+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Greetings!

This week promises to be a week of blessings! In Jesus Name! :) There is a blessing heading our way this week!

LCW, I am sorry to hear about that, continue to be strong!

Kimore, Nae, HF, Anxious, Miracle, sheraig, rosemel, canuck, jammy, amd anybody I missed....Blessings!!

Everyone, be encouraged! GOD IS ABLE!!

Be Blessed!

MommyT

Aug 2, 2010
Thank you all for being so encouraging. I am so discouraged today. Kingston says that even though we had a tracking number that said our application was delivered and it was signed for - they never recieved it. :'( We tried and tried to get them to verify that it was there... they didnt answer email or fax. So I guess we just wasted 3 months? I am so disappointed.
Mommy T

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
night room

god is good

@lcw
i am sorry .i feel your pain honestly.
its going to be hard for me to even try to have a baby
hold your head up.everything is for a reason.
when its your time you will be blessed again .dont fret

@misbaby @nae-nae @jam and all others
thanks for your words of happiness and encouragement. wouldnt it be nice if hubby got a passport call while i`m there!!!

cerase ohhhhh lawwwdd .i cant even take the smell of it

where can i find out if they even recieved his documents . i have gotten response for everything else i have done so far

come on kg bring our significant others hometo us so we can finish what we have all started.a new life together

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey all... i've been around, just busy and not at the computer much... i skim posts when i'm feeding the little one, but never get a chance to respond... sorry!!!

first LCW... so sorry to hear... gods way is always best no matter how hard it is to understand at the time... have faith and try to enjoy the rest of the summer... i'm sure winter will keep you and hubby busy enough ;)

hi and welcome to the new members...

mommyT, did you mail your file directly to Kingston? maybe the problem lies there? the sponsor package is to go to Mississauga and they are the ones that handle sending it to Kingston... check with the CIC 1-800 number (not sure if it will work from down there, but maybe there's a direct dial line) and see if Kingston forwarded it on (which they should have done but you never know if/when they will...) hopefully it was not for nothing... did you pay any of the fees? send originals? hopefully they'll be able to find your package and get it where it needs to go...

argh.. i have more personals but my munchkin has decided that the power button on the laptop is his new best friend and he's trying to give it love right now... better go before he shuts it down or eletrocutes himself.. only so many times i can move it before he beats me to it!!!

hope everyone is well... and that kingston lights a fire under it!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!

chelley - nice to hear from you, I hope all is well with you and the family.

mommyT - wow, I can't believe they don't have it. You need to get the name and signature of the person who took receipt of it and start from there.

I've thought about that very thing...even though my applications were sent to Mississauga then forwarded to Kingston by them, is there a possibility of it getting lost or KG not receiving it? Hubby checked the post office yesterday and still no AOR letter and ecas is showing the status in KG as not available. I know I know....some people don't receive the AOR letter but even ecas is not showing anything yet. If we haven't received anything by Aug 30 I'm going to contact them.

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
i m off to see my hubby

kepp the blessings going

once again is there anyway to contact them before i go or when i reach .please let me know a week finishes fast

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
LCW I'm sorry for your loss. I am glad that you are okay, healthwise, your heart will catch up with time. God, timing is perfect and His judgement is perfect. "Hope thou in God."

As VW says, He is able. He is able to bring you through and He is able to comfort you and your husband and your girls. :)

Chelley, good to see you, my dear. :D

Everyone (forum fam) be blessed & Stay blessed!

The joy of the Lord is your strength! ;D

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
LCW, sorry about your losses this past week or so. you are a very strong person so keep the faith. Enjoy the summer with the family.

Miracle_44

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A wonderful and bless good morning to all!

Let’s continue to encourage each other, and even if we don’t hear any updates from KG this week or even the next one, all it means is that the end draw nigh! And remember, it’s always a blessing and good news to know that us and our loved ones are still ALIVE, in GOOD HEALTH and SAFE!

LCW: My sincere sympathy to you and your family, especially the children left behind without a father. It’s my prayer that God will strengthen and comfort you guys during this difficult time! Also sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I’m sure it’s a difficult time for you and you continue to encourage others. You have a sweet spirit, unselfish and a thoughtful heart, therefore your blessings will be doubled/tripled!!!

