Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
ImABule said:
Yeah, I sure thought it was just hilarious...

Another applicant at SVO quit his job a year ago and moved to his wife's country. The result? An interview letter.
cic guys are heartless... they make those policies which doesn't benefit anyone their first priority should be to cut the processing time but they don't even care about that

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
ImABule said:
Yeah, I sure thought it was just hilarious...

Another applicant at SVO quit his job a year ago and moved to his wife's country. The result? An interview letter.
how fast is SVO at scheduling interviews? i hope this isn't going to delay your app by too much.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ImABule said:
I am not trying to argue or fight.. but it really irks me the wrong way when I see exempt people complaining. OP will apply shortly after getting the certificate and be PR by Christmas.

My wife applied for TRV and study permit with my parents offering to pay her tuition and showing 4x what it would cost and it was refused due to "family ties in Canada" so we apply for PR well before we wanted to and now CIC has the audacity to now question if we are family.

Just trying to put things into perspective.
Even if I happened to get PR by then, there are complications on my end here that prevent me from just up and leaving the second I have a COPR in hand. I have a lease for my apartment. I'm going to have to break it, and the company has a policy of generally not allowing people to break their lease during the months of November-January at all unless they suddenly have a bunch of people wanting apartments. Even if they do agree to let me, in that case, it can cost up to $2000 just to break it, along with 30 days notice. Otherwise, at the very earliest, I have to wait until February. And that's assuming that our certificate comes in a reasonable time frame (September 16th will be around the 10 week mark) and things are continuing to process through Ottawa at the pace they are, and that SA times keep dropping, that COPRs get sent out in a timely fashion, etc.

Until you've walked in my shoes for a day, please don't presume to know what I'm going through while I wait. Everyone's circumstances are different. Everyone's state of mind is different. That's all I was trying to state in my reply. I sympathize wholeheartedly with your situation, and I wish you the best.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
danawhitaker said:
Even if I happened to get PR by then, there are complications on my end here that prevent me from just up and leaving the second I have a COPR in hand. I have a lease for my apartment. I'm going to have to break it, and the company has a policy of generally not allowing people to break their lease during the months of November-January at all unless they suddenly have a bunch of people wanting apartments. Even if they do agree to let me, in that case, it can cost up to $2000 just to break it, along with 30 days notice. Otherwise, at the very earliest, I have to wait until February. And that's assuming that our certificate comes in a reasonable time frame (September 16th will be around the 10 week mark) and things are continuing to process through Ottawa at the pace they are, and that SA times keep dropping, that COPRs get sent out in a timely fashion, etc.

Until you've walked in my shoes for a day, please don't presume to know what I'm going through while I wait. Everyone's circumstances are different. Everyone's state of mind is different. That's all I was trying to state in my reply. I sympathize wholeheartedly with your situation, and I wish you the best.
we are talking about cic processing times other circumstances are your personal but american citizens are getting PR's in 2 months whereas we have to wait for an year.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:
how fast is SVO at scheduling interviews? i hope this isn't going to delay your app by too much.
Not sure

A couple applicants got their interviews in 3-4 months. However they were Bangladeshi. Bangladesh, Thailand and Vietnam make up the bulk of SVO applicants and there are hardly any from Indonesia. In fact there is only 2 other Indonesian applicants currently on the forum.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean they travel to Jakarta less often to hold interviews.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
danawhitaker said:

personal circumstances aside, the point they're trying to make is that our government, despite preaching "tolerance and equality", have double standards when it comes to immigration. for non visa exempt applicants, visa officers rely heavily on cultural stereotypes to identify marriages of convenience, while applicants from visa exempt countries are given much more leeway. it's these double standards along with CIC's reliance on their archaic methods that result in longer processing times for certain foreign nationals.

for example, whereas an American homosexual spouse would have no trouble getting through immigration, a Pakistani homosexual spouse would almost certainly be rejected because homosexuality is taboo and illegal in Pakistan.

Omega12

Aug 22, 2016
flx2015 said:
personal circumstances aside, the point they're trying to make is that our government, despite preaching "tolerance and equality", have double standards when it comes to immigration. it's no secret that the CIC relies on cultural stereotypes to identify marriages of convenience. it's these double standards along with CIC's reliance on their archaic methods that result in longer processing times for certain foreign nationals.

for example, whereas an American homosexual spouse would have no trouble getting through immigration, a Pakistani homosexual spouse would almost certainly be rejected because homosexuality is taboo and illegal in Pakistan.
All true and valid points but if we look rationally, stereotypes denote the 'common' or the status quo. So anything outside of the status quo receives extra scrutiny by IRCC because, well, it's not routine.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
flx2015 said:
personal circumstances aside, the point they're trying to make is that our government, despite preaching "tolerance and equality", have double standards when it comes to immigration. it's no secret that the CIC relies on cultural stereotypes to identify marriages of convenience. it's these double standards along with CIC's reliance on their archaic methods that result in longer processing times for certain foreign nationals.

On the flipside, a Pakistani couple who got married via an arranged marriage will have a greater chance of being accepted than an American couple (of Euro descent) who got married via an arranged marriage because an arranged marriage is still a fairly common way of getting married in Pakistan. Heck, up until recently, CIC used to accept marriage by proxy as valid for couples from Pakistan.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:

Exactly. CIC is completely biased towards visa exempt foreigners. That is what is meant when I say "have it easy".

