Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
So happy for you Nae, a bit cold today for the poor guy!!! what a great place to be here, the vibes and good wishes for each other are very inspiring. I read Naes reuinting story with tears in my eyes and a smile on my face, weird how we can be so supportive of each other yet I have never met anyone here! Are there any link ups ever in the Toronto area? that would be awsome.

To those who have been experiencing crying spells and feelings of hopelessness, I had an episode where I just could not get it together this week, it is hard for others to understand what we go through just to be with our husbands/wives. I am going on 5 months since seeing my husband, it is hard to justify spending the $ to go there when you dont know how long the process will take. I want to go to JA in feb or april, but sometimes I feel like it is harder to go then have to leave and start the whole grieving process all over again...

Now monday we should get the next happy ending- come on Kingston!!!!!!

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Randysgirl....you are so right about going and then having to leave with out your spouse. You come home and the whole grieving process starts again. The last tme I was in JA was October and I am not sure what to do about my bday and anniversary next month....I may take a 5 day run down there but it still costs and I keep thinking just hold off and maybe KINGSTON will suprise me and request my hubby's PP.

This is a tough road and You have not travelled it you should not have any kind of comment to make whatsoever.

This forum has been saviour to me since I found out about even though I just joined the end of November.

Thanks alot everyone for your support!!!

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Lady Posh Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for ya!

Yeah, to go or not to go, that is a tough one. One one hand it will give me something to look forward to, but then I will have to leave and you all know those first 3 weeks back are hardcore difficult to bear. But i miss him and he misses me and jeepers how many times can you talk on the phone when all you do is work, go home, be lonely and go back to work??? Im tired of "I love you, I m,iss you I need you. I cant wait to be with you again.............ugh."

I need a tshirt that says "PLEASE DONT ASK ME IF IM OK" cause I am not and I am prone to break down and cry even if in a very public place. thank you.

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Randysgirl....that is so funny because that is exactly how our conversations go to....I mean we talk about 5-10 times per day and sometimes it is just so repetitive.

Trust me when I say this is one of the hardest things I have ever been through in life...wanting to be with you loved one and they are miles and miles away. This is alot of strain on a relationship/marriage. I am just glad I found you guys who understand because if I have anoter friend/family member, who are all hypocrites, as "so when your husband coming", I swear I will scream!!!!LOL

Let's keep our fingers crossed and pray that Kingston will keep going strong. 7 months seems to be there target now!

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good afternoon all. Ya know its slow when you have to scroll way down the page to find us. Hope everyone is doing great. Nae is off having a blast with hubby thats awesome. Ladyposh I know what you mean " so whens your hubby coming" I got that alot and he got it worse but ones saying your going no where, your wife hasn't been down lately she leaven you dry here. Bla Bla Bla, thats all it is ppl got nothing better to do with their lives. I found some people make it their mission to be all in your business. Awww nice to be so popular aye..lol
It is and can be a strain on a marriage but hold tight ladies.
Hopefully things will move again with KG and lives can be full and happy once again.

Have a beautiful day all. :D

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
Glorygirl68....you are so right about bad-minded people....That is why I stop talking to alot of so called friends...even ones that came to my wedding....all they did was find fault about everything and came back and talked about it behind my back....so for that I just cut myself loose.

Nae Nae must be having a ball with hussy...I wonder how he is handling the coldest weekend of the winter so far? LOL

Have a good day everyone!!!

Can-Indy-Jam

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
File Transfer...
November 22, 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Yes indeed Lady Posh And Glowgirl there are stresses and people do make it their business to the status of ur relationship.

Firstly, they don't really care it is a topic of discussion because they couldn't believe that you got married to someone from another country nevertheless Jamaica of all places.

Second, they want to Eagerly meet this husband because they don't see him talk to him or even know him and they want to know he's a real person. Lol

Lastly, some times I think they just ask to be annoying because they really don't care they have their lives and their husbands around. They also only want if at work coffee gossip. As I know most peeps at my work ask at least once a week.

Those are my comments on that subject of the most common question "when is your husband going to be here?"

I get upset at times too because it's really no ones business unless u make it ur business. I try to steer away from those questions by avoiding those people.

Nae nae you go girl....drop it like it's hot, get down and funky with your Hubby....I'm so happy for you.

As for the rest of us....our time soon come!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend...

Please prey for me...I need to ask my boss for vacation...after I already booked my ticket back to Jamaica...I have vacation available just need to ask work ....no matter what I say I can't stay away from my husband too long.....come on Kingston Lets go Kingston lets go!!!

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Brrrr man oh man is it cold here!!! I decided that I will go to JA end of Feb, 6 months is the end of my rope especially since we had been living together before that. So I will go, have a nice time with my hubby and come back and start the grieving process all over again.... mabe if we are very lucky he will be here 6 months after I leave, then I will get a dose half ways through!!!

