Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Can you give me a link to the option C paper? Are you in Kingston...we are in St Anne?

The notorized letter from the mother is no problem. She's agreed. She currently has no home..and is living between people and has little job option going on for her, hence us taking her.

The police report we got a few weeks ago and we are filing the beginning of Oct when the little ones passport gets here and an updated birth certificate with both parents names.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Yup I am in portmore, st catherine.

"From the CIC guidelines the Option C Printout is "the equivalent of the last notice of assessment you would have received in respect of the most recent taxation year and will serve as a basis for the calculation of your income. This printout is issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA, formerly CCRA) and you can obtain it free of charge by calling 1 800 959-8281. Apparently it only takes a few days for them to mail this out to you but if for some reason you absolutely cannot get it I'd include as much other information as possible such as your last tax assessment etc."

Ok sounds like you are almost set.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
MommyT said:
Thanks that is helpful. I have so many questions.... After the medical is done - does it take 60 days to process it? Or are you saying that the letter requesting the medical would be issued 60 days later?
We have tried to call Kingston but with no luck. What phone number would I use to ask for our B# or to ask if the Client ID number would be sufficient? We have not even got conformation that our file is there (it was sent during the violence in Kingston and we were hoping to have more than Purolators tracking number to verify that it got there).
Thanks again,
MommyT
mommyT I believe KG just puts your file on hold and will diary it for 60 days to look at it again...this is called a bring forward date (BF). If you don't have the necessary documentation, they will send you a letter requesting what is outstanding and will set your BF date for 60 days. So this will delay your file processing at least 60 days. The other veterans of the forum can give you more information on that. I believe that's the way it works, someone else can certainly correct me if I'm wrong. :D

as for contacting Kingston, here is the website for the Canadian High Commission Kingston Jamaica where the contact information is listed

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/jamaica-jamaique/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Good morning, good morning!! Blessings everyone!

Soso, it's been 7 months already?! Wow! Glad to hear that you are fairing much better in the 3rd trimester. :)

Welcome, MommyT and SmoothiesQueen you have definitely come to the right place, for the majority of your questions! : ;D

Where's Chelley? Chelley weh yuh deh? :D

It's a rainy Tuesday in O-town. Showers of blessings, I pray.

KG it's time to send some wives & some husbands home and let the reunions begin! Amen & amen!

Be blessed & Stay blessed! ;)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
SmoothiesQueen - I had to send in a letter from my employer which confirmed my employment. They had to put my position, the date I started, and my salary. This is what the guide says to submit along with the Option C. Since you are self employed and have job offers, I don't know what you will have to do.

I found this in the guide...I hope this helps

Canadian citizens not residing in Canada may sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own. Canadians travelling abroad as tourists are not considered to be residing outside Canada.
Sponsors not residing in Canada must provide evidence that they reside exclusively outside Canada on the date of giving the undertaking and will reside in Canada at the time their sponsored spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner and/or children become permanent residents of Canada. Evidence that they will reside in Canada may include one or more of the following:
·letter from an employer;
·letter of acceptance to a Canadian educational institution;
·proof of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada;
·reasonable plans for re-establishing in Canada or severing ties to the other country.
•you sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored and, if applicable, his or her family members;
•you and the person being sponsored sign an agreement that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities;
If you reside in Quebec, see Step 2 of How to apply to sponsor for additional information on forms to complete.
•you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government.
You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner). If you reside in Quebec, see also Sponsors living in Quebec.
This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only
·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no children of their own, or
·your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

you can also check the document check list for more information on the employment letter etc to be submitted here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF

there is also a document checklist in the Country specific guide found here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning HF! it looks like it's going to rain over here in Mississauga too!

yeah, chelley where are you? you are also a well of information lol you helped me tons now I'm just trying to pay it forward lol I hope I don't screw it up !!

hey jammy! the countdown to visit hubby is on for me too....my cousins are going to JA on Oct 23 and want me to go. I have been debating since I have no idea what KG is doing and when they will make any kind of decision. I thought I'd book last minute but now I'm thinking I might as well just book it. What are the chances of KG approving his PRV in Aug or Sept? If they do approve in Sept or Oct, then he will just come back with me. If not, then I will get another visit in.

I really hope you are approved before December girl!

Well another week has started! Only 3 working days for KG this week....I hope something good happens in those 3 days!!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good morning family, I trust everyone had a great weekend. Welcome to the new members of our group. A little humour to start the new month.

A little boy went up to his father and asked: "Dad, where did all of my intelligence come from?" The father replied. "Well son, you must have got it from your mother, cause I still have mine"

An old man goes to the Wizard to ask him if he can remove a curse he has been living with for the last 40 years. The Wizard says, "Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you. The old man says without hesitation, "I now pronounce you man and wife."

MommyT

Aug 2, 2010
Thank you nae nae! It is so hard to find anyone with answers. Thanks!

Our agency told us we would have to wait for the medical... and that the Dr. would send it in not give it to us to hand in.... I would love to get it done now because all the adoption paperwork is done - all we need is that medical. I have no luck getting anyone in Kingston to ask about a B number or if Client ID would work... I really dont want it to get lost...
How did it work for everyone? Did the Dr. send it in with the Client ID and Kit numbers?

