WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-19-13, received Mar-20-13
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
akinna said:
to first lady welcome....I have been waiting almost as long as you i applied last April paper work sent off in June to Kingston and I never got an AOR. when my consultant emailed them...they said the reason I never received one is because they do not require anything from me...my status changed to processing application on April 5th this year I received a letter with the additiopnal documents they were requesting....they gave me 60days to take them in...I did so in a little less than 30 that was a week ago am back in the waiting line, not knowing whats gonna happen next..so once again welcome to the forum and the waiting club...where all you need is a little faith and a lot of patience. :D.
we will all get there soon.
akinna, thanks for the welcome. Hopefully we both will have some good news soon.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Mrslwsn said:
Sure. Well been with my husband 6 years, got married in Mobay on Valentines day 2010. I have 4 children from previous relationship, he has no bio kids, but raises mine as his. He tried for a visitors visa in 2009, was turned down without interview. We finally filed on November 24th/11 and I recieved an email on Jan/13th/12 saying they recieved my app (from cic missisauga) I was after that able to log in to e-cas using my details only. I believe I was approved as sponsor on Jan/25/12 and they stated in that letter the file was sent to kgn. So then I forget the exact date, early March I checked e-cas and I was able to get in under my hubby name, and it had changed to "in process". Like a week later he got a call to send his passport, our original marriage cert & his original birth cert and a prepaid envelope to send it back. The visa was issued March 31st/12. We were quite surprised at how fast we got through, so I am hoping said speed for lots of you guys just beginning this process. One thing I would recommend is making your app solid, without going overboard. I would love to know the reason why we did get crazy fast processing. My husband wasnt even ready to come, as he has his own business in Mobay, but I told him the timing for me would be good around end of April so finally he gave in and came Apr/29/12. Took him about 4 weeks to get a job, but he is now gainfully employed in his field (mechanic) So everything worked out pretty great.
MrsLwsn thank you so much for sharing your story and I agree with not going overboard with the app while at the same time providing them with enough information to substantiate the genuinity of the relationship. My answers were to the point however provided documentation/photos/receipts from our time together in JA to support their questions. My husband just opened a bar/restaurant in early spring however he's ready more than ever to be in one place so we can get on with our lives. I hope and pray there won't be too many obstacles and given that he's lived at one address his whole life and has been gainfully employed for many years will attest to his stability and character; also given these facts, there won't be too much for the IO to do. Was there anything else that you included with your app over and above what they asked that could help those that are in the process of applying? I think what may have made your situation fairly easy for them to decide quickly is because you didn't file right immediately after getting married; you were able to show a continue relationship after marriage before filing which I believe is one of their criterias. It wasn't planned that way but we also did the same; Got married August 2011 and filed March 2012. He both got sidetracked with our own careers however we wanted to make sure we didn't rush through the app and submitted it properly.

I'm happy to hear that your husband has integrated well and that you are still visiting the board to check up on us who are still going through the process. What is the best airline to book for a one way trip from Mobay to Toronto?

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
morning forum family happy sunday
omg i am obssesed ....
even though its sunday first thing i did as i woke up was check cic to see if there is any updates on my file (my every morning routine)
omg i must stop the madness..... looks like blondie, halfmoon and i are in the same waiting room ......chickie my girl we saving you a seat get dem papers togahter and come join us xoxoxoxoxox
hope everyone had a great weekend and is out enjoying the wonderful weather
before we have to head out back to work tomorow ........argghhhh .......
chicki/anada hope both of you enjoy your time away and come back refreshed and ready to face the journey ahead
life soon sort out for all of us ...keep god in the lead and he will guide us all to where we need to be

love peace and happiness family
bless up :)

