+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Layoff-Moving/ Moved back to home country after applying for ALBERTA Nomination

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I can't find the email, sorry....I think I don't have it anymore.
But if you are thinking to ask them your number, forget it, they will not tell you....just wait..

Akk

cuterash said:
Optiusprime and AKK

When you receive an email from alberta with file number ..can you please tell me what is the subject and sender name appears in you inbox.

I just want to make sure it does not go to my junk mail

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hey cuterash,

The email is from Pnp.Office@gov.ab.ca with subject Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program Candidate Application. Hope this helps. :)

akk said:
I can't find the email, sorry....I think I don't have it anymore.
But if you are thinking to ask them your number, forget it, they will not tell you....just wait..

Akk

cuterash said:
Optiusprime and AKK

When you receive an email from alberta with file number ..can you please tell me what is the subject and sender name appears in you inbox.

I just want to make sure it does not go to my junk mail

downloadzombie

Jan 6, 2009
Hi Friends,

For those who applied before feb 19 and received nomination at mailing address but had to move out of USA before you could apply for CIC, (Imagine you applied for AINP and had to go back to home country and your nomination is received at your friend's address),THERE IS A GOOD NEWS.

CIC process can be continued from home country.

you need to send your original application package back to AINP and then they will issue a fresh package at your new mailing address in your home country. also they will send nomination certificate to canadian embassy in your home country.

Please copy n paste this where ever such questions were raised as we now have so many forums. Seniors please take care.

Source of Info: My own case( though yet to receive new package)

DZ

joshi77

Mar 4, 2009
Download ...

I have applied under old process ( 003 form with invitation letter ) and my application is received before 19th feb ...still awaiting my nomination

I have lost my job recently and might have to go back if i do not get any job .

i want to know

what original documents you have to send again exactly
Do you mean they will send you new nomination certificate ....
how long is this process according to alberta office
Did you speak to them by yourself or got this info from other source
Can you please post any email you might have received from them regarding this from AINP OFFICE

Kindly reply to my concerns if you can and keep us posted in this thread for any updates to your case ... it will surely help lots of people

downloadzombie said:
Hi Friends,

For those who applied before feb 19 and received nomination at mailing address but had to move out of USA before you could apply for CIC, (Imagine you applied for AINP and had to go back to home country and your nomination is received at your friend's address),THERE IS A GOOD NEWS.

you need to send your original application package back to AINP and then they will issue a fresh package at your new mailing address in your home country. also they will send nomination certificate to canadian embassy in your home country.

Please copy n paste this where ever such questions were raised as we now have so many forums. Seniors please take care.

DZ

downloadzombie

Jan 6, 2009
Dear joshi,

-original docs being refrrred here are those which are sent to you from AINP office when you get nominated(instruction to apply to cic, letter etc)
-they will send new nomination at my address in my home country.
-How long: no one can answer this including AINP.(depends on work load)
- source of info is email from program officer who was handling my case.
- i cant post original email(sorry bout that)

My next post will be when I receive new nomination at my address in my home country.

thanks,

DZ
joshi77 said:
Download ...

I have applied under old process ( 003 form with invitation letter ) and my application is received before 19th feb ...still awaiting my nomination

I have lost my job recently and might have to go back if i do not get any job .

i want to know

what original documents you have to send again exactly
Do you mean they will send you new nomination certificate ....
how long is this process according to alberta office
Did you speak to them by yourself or got this info from other source
Can you please post any email you might have received from them regarding this from AINP OFFICE

Kindly reply to my concerns if you can and keep us posted in this thread for any updates to your case ... it will surely help lots of people

downloadzombie said:
Hi Friends,

DZ

Ami_Shah

Mar 4, 2009
My application reached Alberta on 2nd feb 09. After a week my husband was laid off. if he donot get job till 23rd April we will have to leave the country. We are already in 6th yr on H1b so no one is ready to transfer H1b. I called up Hotline number to confirm that as application has gone before 19th feb(New process) is it ok to move out of country, but she said one should be present till the time nomination decision is taken even if application is sent before 19th feb. Now i am very confused, i dont know whether i got the correct information or not.

