+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
smaan said:
It would impact my trip because say they request my passport within a week and I don't get it back in time before my first June trip. Then I wouldn't be able to travel. Or I could wait to give in my passport later but then that would impact my July trip
Why did they inform you, they will be sending the passport request in 1 week? They usually don't give such information to applicants, unless they raise a CSE.

Regards,

smaan

Apr 25, 2014
rizmayo said:
Why did they inform you, they will be sending the passport request in 1 week? They usually don't give such information to applicants, unless they raise a CSE.

Regards,
Sorry I meant "say that they request it in a week" i was assuming that they would. if they request my passport anytime in the next few weeks I would have to give it in, and I might not get it back in time before my June trip.

darpaje

Jul 3, 2013
Dear Qorax

Can i prepare/submit list of goods accompanying and list of goods to follow on excel sheet plain paper, is it acceptable at Canada Airport

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
smaan said:
Sorry I meant "say that they request it in a week" i was assuming that they would. if they request my passport anytime in the next few weeks I would have to give it in, and I might not get it back in time before my June trip.
It depends on what stage your application is at and even if you have already completed your medicals, getting a passport request after 1 week of medicals is rare (not sure from which milestone you are counting a week). After you get your passport request you will be given time to submit it and if circumstances do not allow for you to send the passport within that time period (e.g. you are out of the country), you can always ask CIC to give you a little more time to submit the passport and they will accommodate your request.

Regards,

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darpaje said:
Dear Qorax

Can i prepare/submit list of goods accompanying and list of goods to follow on excel sheet plain paper, is it acceptable at Canada Airport
Yes, but you would have to complete the B4E first.

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
Hello guys,
a few questions...
We are on provincial nominee program,
1 - Our destination is Winnipeg MB, and before we reach it we would like to visit some friends in Ontario right after the landing, is that might be considered as something forbidden ? (I have a flight tickets to Winnipeg with a week period from the landing day)
2 - We are family of three ,and for the proof of funds we bringing a bank cheque for 32K,
do I need to declare it (its more than 10K for person..)?

Thanks!

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
jojik said:
Hello guys,
a few questions...
1 - Our destination is Winnipeg MB, and before we reach it we would like to visit some friends in Ontario right after the landing, is that might be considered as something forbidden ? (I have a flight tickets to Winnipeg with a week period from the landing day)
2 - We are family of three ,and for the proof of funds we bringing a bank cheque for 32K,
do I need to declare it (its more than 10K for person..)?

Thanks!
regarding "2" ofcourse you need to declare it.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jojik said:
Hello guys,
a few questions...
No problem especially if you are arriving Ontario via an international flight and have a connecting flight to MB.

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
emamabd,steaky - thank you.

steaky said:
No problem especially if you are arriving Ontario via an international flight and have a connecting flight to MB.
I am arriving Toronto (Ontario) via international flight, just worried that my connection flight to MB is a week later..

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
jojik said:
emamabd,steaky - thank you.
I am arriving Toronto (Ontario) via international flight, just worried that my connection flight to MB is a week later..
As a PNP nominee, you are not restricted from visiting other provinces for extended periods. Just don't give any indication that you want to permanently settle in Ontario and the visa officer will not have any issue with you visiting your family in Toronto before heading to your intended province of settlement (that is if he/she even bothers to ask when your connecting flight is).

Regards,

jojik

Dec 6, 2012
rizmayo said:
As a PNP nominee, you are not restricted from visiting other provinces for extended periods. Just don't give any indication that you want to permanently settle in Ontario and the visa officer will not have any issue with you visiting your family in Toronto before heading to your intended province of settlement (that is if he/she even bothers to ask when your connecting flight is).

Regards,
rizmayo - Thank you for the explain.

Rajdeep_Punjab13

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ludhiana
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
08-08-2013
Interview........
Waived OFf
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 3rd Feb2014
LANDED..........
Planning by 15th May2014
Hi Friends,

I have not seen any document for the exact "minimum" amount to be carried alongwith while we are travelling. Even the CIC wbsite does not mention the minimum amount to be carried and shown at the time of reaching CANADA. My questions are

1. Do we need to carry mandatorily the amount shown as POF during the VISA application or we can take any desired amount less than that also
2. What will happen at the airport if we do not carry than the POF declared during the VISA application.
3. If we got a job after getting a visa , do we still have to carry the full POF shown during VISA application. ( In my case I got JOB from my current company and I am going with JOB in hand)

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Can anyone please show me how PPR email look like? Please hide all your information, I just want to see it.

I haven't got mine for almost 3.5 years. Maybe if I see it i stay motivated :)

Thanks

1978bubun

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Request
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
All

I am planning to do my landing in a couple weeks from now. I'd be staying there for only 2-3 days and then be back.

I am planning to provide my friend's address in Toronto for sending the PR card to me (my friend will Fedex it to me). Do I need to submit any proof for that address, like a letter from my friend stating that I'd be living with them etc etc..?

If so, can somebody guide me to a sample letter if available?

Thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
1978bubun said:
All

I am planning to do my landing in a couple weeks from now. I'd be staying there for only 2-3 days and then be back.

I am planning to provide my friend's address in Toronto for sending the PR card to me (my friend will Fedex it to me). Do I need to submit any proof for that address, like a letter from my friend stating that I'd be living with them etc etc..?

If so, can somebody guide me to a sample letter if available?

Thanks
you dont need a letter, the officer will just need the address...