+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
Thanks Keke78, I clicked on the link you sent, and then clicked on the form I hope is what I needed. I tried to answer you with a link I copied just before this message, but wouldnt allow me to send anything but the link...could you check it out and confirm one way or the other if this is the form I am needing, if so, I can send it to my hubby as I already sent it to my work email. Thanks ahead of time for you patience and help, you people on here are life savers.

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
Carli said:
Thanks Keke78, I clicked on the link you sent, and then clicked on the form I hope is what I needed. I tried to answer you with a link I copied just before this message, but wouldnt allow me to send anything but the link...could you check it out and confirm one way or the other if this is the form I am needing, if so, I can send it to my hubby as I already sent it to my work email. Thanks ahead of time for you patience and help, you people on here are life savers.
Can see now that the link didnt post, not sure what am doing wrong, as I see you as well as others are able to send links as well as conversing in the same box...lord for a brain that understands pc's, lol. Guess will have to go with what I found and just pray its the correct one.

Carli

Dec 8, 2012
Hey all, when I was reading thru the latest postings, I thought for sure that one of the members said there immigration office was in Vegraville...if so pls, would you respond to me, you have been thru the process, and am hoping, as I live in Edmonton, and being as we are so close, we could exchange email add's, if you wouldnt mind, maybe you can help me thru all this craziness, hubby is starting to feel like I am having second thoughts, as am having so much trouble moving forward on this, :( , so I can get everything all together I need, to send in this application...there have been things said on here that are confusing me, whether its an inland or outland apps for one, I dont recall seeing this question on my form, or do they judge that by where you apply and where your other half lives? I know we all live busy lives but any and all help will by so so appreciated.

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
Carli said:
Hey all, when I was reading thru the latest postings, I thought for sure that one of the members said there immigration office was in Vegraville...if so pls, would you respond to me, you have been thru the process, and am hoping, as I live in Edmonton, and being as we are so close, we could exchange email add's, if you wouldnt mind, maybe you can help me thru all this craziness, hubby is starting to feel like I am having second thoughts, as am having so much trouble moving forward on this, :( , so I can get everything all together I need, to send in this application...there have been things said on here that are confusing me, whether its an inland or outland apps for one, I dont recall seeing this question on my form, or do they judge that by where you apply and where your other half lives? I know we all live busy lives but any and all help will by so so appreciated.
If you are applying inland you will send the application to Vegreville, if you are applying outland you need to send it to Mississauga.
I'm assuming your hubby lives in JA, so you will need to apply outland.

Keke78

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
File Transfer...
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
Passport Req..
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
Carli said:
Can see now that the link didnt post, not sure what am doing wrong, as I see you as well as others are able to send links as well as conversing in the same box...lord for a brain that understands pc's, lol. Guess will have to go with what I found and just pray its the correct one.
Please see link below. Your hubby will need to follow this guideline for Jamaicans (part 3 that Najj referred to in a previous post). Prior to the changes, the medical forms would have been included under appendix C (as you will notice, there is no longer an appendix C). If you look at #12 on the checklist (proof of medical examination), it mentioned that the form IMM1017 is provided and signed by the physicians.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3909e.pdf

Channy

Feb 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IN THE PROCESS OF FILING MY PAPERS DOES MY HUBBY HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DO THE MEDICAL AND POLICE CHECK OR DOES HE JUST GO?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Channy said:
IN THE PROCESS OF FILING MY PAPERS DOES MY HUBBY HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DO THE MEDICAL AND POLICE CHECK OR DOES HE JUST GO?
Yes your hubby has to make an appointment for the medical test, my hubby went to Dr Gomez at Devon House in Kingston and he was awesome. The police check he does not need an appointment for that one.

Channy

Feb 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickie72 said:
Yes your hubby has to make an appointment for the medical test, my hubby went to Dr Gomez at Devon House in Kingston and he was awesome. The police check he does not need an appointment for that one.
thank you chickie :)....also when I send in my application do I not send the medical in along with my application? Im just looking at the timeline of some people at the side and im confused where is says meds requested and meds rec'd.........and what does aor rec'd mean?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Pardon my manners ladies and gents. Happy new year to you all, I haven't been around much as I have been wallowing in my own misery over these holidays, they really sucked without my husband around and I have been miserable as all heck lol. I am back on track now. My new years resolution is just to put everything I have into God's hands and go with the flow. (and harrass Kingston as per prior posts LOL) Not backing down, I want this process over and done with and my family back home!!!!
Say it loud, say it proud MY HUBBY IS COMING HOME IN 2013!!!!!!!