Can any one tell me what are the facts. And do they ask for any proof that we are in USA at time of nomination. Please help.

Thanks in advance

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Ami_Shah said:
but she said one should be present till the time nomination decision is taken even if application is sent before 19th feb.
You heard it from the AINP hot-line itself which is the most authentic source of info on AINP.

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
You heard it from the AINP hot-line itself which is the most authentic source of info on AINP.
[/quote]

I was calling hotline last month to double check re: old process (before 19th) and new process. The first time I called, they told me that the requirement to be employed and in H1B at the time of nomination was effective started 1/1/09, but then at the end she said she's not sure and asking me my email and promised to give me the answer which she never did. I called the second time, spoke with different person who told me bold and clear that the new rule effective started 2/19. That being said, not everyone at hotline know what they talking about.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes the people who tell you something bold and clear do not really know things any better than the other ones, they are just more convinced that their version is correct. Besides, they may not be the ones who process your file. In any case, the more you call AINP, the less time they have to process yours and everybody elses files.

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
Guys ....

I have it in writing now ... Following is the exact post of their email
===============

Good day;

The rules prior to Feb 19, are that a candidate is eligible as long as they meet the requirements at the time of application.

For applications after Feb 19, your will still need to meet the eligibility requirements at the time a final decision is made regarding nomination – meaning
Your H1-B visa needs to current and valid and you need to be legally working at the time of final decision by the AINP.
You are always required to notify the AINP of any changes of employment conditions or change of address if your situation changes following nomination by the AINP.

Any changes to your status or contact information can be emailed to us, please reference your name, address and birth date, and file reference number if you have one.

Regards,

Alberta Employment and Immigration

Alberta Foreign Worker Hotline
www.albertacanada.com/immigration
email: immigration.info@gov.ab.ca
Toll-free within Alberta - 1-877-427-6419
Outside Alberta - 1-780-427-6419

===================

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
Leon said:
Sometimes the people who tell you something bold and clear do not really know things any better than the other ones, they are just more convinced that their version is correct. Besides, they may not be the ones who process your file. In any case, the more you call AINP, the less time they have to process yours and everybody elses files.
I knew that the first person who spoke with me was wrong. I submit my pre-assesment in oct 08 and there wasn't any requirements saying you have to be in H1B at the time of nomination. But, I have to make sure with them, when exactly is the new rule is started effectively. That's why I'm calling the second time hoping to speak with different officer which then confirmed that the first person I spoke with was wrong. In any case, if you call hotline to confirm about something and believed that you still don't have all the info in your hand, call them again, but, do your homework before you start calling them.

honey11111

Feb 16, 2009
Hi cuteresh,

I found that u r in quality/manufacturing side.....so could u pls share with me in which u did graduation or master?

lazylazarus

Dec 9, 2008
Re: Layoff-Moving/ Moved back to home country after applying for ALBERTA Nominat

thanks for this incredibly helpful stream..I was wondering if someone could provide more information about transferring the AINP to our home country? I received my nomination about a month ago, and am getting together my application to send to Buffalo, but am concerned about layoffs. If I am not present at Buffalo at the time of an interview, then a years worth of effort and my hopes for my future go up in smoke. It seems unfair!
Anyone have clear insight?
Thanks,
G

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Layoff-Moving/ Moved back to home country after applying for ALBERTA Nominat

I don't think there is an interview for PNP nominees. Please check further.

Cheers,

lazylazarus said:
thanks for this incredibly helpful stream..I was wondering if someone could provide more information about transferring the AINP to our home country? I received my nomination about a month ago, and am getting together my application to send to Buffalo, but am concerned about layoffs. If I am not present at Buffalo at the time of an interview, then a years worth of effort and my hopes for my future go up in smoke. It seems unfair!
Anyone have clear insight?
Thanks,
G