Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
It makes sense it must have down a system update last week and maybe this reflects the true updates.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Vanny, I'm really sorry to hear about the sad news, its never easy to read about a refusal even though its not mine. I Sincerely Pray that the Divorce will be sped up for you guys so you can get on with your life. but none the less try and stay Positive, I know its hard but it will all work out in the end. trust and believe that.
RE: time limit in Jamaica Hubby was here on the 4th and he got 6 Months in his Passport but told he's not allowed to work during this time. Hubby asked them suppose I do work or overstay whats gonna happen? The immigration guy said "well you face the law". Hubby said "no I wont, I was born Jamaican even though I left here when I was a kid. so I cant be deported or penalized. you guys need to update your policy and decide how to Implement your procedures".
Immigration guy said "you too smart" ;D so I dont know if him having dual nationality has anything to do with the 6 Months being stamped in his passport and not 3 ::)

Anxious that sounds like a plan, but something tells me your Hubby will have you baking a bun in the Oven before I even get there :p

Lonely Congrats on the good news looks like you will soon over with this process kgn is working, even if they are doing so confusingly.

Re: Medical results received update I read on another forum that someone received this update and they had not sent in Medicals yet!
so what the heck is going on?

on the other hand, 2 people on here got the update and work is being done on their files so .... I'm still Confused but what the heck, have a good evening everyone, Tomorrow is another day lets hope we get some more good news.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
godblesswife... I must agree this is a little confusing.. does your ecas still say medical results received??

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Just had another thought, "Medical Results Received" does not necessarily tell you about the medicals alone, but also where you are in the process, so its also a status Indicator I think...

So it may not totally be a glitch is what I'm thinking. I maybe wrong, I'd be happy to get some imputs on this.

I just checked my ecas and it still says "Medical Results Received"

below that it says

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.
when I click into the link for applications processed outside canada it shows you that the Medical results update takes place in the Decision made stage.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada

This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.
Status of your application Explanation
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.
WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.
DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.
COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

reemagray

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
See I'm not too sure about that, because our application says received and not in process but e-cas still shows they received the medical (which makes sense as it was couriered way back in September).

I highly doubt our file has been opened as we just got an AOR in the mail a couple weeks ago (dated dec 17, the file was received by Kingston Nov 08). It seems to me that patience is truly needed when dealing with Kingston, there have been many complaints and as a result mass updates with errors happened.

Hubby and I agreed that if we have not heard anything from Kingston by March (as in changed to in process) we will follow up with our MP. There's no reason for it take more than 4 months between the file being sent and received by Kingston and them beginning to work on it.

I know there are many of you who have been through this for much longer and my heart goes out to you. It's very frustrating but we all need to keep hopes up and do what we can when we can.

Godblesswife said:
Just had another thought, "Medical Results Received" does not necessarily tell you about the medicals alone, but also where you are in the process, so its also a status Indicator I think...

So it may not totally be a glitch is what I'm thinking. I maybe wrong, I'd be happy to get some imputs on this.

I just checked my ecas and it still says "Medical Results Received"

below that it says

The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.
when I click into the link for applications processed outside canada it shows you that the Medical results update takes place in the Decision made stage.

Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada

This diagram explains each step in the application process. Please contact us for more information about Application Processing Times.
Status of your application Explanation
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.
WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.
DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.
COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Godblesswife... I am thinking that maybe you are right... I am so confused now... We will see what happens.. I hope things get moving soon...

Reemagray... i agree with you ;D

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Congrats everyone that recieved updates! I double checked my status and it still says medicals recieved, I was a bit worried...

Vanny

Dec 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
18-12-2009
File Transfer...
27-11-2009
Med's Request
?? pending med redo req
Med's Done....
9-10-2009//
Interview........
03-02-2011,Denied///ADR, appeal won Sept 7th 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
LANDED..........
02-02-2012
thanks for your kind words godbless

CharlieD, those vo are ignorant.. why don't they just keep their dumb comments to themselves.

Maybe there is system glitch ? don't worry.. they probably did received the medicals already,. It's been a few months already and I think it takes.. 2 mos max?

I swear that office is runned by kids!