MISSINGbaby: Happy belated Anniversary and it’s my prayer that this WILL BE the last one you guys will have to spend apart or travel to see each other in order to celebrate! I hope all goes well and you get to bring your husband back with you or soon thereafter!

H.F.: I concur, what true and timely words of encouragement. We must continue to cover marriages in prayers because the enemy is out there to breakup happy homes! I trust that all is well with you and yours darling!

KMC: Do enjoy and be safe and keep healthy! Hope that all goes well and you guys get some good news while you’re there!

Chelley(nice to hear from you, hope that all is well with you and the family), Nae, Virtuous, Jam, glo, Kimore, canuck, sheraig, mommyt, rosemel, and to everyone else not mentioned by name, you’re remembered and in my thoughts and prayers! Much blessings and continue to be encouraged!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kmc - have a great time visiting hubby!!!

miracle - thanks for remembering us in your prayers! it is greatly appreciated!!! you too have an unselfish and thoughtful heart

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie, but I feel like I know all of you because I've been reading secretly all of your updates for months, trying to get an idea of the process. It's really helped me feel better about my situation. I hope that someone is able to guide me through this process, because honestly it's a bit overwhelming right now. I just got back from JA on Sunday after getting married on Wednesday. Yay! Finally...!

I have a few questions for anyone who feels like answering... please please please....

1) On my sponsor application theres a questions about if you want the application to be processed in canada or in Jamaica.... what is the defference... is there a benefit to choosing one or the other?

2) the medical should be done prior to submitting the application .. right?

3) is there anything i should do or that my hubby can do to make the application stronger? any tips? any experinced people have had that they would like to share?

Thanks so much and I'm sure i'll get to know everyone quickly.... and this wont be the last that you hear from me... ;)

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Welcome Sanchester, you have come to the right place, some very knowlegdable people here to guide you through. Congrats on your wedding
We need a little more info to advise you better. Is your husband here in Canada with you, if so, you apply in Vegerville. If you are applying outland, your application for sponsorship goes to CIC in Missassagau (spelling) for processing. Takes anywhere from 3-6weeks. You may or may not recieve an AOR, Acknowledgement of Receipt. Once approved your file is transferred to Kingston Visa office, some get through in 4 months, others 2 years so there is no set time frame.
Medical expire after 1 year so do Police Check and medical just prior to submitting
Save all correspondence, photos, phone bills, joint accts/leases, flights, proof on ongoing relationship

Good luck

Sanchester

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2010
Doc's Request.
No Request
AOR Received.
19-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-10
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi, thanks for replying..

Ok my situation... My husband is in Trelawny. We have saved everything, over the past year and a half, so I'm not worried about any proof of relationship.

So In my sponsorship application i should check off that I want my application processed here and not over in kingston?

On his application that he fills out, it asks the same question... he wants his processed in kingston or back here in canada... ?

Sorry im just a alittle confused..

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Everyone

LCW: Sorry again for your loss. Stay strong :-*

Sanchester: Welcome and Congrats on the Marriage. Since your hubby is out of Canada you should check outland.

The application process involves two parts:

1. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor them.
2. Your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children must also apply for permanent residence.

If you sponsor your spouse or partner, and your dependent children as a group, all of their applications for permanent residence must be filled out at the same time to be mailed together.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time. There are two steps to process the application forms:

1. The sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada), or the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).
2. If you are approved as a sponsor, the permanent residence application is sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office.

If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec immigration sponsorship requirements.

KMC: Enjoy your time with hubby!! Like we said before just wait not much more you can do. Just relax you soon finish.

MommyT: Unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened with KG. Do you have a copy of the entire file? Maybe you could try getting a copy to them.

Enjoy your day everyone.

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Miracle!! We are truly blessed my dear. "Every morning when I wake up till I lay my head to rest, I AM BLESSED, I AM BLESSED, I AM BLESSED!" God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. :)

I pray that you and the hubby are blessed also in your coming in and in your going out.

VW - God bless you richly. Your words are words of encouragement.

MommyT - Continue to stay strong my dear. "We pray & God delivers. Right on time."

Sanchester - Welcome, my dear be blessed. ;D You will find a wealth of information and knowledge, encouragement and support (AND PURE JOKES!). I'm sure you have seen some of the timelines and things to expect and things that are unexpected. Where are you in Canada?

KMC - Safe travels! Blessings!