Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kc - how are you? how's baby? congrats to kidd!!! good news....if she didn't get a police redo request and my hubby hasn't gotten one yet....maybe they won't bother asking for it (fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed) I'm glad you posted today to remind me about the BF dates....hubby's AOR letter was dated Sept 27 so perhaps his next BF date should be Nov 27? We have hit the 6 month mark this week...YAY for us lol

sheraig - aww big hugs to you! you should come to us when you're feeling down....we all know how it feels and we are all here to support you! and canuck always makes us laugh no matter what. I hope you're feeling better!! it's been a very long haul for you...you've made it this far, just keep your chin up and keep on keepin on!! you're a tremendously strong woman for making it this far, I know you can make it to the end!!

2010 - Welcome!!!! you have come to the right place. My suggestion on timelines is to look back to see jamwifey's post on timelines....it is different for everyone. Could be 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, 15 months....every file is different. This year, there seems to be more of a trend of around 7 months but nobody but KG knows for sure what's going on with timelines. They just updated their timeline to a standard 15 months so who knows. Once your file is transferred to KG you should get a letter of acknowledgment (AOR) in the mail with a file number on it. Some people get one right away, some never get one and in my case, my husband's file was received in KG on Jun 28/10 (according to their letter) and they sent their acknowledgement letter on Sept 27/10. I haven't heard of them emailing anyone. Your best bet is to check ecas, log in with your own file number and once they start processing your husband's file, it will show as "in process" next to his name. Click on that and it will say when they started processing the file. If you haven't found the website yet here it is ....

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Chelley... yes, she has all the original birth paper and marraige licence and is sending it via registered mail or courier to kingston from Toronto direct... she wants to track that all... I already told her that will be the best way to do it... even if it costs more - she agrees!

Hi nae nae :) baby is doing great... get to find out what the little peanut is on Thursday... boy or a girl...as long as baby co-operates! fingers crossed! I am doing great too... getting bigger and bigger but at least I am now looking pregnant, and not just having all the side effects... even though i shouldnt complain things are much better in the 2nd trimester.

2010 - Nae gave you some great advice... you can also go to trackitt.com (you might want to google the website, not sure if that is exactly right) and search Kingston Jamaica embassy and see the timelines there as well.... from what we have seen if your husband is bringing children, if he has left the country before, etc this seems to add a bit of time on to the case... but, the fact that you have not heard a Peep from Kingston is prefectly normal.... most people have been waiting while before any news from them.

If your case is standard and you are not missing any thing and your medicals and police check do not expire, you should receive AOR (acknoweldgement orf receipt) (mail) then you will receive original document requests (mail) then you will receive Passport request (phone call) Your medical is only valid for one year... hopefully you did it as close to sending off the file as possible........... when did you do your medical? (or hubbies medical i should say)

Thank you nae nae and kc for answering my questions...ur answers are appreciated
hubbies medical was done in aug 2010.
im gonna try out the websites right now and see what i get from them. once again thank you

I have checked ecas and it says a decision has been made beside my husbands name but, underneath the permanent resident status part it says not available. Both the sponsorship papers and permanent paper were sent together to the CIC. However, CIC had sent me a letter regarding the sponsorship approval on Oct 5, 2010 and said the file was transferred to Jamaica. I am assuming that the Kingston office has the permanent resident part of my husbands file now . my next question is, when Kingston starts to process the permanent resident application part of my husbands file will this be shown on ecas as well?
we sent everything all together in sept and all were done in august of 2010--->medical, police check and the whole 9...I'm hoping they don't ask for any thing else as everything they need is all completed.

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
hey guys how ya doing .

real quiet in here

hubbys meds were done 29 nov2009.the io asked if i could bok a ticket before that which i did. i gave her until the 19 and booked the date/ticket tentaively.
i got a good vibe so i purchased the ticket the the night before he went to the embassy.last week before thursday .i forget ..my head is in the cloud now .someone else dropped off same day??

anyways he picked up his pp in one week and hes coming for the 19th

i pray for all of you to all get through be fore christmas

i will still come on and check up on eveybody.ive been here 2 years inm not leaving now!!!!

hey nae nae...b4 getting ur AOR, how did u know specifically when KG was processing ur file? does this show on ecas and if so, were under? i checked my ecas and it said a decision was made (they already approved the application and sent it to KG, this I already knew from b4) and that's all i see.

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
oops....I must have read that wrong kmc. I thought I read on one of your earlier posts that the ticket was for Nov 29....oops :-[ jammy was right....wow that's only 3 more days. You must be totally excited kmc!

2010 - I knew KG was processing the file through ecas. Under the permanent resident part where it currently says "not available" - it will change to "in process" once they have started processing your hubby's file. Once it changes, you can click on it and it will show a 1 liner stating the date they started processing his file. If it currently says not available, chances are they have not yet started processing. Mine wasn't updated until Aug 4 when hubby's file was received on Jun 28. So for you not to have any info is quite normal at this point. It's still early for you. If you really want to, you can call the call centre for CIC Mississauga and they can tell you when they sent the file to KG. I don't think they can tell you much more than that.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
2010 that is normal... you will see that you have been approved for sponsorship on ecas and it wil say not available for your hubbies part. sorry to tell you but ecas doesnt get updated very often for us going through the KNG embassy.