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
ready_fi_move_on said:
morning forum family happy sunday
omg i am obssesed ....
even though its sunday first thing i did as i woke up was check cic to see if there is any updates on my file (my every morning routine)
omg i must stop the madness..... looks like blondie, halfmoon and i are in the same waiting room ......chickie my girl we saving you a seat get dem papers togahter and come join us xoxoxoxoxox
hope everyone had a great weekend and is out enjoying the wonderful weather
before we have to head out back to work tomorow ........argghhhh .......
chicki/anada hope both of you enjoy your time away and come back refreshed and ready to face the journey ahead
life soon sort out for all of us ...keep god in the lead and he will guide us all to where we need to be

love peace and happiness family
bless up :)

Lol ready I do the same thing.... I can log in with hubby's info but nothing has changed.. Still the same we received app mar... Meds been done looooooooong time but I guess they haven't gotten to our app yet. Next week is mines! Hopefully I get that letter in the mail too! Praying for something concrete (letter or ecad status change)

This site is very helpful but at times it can make you doubt if u sent enough or filled it out correctly and with nothing in hand that says APPROVED.... :-[ crazy I tell ya!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
blondie1216 said:
Lol ready I do the same thing.... I can log in with hubby's info but nothing has changed.. Still the same we received app mar... Meds been done looooooooong time but I guess they haven't gotten to our app yet. Next week is mines! Hopefully I get that letter in the mail too! Praying for something concrete (letter or ecad status change)

This site is very helpful but at times it can make you doubt if u sent enough or filled it out correctly and with nothing in hand that says APPROVED.... :-[ crazy I tell ya!!!!
glad to see I am not the only one who started her sunday morning but checking ecas on the off chance something was updated..... ;D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
needmywife said:
i'm new comer to this forum and i'd like to give a shout out to firstladyking. bless up to everyone else.
Welcome NMW!! would u happen to be FLK's special man in her life?

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
needmywife said:
i'm new comer to this forum and i'd like to give a shout out to firstladyking. bless up to everyone else.
Shout out forward...needmywife. I need my husband too! :D

needmywife

Jul 8, 2012
It is really difficult going through this process, it makes you wonder if the IO's really understand what we go through just to be with the one we love. It is really a trying and testing experience.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
I couldn't agree with you more NMW, but what I have found in the few days I have connected with this forum family is that we're not alone in this struggle, and these people are highly knowledgeable and supportive. We pray for each other and encourage one another and to see the successes come through almost daily gives us hope ;D

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Halfmoon said:
MrsLwsn thank you so much for sharing your story and I agree with not going overboard with the app while at the same time providing them with enough information to substantiate the genuinity of the relationship. My answers were to the point however provided documentation/photos/receipts from our time together in JA to support their questions. My husband just opened a bar/restaurant in early spring however he's ready more than ever to be in one place so we can get on with our lives. I hope and pray there won't be too many obstacles and given that he's lived at one address his whole life and has been gainfully employed for many years will attest to his stability and character; also given these facts, there won't be too much for the IO to do. Was there anything else that you included with your app over and above what they asked that could help those that are in the process of applying? I think what may have made your situation fairly easy for them to decide quickly is because you didn't file right immediately after getting married; you were able to show a continue relationship after marriage before filing which I believe is one of their criterias. It wasn't planned that way but we also did the same; Got married August 2011 and filed March 2012. He both got sidetracked with our own careers however we wanted to make sure we didn't rush through the app and submitted it properly.

