Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
naveedali said:
Only americans gets the benefit of ottawa. They send our applications to London which is the slowest visa center. FLX applied back in dec 2015 they didn't even touch his file yet. How would they know if its straight forward or not?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
pedropil said:
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2016/06/18/ottawa-cutting-spousal-sponsorship-backlog.html
inland only. they haven't done anything for outland applicants being processed overseas.

take a look at CIC's operational bulletins here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2016/index.asp

they posted OB 624 on June 13th. note how it only applies to the "in-Canada spousal application inventory".

Omega12

Aug 22, 2016
naveedali said:
Only americans gets the benefit of ottawa. They send our applications to London which is the slowest visa center.
I this case when they say 'Ottawa,' I believe they are referring to the Government of Canada in general and not the CPC Ottawa office in particular.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
Omega12 said:
I this case when they say 'Ottawa,' I believe they are referring to the Government of Canada in general and not the CPC Ottawa office in particular.
oops. they made those changes for inland who are already together. What about outland?

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
naveedali said:
oops. they made those changes for inland who are already together. What about outland?
let's not go there. yes, i too am furious at CIC for not addressing outland wait times (i haven't seen my wife for almost a year), but it's not our place to decide who gets to be fast tracked. inland applicants have their own frustrations, e.g. not being able to work and thus creating a financial burden on their sponsoring spouses. that too can have a negative impact on a relationship.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
naveedali said:
Only americans gets the benefit of ottawa. They send our applications to London which is the slowest visa center.
Add to that Australians, Austrians, French and Brits. All visa-exempt already, so nothing was preventing from visiting their spouses in Canada in the first place.

In the case of British applicants, they are being fast-tracked in Ottawa. Their London Visa Office, which deals with Pakistani applicants, continues to process at a snail pace. Double standards.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
flx2015 said:
let's not go there. yes, i too am furious at CIC for not addressing outland wait times (i haven't seen my wife for almost a year), but it's not our place to decide who gets to be fast tracked. inland applicants have their own frustrations, e.g. not being able to work and thus creating a financial burden on their sponsoring spouses. that too can have a negative impact on a relationship.
in other words canadian gov is doing everything to make couples fight and get frustrated

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
s.and.s said:
Add to that Australians, Austrians, French and Brits. All visa-exempt already, so nothing was preventing from visiting their spouses in Canada in the first place.

In the case of British applicants, they are being fast-tracked in Ottawa. Their London Visa Office, which deals with Pakistani applicants, continues to process at a snail pace. Double standards.
Not all Americans can just take off to visit their spouse whenever they please simply because they're visa exempt. I have a school-age daughter. My windows for visiting are fairly restricted due to her school year and conferences, and my husband can't always easily make it down here because he has a small business. I have a visit planned in a few weeks so that we do the finalizing of our application, because right now we're still waiting on our marriage certificate from Ontario. It was a fight to get anyone from my family to be willing to watch my daughter for several weeks. We try to alternate visits.

We got married in July, and returning home was the hardest thing I've ever done. Not only do I miss being with my husband, even though we're in constant contact via text and voice chat, but my daughter is missing out on critical bonding time with her stepdad. She's missing the friendships she made in the time we spent up there before and after the wedding. I miss my husband's family, as well. Traveling expenses and living in separate residences are both a financial burden for us.

