File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Thanks guys deep down inside i know that you are always here to help in so many ways.

Thanks a million i really appreciate the love.

lets gog kgn ... NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Good Morning All,
I called the MP's office this morning so I 'm waiting on them to call me back to set an appointment. Does anyone have any experience with getting their MP involved? If yes, how long does Kingston normally take to respond? Thanks

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Boy oh Boy kingston is just so qiet today, i dont like it at all, they need to wake up now man.

What's wrong with you KGN, Wake up man!!!!!!!!!!!START MAKING A FEW CALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamdont, when we contacted our mp we just spoke to her over the phone and gave her the information she required we didnt actually have to go in to see her, i just explained my situation and gave her our details. so i dont know if you requested an appointment but it would be quicker for you to do that via phone...it usually takes 2 weeks, sometimes u will get an answer from kgn before the two weeks....

This morning i received two emails frm etracker, but when i checked it basically just said the same thing, ''in process since blah blah blah'' same kinda thing with Godblesswife the other day, guess they are working on my visa!

If nothing else this process has taught me patience, i have been waiting for almost 2 years and during that time there were moments where i just broke down...times when i felt hopeful, times when i was angry and felt like i didnt care... but thats all of 2 years.... so just be patient guys

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Yup Soanxious, if nothing else is learnt from this process, Patience is definately a lesson well learnt, in our own ways individually, we have been on such a roller coaster, regardless of where we are in the process. but it sounds like they are up to something good with your file, putting a little sticker in your book maybe :p

hmmm....but they have otherwise been a bit quiet for a tuesday. any more updates yet?

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Full time! i have waited nearly two years for that little sticker!!!! :D

It has been a quiet Tuesday for real, they working behind the scenes man, probably calling the courier to come pick up some PPs

I am making my LIST! :D and checking it twice.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
dont worry, very soon you'll soon find a few other stuff you forgot to put on your list and tick off. ;)

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
Hey everyone, just got back from the MP's office . He called Kingston while I was there and they informed him that they are waiting to make sure our marriage certificate is authentic!!! Can you beleive that!! I've been married for 8 years with a 7 year old child and they are wasting time to make sure my certificate is real!!! Come on Kingston!!!! The person at Kington also informed the office that the last time they checked the file was Jan. 4 it's now February 15 for heaven's sake!!!!! I just hope that Registrar General will come through for me soon.

p.s they informed me that the check is all that's preventing the visa from being issued!!!! :mad:

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Wow, I feel for you Ramdont, and here I was thinking they would've checked all that before they called for the passport. to finalise the visa.
:mad: not nice, I really hope they are just telling you that because they have no good excuse for taking this long. actually I think thats what it is, and you are going to hear from them now that your MP Called them.

alot is different these days with the way kgn does things, most of it dont make any sense. Lets all just hope and pray this is not a pattern.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well thats good news jamdont!!!!! very good news, ur hubby will soon get back his passport! maybe they already got a response from the registrar and they didnt realize since they have not checked since jan 4! Happy for you, i know u must have been wondering whats wrong if it was anything more than that. you will def be getting passport soon!

if u dont mind me asking, u been married for 8 years...when did you start filing?

Godbless i dont doubt that i will soon find i forgot to put something on my list... :D

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godbless kgn jus mek people worry unnecessarily...thats what they good at in that office. lol

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Waiting to verify the marriage certificate? Lawd. Surely it can't take so long. And why are they doing that now after he has been called for PPR?! Isn't that backwards? I call bull****, as my husband would say.

Any bets on how long from now ramdont husband get a call? My money is on by Thursday this week!

It's quiet for a Tuesday though.

Soanxious, even someone as OCD as me about lists forgets things. I just make a new list every time something new comes to mind, and then by the time I am done, I have several lists and going through them I find that I get everything I was supposed to, LOL.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Seriously though, are'nt you guys doing a Spousal application? and should'nt they confirm, if you are married, and if your documents are authentic, before deciding wether they want your passport to issue a visa? thats just messed up. I seriously think out of Embarrassment for their incompetence they came up with that one.

Hang in there Ramdont I bet you'll get the call soon

ramdont

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
August, 2010
Med's Done....
August, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...........
LANDED..........
Waiting............
@godblesswife, exactly my point!!!! If they were still doing checks why request the pp? makes no sense to me, only build people's hope and then disappoint them. I sure hope I'll get a call soon, the MP told me to call him back within a week because he's going on vacation for 1 week.@ soanxiouswifey the application went in April 10'

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godbless i think its as u said, they just making an excuse because they just ''failed'' to return her husbands passport due to negligence on their part....

Charlie, i am sure the most important things i am not remembering right now, i know me, and it will be the day before i leave that i will be freaking out because i forgot so many stuff. lol

they usually ask for original documents, and when they do they usually verify what needs verification and then call for passport so id does sound a way for real, but the good thing is that they were contacted by your mp and u will be hearing something very soon...

today quiet bad fi true