I'm happy to hear that your husband has integrated well and that you are still visiting the board to check up on us who are still going through the process. What is the best airline to book for a one way trip from Mobay to Toronto?
As for airline, I would go air Canada or Westjet hands down...my hubby ended up flying out of kgn because at the time the flight was so much cheaper, but it was a crazy hassle for him, being as he is right in Mobay by airport, but he was ok. Drove thru the night, to reach airport for 8am :)...
As far as my app goes my opinion on what helped us is, us not filing right away after marriage..providing pics over the years, how we started, pics of him n my kids doing normal family stuff, showing progressive stages, the fact the my husband is stable (as with your husband same residence all his life, no criminal record, college educated (we provided his cxc and college certificates etc. Also the fact that so much of his family attended our wedding, that his grandparents came from New York to attend..I also wrote a relationship essay, about 2 pages long detailing our relationship and our future plans. My children also each wrote a note in their own words and handwriting unassisted, which I submitted. I had random pics such as me n my husband at a road party and I am bent over and he is behind me so call daggaring lol...you cant see our faces but at least di IO will know we a real couple do real things lol... Pics of my kids just draped on the man like he is their personal setee lol...random candids...We answered ever question honestly and to the point no long ting. Plus it probably helped that We spend 3 months every summer with him and I usually spend either 2 or 3 more trips a year of 3 weeks to a month...so their is a lot of time spent. I didnt even subit plane tickets, as I figure the pics speak for themselves. I did photocopy some of our wedding cards (the insides) and pages from our wedding guest book. My 2 friends and my sister in law and one of my husband friend/colleague who was a guest at our wedding all wrote lletters stating they know us to be a genuine couple and shared their knowledge of whatever surrounding that. I guess thats about it...some emails, our facebook status showing we display being married to each other.

firstladyking

Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug-04-11
AOR Received.
Mar-19-12
File Transfer...
Oct-12-11
Med's Request
Nov-09-12
Med's Done....
Nov-15-12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Feb-18-13, sent Mar-4-13
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mar-23-13
Hi MrsIwsn, believe me you are just one of the lucky ones, because what you described is exactly how we submitted our paperwork, we waited, I submitted over 200 pics of hubby, kids, me, family , friends, over 10 vacations together, itineraries, everything, 2 page letter like you as well and yet we're still waiting and we applied before you. So I think this whole thing is just the luck of the draw. There are no prescribed ways of getting through quick, I think it may have something to do with the IO who gets your app, some may be better and more diligent than others. Count your lucky stars, that your process was as quick and simple as it was, I'm happy for you.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Thank you for sharing MrsLWSN - That will be very helpful for many who are still sorting out their apps or are looking for ideas to prove their relationships. I'm glad to know that 95% percent of what you provided were what I provided (except for the plane tickets part which we did provide) :)
We each wrote a letter about 3 pages long; one for the sponsor side and one for the PR side. This outlined and told our stories from our own perspectives. Kept the answers on the app very direct and to the point. I guess key is to provide exactly what they're asking but not going over board. There's a difference between justify and dignify. Our goal was to keep our app "clean cut". We even addressed "in general" good and bad days; how we handle disagreements with end an goal of finding compromise and common ground. I believe if you paint your partner out to be totally perfect, it looks unrealistic (ladies and gents, we know that unrealistic). These are ppl who have families and spouses themselves so it's better to keep things totally real; show balance. We talked about how we've grown as a couple, our plans for near and long term future. I guess we all have different circumstances and cannot compare one app to the next; some may be speedfast and others may take much longer however our common thread is not trying to prove its genuine (why try to prove something that already is) but rather eliminate any doubt from their minds; just one is enough for them to deny no matter how real you know the relationship is.

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
firstladyking said:
Hi MrsIwsn, believe me you are just one of the lucky ones, because what you described is exactly how we submitted our paperwork, we waited, I submitted over 200 pics of hubby, kids, me, family , friends, over 10 vacations together, itineraries, everything, 2 page letter like you as well and yet we're still waiting and we applied before you. So I think this whole thing is just the luck of the draw. There are no prescribed ways of getting through quick, I think it may have something to do with the IO who gets your app, some may be better and more diligent than others. Count your lucky stars, that your process was as quick and simple as it was, I'm happy for you.
With all due respect, I would disagree that MrsLWSN received a speedy approval by "luck" - I do believe that it was her time - not a day less nor day more. Each one of us have a predetermined set day for approval - we just have to trust that for whatever reasons, whether a speedy or long process, that is the set plan. :)