+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

A_Yardie

Nov 27, 2009
Soso: to qualify for citizenship, hubby has to be in canada for 1095 days within a 4 year period.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

children do not need to meet this timeline for qualification.

Soso-2-di-whurlll said:
KC....... WHERE ARE YOU

I have 2 questions.....

Once hubby lands how long until her can travel back home. Someone told me he has to be here 2 years before he can go home... that can't be right????

and how long do they have to be here to apply for citizenship????

HELPPPPPPP

A_Yardie

Nov 27, 2009
just saw a posting that mrs sam and her hubby got the call to pick up his passport.

those forums have also been moved to a different site and are now active again.

all members have to re-register and then begin anew.

hopefully, every1 will be able to reconnect with the ppl that they've formed bonds with and continue the process that was in place before.

sassy75 said:
Girl,

Have you been sleeping all day?!?! I was downtown today and it started pouring at 4ish!!! lol

I feel bad for A Yardie though. That is the only person on the new thread with her so far!!! lol

Glo,
So it sounds like he just had an exclusion order like precious!! That is great!! I hope it works out for you soon!

Maple Syrup said:
Sassy - As far as I'm concerned, that 'virus' can keep that thread all to herself!! She can used the reply button to converse with her other personalities and debate on who is the craziest of them all

It rained??? really?? It's been all bright and sunny over here.... oh wait, I turned the lights on at 2pm!!! lol. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to a new week.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
good afternoon forum family... bless up yourselves.

so the party went real well this weekend - hubby loved meeting everyone and is so happy and feels blessed.

hubby got a job today YAY - actually he got 2 jobs but is only taking one... he got a job with UPS and another at a welding shop. He got the job with UPS on Friday and he started today but during his orientation he got a call from a welding shop so he left UPS (which was at jane and steeles - super far) and went strait to the welding shop who put him to work right away 8 hours a day and the shop is 20 min from our house so he is soooooooooo happy. He was only going to do the UPS until he found something in a welding shop but he lucked out and got a call today! I am soooo happy for him - he feels so good. I am super proud of him and his determination.

I still have not had a chance to go with him to get his health card so we will have to do that some time this week. I am still concerned about him proving his address.

Frequent or anyone else whos hubby or wife has landed can you please let me know what I have to have to prove residential address?

Soso - you must be so happy right now .. 48 hours till hubby is home in your arms!

LCW, Maple, Peace, Penitant, Stressed, A- Yardie, Glo, Sassy, Missing, homesoon, jamwifey and anyone i missed by accident big up yourselves

Canuck - where are you bredda?

Stressed - hubby is working till midnight this week... i will be on the jamdom site like a fiend - i am coming to hunt yuh down and give u the 6 i meant fi give last time.

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
OoooohhhHHHH!! I now know why some people go postal!!

If I could just unleash my wrath on those incompetent employees of the RGD... I would feel sooo much better. Why are Jamaican government employees so useless??? Why do they run the office likes it their own home??? Why can't they just do what they say they're going to do???? Why is my certificate of no impediment touring Jamaica like the breeze???

WHY???

Mi ah go mad out tonight!!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
KC - it's nice to hear from you. Glad your party went well... Congratulations to your hubby on his employment. That's awesome!! Hopefully in no time you can move out of the core... lol... Jane/Steeles 'bout super far.....its up the road from me + the subway is coming!! YAAAY!!!

Why can't I put up my avatar on this site?? Cho!!

Wha gwan everybody??

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Hello my friends. I been wondering where you went. Thanks for the emails i was hoping to track you guys down. Wahoo and no virus yet. Time getting close know, only 9 more sleeps and bam, bam. My lawyer has a date with the ex's new lawyer on weds and meeting with a judge so should know then. He feels it should go ok as we have been legally seperated since Jan 1. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway
Will keep you posted

And thank you for the invite

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Also, I have applied for my BC with my parents name on it hope it arriaves before I go. How long does it take to get our marriage license, we were going to apply when I got there with the info but I can scan a copy of divorce papers and birth cert if it takes over a week to get them.

Thanks again and it is great to be back

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Thanks Maple. LOL.. steeles and jane is far for us... it took me 1.5 hrs to take him there today at 1130 so i can imagine what it would be like him coming home at 6pm - I am sure i went the long way though... all the way to jane west on the subway and then up jane to Steeles, but i wanted hubby to know a easy route instead of getting on the subway then getting off and going north to downsview and then taking a bus and then transferring ray ray ray... lol... at least this job hubby can walk if he wanted too in less than an hour.

Canuck - yay glad you made it - 9 days wow... cant belive how time flies, that means your wedding day is real soon.. what day is it anyways? so we can make sure to think about you xtra hard that day! I hope everything works out with the lawyers and the divorce papers and those things... tough love! nothing good comes easy... remember that!

