Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Thanks Jamwife :-*

Jamwife said:
Hey Jamfam,

This place was quiet last week and now its just blowing up... anyway:

Sammy... glad to have you and baby back safe, i know its always sad to leave , but u r next girl, the call is coming soon

Lovindahubby... glad to have you back too, its been a while

Sh... relax and take a breath, the ride is bumping but it will be over one day... enjoy your trip

Calgary... i understand ur pain, its hard living apart, but everything happens in due time

And finally big congrats to Kadi and Canjam... finally the process is complete cant wait to hear the landing stories

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Sh and Sh said:
NINIRAE! We should meet up in JA! Where will you be staying? What area of the island?

CANJAM- We were going to wait until we got our PPR- but who knows when that will be???
For our sanity and to keep us from arguing we need to see each other.

Sh&Sh&babySh
I am going to be in the MoBay/Rosehall area, what about you?

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Thanks for the congrats everyone :D

@ Kadi ... We must be forum 'twins' :p, we stared together ( Jan 2013) and ended together. ( Friday June 13th) we made it through ;) :D ;D 8) :-*

For those of you who have landed, I would appreciate any info, tips, 'how to's' on coming to Canada. ( Jamaican airport, Canadian Airport, immigration, forms, etc.) ???

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Kadi27 said:
Welcome back Sammy, wow thats sad! Though I am still happy hubby got to see his baby girl and your family was together.

Speak it into being that that the next ticket will be his, and I pray that is so very soon.

You continue to help us all Sammy so I know your time is near for PPR. Keep the faith
Thanks Kadi....I hope it comes soon.

MelJam

Mar 17, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-13
AOR Received.
04-01-14
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
23-09-13
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-14
LANDED..........
23-12-14
Sh and Sh said:
HELLO JAM FAM!!

I decided after having a terrible and frustrating week.... and having it out with the assistant at the MP office here, I decided that instead of becoming bitter and jaded and "miserable" ... I decided to book a 2 1/2 wk trip for my self and my baby love to go to see daddy in JAM ROCK!

Is anyone else going to be in JA during July 6-21?

This will be daddy's first time meeting baby and during this trip will also be celebrating our 2 year anniversary. <3

BREATHE - LOVE - CALM -ENERGY - PATIENCE to everyone!!!

GOOD VIBEZ!!!!

Sh & Sh & babySh
Hi !
I going to be in JA from June 28 to July 12.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth&amp; Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med &amp; PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Twins indeed :-* :p

CanJam said:
Thanks for the congrats everyone :D

@ Kadi ... We must be forum 'twins' :p, we stared together ( Jan 2013) and ended together. ( Friday June 13th) we made it through ;) :D ;D 8) :-*

For those of you who have landed, I would appreciate any info, tips, 'how to's' on coming to Canada. ( Jamaican airport, Canadian Airport, immigration, forms, etc.) ???

Sh and Sh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Sept 23/ 2014
File Transfer...
14-08-2013 (AUG 30/13) - Recieved in KGN
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
24-12-2014
Thanks for the support jam fam!! Xoxo

Mel jam and ninirae what area of the island will you be at during that time?
If you want to meet up for a red stripe some where
We could make plans for an afternoon or evening if you guys are interested.

It's too quiet!!!! Let's blow up this forum Kingston!! Just in time for summer!!!

Sh&sh&babysh

JANAIDIAN MRS

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do &amp; request for more years info on History: March 26, 2014 (they received March 31, 2013)
File Transfer...
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
April 3, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 22, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
MAY 5, 2014
LANDED..........
MAY 28, 2014
Ahhhhhhh so much news. I'm so sorry for those who have gone on vacay and had to come home. happy for those with good news and passports back!! It will end as I am finally experiencing.

I've been MIA as I got injured working and have had to do physio stuff and go with the hubby to get him situated with a resume and figuring out getting his driver's license here and all that. I did make something to share with you guys.

I did not tell any friends exactly when he was coming and most people had NO idea he was coming at all so we could surprise them. I made a slideshow while gibbled in bed. hope you enjoy. http://1drv.ms/1lua80P

CAN JAM. where are you coming to in Canada?
Sh, Sh & baby Sh so sorry to hear your having a frustrating time. That sucks. However you get to see hubby soon so silver lining?

