+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
qorax said:
Hi JH,

I've no clue on the issuance of the same from India. However, in Dubai we get it from the RTA, costs AED60 and it's provided in 5 minutes of requesting, over the counter.

It's an Explanation of our Driving License, it's tenure, expiration date, class of driving & most importantly -A No Violation Report. It has our photo as well, which is counter stamped.

In Canada, I just showed it to them, they took a photocopy, returned the original, I said I do not require, they were happy, & I was let to take the Written & the Road Test within a week. As simple as that.

Qorax
Thanx dear. I think in India i'll get it from District Transport office or should i get it from Regional Transport office!!! Any 1 has got it from India? plz share ur experience.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Thanx a ton for your views its really motivating well i have put in my papers in my indian bank and will be relieved by 1st week of july. hv booked tkts for edmonton on 10sept 10. during the intervening time will do a lot of research on net to find jobs and guidance.

Also are there any placements agencies that place people from india to canada if so can you pl guide.

Also your selfless service on this forum is highly appreciated.

HARE KRISHNA.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

Thanx a ton for your views its really motivating well i have put in my papers in my indian bank and will be relieved by 1st week of july. hv booked tkts for edmonton on 10sept 10. during the intervening time will do a lot of research on net to find jobs and guidance.

Also are there any placements agencies that place people from india to canada if so can you pl guide.

Also your selfless service on this forum is highly appreciated.

HARE KRISHNA.
There r plenty of placement agencies in Canada. That part "ppl form India to Canada" is not understood. However, they do usual placements. One is utilized by many & is deemed to be quite good, check the link below:
http://www.adecco.ca/en/pages/default.aspx

Qorax

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
qorax said:
There r plenty of placement agencies in Canada. That part "ppl form India to Canada" is not understood. However, they do usual placements. One is utilized by many & is deemed to be quite good, check the link below:
http://www.adecco.ca/en/pages/default.aspx

Qorax
There are very few placements happening from india to canada except for IT and very selected other profiles. Mainly due to edu qualif and many other issues... so to find such consultants in india is a bit rare hence needed the list of consultants located in india and doing placement services in canada.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@ Qorax

Hi.....Would u plz let me know about some good insurance provider companies of Canada. I wish to get health insurance just after landing, once u told that their are few companies who do it in 150CAD for 3 months! Kindly share some info and suggest some Cheap and Best one for fresh immigrants.

How to carry photos of Jewelery? Just as such or will have to paste them on A4 sheets?

CROSS-BORDER CURRENCY OR MONETARY INSTRUMENTS REPORT — INDIVIDUAL- I suppose I get the same in the plane! should It be better to fill it even before- means right now?

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Doglover said:
@ Qorax

Hi.....Would u plz let me know about some good insurance provider companies of Canada. I wish to get health insurance just after landing, once u told that their are few companies who do it in 150CAD for 3 months! Kindly share some info and suggest some Cheap and Best one for fresh immigrants.

How to carry photos of Jewelery? Just as such or will have to paste them on A4 sheets?

CROSS-BORDER CURRENCY OR MONETARY INSTRUMENTS REPORT — INDIVIDUAL- I suppose I get the same in the plane! should It be better to fill it even before- means right now?

Regards
Hi,

A. Temp. Health Insurance:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39920.0.html

B. Jewellry Pics:
Discussed in the Original Post. Group all similar jewellries together... Place them on a table... Click it's pics, group by group... Print them in an A4 sheet (each group)... Attach them to the B4.

C. Funds Declaration:
In flight u'll get the CBSA Disembarkation Card. That has a field to declare your currencies... All variants. As u'll always have more than $10K, for initial landing... Fill the complete funds, till the last Penny.

As u proceed to the 1st counter (manned by a BSO), s/he'd like to see that card & your pps. Mention there that u r here for 'landing'. S/he'll highlight 2 things, the POF & the B4. And direct u to the Immigration Section for Newcomers. Take on from there... Details again in the Original Post.

Qorax

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@Qorax

many thanks dear.

Regarding photographs , I have got printed all the jewellery's pics(as suggested by u like rings in one photo, ear rings in another photo and so on) from photo lab, but in original 6*4 specification, and not on A4 sheets.

Would they accept all as lose photographs( i will details the particulars on the backside of each pic-like cost and items), or shall I have to paste those pics on A4 size plain sheet- and then details the things on those papers(below the pasted pic)

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Doglover said:
@ Qorax

many thanks dear.

Regarding photographs , I have got printed all the jewellery's pics(as suggested by u like rings in one photo, ear rings in another photo and so on) from photo lab, but in original 6*4 specification, and not on A4 sheets.

Would they accept all as lose photographs( i will details the particulars on the backside of each pic-like cost and items), or shall I have to paste those pics on A4 size plain sheet- and then details the things on those papers(below the pasted pic)

Regards
Hi DL,

Any mode is fine. But, plz note that they need to Stamp the sheets or pics, individually. In fact u need that, 'coz u'll have to show the stamped ones while bringing them in.

I guess, the reverse of each will suffice for stamping... But the problem is 2 folds (might be), One the glossy finish could get in the way for holding the Ink pad Stamp (for long)... Two it'll be many to stamp, right?

Nonetheless, technically u r good to go with that.

Qorax

SJ2009

May 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28/08/2010
Dear Qorax,

Regarding Canada Child Tax Benefit, where we have to apply and what is the procedure? And also only residing immigrants will get benefit? I am planning leave Canada after my landing.

Thanks & Regards,
SJ2009

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SJ2009 said:
Dear Qorax,

Regarding Canada Child Tax Benefit, where we have to apply and what is the procedure? And also only residing immigrants will get benefit? I am planning leave Canada after my landing.

Thanks & Regards,
SJ2009
If u don't 'stay' in Canada how can u expect the Govt. of Canada to provide u any benefits?

Qorax

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
qorax said:
Baggage Carts [Trolleys] at Toronto Airport [YYZ]

U all are aware [probably have been reading in all the landing threads] that we need to have small change for getting the Baggage Carts at the Airport. Or can call for a Porter/Handler.

Baggage carts cost $2 each [coins], of which $0.25 is refunded when carts are returned to a dispenser. U have got Two [2] ways to obtain that 'loose change':

1. An *ICE kiosk is conveniently located, just aside the baggage carousel -available to provide currency exchange [including coins] but albeit @ lower exchange rates.

2. A Smarte Carte Ambassador 'vending machine' dispenses small change in the baggage claim area. Look @ the photo here: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/421028

Qorax

*ICE: International Currency Exchanger
Hi,

I have got mt money exchanged. But i have a problem. There are all $100 bills. At the airport when i land i might need some coins or smaller notes. The machine that is mentioned above i think exchanges money, but i already have dollars. How can i give a 100$ bill and get smaller ones.

I might also have to make a phone call once i arrive at the exit gate to call my friend in case he does not find me, are there phone booths at the airport exit gate, i will be landing at Pearson's Int'l. As told above i would need a $2 coin for the cart what other change should i get that i might need, like for making a phone call??

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Dear Qorax,

Can I send back the part of the funds that i showed as pof in my bank account after i land in canada back to my spouse...kindly reply...