LCW this site is good... cant complain... i dont care about the quality i just care about the content!!

Looks like the other site is totally locked up.... Crazy how that happened... i hope the virus doesnt get bored and decide to find another site and finds us here... she will tourment us wicked.

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good evening Forum family.....Hope everyone is good tonight. I am very frustrated as hubby is very sick and I cannnot help him, this is when it really hits home being so far apart. I really hope for some good news this week for someone to lift the spirits.

SOSO...I think about you everyday...and I picture your smile when he walks through those doors OHHHH man!!!!! ...lol.

KC ...glad hubby got a job...must make him feel much more at ease. Hope my hubby is as lucky when he finally gets here.

Anyways I wish everyone a great week.....BLESS UP.

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
KC - There is no 'short' way up here! lol. Hope your hubby had a better experience on the subway though.

Canuck - you finally made it!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
"It's gunna be a blue Christmas without you baby"

OOOH Phewww Canuck you made it i am glad i was worried about you not finding us here...Glad your back and at it..

Man i Pray for you canuck....man they better get that divorce certificate .....and yesss BAM BAM for you hehe...i am Jelous of all the people gettin the bam bam...lol....SOSO get the BAM BAM in 24 hours :p

KC....... glad you like the sight at least we are all here doing what we always did and free of VIRUSES ..lol

Yah the other sight is shut down because of that virus....lol what a waste..... lol i reached 5 rassclaat star an dem strip it from me...nuttin nuh happen suh till dat yah VIRUS came deh bout deh place....woooooi

Mi naw waan promote dat place...dem shoulda mek wi keep wi ratings...nuh fair mon....mi dont wit dat place

Anyways KC congrats on hubby finding a job....he must be soooo happpy...awww.....good things happen to those who wait...congrats again

Maple...... wah gwaan girl .... what was it you were talking about with the RGD in JA them screwing around whats the deal there my girl...

Okay gald to see everyone deh bout

Hey i have a question are we missing anyone ???? I am not 100% sure

Bless up to all a wi forum fambly

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
hi forum
1. congrats sosososo your hubby is in your arms soon...girl mi fool...it feels like its my hubby coming the way am excited.....girl storm soon over.....
2.canuck nice to see you found us..hope evrything goes well cant imagine .....
3.kc mi ready fi you on jamdom..i wil be looking for you...u ah get 6 love....lol..congrats on hubby getting the job...question if you dont mind...did he get the ups job thru the employment centre or one of the interviews he did...just wanna know where to look when its hubby time...
4. jiggy big up urself...you are always the 5 star general...senior member
5. we came on this site to escape the virys..i actually dont want to hear about her....seem like in many post here her name is being called...i think we should forget that eveil thing..she brought put the worst in me and i dont even acknowledge her scum ass......we are starting over...hooray...
no update for me..i am praying for good news...am planning on calling kng tommorow...havent heard nothing since hubby got the call...nothing in mail.....they told me no email..so mi ah call..lolall i want for christmas is my sexy husband!!!!!!!!!

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
BY the way the censored word is yxes....spelled backwords..unbeleivable..lol

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ello all... I am so fed up of this waiting waiting waiting....today is just one day i feel like im going insane. jeeez! and worst because there has been no request to re-do my medical. I'm here praying for a miracle where i wont need to re-do. tired of being apart from hubby now. sick of it. altho he will be here in another 2 weeks, but then he LEAVES, thats the hardest part.

Stressed i know how u feel, i think im feeling exactly like you do today, its messing with my head! i am tired of being alone. I am wondering if my background check is whats holding things up too, i was in london for nearly two years, college. could that be it? It should be quite simple for them to find out that i was in college, and the time periods and when i came back home and so forth...i dunno man but hearing nothing at ll is driving me crazy

Big ups to everyone and lets all try to remain positive and hope for some good news this week!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodevening everyone hope you all had a great day. I knowfor me I am mentally exausted. Not so sure picking up a partime job on top of my full time was the smartest thing to do. :( Just tired tired. And little time for my friends here. :) .

Not very much longer soso and that plane is landing yippy.
Longdistance our hubbies situations are the same as to the warrent for overstay to the lovely living arrangments in Rexdale. Ya I don't think thsoe were police. It was funny cause when they got there I saw him coming towards me I ran to him and she tried to step me off and said no wait. I said excuse me no I am hugging my man. She just looked at me and said ok fine. It had been just over 2 mnths since we touched so I am not waiting.
I do know that 2 of the guys who they were standing over were obvously being deported they watched them like hawkes. Hubby said when they got through to the departures they stayed right with those 2.

Hopefully everyone files will have some sort of movement soon.

KC great news for hubby good for him. :)