+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
my immig consultant only gave me a copy of permanent residency card requisition form think its IMM5292 i am confused about record of landing form as per the ecas status there is a form of record of landing... will this form be available to me after i land at port of entry... kindly reply the query seems pretty ODD but i am a bit tensed up... PL HELP..my consultant has given me only one form...PL NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT LANDED
Hi

QORAX answered it correctly and I agree with him.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz help seniors...

I am from india and have to carry POF for 3 ...

my query is can i show the cashier cheque of USD issued from US bank in my name ... or can i show cashier cheque in CAD issued from US Bank ?? ... is it valid to show this as POF??

Plz help ... any immidiate response is appreciated.. thanks..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rupesh said:
Plz help seniors...

I am from india and have to carry POF for 3 ...

my query is can i show the cashier cheque of USD issued from US bank in my name ... or can i show cashier cheque in CAD issued from US Bank ?? ... is it valid to show this as POF??

Plz help ... any immidiate response is appreciated.. thanks..
Anything with US$, £, € is acceptable as a POF.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@qoarx

my conceren is that is there any chance of query like this that you are from india and how u got this cheque in US$ from US Bank...?? or will there be any problem at landing because of POF in US$ (issued from US) and i am carrying from india??? if everything is fine then can i ask my relative to send it to me... plz help...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rupesh said:
@ qoarx

my conceren is that is there any chance of query like this that you are from india and how u got this cheque in US$ from US Bank...?? or will there be any problem at landing because of POF in US$ (issued from US) and i am carrying from india??? if everything is fine then can i ask my relative to send it to me... plz help...
I knew what u meant when u asked the query before. But rest assured, the answer remains the same. They don't care, unless either of the 2:
A. The Funds r enormous, requiring proof of source. [Anything above $40-50K might qualify for that]
B. They have a premonition of any hanky-panky. [Very unlikely situation]

Qorax

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
qorax said:
The stamped & signed COPR is your Record of Landing. U'll need that everywhere, until u get your PRCs. Staple it on the back page of your Pps, for pete's sake... Some BSOs do that, while some don't, mine wasn't done... & I nearly lost it. Thus, took an hr+ searching it while going for the G1 test.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

I am still a bit confused on this matter i have received only one form from my consultants and stamped pp for the entire family. Are there any further forms required at landing point. Pl guide sorry i am raising this query as i am not clear about it.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Qorax,

I am still a bit confused on this matter i have received only one form from my consultants and stamped pp for the entire family. Are there any further forms required at landing point. Pl guide sorry i am raising this query as i am not clear about it.
Plz go back to the previous page here, where I replied to u in detail to the same question.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeevindia said:
Hi Rocky

How is your job hunting going on? As you are in Toronto, can you shed some light on monthly expenditure for a family of three? I will be landing in sep or oct with my wife and 4 year old son. It's better if we can assess our exps beforehand.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Buddy,

Job hunt is going slow as I am also busy studying for CFA exams side by side but also meeting people for jobs and how should I go about them. Monthly expenditure depends but this is my calculation for a family of 3 in Toronto and GTA.

Toronto
- Room 2-3 Bed Room Rent $ 1000-1500
- Basement $ 500-1000
- Electricity may be included it depends upon the landlord.
- Grocery & Food $ 3-400 per month
- Mobile - $ 20 - 60 per person.
- TV subscription BELL/ROGERS service - $50 - 100

In total $ 1000-2000 for a family of 3 in Toronto and GTA.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
HELLO SENIORS...NEED UR ADVISE...

I'll be landing in d month of august.I'll be carrying around $10,000 in form of cash and TC.Do i need to carry all d cash in liquid form or bank FD's and statements will do for the rest of d amount??? Do they check our funds when v land???

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Hi Buddy,

Job hunt is going slow as I am also busy studying for CFA exams side by side but also meeting people for jobs and how should I go about them. Monthly expenditure depends but this is my calculation for a family of 3 in Toronto and GTA.

Toronto
- Room 2-3 Bed Room Rent $ 1000-1500
- Basement $ 500-1000
- Electricity may be included it depends upon the landlord.
- Grocery & Food $ 3-400 per month
- Mobile - $ 20 - 60 per person.
- TV subscription BELL/ROGERS service - $50 - 100

In total $ 1000-2000 for a family of 3 in Toronto and GTA.
Thanks a lot man. I was hoping for the same figures.

So you are preparing for CFA. That's great. When I attended CIIP seminar in Delhi my cousellor also mentioned it. Can we go for it by staying in India or we have to be physically present in Canada?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeevindia said:
Thanks a lot man. I was hoping for the same figures.

So you are preparing for CFA. That's great. When I attended CIIP seminar in Delhi my cousellor also mentioned it. Can we go for it by staying in India or we have to be physically present in Canada?
Yes you can definitely. Earlier there were some issues but now you can give the exams for it in 2-4 metros in India.