+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONEI hope you all had a wonderful night with loved ones. Nae I bet was dancen in the street..lol. A new year has began with promise of awesome updates and even better reunions taking place. I for one want to thank you all for the past yr I was here. Awesome bunch of people. I pray for a great year for us all. And for KG to move swiftly and send family home. And babies lol.. ;D.

Hugs to you all.

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
Happy New Year

RandysGirl

Nov 25, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
11-11-2011
File Transfer...
14-01-11
Med's Request
11-11-11
Med's Done....
11-09-2010/12-10-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
01-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-12
LANDED..........
29-02-12
Here is to 2011, may we be reunited with our loved ones. Still waiting to hear from CIC mabe in the next 2 weeks, then I can breathe a little easier! :D

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Hello n Good Evening to all, been a minute since I touch in with all of you, just wanted with wish everyone a successful and prosperous New Year yea, and may you all have great success in your migration endeavours!..No updates from me as a matter of fact my ting look like it gonna b pushed back even further to get started, plus i am real nervous about changing my status with rev can, only because I depend a LOT on my child tax credit, and even tho income wise I will still get it if they cut me off for a coupke months I am screwed! So kinda depressed but thankful for life n the things I have...Blessings to u all.

H

highlyfavored

Hey everyone and to lonywife God bless u girl and God bless everyone this my gift to u for the new year
anything u are believing God for start saying the END at the BEGINNING and it shall come to pass sooner than ever so start saying i have my Canada Permanent Resident Visa Now I have favor with all Canadian Counsel in Jesus name say that everyday and watch what God will do as from now we are going to speak what we want to see and not what we are seeing its not easy to do but it wont hurt if we try i believe we all can do this love u guys this year is the best of the best in Jesus name WOWWEEEE!!!!!

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, im pretty new here so im just as clueless... I'm a mother of 3 trying to sponsor my husband whos in jamaica to come to canada. we've been together for 5 years and been married for 4 years, we also have a 3 year old daughter as well. its pretty hard being apart and i really do hope get a miracle so he can get here soon because i miss him so much! ive sent our applications and necessary documents off since nov 19th and now im waiting to know if we're approved so his file can be sent to kingston.

please feel free to give me any advice or any form of information that may help, thanks inadvance and i look forward to knowing everyone

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey proper :D Welcome to KG!

Your application is off, so our resident update keeper, Nae-nae, will add you to the list of applicants on this thread!

Stick and stay, everyone is still recovering from the holidays, and some spouses are visiting here in Jamaica with their loved ones, so it might be a bit quiet until everyone is back.

May I ask, was your husband in Canada or able to visit before, is that why you guys waited to sponsor him? You can tell me to mind my own business, I won't take it anyway ;)

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol, its ok... My husband has never been to canada. I got pregnant right after we got married and took some time with our daughter after she was born.. therefore i wasnt working and couldnt start the process until i was back to work. now seeing the time everyone is posting that the process takes makes me regret even more than i waited this long... im trying not to lose my mind.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Ahh gotcha. I have never been to Canada either. Met my hubby online, he came here to meet me, we got married and lived together for 5 months before he returned to Canada for medical reasons. We are finalising my application, it was delayed while I waited for my FBI clearance because I went to college in the US for a while. Hoping to have it sent off by month end.

Well, with KG it is definitely a waiting game. If you look at the CIC website and check out the office audits, you can see where KG was reviewed based on the number of staff they have in the Immigration section and how long it takes them to process cases. However, to be positive, there has been some good activity in the months of November and December, and that has been very encouraging! They are also making an effort to send out Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letters again to applicants, for the longest while some persons in here didn't get one.

This is a good place to be to deal with the separation anxiety. Everyone here is in the same boat, and they try to encourage, help and keep it positive, I have nothing but good things to say about these ladies and the one gent who I "met" here. It isn't easy to explain to people who have never dealt with it, so to be among people who understand without explanations is a good feeling.

So...as I said before...stick and stay :)

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hello everyone!!!!

Hey proper... welcome among us... you are at the right place here to definatly get some support here when needed... hang in there... KG have been working very hard at lowering the wait to reunite spouses together.... i hope you had nice holidays and i can't wait to get to know you on the forum....

Charlie... how are you my dear??? I hope you had a wonderful holiday... I just want to let you know that I still haven't heard nothing since the MP emailed KG... Will let you know if that works for me...

Nae I hope you arrived safely and that you are having a wonderful time with your hubby :p I am praying for you hun... and hoping KG calls while you are there...

I wish everyone a wonderful day :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Hey lonely_w!

My holidays were great, spent quietly at home in Sheffield (near Negril) with my mom and niece. Went nowhere, did nothing special, just spent a whole heap of time on the laptop with hubby, LOL.

OK, well I hope you hear something positive.

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Hey Charlie... I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one that had a very quiet one.... work was crazy over the holidays... so between working lots and trying to spend some time with hubby on skype i didn't do too much... visited the fam between christmas and new years as I live 3 hours away from my family... I definatly hope I hear something positive as well but I am ready for no answer as some have mentionned that it don't make a difference... but let's wait and see what happens... i trying to stay positive... lets hope that helps lol hahahaha

H

highlyfavored

WELCOME TO YOU PROPER U WILL ENJOY THE COMPANY THE PEOPLE HERE ARE KIND AND LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE HAPPY NEW YEAR

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Greetings all...

just popping in to say hi and wish everyone a belated merry christmas and happy new year... hope santa was good to one and all... I had my gall bladder out on christmas eve, so it was a quiet holiday season for me... just taking it easy and enjoying EATING again :)

welcome proper... i'm sorry you've been separated so long... they say there's no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, but paying those fees without an income would likely be tough! but try not to stress it... onward and upward, those years together must have given you enough proof to have a pretty airtight case, so hopefully it won't be a long process for you... i WAS pregnant when we got married, so i spent my leave (and waited out the paperwork) on the rock... my husband had never been to Canada, but did live in the UK for most of our time together...

mrslwsn... i don't think changing your status with revenue canada will have any impact on your CCTB or other payouts... they will ask you to declare your hubby's income, i think many of us filed our SO's income as $0 and i've not heard of them asking for any further documetation... they seem to be happy with that... I filed my hubby's '09 income as i think 6000CAD and it dropped my GST by 30 (but upped that new OST by 30, CCTB was unchanged so netted out at no lost $)... (normally i don't even get those, love maternity leave for that... and the nice tax return!) ... I did need to fill out that world income paper for him to get that HST rebate cheque (they held it back until they got it, but they did eventually send it out)... but i digress... seriously, don't worry about it... just do it!!! i've not heard of anyone getting dinged because of it... when you file your taxes you'll get asked about his SIN (just but 99999999 or xxxxxxxxx or something) and then they'll ask if he's a canadian resident (no) and if you resided together (no)... if he's not a canadian and you didn't live together, you can still file one of your children as equiv to spouse, so your tax return $$ stays the same too... sorry for the ramble... I had to plow thru this myself last year so i thought i'd share my knowlege :)

okay all... need to do something work related before i go home.... :)

proper

Jan 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank ladies, you all seem so supportive and i really do need that right now... thanks again everyone!