Channy

Feb 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickie72 said:
Pardon my manners ladies and gents. Happy new year to you all, I haven't been around much as I have been wallowing in my own misery over these holidays, they really sucked without my husband around and I have been miserable as all heck lol. I am back on track now. My new years resolution is just to put everything I have into God's hands and go with the flow. (and harrass Kingston as per prior posts LOL) Not backing down, I want this process over and done with and my family back home!!!!

AMEN TO THAT!! MY HUSBAND IS FRUSTRATING TO THE POINT HE SAID BABE MAYBE OUT HERE IS WHERE UR MEANT TO BE HE IS SO FED UP :( FIRST CHRISTMAS IN 4 YEARS WE HAVEN'T BEEN TOGETHER VERY DEPRESSING

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Channy said:
thank you chickie :)....also when I send in my application do I not send the medical in along with my application? Im just looking at the timeline of some people at the side and im confused where is says meds requested and meds rec'd.........and what does aor rec'd mean?
yes you need to send your medical in with the application....don't read my timeline....i was stupid and didn't send mine in and they sent my entire application back to me. When your hubby goes for the medical, the dr will give him a yellow piece of paper and that is what he sends back to you to send in with the application. AOR is acknowledgement of receipt.....CIC Mississauga will send you an email or letter saying they have received your application after you sent it to them... that is your is your AOR and Kingston is supposed to send one when you app gets to them but they don't send them.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Channy said:
AMEN TO THAT!! MY HUSBAND IS FRUSTRATING TO THE POINT HE SAID BABE MAYBE OUT HERE IS WHERE UR MEANT TO BE HE IS SO FED UP :( FIRST CHRISTMAS IN 4 YEARS WE HAVEN'T BEEN TOGETHER VERY DEPRESSING
True thing, my hubby says the same....i said babes if this doesnt go thru I am moving to Jamaica nothing is going to stop me from being with him at all!

Channy

Feb 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickie72 said:
yes you need to send your medical in with the application....don't read my timeline....i was stupid and didn't send mine in and they sent my entire application back to me. When your hubby goes for the medical, the dr will give him a yellow piece of paper and that is what he sends back to you to send in with the application. AOR is acknowledgement of receipt.....CIC Mississauga will send you an email or letter saying they have received your application after you sent it to them... that is your is your AOR and Kingston is supposed to send one when you app gets to them but they don't send them.
OOOOOO OK THANK YOU THAT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE :) AND ONE MORE QUESTIONS I SEE A LINK SOMEBODY POSTED HERE DOES MY HUSSY HAVE TO PRINT THESE OUT OR ANY TYPE OF FORMS AND BRING FOR THE MEDICAL?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/index.asp

THAT IS THE LINK I SEEN....OR DOES HE JUST GO IN AND THE DOCTOR WILL ALREADY HAVE THAT

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR FORUM FAMILY!!!

2013 is going to be a great year!!!! This is the year our spouses will be arriving in Canada!!!! Woo Hoo!

chickie72 said:
I haven't been around much as I have been wallowing in my own misery over these holidays, they really sucked without my husband around and I have been miserable as all heck lol. I am back on track now. My new years resolution is just to put everything I have into God's hands and go with the flow. (and harrass Kingston as per prior posts LOL) Not backing down, I want this process over and done with and my family back home!!!!
Chickie - it's okay to have a pity party and I'm glad that you are back to your positive outlook! I sent an email to Kingston yesterday asking them if they wanted me to send them additional proof of our relationship since we applied. I also asked them if they would like us to re-do the medical and police check since they are about to expire. I'm pretty sure that I'll get the standard 'don't call us, we'll call you' email but I NEED/WANT to hear SOMETHING/ANYTHING!!!!!! I've been patiently waiting since March and I'd like to know that the application is at least in process!!!!!