Did anyone here ever do a destination wedding? I saw one and the price for Grand Palladium is 1700 (the cheapest) .. does it include a 1 night stay? or it's just food for 8 guests and the ceremony.

Is this type of wedding enjoyable? I have never been to one, but everything appears to be set up and planned for you in advance.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All i say is dont worry too much about ecas, some people its after they get to canada that their status changed.

Godbless we will plan it man, i will have company to share my baby story with and because i already have one i will be able to calm some of your anxiety, BUT first we have to have some FUN FUN FUN, all over canada... :D :D :D

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Randysgirl... I'm glad you're stuff has not changed on ecas...

Vanny... I had looked into doing my wedding at the Grand Palladium... From what I understood at the time you have to pay for the room and then you pay the cost of having wedding and reception there. What had turned us off from doing the wedding there was that if you had guest not staying overnight and renting a room they had to get day passes which at the time they had the morning one I don't exactly remember the times but it was something like 8-4 then you have the afternoon one from 4-12 but I don't remember if there was a full day pass but anyways if my memory is right is was about 150$ US per person for the day pass which I thought was ridiculous as we were having 60 people at our wedding and reception plus we would of had to pay I think 50$ a plate. So that dream wedding by the beach at Grand Palladium soon ended and I settled for church wedding with reception at the Four Seasons in Kingston... Very nice place and the food was great and it didnt cost so much... If you are having a small wedding it looks more resonable the prices at the Grand Palladium but because 45 of our guest were locals we didn't want to pay 200$ US per person for the day... Just to let you know the information might of changed me and hubby looked into this in 2009 when preparing for our wedding in Feb. 2010 so I am not sure if this info is still accurate....

jahlove

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-10
AOR Received.
1-12-10
File Transfer...
13-10-10
Med's Done....
21-06-10
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
January 26, 2012
Good morning all. I really dont understand what all these changes mean, i really wish soomeone did, but as quite a number of you has stated earlier KGN is very confusing, so we will continue to have hope and believe that no matter what happens, what changes or not, that soon we will all be reunited with our love ones.

I just came from our morning devotion and theme was and always is:

"TO PUT GOD FIRST, LET HIM BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF ALL OUR ENDEAVOURS"

So with this said i will try and focus on only positive things from now on, the changes means something and in time we will all find out.

Lonely_wife ..........hold the faith dear and know that all will be well with you and hubby very soon and that goes for all of us.
Have a good friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guys. Blessings

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
TGIF and good morning forum fam!

Vanny, resort weddings can be very nice, but it depends on the size of the wedding. I think if you are planning a traditional wedding with a fair amount of guests, you are better off doing it in a nice reception hall, it is much more cost effective than a resort wedding.

My husband and I looked into holding ours at the Negril Gold Club Clubhouse, and the pricing was very reasonable for booking the clubhouse and the catering. At the time we were planning for around 40 guests. When we compared it with a resort wedding in Negril with just 20 guests on day passes, the pricing was about the same! :eek:

I don't get the changes on eCAS. I think someone needs to complain. This process is already emotional enough, without them giving people all kinds of hopes and then shooting them down with "computer glitches" for an excuse. Unacceptable. I have been around for several computer system changeovers and upgrades with various employers, our first priority was ensuring that our clients were NEVER affected by the changes, all glitches were sorted internally and clients had no inkling the process change was in effect.

Anyways, keep the faith all!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Congrats,missin and Yardie, great news. Vanny sorry to hear about another delay, but your right, just plan your next move and stay positive, it will all work out. How are things going mi forum family, KG screwing around again I see. I guess back to being patient as possible and throw some darts at the KG dartboard. Have a great day everyone and stay positve. I'll pick on us males today

If men got pregnant.... abortion would be available in
convenience stores and drive-through windows.

Why do men name their penises?
Because they want to be on a first-name basis with the one who makes all their decisions.

Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring, and good-looking?
Because they already have boyfriends.

Did you hear about the man who won the gold medal at the Olympics?
He had it bronzed.

Why do men like masturbation?
Its sex with someone they love.

How do some men define Roe vs. Wade?
Two ways to cross a river.

What is gross stupidity?
144 men in one room.

Husband: I don't know why you wear a bra; you've got nothing to put in it.
Wife: You wear briefs, don't you?

