+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Re: Amound in CAD to carry upon landing

Meeho said:
Hello
I am planning to go for 2 weeks to do the landing. can you please advise how much CAD should I carry
Would 6 or 7K be enough?
BR
proof of funds is required, as per CIC's policy.

If you're short on that they may not let you into Canada, a landing person must have the POF according to family size.
Amount is written on CIC website.

Meeho

Feb 4, 2012
Cairo
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010

Hello Canvis
thanks for your feedback
I am CSQ applicant and arriving to Toronto
Can you please help me find it on the website? i cldn't find it
Only for federal skilled worker which mentioned ~ 11K, that was not what was mentioned when i filled in the application was $3K

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013

Meeho said:
Hello Canvis
thanks for your feedback
I am CSQ applicant and arriving to Toronto
Can you please help me find it on the website? i cldn't find it
Only for federal skilled worker which mentioned ~ 11K, that was not what was mentioned when i filled in the application was $3K
You must have applied for the federal part with CIC after getting CSQ and hence the POF for FSW also applies to you.

Regards,

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

rizmayo said:
You must have applied for the federal part with CIC after getting CSQ and hence the POF for FSW also applies to you.

Regards,
Not quite, Quebec have their own proof of funds requirement and its much less than the FSW POF. The federal part only processes
the medicals and security checks for QSW applicants with CSQ, but the general criteria are set by Quebec government including the proof of funds.

I couldn't find the official link at this time, however pasted the below from canadavisa website - its about 3000 CAD for 1 adult:

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-funds.html

note it may have been updated, but the change wouldn't be major.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Rajdeep_Punjab13 said:
Hi Friend , Thanks for you reply. Actually the Link only tells you about the POF to be shown at the time of VISA processing. No where it is mentioned that one has to bring the entire money shown as POF. In the same link it is mentioned the amount to be bring in to Canada is as

" How much money should you bring?

It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
How much money should you bring?

It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
by the way..although its safest to have the POF requirement, but honestly i don't believe the visa officer may refuse your entry as a PR while you are having a job offer in hand already - because it doesn't make sense, logically a job offer is a better proof than cash for your ability to afford living expenses in canada.

If i were you - i would explore that further, try emailing your visa office and ask for advise - but if you don't have time for that, then have the funds ready ...you'll need it anyway at least until you get your first paycheck.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013

emamabd said:
Not quite, Quebec have their own proof of funds requirement and its much less than the FSW POF. The federal part only processes
the medicals and security checks for QSW applicants with CSQ, but the general criteria are set by Quebec government including the proof of funds.

I couldn't find the official link at this time, however pasted the below from canadavisa website - its about 3000 CAD for 1 adult:

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-funds.html

note it may have been updated, but the change wouldn't be major.
Thanks emamabd,

Here is the official link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#financial

surving for 3 months on $2,956 anywhere in Canada, without at least some sort of odd job seems so unreal :eek:

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

rizmayo said:
Thanks emamabd,

Here is the official link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#financial

surving for 3 months on $2,956 anywhere in Canada, without at least some sort of odd job seems so unreal :eek:
Sure, that's a very small amount, although rental prices in quebec are cheaper than ontario..but definately with only 3k in hand one has to land in a survival job in the first 2-4 weeks otherwise things can go really bad.

Meeho

Feb 4, 2012
Cairo
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010

Thanks alot for ur feedback
Putting into consideration I should arrive through Toronto airport and take bus to Montreal
Will they mandate that i carry $11K?
I should stay for only 2 weeks during my first visit

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Guys good evening, tomorrow is our flight, our first landing in Canada as immigrants...our POE is Toronto....We are 99% ready, but before anything else, I just want to clarify the following....

1.for the declaration of goods accompanying and to follow, I've noticed that there are immigration forms for these, am I going to fill these up and carry with me?, or the immigration officers at POE will provide these to me upon arrival? Or they will just take the LISTS that I prepared?
2. The same concern regarding the declaration of fund....There is also an immigration form for this.....and its the same question above...should I prepare the form and carry with me, or the Immigration officers will provide these to me on arrival at POE....or they will just ask me regarding the funds and some proof to show...

thank you guys,

ibasco

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Ibasco said:
Guys good evening, tomorrow is our flight, our first landing in Canada as immigrants...our POE is Toronto....We are 99% ready, but before anything else, I just want to clarify the following....

1.for the declaration of goods accompanying and to follow, I've noticed that there are immigration forms for these, am I going to fill these up and carry with me?, or the immigration officers at POE will provide these to me upon arrival? Or they will just take the LISTS that I prepared? Form B4e needs to be filled for goods to follow and goods accompanied (separately, 2 copies each). If you don't fill them in advance the customs officer will fill them out for you and give you the receipts. If you need help filling the form just give me a call, I will guide you on the easiest way to fill them, as you don't want to be stressing over this on your last day.
2. The same concern regarding the declaration of fund....There is also an immigration form for this.....and its the same question above...should I prepare the form and carry with me, or the Immigration officers will provide these to me on arrival at POE....or they will just ask me regarding the funds and some proof to show... Form E677 to be filled for this. Again if you don't fill this in advance the CBSA officer will happily do it for you. It just takes a lot of time for the CBSA officer to fill these forms and can be annoying if you have someone waiting for your outside or you have a connecting flight.

thank you guys,

ibasco

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014

Ibasco

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
hi rizmayo, thanks as always to ur guidance. There is address required in the forms, which one I should write, my address in Dubai or our temporary address in Alberta? Is it okay if I try to fill it up now and jts insert upon arrival whatever Infos I'm not sure...thanks

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ibasco said:
hi rizmayo, thanks as always to ur guidance. There is address required in the forms, which one I should write, my address in Dubai or our temporary address in Alberta? Is it okay if I try to fill it up now and jts insert upon arrival whatever Infos I'm not sure...thanks
Give your Alberta address. They will ask you if all the goods will be shipped from one destination and will then mention AE on your form.

If you haven't left yesterday, feel free to send a pm or call 050-6240270 and I can help you.

josykthattakunnel

Sep 2, 2010
Hallo everybody ,We have our PR visa on our passports .We plan to land middle of October .Only me and my 17 year old son will stay back in Canada but my wife and 2 other kids may stay there only for one month as my wife can avail only that much leave from her work place. They will come again in 2015 October permanently. Is that one month period is enough to get the PR card processing or will they stop processing PR card for my wife and other kids? Do they have to stay longer time in Canada to get it done. While landing ,in the Air port if we tell them that wife and kids will go back will they stop there PR card processing? If any body has any idea please share.Thank you so much.JOSY

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
josykthattakunnel said:
Hallo everybody ,We have our PR visa on our passports .We plan to land middle of October .Only me and my 17 year old son will stay back in Canada but my wife and 2 other kids may stay there only for one month as my wife can avail only that much leave from her work place. They will come again in 2015 October permanently. Is that one month period is enough to get the PR card processing or will they stop processing PR card for my wife and other kids? Do they have to stay longer time in Canada to get it done. While landing ,in the Air port if we tell them that wife and kids will go back will they stop there PR card processing? If any body has any idea please share.Thank you so much.JOSY
why do you want to tell them that your wife and kids will be going back after one month?Thats too much information. You are coming as permanent residents, so just tell them you'll be here until you get your pr cards (which is true because you will be present to collect all the cards)..thats enough info, don't voluntarily provide too much information.