This week is sure to bring someone else together now come on Kingston, let go of our loved ones!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey guys :)

I so know the feeling. We are just about to submit our application and already people are asking "So when are you going to Canada" as if they heard it was something I could do anytime I felt like it. Like I really want to be stuck in a job I am hating more and more recently, far away from my husband, without the slightest idea when all the plans we have for our family can start!

Unless they have been through it, they don't understand. When I am not here, I don't talk about our application, except to my big brother and his wife, because she sponsored him to the US and he recently got his GC without conditions. But it's only when I am here that anyone really understands the stress.

What relieves the stress is seeing others get through and know that my turn will come.

Jan 10, 2011
I know what you all mean about people not understanding what we are going through. I get asked just about everyday especially at church on Sundays I get asked at least 30 times by different members. Sometimes I just want to cry in public but then people will think I am crazy.... So I squeeze the tears back in. I was in JA early part of December and cried my eyes out when I was coming back didn't care who was looking at me lol. Go see ur loved ones don't let the grieving process when u have to return stop u cause only a day with ur hubby would be worth it.

I am trusting in God that my hubby will get the call to pick up his passport this week we still have time for him to arrive here for our anniversary this Friday!

I am keeping each of u in my prayers cause being a way from ur spouse is the most unnatural feeling in the world....

Come on KG reunite us with our loved ones in Jesus Name!

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hello everyone!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and I too hate that grieving process when you leave partner in Jamaica... It's awful... Tears and depression for the next few days until it sinks in that you're all alone again... Then life gets a little easier but still hard not to be with hubby... Oh an people man oh man I thinking of that at work the other day... I was sitting having my lunch in the lunch room then one person comes in and says wow I heard you going to Jamaica soon... I look at her and say yes then wondered to myself how the hell do you know when I only told like about 3 of the closest coworker and my boss knows.... Anyways I try not too talk to much about the process cause everyone wants to be in your bussiness and I think it just makes it worst as they don't have a clue what you are going through.... People ask and then turn around and gossip... I do agree that because you are married to someone they never seen or talked to they kidda judge you upon that and I am sure that some even wonder if we are ever gonna get reunited...

Lots of people tend to judge cause I fell in love with someone on the net... Not only that people judge cause we are young and in love... My husband don't talk to barely anybody in Jamaica about the immigration process because they all chat and already kidda have hatered upon him cause he married to a white woman and I guess he has an opportunity of living jamaica and having a better life... Some of the people at his work pass stupid remarks but we have to ignore them.... at times it hurts though....

randysgirl when you heading to jamaica... I too am going at the end of feb from the 12-25.... anyways I couldnt miss my anniversary on the 13 and valentines day lol... lucky me I will get for sure 2 days of pure loving back to back every year :p but this year I get 13 hahahahahahaha

CharlieD I can't wait to hear that you send off the application. Good luck with the rest of the preparation girl...

child of king i hope your hubby gets his passport back soon enuff girl... i keep my fingers crossed for you...

nae nae i can't wait to hear more stories... i am guessing that tuesday will probably be the day that u will update us since you go back to work that day... looking forward to hearing more stories :)

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Night All...

Awwwwwwwww... :'( totally know what you guys are going through... I went through it ALL and its horrible. People doubted my relationship with hubby from the start.. well the start for them was when i told my family and friends that I was getting married.. yup, they were totally shocked. They all knew i was going back and forth to jamaica 4-6 times a year but had no clue it was to see a man specifically - I am a private person and didnt feel the need to tell people my bizness well, except for my two best friends. So the suspision started from that moment.. worse, i told them i was getting married in September and the wedding was set for January - 4 months later. So for sept, oct, nov and dec... my family and friends tried to convince me to not get married while I didnt try to convince them of anything. I told my mother and my brother and a few friends that if they dont trust me or believe in my decisions then to either not come to my wedding and stop trying to make decisions for me, concidering I was 28 years old, had a great job, have lived on my own for the past 11 years and had never asked them for a penny...... or hush up and be supportive... soon after that they made their decision to stay by my side, they simmered down... they all showed up in JA, met my husband, met my inlaws, attended my wedding and had a blast... there has been no talk about it since.

During those 4 months of Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec - I had heard it all - he is just using you for a visa, he will leave you when he gets here, you are moving too quickly and being irrational, you will be responsible for him for 3 years, Rae Rae Rae Rae...

