Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Friday August 23rd, 2013
LANDED..........
September 5, 013
Hi everyone. I know I don't post often but does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the passport back once it's been sent in or the visa? My husband got the call yesterday. They told him he had to be out of jamaica before sept 24 otherwise his meds and police check would expire nd he'd have to redo them before being able to join me in Canada. They also told him to snd his light itinerary with his passport. He sent both his passport and itinerary to Kingston today and it reached there at 430. I booked his flight for sept 5, hoping he will have his passport back by then. I fly to jamaica sept 1 to help him pack and bring him home.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Mrs. Reckford said:
Hi everyone. I know I don't post often but does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get the passport back once it's been sent in or the visa? My husband got the call yesterday. They told him he had to be out of jamaica before sept 24 otherwise his meds and police check would expire nd he'd have to redo them before being able to join me in Canada. They also told him to snd his light itinerary with his passport. He sent both his passport and itinerary to Kingston today and it reached there at 430. I booked his flight for sept 5, hoping he will have his passport back by then. I fly to jamaica sept 1 to help him pack and bring him home.
Woo Hoo, Mrs. Reckford!!!!

Just what we needed to hear!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful news with us.

KG seems to keep passports for two weeks and longerrrrrrrr lately; however, if they say your hubby needs to leave by a certain date they have to send it back before then!!! And since you sent in the flight itinerary then they have the date he needs it back by!

Please keep us updated of your progress!!!
:D

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Mrs. Reckford said:
Congrats on the wonderful news btw did they call with an unknown number? Just curious

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Mrs. Reckford said:
YAY!!! this is great news Kingston is back to work!!! you made my day ;D Happy for you and hubby exciting

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
oneandonly said:
Yes I did in an email
OK good might push it a long fast :D

Mrs. Reckford

Oct 29, 2012
Regina saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Friday August 23rd, 2013
LANDED..........
September 5, 013
oneandonly said:
Congrats on the wonderful news btw did they call with an unknown number? Just curious
yes it was unknown number.

Mrs. Reckford

Oct 29, 2012
Regina saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 19 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Friday August 23rd, 2013
LANDED..........
September 5, 013
oneandonly said:
Thank you my husband missed 3 days of unknown numbers that's why I asked
oh wow. Make ure u tell him to answer. Keep his phone close. Could be your time too!

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Mrs. Reckford said:
oh wow. Make ure u tell him to answer. Keep his phone close. Could be your time too!
Idk if they will call back this was over a week ago. Tried getting in contact with kingston no luck. Well hoping they call again as I am in jamaica for 6 months.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Mrs. Reckford said:
woohoo congrats to you......that is awesome news you are finally done! they should get it back to you soon as long as they have that flight booked. congrats again!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Hey Ladies,
I'm been reading some of your post and your timelines don't look very hopeful, has it really been taking more then a year for more then 80% of you? I will Marry in November and was hopin to have him with me by summer I am amazed and energizing by all your strengh you all have and hope that i will be able to stay as positive as all of you.
I wish and pray for all of you to have your Husbands soon.

Is there anyone else from Quebec?
Hi Jamaican snow flake, there are gentlemen here as well ;)
I don't know if there are other sponsors that lives in the province of Quebec, but I do. My hubby is aware of the kind of weather waiting for him in winter times here when we get through that long journey and he finally gets here, he's a little scared but he told me that he has no doubts, we'll keep each other warm LOL!

I started the sponsorship process five months ago thinking that it would take eight months or so, but I found this amazing forum while searching on the net were I could find plenty of useful info, and wonderful nice and supportive people, but I unfortunately also realised that it would probably be a matter of a much longer length of time that what I had expected... If I knew, would get married and start the process way before!

The only difference being a sponsor living in the province of Quebec is that you have don't have one; but two sponsorship application to submit. First one to Ottawa as everyone else, then, when the sponsor's approval letter is received, you need to submit a second application with a photocopy of your letter sent by CIC to the MICC along with the requested forms and documents. The provincial sponsorship works in two parts like the federal one; first part for the sponsor; second part for the sponsored person (Quebec selection certificate). The only difference is that it is much quicker with the Quebec MICC (Ministry of immigration and cultural communities) application; which make sense since Quebec is responsible of the selection of workers wishing to settle on its territory and Canada immigration is responsible for health, security and to verify if the relationship is genuine and not a marriage of convenience... Therefore, it takes forever!!!!

Hope this helps, should you have any other questions, please let me know.

Good night everyone

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Mrs. Reckford said:

Congratulations!!!!!! (Can you hear the super festive music in the background LOL!) ;D
So happy for you and your Hubby. Keep us posted.

Kingston's back to work, give my KG family more calls and good news. We all need our spouse, many of us have waited more than long enough!