Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Afternoon Forum, I've been MIA for some time now partially because I had tons going on and did'nt want to dampen everyone's Spirit.
so I took my little time away.

and now I'm back and happy to see all the lovely new Members a Warm Welcome all. I dont know everyone's names yet. but I can see the list has grown.

and for everyone with updates Congrats on the good news big or small its always good to hear something out of Kgn.

Nae what did I tell you dear? no news is still good news, and so it was in your case. Massive congrats to you Hun.

Canuck I'm really happy for you the WIFE is finally home.
every one else I've missed shout out to you all,
Oh and SICK praise the Lord its over for you girl, you must be over the moon.

I dont really have an Update other than I got a Lovely Surprise on the 4th of JAN Hubby Popped up. :eek: :p oh My LORD it was just what I needed. Bam Bam like it was going out of style. :p
Now he's gone back to Canada I went through my withdrawal period of Missing him even more. and now I'm a little better. I've come out my hole now.
oh, and Mom is walking again (slowly) ;D Thanks to God and the Many prayers sent up on her behalf.
All in all over the past couple of months I've learnt that through all this, I still have a lot to be grateful for, and I'm learning to thank God everyday for the little things that he's blest me with.
I've realised that sometimes we get so dragged down by what we dont have, that we sometimes lose sight and forget to stop and give thanks for what we do have.
But I've made a decision that "I'm Alright". as long as there's a God, and Wonderful hubby whom I adore. and who equally Adores, loves and Cherishes me. "I'm Alright" (My little Affirmation)

Anxious mi fren it sounds odd indeed, but they may just want to confirm things for themselves with your travel History. so dont worry yourself . now they have everything, so they cant drag it on much longer till they call you for pick up. stay positive and hurry up and give them what they want.

Keep Holding the faith peeps, it will soon be over for you guys too, as hard as it is to believe, this too shall pass. and we wont even believe we were this anxsious.

Stay blessed Everyone

Jan 10, 2011
So I took the wonderful advise and just got back home from seeing my MP. The lady that met with me was really wonderful - she had just sent off another inquiry to Kingston for another applicant when I arrived. I told her about our case and that our anniversary is coming up this Friday. She sent Kingston a copy of the confirmation that the fee was paid and also a note explaining its our anniversary. She says they normally respond the following day but sometimes it depends on what type of mood they are in lol.....I guess kingston has a reputation here too :)

As I was sitting there providing her with the information I kept thinking to myself wouldn't it be wonderful if my husband called me right now and tell me that they called him to get his visa/passport. Then my phone ring and it was my husband LOL - but now they didn't call him....I thought it was funny though.

So Now we wait until Kingston either responds to the MP or give us a call in the next 45 minutes before they close. I will keep you all updated.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the feedback guys...

yeah odd to me too but I am not worried about it, nor am I panicky. I never overstayed in the US, or any other country i have been to. These are trying times for me but all in all they can keep me from my husband.

You know what hurts me about all of this, what gets to me, they keep meddling in my file, as if i have something to hide or as my husband and I relationship are not genuine but yet still they are breezing thru other peoples files, people who have not known their husbands for as long as i know mine, who dont have any much ties...people who have overstayed in other countries and so on. Mind you, i have absolutely no problem with anyone who overstayed in any country or have been convicted of crimes and so on, and i dare not say my love for my husband is more than anyone elses, but to me imm in kingston have no clue what they are doing...and we shall have testimonies to prove that

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Child ...youmade me laugh ...cause i know when i was going through the process i would often day dream like such ...let me telly ou that was really good descriptive writting ...I was like OMG they called and they asked for it ..But NOPE ...LOL ...I did giggle ...Not cause they didnt call of course but just how you put that it was funny..

I sure hope they cll whn i used my MP it seemed to light a FYAH under them baxside ...so lets hope them get FYAH today!!

All the best ...hope it happens SOON!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Soanxious...I can defiatly relate ...They took and a long time with my hubby file to and it bothered me tremendously that the amount of years we had been together didnt pay no part into how fast our APP was processed...It like it was not important ..But soon this will be over it has to them cannot go on forever...I wish you continued stregth may all your dream soon come true ...I am here routing for you never stopped girl !!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thnks Lcw..just getting things together think i will leave tonight and stay over in kgn rather than go in the morning and get there late

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Anxious Girl, I understand your frustration all too well, and you have every right to be upset, waiting almost 2 years is just rediculous, I've always thought if they did a Probationary Leave to Remain it would be alot fairer, since after the Probationary Period they would be able to get an update, to see if the relationship is still standing or not, and that would weed out any abusers of the system. but hey as hubby would say! "that would make too much Sense",
But still Chin up Hun, your wait is almost over they cant ask for nothing more now. consider all this rigma roll another step closer to the end.
as you know I'm always praying for you, and I know its hard but Stay Positive dont let them get to you.
Give them what they want and sit and watch God do the rest for you. and just watch and see, no matter how bleak it looks
soon you and Hubby will put this bitter wait behind you for good.

