+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Dear QORAX, Seniors,
Is there any difference between COPR and landing papers. Im facing a problem to apply for the DL in Vancouver. I've visited 3 different offices. They are asking either for PR card or landing papers. They dont accept COPR to apply for the dricing license. I've landed on 26th may and dont know when the the PR card will b processed. :-\ So plz guide me on it...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mooving2canada said:
Dear QORAX, Seniors,
Is there any difference between COPR and landing papers. Im facing a problem to apply for the DL in Vancouver. I've visited 3 different offices. They are asking either for PR card or landing papers. They dont accept COPR to apply for the dricing license. I've landed on 26th may and dont know when the the PR card will b processed. :-\ So plz guide me on it...
The Landing Record-IMM1000 was the old system. It has since been Replaced by the COPR-IMM5292. they r both the same. And is the ONLY proof available to us against our landing till we get the PR cards.

I fail to understand why & how your Drive Test Centers r giving u a hard time? We got ours smoothly here, in Toronto.

sr786

Jun 19, 2010
super!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx so much for a very organized and well done report of it.......its a good insight to what lay ahead!

well done !

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
qorax said:
The Landing Record-IMM1000 was the old system. It has since been Replaced by the COPR-IMM5292. they r both the same. And is the ONLY proof available to us against our landing till we get the PR cards.

I fail to understand why & how your Drive Test Centers r giving u a hard time? We got ours smoothly here, in Toronto.
Thanx Qorax. Now i have sent the enquiry mail to the concerned department. Let us c what they reply.
any1 having experienced the same in BC, plz share ur experience..

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Please help!!

I had planned to move to Toronto in September with my family.

My company in India looking for few options for me so that I can still work with the company, as part of which I would be visiting Calgary for 2-3 days to meet the client its WEST JET airlines.

Now, I believe I will be going to Toronto then taking next flight to Calgary from there!!

Need your help!!

As I would be landing in Toronto airport I need to go for POE there,
1. shall I disclose my onward journey to Calgary to the POE officer during my landing process or just give my relative's address of Toronto and say I will be staying in Toronto and does that make them to send PR to my relative's house and can he send it back to India by FedEx/etc?

2. Since this is a short visit I wont be carrying anything, does that mean I start listing everything as goods to be followed and list them (or does that mean I need to pay duty when I actually come with family)?

3. Most important!! Do I need to Bring Proof of Funds for Whole family of 4(around 20K) or Only for 1 person as I am only coming here just show POF for me i.e around 10K

Please suggest!!

Thanks,
Nadeem

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. If you were to tell them that you will not be in Toronto when the PR card is mailed to your relatives address, then they will probably put a stop to the PR card until you have a permanent address yourself.

2. Bring your goods to follow list.

3. Bring your funds for 4 people.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
qorax said:
There r many variants going around here reg. Bank Statements, Savings, Chequeing, Term Deposits etc. I'm not from India, so my know on INR might be flawed. But Rocky has confirmed from CHC-ND that the statement works.

However, my personal take on it is that, International Banks statements might still be Ok, but other banks r a no, no. They don't accept that. Your consultant might be right, just this one time.

My Personal Experience:
I brought in enough Cash (more than the CIC guideline), plus Drafts & an International Bank Statement. They 'declined' to accept the bank statement & the BSO categorically said that they r not interested in that. While logging all the funds into CRS site & giving me a Blue Receipt. I had more funds so, there wasn't a problem. But for ppl who have the constraints, it might give them the jitters.

Regards,
Qorax
wow this one was really good knowing its great to learn from the exp of all seniors here on this forum....

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Leon,
Thanks for your help!!

I will not tell that I will be going to return, but say that will be staying there in my friend's house. I hope that is fine.

One more question if I directly go to Calgary than can I give Toronto address??

I will prepare Gods to follow list and plan to bring POF for 4

Thanks,
Nad

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you will supposedly be staying at the address you give when the PR card arrives, I don't think it matters too much what address you give except they are touchy about Quebec because Quebec has their own immigration program. However, that will not be an issue for you.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I am the principal applicant and my POE according to COPR was Toronto
Since my wife got transfer from the her current company in India , i am planning to land in Vancouver.

I have below questions.

1)Should pre fill the PR card form before landing or fill it after the form is given by Visa Officer?

2)My wife got a transfer through her current company.Should we inform this as the reason change in POE from Toronto to vancouver?

OR

Should i inform the Visa officer that i am moving to Vancouver because of weather is better and My friends have moved to Vancouver

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
qorax said:
1. Form B4: One for the entire family. Yes, u have to fill, if there r goods accompanying & Goods to Follow.
2. PR Card form: Not required. The BSO at the airport will do the needful for entire family.
3. SIN Card form: Next day, at Service Canada office. Only for u & spouse. Kids, N/A.
4. OHIP (Med Card): N/A till 3 months from landing. No action now.
5. CTB: U'll be informed along with the PR cards. N/A now.

*Don't forget to take the Jewellry pics, if u r getting them.

Good luck.
Thanks Dear duttaji

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mailvdutt said:
I am the principal applicant and my POE according to COPR was Toronto
Since my wife got transfer from the her current company in India , i am planning to land in Vancouver.

I have below questions.

1)Should pre fill the PR card form before landing or fill it after the form is given by Visa Officer?

2)My wife got a transfer through her current company.Should we inform this as the reason change in POE from Toronto to vancouver?

OR

Should i inform the Visa officer that i am moving to Vancouver because of weather is better and My friends have moved to Vancouver
Replied to u at the "can we land anywhere" thread.

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
hi qorax!

i just have another question...

my final landing destination is Edmonton, but the itenerary for my flight was Manila to Taipei,Taipei to Vancouver. then Vancouver to Edmonton.

I understand that my initial POE in Canada is Vancouver, does this mean I have to do all the landing procedures in Vancouver even though I will settle in Edmonton?

Please advice..Thank you once again! God bless!