I hope this a great week for everyone
MommyT

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
mommyT - you're welcome! I was in your shoes once and asked tons of questions. I was so glad to find this forum to help me out.

My hubby's medical was done before we sent the application in so there was no client ID or B#. The only thing they give you to submit with your application is the form signed by the doctor from the Guide which you have to bring with you. They don't give you results. Immigration will get the results later.

the others that submitted their medicals or had medical re-do's will have to help out in answering your question about how to send it in

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Hey Everybody.

ITS AUGUST!!! Where the hell did July go ;D But I am glad cant wait till summer is done so KG can start moving again.

NAE: Yes Man I am so looking forward to Calgary in December.....cant wait for that -50 degree weather ??? lol. To tell the truth I aint stressing about it too much any more. Just a matter of time.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. Welcome to the new family members you have come to the right place. Lots of good advice and great knowledge.
Well hubby and I are on the count down for the 60 days to end and then BAM I am emailing like crazy. We have 11 days left I will be nice and give them till the monday and then I am on them. Going to also get the MP again to email if no reply.
Other then that no nothing here ecas still says the same "in processing" I so believe our IO is sleeping. :(.

But I try to keep a bright outlook cause soon he will be back. One day gone another day closer. :D :D

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Good Afternoon
VW, HF, Angella, Kimore, Sheraig, Iambless, Kmc, Miracle,Glo, NN, SOSO, Maple, Canuck,confuse, LCW, Rose, JamW, MommyT and smoothies welcome to the forum. and anyone else i forgot......
Congrats to our preggy members LCW( i had a feeling u were preggy a few weeks ago when u were sick u thought u had the flu!!) soso 7 months already time flies by so quick are you getting scared for the labour??.
its been a while since i have been on been busy at work no vaca working pretty much 3 weekends in a row. I sent my boy off to overnight camp today what im i gonna do with myself for 4 days???well im home today just sitting by the phone waiting for my hubby to call me and tell me that kg called for him to pu his pp i cant handle the stress of waiting.....
will update u all when the call comes in

Have a great day everyone!!
Kenswife

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME

Sheraig(Skilled Class) Nov 07 Doc requested and Submitted
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 HUBBY LANDED 23 Months
Missingmybaby Oct 08 MED REDO AND ARC FEE REQUESTED
Sassy Nov 08 Hubby Landed 18 Months
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

whydotheykeep Hubby Landed 13 Months
Peni Feb 09 Wife and Child Landed 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Hubby Landed 16 Months
Longdistance Feb 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Contacted MP
Missinghubby April 09 Hubby Landed 13 Months
Stressed May 09 Hubby Landed 12 Months
soanxiouswifey May 09 RPRF Submitted and received
Confusedandscared June 09 Interview Date set(dealing with ARC)
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Interview date set-Sept 13
Homesoon(ARC) July 09 Hubby Landed 9 Months
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Hubby Landed 4 Months
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Ash Oct 09 AOR received(Conjugal spn)
Siron Oct 09 LANDED 9 MONTHS
Anxiouslyawait Nov 09 HUBBY LANDED
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 HUBBY LANDED 5 Months
Angella Jan 10 MED REDO REQUEST
Miracle44 FEB 10 LANDED 3 MONTHS
Canuck Feb 10 AOR received
KMC MAR 10 RPRF submitted
Virtuous MAR 10 Doc Request
KensWife MAR 10 PP REQUEST 4 MONTHS
MommyT MAY 10 sponsorship approved
NaeNae MAY 10 Sponsorship approved
Iambless June 10 Sponsorship approved
LCW waiting to send app off(dependents spn)
Smoothie waiting to send app off

IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

MommyT

Aug 2, 2010
Our file arrived in Kingston at the end of May. We have not recieved an AOR and the CIC site still says "Not Available". Is it normal to not see either after 10 weeks?

Anybody have more insight on the medical? Should we just get our rep to take our son in for his medical and get the Dr. to just put the Client and Kit ID numbers on it - or do we wait for Immigration to contact us?

Thanks everyone
MommyT

SmoothiesQueen

Jun 18, 2010
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
nae-nae this is the part that confuses me. Bear with my slowness:

•you have an income that is at least equal to the minimum necessary income, the amount of which is published yearly by the Canadian government.
You will have to provide us with documents that show your financial resources for the past 12 months and prove you are financially able to sponsor members of the family class. You may solicit the help of a co-signer (must be your spouse or common-law partner). If you reside in Quebec, see also Sponsors living in Quebec.
This condition does not apply if you are sponsoring only
·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no dependent children, or
·your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose dependent children have no children of their own, or
·your dependent child who has no children of his or her own.

We don't have even close to that income...and we do have a dependent child. So this means as long as our three year old has no babies lol...the financial condition doesn't apply to my husband and myself. We can just give the employment confirmation and our rental agreement? We already have a place to rent and jobs. So we are covered there.

I am actually feeling ok about this today. This thread is awesome..and seeing the different times from 3 months to like twenty....I'm just going to accept it's going to take time!!! And hope we are the three months LOL LOL LOL!!!! Doubtful but you never know!