None of us know for sure when KNG really received our file but it is an average of about a week after the date that Mississauga sent off your file from here in Canada. Check your letter and estimate....

You will be able to see progress on your ecas for your hubby, if and when it get updated... My husband was here before they even said that they had received his medicals and that his proces was complete... its not like that for all... but i still checked ecas every day. :)

the time line of approx 15months posted on the website for KNG starts when KNG receives your file. As you can see from Jamwifey's postings and from trackitt some get through in 5 months some take a lot longer.

Its a good thing you did your medical so close to the time that you sent off the package to missisauga.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
KMC you must be exstatic! 3 more days.... perfect! I hope you enjoy the last few days preparing for your life to finally start again!!!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
kc I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks at ecas everyday lol in my mind I know it won't change but I look anyway...silly but the day I saw it changed to "in process" was very exciting for me. I know it's silly but any news, no matter how small it is, is exciting for me!

2010 - the only reason I knew my husband's file was sent on Jun 28 was because I had sent off the right of permanent residence fees (RPRF) about 2 or 3 weeks after I sent the whole package in. I received the sponsorship approval letter and response to the sponsorship fees but not the RPRF fees. I waited awhile and didn't receive a letter confirming receipt of the RPRF fees right away. The nervous nelly that I am, was fretting over whether or not the RPRF fees were received. So I called the call centre for CIC Mississauga. They didn't have the fees received in their system but told me the PR app was sent to KG on Jun 28...my sponsorship approval letter was dated Jun 23. I then got a letter about a week later confirming receipt of RPRF fees so I stopped worrying about that and began worrying about the AOR letter lol. When hubby finally got his AOR letter from KG, he read it to me.....it said they received the file on Jun 28. I don't know if everyone's AOR letter is like that or not.

so in short...kc is right, I would also recommend estimating about a week after your sponsorship letter is dated.

geez I think I should change my name to "nervous and impatient" lol :p :p :p

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Greetings all... Typing this uncomfortable and bored from the ER where I'm waiting to see if today is the day my gall bladder will be removed... After a year of attacks, I'm ready to just get it over with, but I guess that's not my call to make... Argh!

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Chelley, my cousin just had her gall bladder removed... she recovered very nicely and is totally back to normal and sooo glad she had the opp. Good luck with that! Any surgery is not fun, so I hope eveything goes well... let us know!

Sickntiredofjamaica

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Homophobic Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
Med's Done....
January 5, 2009
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
November 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2010
LANDED..........
December 16, 2010
lol @ nae nae

lets go kingston lets go :p :p :p :p :p :p

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
aww chelley!!! I hope there is something they can do for you. I don't like to wish surgery on anyone but it it's going to help, it's best to go that route. Let us know how it goes

yah KG....what sick said! lol

ok I am so bored at work and actually don't like working!! I need to win the lottery so I don't have to do this job anymore 8)

where is everyone? canuck....we need a joke to keep us awake here

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon my forum family. Everybody good? kc, soon gonna realize that little johnnie is healthy and well.
Nae-nae here is one for you
A sign in the Bank Lobby reads: "Please note that this Bank is
installing new "Drive-through" teller machines enabling customers to
withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles. Customers using this new
facility are requested to use the procedures outlined below when
accessing their accounts. After months of careful research, MALE &
FEMALE procedures have been developed. Please follow the appropriate
steps for your gender."

MALE PROCEDURE

1. Drive up to the cash machine.

2. Put down your car window.

3. Insert card into machine and enter PIN.

4. Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.

5. Retrieve card, cash and receipt.

6. Put window up.

7. Drive off.

FEMALE PROCEDURE

1. Drive up to cash machine.

2. Reverse and back up the required amount to align car window with the machine.

3. Set parking brake, put the window down.

4. Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.

5. Tell person on cell phone you will call them back and hang up.

6. Attempt to insert card into machine.

7. Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car.

8. Insert card.

9. Re-insert card the right way.

10. Dig through handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page.

11. Enter PIN.

12. Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.

13. Enter amount of cash required.

14. Check makeup in rear view mirror.

15. Retrieve cash and receipt.

16. Empty handbag again to locate wallet and place cash inside.

17. Write deposit amount in check register and place receipt in back of checkbook.

18. Re-check makeup.

19. Drive forward 2 feet.

20. Reverse back to cash machine.

21. Retrieve card.

22. Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided.

23. Give appropriate one-fingered hand signal to irate male driver waiting behind you.

24. Restart stalled engine and pull off.

25. Redial person on cell phone.

26. Drive for 2 to 3 miles.

27. Release Parking Brake.