Yes, I'm aware that when I apply, my processing time will end up being faster than some other Outland applicants. But that doesn't make the wait any easier. We're all stuck in this together, just with differing circumstances, and I think it's really easy to look at another situation and think, "They have it so easy." It's not always greener on the other side.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
come on guys, no need to turn this into an argument. like i've said before, everyone's situation is different, and it's no one's place decide who deserves to be fast tracked and who doesn't. IMO every genuine couple deserves to be reunited with their spouses as quickly as possible. it's great that CPC-O has been able to cut their average processing time in half. now let's hope other visa offices follow suit very soon, and then we'll all be happy.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
I am with you danawhitaker; we are both in the same boat. My only wish is for the wait times to improve for everyone. No one deserves to be kept apart from their loves ones.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
flx2015 said:
come on guys, no need to turn this into an argument. like i've said before, everyone's situation is different, and it's not up to us decide who deserves to be fast tracked and who doesn't. IMO every genuine couple deserves to be reunited with their spouses as quickly as possible. it's great that CPC-O has been able to cut their average processing time in half. now let's hope other visa offices follow suit very soon, and then we'll all be happy.
Not going to argue but it's absolutely ridiculous that an American processed in Ottawa has PR and lands in less than 2 months and my wife and I, with very strong relationship proofs and a well put together application waited 6 months just to get a random interview letter.

danawhitaker said:
Not all Americans can just take off to visit their spouse whenever they please simply because they're visa exempt. I have a school-age daughter. My windows for visiting are fairly restricted due to her school year and conferences, and my husband can't always easily make it down here because he has a small business. I have a visit planned in a few weeks so that we do the finalizing of our application, because right now we're still waiting on our marriage certificate from Ontario. It was a fight to get anyone from my family to be willing to watch my daughter for several weeks. We try to alternate visits.

We got married in July, and returning home was the hardest thing I've ever done. Not only do I miss being with my husband, even though we're in constant contact via text and voice chat, but my daughter is missing out on critical bonding time with her stepdad. She's missing the friendships she made in the time we spent up there before and after the wedding. I miss my husband's family, as well. Traveling expenses and living in separate residences are both a financial burden for us.

Yes, I'm aware that when I apply, my processing time will end up being faster than some other Outland applicants. But that doesn't make the wait any easier. We're all stuck in this together, just with differing circumstances, and I think it's really easy to look at another situation and think, "They have it so easy." It's not always greener on the other side.
The VAST majority of exempt applicants have it easy. My daughter hasn't even met her step mother and is limited to talking through the screen of my phone on video call because incompetent cic won't even let my wife in the country to visit. Travelling expenses? I've flown 30 hours across the world to visit my wife 3 and soon to be 4 times in the past year. It's very expensive. Not to mention I've been working steadily 80 hours a week since October of last year to support my wife, my child, and myself, and be able to travel and pay debt off. I am burned out and now find out its gonna be a lot longer than planned before this nightmare ends. Trust me, it's definitely a lot greener on the other side.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Calm down guys. I regret making that post. We're all suffering and frustrated here and this just happens to be a sad situation.

Let's not get into a fight please. We need to support each other.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
s.and.s said:
Calm down guys. I regret making that post. We're all suffering and frustrated here and this just happens to be a sad situation.

Let's not get into a fight please. We need to support each other.
I am not trying to argue or fight.. but it really irks me the wrong way when I see exempt people complaining. OP will apply shortly after getting the certificate and be PR by Christmas.

My wife applied for TRV and study permit with my parents offering to pay her tuition and showing 4x what it would cost and it was refused due to "family ties in Canada" so we apply for PR well before we wanted to and now CIC has the audacity to now question if we are family.

Just trying to put things into perspective.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
ImABule said:
I am not trying to argue or fight.. but it really irks me the wrong way when I see exempt people complaining. OP will apply shortly after getting the certificate and be PR by Christmas.

My wife applied for TRV and study permit with my parents offering to pay her tuition and showing 4x what it would cost and it was refused due to "family ties in Canada" so we apply for PR well before we wanted to and now CIC has the audacity to now question if we are family.

Just trying to put things into perspective.
thats the funniest thing first they reject your visa due to family ties and then they investigate if you're in real relationship or not :D

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
naveedali said:
thats the funniest thing first they reject your visa due to family ties and then they investigate if you're in real relationship or not :D
Yeah, I sure thought it was just hilarious...

Another applicant at SVO quit his job a year ago and moved to his wife's country. The result? An interview letter.