+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
qorax said:
This is a wonderful query. Now I know that someone is sincerely trying to fill the B4.

1. Importer: U, your name.
2. Importer's address: Your "Canadian" Address. The place where u r going to stay after landing [any such address will suffice].
3. Country of Origin: The country from which u r coming into Canada.
4. Country of Export: "N/A". U r not going to export [send out] these goods from Canada, r u?
5. Goods to follow BOX: Yes, Cross it.
6. SETTLER (tariff item No. 9807.00.00): Check [Tick] that.

Good luck.
Qorax
Dear friend Duttaji,
do i have to fill all this forms i.e B4, PR, Sin card for all my family members including my infant child who is 1 year old. PR card ok i do have to but what about others. And any other Form i have to fill as per your knowledge. Medical? Child Tax benifit? etc???

Boljet

Star Member
Oct 27, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax,
Thanks for being there.
I want to know if one lands and after collecting the PR card and Sin card do one need to register for health insurance or is one entitled automatically after three months. What about those that land and travel back immediately, will they be entitled to health insurance even if they are not in canada.

Boljet

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
PLEASE advice if DEBIT card & bank statement for that DEBT card can be considered as fund proof at landing time.

I have DEBIT card (VISA); what if I have required money in that debit card (checking account) which can be withdraw from any ATM;
and keep my Bank statement to show my balance in my Debit card.

PELASE share your view.

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
pooja123 said:
PLEASE advice if DEBIT card & bank statement for that DEBT card can be considered as fund proof at landing time.

I have DEBIT card (VISA); what if I have required money in that debit card (checking account) which can be withdraw from any ATM;
and keep my Bank statement to show my balance in my Debit card.

PELASE share your view.
The bank statement is not of your Debit Card. It is of your Account and your debit card is linked with your account. Now, Basically what you are saying is that you will keep the money in your bank account. You will get the bank statement form you bank for your account. Then when you will land, you will show the Immigration Officer that bank statement.

Now the answer is that it depends on the bank in which you have your account. There have been instances ( discussed somewhere in this forum) when Bank statements of Indian banks are rejected by the Immigration officer. even of International banks. Safest way is to take Bank draft or better take Traveller's Cheques. Or you can open an account in Scotia bank from Indian and transfer the amount in it and take Bank statement from them....

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
aybee said:
The bank statement is not of your Debit Card. It is of your Account and your debit card is linked with your account. Now, Basically what you are saying is that you will keep the money in your bank account. You will get the bank statement form you bank for your account. Then when you will land, you will show the Immigration Officer that bank statement.

Now the answer is that it depends on the bank in which you have your account. There have been instances ( discussed somewhere in this forum) when Bank statements of Indian banks are rejected by the Immigration officer. even of International banks. Safest way is to take Bank draft or better take Traveller's Cheques. Or you can open an account in Scotia bank from Indian and transfer the amount in it and take Bank statement from them....
Thanks for suggestion.

bhaveshenee

Oct 23, 2009
INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2010
Dear Experienced friends,
do i have to fill all this forms i.e B4, PR, Sin card for all my family members including my infant child who is 1 year old. PR card ok i do have to but what about others. And any other Form i have to fill as per your knowledge. Medical? Child Tax benifit? etc???

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

Can I send back the part of the funds that i showed as pof in my bank account after i land in canada back to my spouse...kindly reply...
Dear Qorax,

awaiting your reply on this one...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bhaveshenee said:
Dear Experienced friends,
1. Form B4: One for the entire family. Yes, u have to fill, if there r goods accompanying & Goods to Follow.
2. PR Card form: Not required. The BSO at the airport will do the needful for entire family.
3. SIN Card form: Next day, at Service Canada office. Only for u & spouse. Kids, N/A.
4. OHIP (Med Card): N/A till 3 months from landing. No action now.
5. CTB: U'll be informed along with the PR cards. N/A now.

*Don't forget to take the Jewellry pics, if u r getting them.

Good luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Boljet said:
Qorax,
Thanks for being there.
I want to know if one lands and after collecting the PR card and Sin card do one need to register for health insurance or is one entitled automatically after three months. What about those that land and travel back immediately, will they be entitled to health insurance even if they are not in canada.

Boljet
1. OHIP Cards: Applicable only after 3 months of landing.
2. If u r not residing in Canada, it's not applicable to u. U have to show your Rent Contract.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

I have one more query on pof i have 50% of pof in cash liquid/ bank bal. Rest 50% is in the form of fds.. now when i spoke to my consultants today they said that you need to show entire pof @ 17k can dollars in traveller chqs or drafts in can $.

My query will i be able to carry 50% of pof as tc/draft and rest in the form of fds denominated in inr lying with indian nationalized banks.

Pl help again...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

I have one more query on pof i have 50% of pof in cash liquid/ bank bal. Rest 50% is in the form of fds.. now when i spoke to my consultants today they said that you need to show entire pof @ 17k can dollars in traveller chqs or drafts in can $.

My query will i be able to carry 50% of pof as tc/draft and rest in the form of fds denominated in inr lying with indian nationalized banks.

Pl help again...
There r many variants going around here reg. Bank Statements, Savings, Chequeing, Term Deposits etc. I'm not from India, so my know on INR might be flawed. But Rocky has confirmed from CHC-ND that the statement works.

However, my personal take on it is that, International Banks statements might still be Ok, but other banks r a no, no. They don't accept that. Your consultant might be right, just this one time.

My Personal Experience:
I brought in enough Cash (more than the CIC guideline), plus Drafts & an International Bank Statement. They 'declined' to accept the bank statement & the BSO categorically said that they r not interested in that. While logging all the funds into CRS site & giving me a Blue Receipt. I had more funds so, there wasn't a problem. But for ppl who have the constraints, it might give them the jitters.

Regards,
Qorax

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Regarding jewelery if my wife is wearing it at the time of landing so still need to give the pictures of that as well with approx price. We also not planning to bring jewelery from our home country.. so the only jewelery with us will be the one my wife wearing.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Qorax

I have one query .. if i take TCDC card and top up with CAD 2000 and have cashier cheque of USD 15,000 (from US bank).. do they accept this as POF of (~17K)..

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Dear Captain,
Thanks a lot for the copy of Immunization card!!
I had planned to move to Toronto in September with my family.

My company in India looking for few options for me so that I can still work with the company, as part of which I would be visiting Calgary for 2-3 days to meet the client its WEST JET airlines.

Now, I believe I will be going to Toronto then taking next flight to Calgary from there!!

Need your help!!

As I would be landing in Toronto airport I need to go for POE there,
1. shall I disclose my onward journey to Calgary to the POE officer during my landing process or just give my relative's address of Toronto and say I will be staying in Toronto and does that make them to send PR to my relative's house and can he send it back to India by FedEx/etc?

2. Since this is a short visit I wont be carrying anything, does that mean I start listing everything as goods to be followed and list them (or does that mean I need to pay duty when I actually come with family)?

3. Most important!! Do I need to Bring Proof of Funds for Whole family of 4(around 20K) or Only for 1 person as I am only coming here just show POF for me i.e around 10K

Please suggest!!

Thanks,
Nadeem