Remember it always looks Darkest before Day Dawneth. ;)

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Alright anxious...safe travel pan deh trek ...NEXT IS PP.....MI and you claim that one ..RIGHT SAH!!

Good luck tommarrow...all the best ...

Godblesswife...nice and tru words ...PS...glad ur mom is doing good ...my prayers are with her for continued stregnth !!

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ty lcw. :)

Godbless i couldnt agree more, isnt that how its done in the UK? I think so, would make so much more sense but then as u hubby say fi real "that just makes too much sense!

This rigma roll has been going on for too long, too damn long, I say to hubby, what if anything should happen to you, i am here in jamaica unable to even care for you, to at least love you, make you feel like a man... he too is fed up and says he gets so upset when people ask if his wife is not there yet, but god knows best...this will not break us but indeed it will make us stronger. I want to see what the hell they gonna ask for next, if they wanted details of my travel they could have requested that when they requested additional documents from me, but noooooo...that too ''makes too much sense'' kmt.

anyway girl, im bantering about my process, even though you are not yet a year in your process i know it is hard for you also...but soon...they cant keep us apart forever.

oooo, MAYBE they are just pissed cause i sent them an email asking why my application taking so long when we have a genuine relationship... oh well...u know in jamaica dem say ''if u want good u nose haffi run'' my nose running and that okay cause they not gonna break me apart from my ''good man''

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
LCW thanks, we need every prayer we can get, every single positive vibe,

Her Battle with Cancer is still not done, and shes still weak from Chemo, but boy am I Happy to see God at work. :)

Its funny how we never really notice how Important little Daily Graces are, Walking, Eating, Talking Etc. dosent seem like much till we are not able to do those things.
and I know that Immigration can seem to cripple us at times, Emotionally stiffle us even.
but God allows it all, to test and Strenghten the Love we already have for our Spouses.
And boy, this wait is enough to test any Patience and faith.
you are so right Anxsious, Even when you just start the process, it still feels like an Eternity from the ones you love.

But we'll soon be alright ;)
you soon buss Hun Promise, I sent up a Special Prayer for you.
P.s at this stage you have every right to banter and talk di tings dem.
I think as soon as Canada Adopts the UK'S approach to Spousal Immigration
everyone will feel better, cos it would only take about 6 months total. which is fairer than the current up down Timescales.
But untill then, we continue to wait it out.
and Just thank God our Relationships are still standing regardless of the Distance.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Night all...

Soanxious... i agree they are probably just wanting to make sure that everything is cris with regards to you and your sons travels during that time and that there was no over stay and that you didnt stay in america for longer than 6 months etc to need background check. Not sure on the reasoning behind the letter vs a phone call, i know in UK when i send in my passport to renew it they send me my old passport back but with holes in it so that it can not be used... but maybe they asked you for passports with history of travel since 2006 incase you recently got a new passport or something like that. I am sure they could tell when your passport was issued though. Regardless, them cant hold you and your little man from your hubby for too much longer.

Regarding things being like UK, i think kingston is a long long long way from that.... not only does UK take full advantage of technogoly in their process including email etc to contact people which really speeds things up but countries that dont need a visa to get into Canada to begin with will always have a shorter waiting period than those who do. I guess Canada thinks that someone from a non visa country has more reason to want to leave theirs for Canada than someone from lets say America or France or UK where the economy etc is not par or even better than those here in Canada and those from non visa countries will be more inclind to do whatever it takes to obtain that visa. All a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. Its crazy to know that the time line is so short to come from UK vs Kingston or cuba or china etc.

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
bear with me, what is a doctors request? we did his medicals in September including the xrays and blood work from the certified doc in mobay and got the original reciept and that was included in our package.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
doc request is when immigration requested you to do a medical because some people do not send it in with the package they wait until they get approved to do it and send it to immigration where the application will be processed... some others send it in with the original package

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Hi Randy'sGirl, not sure what a Doctors request is, never heard of it before, but if at all you meant, Doc Request

On the Forum this is short for Additional Documents Requested, this means a request for Documents , such as Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates Etc. which may not have been sent in with the package. most people include them these days as it seems to shorten the processing time a little.

But some people like myself, Sadly did not send them in with the package, (FOR DIFFERENT REASONS) and then get asked for them once our File's Processing have begun.
The letter you would receive in that case, would Specifically tell you what Doc or Docs KGN would be requiring to further the processing of your file.
But if all the Documents you sent in were Originals, then it is unlikely that you'd be getting one of those Doc Request letters. which would be good, since you would cut back on waiting time for them to revisit your file to see if you've submitted the Docs they Requested, the average wait according to CIC for these reviews are usually 60 days, from the date their letter to you was written.
So you are looking at cutting your wait an average 2 months, by sending everything in with the application, so they dont have to make a request for them.

Personally, I did not want to risk losing any Documents and then have to replace them. so I sent a Photocopy, but later found out that Kgn dont seem to lose many Docs. (Observation, there may be an exception or two) so I would have been good sending them in anyway, just did'nt know that till after I Joined the Forum.

Hope this helps.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
lol... when i said doc request i meant doctors request... this could been confusing since there is document request... opps sorry just realised that as i read godblesswife...