What's the difference between a porcupine and a Corvette?
The porcupine has pricks on the outside.

How many men does it take to pop popcorn?
Three. One to hold the pan and two others to act macho and shake the stove.

What is a man's view of safe sex?
A padded headboard.

How do men sort their laundry?
"Filthy" and "Filthy but Wearable".

Why did God create man?
Because a vibrator can't mow the lawn.

Why were men given larger brains than dogs?
A.So they wouldn't hump women's legs at cocktail parties.
B.So they wouldn't stop to play with every other man they see when you take them around the block.

Why does the stupid man put ice in his condom?
To keep the swelling down.

What is the thinnest book in the world?
"What men know about women."

How many men does it take to screw a light bulb?
A.One - men will screw anything.
B.One - men will screw up anything.
C.Five - one to actually do the screwing, four to listen to him brag about it

How does a man take a bubble bath?
He eats beans for dinner.

What is a man's idea of foreplay?
A half hour of begging.

How can you tell if a man is aroused?
He's breathing.

What's the difference between men and government bonds?
Bonds mature.

How do you save a man from drowning?
Take your foot off his head.

What do men and beer have in common?
They're both empty from the neck up.

How can you tell if a man is happy?
Who cares?

How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper?
Who knows? - did it ever happen??

How are men and parking spots alike?
The good ones are always taken. Free ones are mostly handicapped or extremely small.

What is a man's idea of doing housework?
Lifting his leg so you can vacuum.

What is the difference between a man and E.T.?
E.T. phoned home.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!!!

vanny - so sorry to hear about the denial! I hope and pray the divorce goes through soon so you can get married and get on with your life. I did a destination wedding and went through a wedding co-ordinator at www.tropicalweddings.com I researched it for a long time and found hotels were more expensive....there are charges they don't tell you about in their advertising and it keeps climbing. I liked the wedding co-ordinator because they did everything for us, all I had to do was get dressed and wait for them to pick me up.

lonely - congrats!!! I think your hubby will get the call while you're down there :D

about ecas - maybe it was a glitch in the system, it's weird that there were so many people with the same update in the same day. When mine was updated, my MP said that is the last step in the process. They then do one last file review and then call for PP. The CAIPS notes for my husband's file showed the medical decision and decision to approve PR was made on Dec 16 and ecas was updated on Dec 22 (I think) Due to the Christmas holidays he didn't get the call until Jan 4/11. He probabaly would have been called sooner if not for the holidays. It seems in the past for some of the forum members when ecas was updated to medicals received, the PP call came the same day. So I don't know what's up with ecas or KG....I just when you think you know the way things work they change it.

about the PP stamp - every time I travelled to JA my PP was stamped for 3 months. I had no idea they could stamp for 6 months but then again I never planned to stay more than 2 weeks at a time. Once I said I was visiting my husband and ended up being searched at the Mobay airport because of it....after that, I never told them I was visiting my husband. I just told them I was there for vacation and if they asked why alone I would tell them I'm meeting friends. If they asked their names, I made them up lol I never got harrassed saying that but did when I said I was visiting my husband. When leaving I just told them my friends left before me or are leaving on a different flight....or are going to different countries lol (like USA or UK)

I can't wait to go back with hubby....I wonder how much they will harrass us then lol

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Nae, I'm appalled. You are the wife of a citizen, and get searched, but are not searched when you are just a tourist? Marvelous *insert sarcastic tone here* treatment!

Well, our application should go off to CPC-M on Monday. Hubby has promised to finish his forms, pay the fees and whatnot and get it ready for FedEx while I am in Montego Bay for the weekend attending my cousin's wedding. "Operation Get Wife Home", as he calls it (gotta love ex-military men), will then enter Phase 2.

Since I didn't post one this morning, I thought something funny would be nice in the evening:

On the first day of college, the Dean addressed the students, pointing out some of the rules:

"The female dormitory will be out-of-bounds for all male students, and the male dormitory to the female students. Anybody caught breaking this rule will be fined $20 the first time." He continued, "Anybody caught breaking this rule the second time will be fined $60. Being caught a third time will cost you a fine of $180. Are there any questions?"

At this point, a male student in the crowd inquired:

"How much for a season pass?"