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
When we talk about those going to Ottawa or the differences between Outland and inland people should not take it personal. The whole process is a joke no matter where or what you are doing. As a Canadian I am embarrassed and ashamed.
Having said that it is especially a joke how visa free and vise required are dealt with so differently. The presumption that every case from a vr country requires much more than a Ottawa process is presumptuous by our government. My wife is a very successful 50 yr old Russian woman. They have every logical document needed for them to see that it is a no brainer!
Do not tell me the visa officer is going to spend anymore physical time on our file over an Ottawa case. I do not buy it and if they do it is to answer to barriers placed by our government. If there are red flags maybe a little longer but those are the exceptions.
I think the only red flag besides a security or criminal record should be a second sponsorship. What do we have to lose by letting the first spouse sail through?
Our government has no business in our bedrooms nor do I need a big brother!!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
keesio said:
On the flipside, a Pakistani couple who got married via an arranged marriage will have a greater chance of being accepted than an American couple (of Euro descent) who got married via an arranged marriage because an arranged marriage is still a fairly common way of getting married in Pakistan.
your point being that visa exempt applicants with cases that are outside of cultural norms would also have their applications scrutinized by the visa officers, correct? you make a good point, though i would argue that the list of things that may trigger closer scrutiny is definitely shorter for visa exempt applicants. even when requested to undergo interviews, visa exempt applicants still face a shorter processing time compared to other foreign nationals.

Omega12 said:
All true and valid points but if we look rationally, stereotypes denote the 'common' or the status quo. So anything outside of the status quo receives extra scrutiny by IRCC because, well, it's not routine.
times are changing. remember Mr Justin Selfie breaking the status quo in the house of commons by appointing Canada's first ever gender-balanced cabinet? because it's 2016, he said. perhaps he forgot to add that it's 2016 in visa exempt countries only? what a joke of a priminister... a poster boy for today's pussy generation.

jokes aside, you said that spouses/partners outside of the status quo are scrutinized more closely because they're non-routine cases. fair enough, but here's what bothers me: that extra scrutiny results in the applicant having to wait longer before they're reunited with their spouse, and that in my opinion is the main issue that needs to be addressed. what ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? how about giving the couple the benefit of the doubt and allowing them to stay together while their application is scrutinized? our neighbors to the south have something similar to a spousal TRV, so it's definitely doable. i would very much like CIC to follow their example.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flx2015 said:
times are changing. remember Mr Justin Selfie breaking the status quo in the house of commons by appointing Canada's first ever gender-balanced cabinet? because it's 2016, he said. perhaps he forgot to add that it's 2016 in visa exempt countries only? what a joke of a priminister... a poster boy for today's pussy generation.

jokes aside, you said that spouses/partners outside of the status quo receive extra scrutiny because they're non-routine cases. fair enough, but here's what bothers me: that extra scrutiny results in the applicant having to wait longer before they're reunited with their spouse, and that in my opinion is the main issue that needs to be addressed. what ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? how about giving the couple the benefit of the doubt and allowing them to stay together while their application is scrutinized? our neighbors to the south have something similar to a spousal TRV, so it's definitely doable. i would very much like CIC to follow their example.
if they can process visitors visas in a couple of days they can certainly do the same thing for PR applications ,.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I think the point Dana was making is important and valid as there is an assumption everything is easy with an American application but there can be different complicating factors that many don't consider. However I think it is on another level when your spouse is from a visa required country. In most cases they cannot get a visa to even visit Canada. The process is usually much much longer, the burden of proof higher and the chances of interview greater. While you wait it's longer between visits because of the greater distance and costs. All travel (and often financial support) is one sided. If an emergency came up in Canada they are not allowed to come help and support you. The sponsored person agrees to give up their life and move to a country they have never even been allowed to visit. This process is hard for all couples regardless of where they are from but on the whole it's so much harder when they are from a visa required country because so much more is out of your control.

M

mikeymyke

ImABule said:
Exactly. CIC is completely biased towards visa exempt foreigners. That is what is meant when I say "have it easy".
Although I agree that regardless of visa exempt or not, that all of us have hardships being away from our spouses, I do have to agree with ImABule that the visa exempt nationals definitely have it way easier than the others.

Their applications don't face nowhere near the scrutiny as everyone else, their processing times are way faster, and they dont need a visa to enter Canada.

Even if somehow, the visa exempt spouse did not want to come to visit in Canada due to finances, at least they will benefit from a shorter processing time and likely approval of their PR application. And even if the visa exempt spouse had an interview, and thus longer processing time, at least he/she has the benefit of being able to visit their spouse in Canada due to not needing a visa. The non visa exempt ones have it bad, because having an interview request will likely kill their chances of getting a visitor visa.

So now ImABule, like many others, has an interview coming up, will have to wait a long time for processing, and his wife already denied a TRV, and likely won't be able to get a TRV again, so they'll have to be separate for a while unless he gives up his job to visit her, or spend a lot of money to travel overseas.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
MNM2015 said:
I think the point Dana was making is important and valid as there is an assumption everything is easy with an American application but there can be different complicating factors that many don't consider.
we are not taking into account personal circumstances. this is strictly about the time it takes CIC to process applications.