I knew that we were in love, i knew that it was love at first sight - even if i didnt tell him i loved him for 5 months, i knew that our 5 hour conversations thanks to unlimted monthly calling back then were not in vein, were not false, we were not "pretending" I knew the close to 3 years of visiting JA, him never asking me for anything more than to be home at night to talk to him on the phone until i fell asleep, the crying, weeping, missing, longing, him devoting every second of his spare time to me was not an act to lure me in.. and besides, I was smarter than that... Not one person I knew had dated someone from another country, and when push came to shove - one person had to give up their family, friends, life, house, job, security everything to be together with their loved one. He begged me to come to JA, to live and make a family... I concidered it and was 100% willing to if we got denied sponsorship to come to Canada.

It wasnt until I came on the forum (the old forum to start but moved over to this one) that I found people who could relate to me, understand me, and GOT it!

Every little girl always dreams of being a princess and having that prince charming and living the fairy tale dream... Id like to think that my fairy tale is midstory... once upon a time and the happily ever after has already happend... and THE END is far far away.......

I admire every single persons strength and determination on this here forum.... the odds are truly against us.... but we shall all raise against those odds.... Its hard not to settle for whats easy, in our case a man or women who resides in the same town, knows the same people, knows the same ways etc etc..... its hard to fight for what you want when its so far away and seems impossible, its hard to stay strong and believe that good things come to those who wait and know that nothing good comes easy... NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY. Its hard to put your faith in god hands and let him pave your way, its hard to be loyal and resiliant and to avoid temptaion and to trust a man or women with your heart and soul that lives 5000 miles away... ITS HARD.

But god is good... real good... and through him all things in this world are possible.

I wish everyone a good night and the sweetest of dreams, and for everyone who is in bad spirits to lift themselves up and out of it as soon as possible and for those who are in good spirits to stay there for as long as possible... The devil pries on those who are weak, and during this testing time we cannot let him enter our thoughts or soul or body!

Those who exahult themselves will be humbled and those who are humble wil be exahulted!

hugs xoxoxox

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Lonely_wife, we met on the net too, and most people still don't understand how I could marry my husband! I even lost a friend for almost a year because she refused to accept the relationship, told me flat out that she disapproved of me meeting someone on the net and agreeing to marry him, and I wasn't going to stand for it, if you can't support me and trust my judgement, how the heck can you call yourself my friend? Anyways, we stayed connected on FB even though we didn't talk, and she finally called me and apologised after seeing all the pictures and how happy we are, and we are friends again.

Like your husband, I have few friends here. In my family though I have a very strong support system, because marrying people outside our own ethnicity is kind of a family tradition from way back, my grandmother's grandfather came to Jamaica from Scotland, married a black girl, my mother's father is Indian, my father's grandfather was German, my brothers' wives are American, I have a cousin married to a Japanese girl, so they were not fazed by my white husband! Without their unstinting support I don't know where I would be, hubby was just saying to me earlier how quickly they accepted him and how he is glad to be part of a family, it is something he has not really known much of his life.

People will talk, we just have to keep living our lives. Love your loved ones, treasure the times you can be together, and just hold on to the fact that we are all working to be together in the long run!

Thanks, I can't wait to get it off my hands. Hubby said I have done my part, it is time for him to do his and get this thing in the works.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
KC... well did my family try to change my mind and i said the samething and they all came to our wedding, reception and honeymoon in jamaica... they all had a blast got to know hubby and fell also in love with him... i must admit when reading you story and you saying how hubby dedicated all his time to you wow... i must admit unlimited talk with freedom wireless was wicked back then and we would both fall asleep on the phone... hubby would hurry home from work to come chat and we would stay on the phone for hours... after freedom wireless came flow but the unlimited home line is not the same... he still has to get about 5 claro and digicel 1000 mins a month to cover for the time when he is not home... i can't wait til all of this is over... but i keep my head up i'm sure i'm at the end of my waiting period....

CharlieD... I lost of friend as well from this process and let me tell u I wasn't so lucky to find the friendship again... I guess she is not a friend in the end... She straight out told me that my husband was using me for papers without even knowing him or ever talking to him... she did not know we spent every day and night on the phone, net but yet still judge us... I told her straight out that I had enuff of dealing with the same thing with my family and I didn't want it coming from friends too... She got offended and never spoke to me again... oh well her lost... I have some family members that married to other culture but never that married to someone out of the country but there is a first for everything...

ladyposh

Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
Doc's Request.
04-13-2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 10, 2010
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04/13/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/15/2011
LANDED..........
05/28/2011
I know these stories all to well...I have experienced everyone telling me that I am crzy and how he will leave and he only wants his docs....but guess what??? They do not know what we are feeling and what we have shared! I think I am a good judge of character and this is my life so I am going to live it. I love my husband and god forbid if something happens when he comes and we breakup, not going to haopen, but if it does, at least I can say I was able to find love and receive love in this life of mine.

People I find are way too negative and I think by giving someone support when things are good and bad is the greatest gift you can give someone who you say you love and care and about.

COME ON KINGSTON THIS IS A NEW WEEK....LET"S GO!!!!