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
I did not tell any friends exactly when he was coming and most people had NO idea he was coming at all so we could surprise them. I made a slideshow while gibbled in bed. hope you enjoy. http://1drv.ms/1lua80P
Aww nice video.... wishing u and hubby a fullfilling and prosperous life together

PinkyM

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PC 3.8.14
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
JANAIDIAN MRS said:
Ahhhhhhh so much news. I'm so sorry for those who have gone on vacay and had to come home. happy for those with good news and passports back!! It will end as I am finally experiencing.

I've been MIA as I got injured working and have had to do physio stuff and go with the hubby to get him situated with a resume and figuring out getting his driver's license here and all that. I did make something to share with you guys.

Sh, Sh & baby Sh so sorry to hear your having a frustrating time. That sucks. However you get to see hubby soon so silver lining?
What a great idea....made me smile watching your friends reactions! Enjoy your new life together :D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
JANAIDIAN MRS said:

Loved the video!!

istheendnear

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2014
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
19-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014
Sh and Sh said:
Afternoon All-

Trying to keep my cool.....bumboclot....

I just got off the phone with the MP in my area, who essentially has done nothing to help us out- I called her back in Feb 2014- she said "immigration isn't an overnight process you know.." I told her I understand that but it was 10 months total time since our application had been started. She said it takes 25 months and to call her after that. I called her again today and she said that she spoke with KGN inquiring about our case, and that nothing has even been started. WTF!!

I said I am on an online forum where the TOTAL time for the immigration process average for most people is 12-14 months- she proceeded to tell me that this is "IMPOSSIBLE" and that this website/ forum must be made up of fake people or could be anybody on the internet posing as people who are getting through in that amount of time!!!!

Lord God help me... I give up....

*sigh*

Sh&Sh&babysh
Not sure exactly where your location is, but those words sound almost exact as what we heard from our MP!!!
Sorry you feel like giving up, we do most times too, but everything happens in its own time. keep faith! <3

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
Overview of dates:

February 20/13: Application sent in
March 22/13: Sponsorship Approval
February 14/14: In Process
March 16/14: Passport Request
April 25/14: Passport with Visa Returned
June 6/14: Landed in Toronto
June 7/14: Arrived in Vancouver

Landing Story:

I arrived in Jamaica on May 29 and we had a wonderful week before we had to head home. We visited family, took care of a few last minute things and had time to relax!
We flew from Montego Bay and check-in, customs and security went very smooth. Hubby loved the escalator after we went through security and was amazed with all of the shops and restaurants.
Once on the flight, hubby loved the livemap and seeing where we were. He asked lots of questions about flying and the flight went very fast with all of his questions!
We landed in Toronto and once we went through customs, I was able to go with him to Immigration. There were only a few agents working and several people in front of us so we had to wait about 30 min. The agent only asked a couple of questions and had him sign and initial the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR). The agent informed him that we could apply for his SIN but decided to wait until we were home. There is an information area for new immigrants and hubby picked up some brochures and information. We had documented all of his belongings with the approximate value and the cash he had with him but he was not required to provide that information. We picked up our luggage, walked outside and hubby turned to me and said “it is an amazing feeling when all your dreams come true’.
We had a 7am flight to Vancouver the next day. He was shocked that the flight to Vancouver was longer than the flight from Jamaica to Toronto and started to realize how big Canada is.
Hubby loves Canada and thinks it is so beautiful! He asks lots of questions and it is fun to see his reactions to life here! He also can’t believe how light it is outside at 9pm and how it can be sunny but the sun doesn’t warm him up! The temperature hasn’t been that warm the last couple days and he says it feels like someone is blowing the air-conditioning outside.
He started work yesterday and we are starting to get settled into a routine. It is amazing to wake up beside him every morning and do simple things like groceries or snuggle on the couch to watch a movie. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is real life and not all a dream!

I can’t thank you all enough for your love, support, encouragement during this process! You are all amazing and not sure how I would have been able to get through this without all of you!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
So happy he is finally home with you!!! Now to begin the next chapter in your life. Don't be a stanger and check in from time to time

Congrats hun....and thanks for all of your support on here xo

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical &amp; PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
@ JabadianMrs... Will be landing in T.O

@ GreenGurl, lovely landing story :D, I am impressed that hubby started working already ;)... And thanks for following our new 'forum tradition' of timeline, re-cap, landing story :p