Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Angella & VW!!! Thank you, my sisters. It is truly the blessing and favour of God. It is nothing that I have done but it is all because of Calvary. :D

Forum family: To those that are waiting. Remember the progress is hard and it's full of tests and challenges, but these are the challanges that will allow your relationship to grow roots. When you come out of this "refining fire" your relation will be as pure gold. Amen & Amen!

Be blessed, continue to hold the faith and stay blessed. ;D

Sickntiredofjamaica

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Homophobic Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
Med's Done....
January 5, 2009
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
November 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2010
LANDED..........
December 16, 2010
@Angel yes i have lived in Canada for almost 3 years...we got married november 18,2009 in canada

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good afternoon forum ;D

Well hubby is doing his med re-dos today and the police check will be ready on Tuesday...so looks like he can drop everything off next week...Then we start the waiting game again. I am curious how long after med/police re-dos does it usually take to get the PP call :) We are still in shock that there is a possibility they will be home in less than 2 months ;D ;D

Hope everyone is having a great day ;D I am heading to the Lobby to check how the students are doing with the Pumpkin carving and Halloween costume contest. :eek:

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi forum family... wha gwan!

just a quick question for those ladies and gents in JA. Hubby is going for his first doctor appointment today and I am sure the doctor is going to be suprised that he has never had a family doctor, has only had his blood taken for aids tests and for when he came to Canada, he has never had any shots (that he can remember) for hepatitis, measels, mumps, rhubella, polio, or any other kinda shots that we are forced to get (most of my shots were done in the UK, but are standard in most 1st world countries) he has never done an allergy test but his has quite a few allergies, mostly fish, seafood, and im pretty sure grass or ragweed or something like that, and also certain nuts.. obviously he has found out the hard way - some more serious than others... and the list goes on of normal doctor practices that we have that he has never had before...

my question is to those in JA.... is there any standard procuderes with children, thinking back 30 years ago or so.... that all children must do.. such as shots, tests, etc.. or if he was born at the hospital are there certain shots they give them, or force you to give your child at like 1 month or so.... he has briefly asked his parents but being one of 8 children and his parents being into their 70s they dont recall anything like that, and neither does he.... they were not the type of family to go to the hospital living in the country I am pretty sure most were born at home..... I think he has been to the hospital one time in his life and that was about 3 years ago when he fell and badly hurt his back and neck and wanted to check that everything was good... other than that its been mamas lovin that has healed all other illnesses.

Thanks in advance for your replies...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Kc - I am 34, and from what I remember, yes, my parents had to get me fully immunised by the time I was leaving primary school at age 11. I would not have been accepted into HS without proof of immunisation, and I had a booster shot for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) while I was in HS.

I remember we had a small yellow card which we took to the clinic each time we received shots, it was updated and signed by the attending nurse. From what I recall, my mother would have received the card during her post-natal visits shortly after our births.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Thank you so much for your reply Charlie, I am going to try and refresh his memory and talk to him about having to have his shots before HS. Maybe he just has selective memory... who knows... all i know is that where he lives there were 2 different kinda high schools... the high school that kids go to when they didnt pass primary school or didnt do well....and the high school that you go to if you did pass primary school or had potential... i dont konw if that has anything to do with proof of immunisation...thanks again!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Kc - no problem. Yes, that is the two-tiered system of HS in Jamaica. Politics at work. I do not think it makes a difference which kind he went to though, as my older brother went to a "technical/new" HS and I went to a traditional one, we started at the same time and we both had to prove we were fully immunised in order to be accepted.

If memory serves me correctly, there were some changes around the time we started HS that required 2 things from all new students - immunisation records and a certified birth certificate (not the little pink slip they used to give at the hospital which was good enough when we started primary school).

Good luck jogging his memory!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
KC, I think that in the Caribbean they do give out shots for Hep but I am not sure which one it is, plus some other forms of weird illnesses .... as kids growing up the caribbean we all have had one too many shots and I am sure your hubby will find it difficult to remember which ones he got because I surely can't. I think I too must have been OD in shots because I got a few in HS in Canada as well :S

Hope he remembers :D

howmuchlonger

Dec 21, 2009
KC416 - I think there is a blood test that the Dr can do to see what ones you have had because when I went for my initial blood work of this pregnancy the Dr. told me I must have missed my 15 year old booster because my blood work is not showing I had the german measles shot. Not sure if you can find out for all of them but obvisiously some of them for my Dr to be able to know I missed one.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone just checken in looken for those great updates. :D Happy to see Rosiegirl hubby got his things done and handen in next week. I am so sure he will be home before Christmas. So hopefully there will 4 of you busted out before that. Missing,Anxouis and Jammy and her princess and Rosies's hubby.
Hubby is doing good somewhat homesick he was feeling and of out of sorts. Phone been ringing of the hook with his buddies from home. He has a job interview tomorrow so he is happy bout that. He is on the list to get called Mon-tues for another job not far from where we live, they called yesterday about that and some training class for the job. So this one tomorrow is at a food plant and 12hr shifts.hmmm and rotating shifts. Again I may spend nights alone .... :eek:

Angella glad to see you can spend time in JA before hubby come thats great. ;D

Sickntiredofjamaica

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Homophobic Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 7, 2010
Med's Done....
January 5, 2009
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
November 30, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 8, 2010
LANDED..........
December 16, 2010
honestly im gettin real fed up the next Jamaican man that askes me if im a lesbian i swear to God ok i dont kno u u dont kno me y do u need to be all up in my businss

Anywho how are my forum friends????

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sickntiredofjamaica don't let others worry ya. Ppl get all wierd when they don't know something. Pple are rude, and your right if someone don't know ya stay of their business. Soon enough you'll be back here where you won't have to be looken over your shoulder. I remember when where I work hired a girl and she was marrried also to a woman. So what big freaken deal, a few said things but ya ppl will always say things cause they maybe are scared or like I said plain rude. Hold your head high and stay positive throughout.

I have a question for those whose hubbys are back. Do we need to contact Revenue Canada or anything like that. There was a section in the welcoming binder that said about applying for GST what is that all about?

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Good day Forum,
I've not been able to check in often,
Battling some stuff on the home front, God is still in Control though, I wont ever lose sight of that. But I logged in now, and I'm really happy to see all the new Members, a warm Welcome Everyone dont wanna call names and miss out anyone.
I'm especially Happy about the updates... looks like Kgn is serious about shipping out some veterans before the new year. Way to go Kgn.
on the other hand I'm really sorry to hear of some of the Losses and trials some folks have had to deal with recently. I know how hard stuff like that can be, even though my experience is not yours and vice versa.

But having first hand experience with loss and and my fair share of Saltness and Crosses, I can only say to you, "This too shall pass" Just stay Strong.
Sickntired: Dont put too much on your mind my Dear Immigration is stressful as it is already.
try and dismiss any uncomfortable comments, you need to stay positive during this process its hard enough as it is,
there are so many Gay/Lesbian and Bisexual people these days even Co-existing within some of our very homes and Family, yep that close, wether or not its a nice thought for some of us to entertain.
We just have to learn to see each other as being just human and easy on the Titles and subsequent bashing. and consider how certain comments may make someone else feel.
we are all here Gay, lean or Straight, with one thing in common. Immigration. and in Kgn eyes its business as usual whatever our Sexual Orientation.

Anxsious: soon Girl soon.

Bless up everyone
Godbless

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Speaking of Kgn, it seems they do respond to pressure,
they not easy one bit, they emailed today Promising me an AOR in 2-3 weeks.
(yep an AOR promise)
but not actually confirming receipt of my application. stress.... If I ever laugh I will pee up miself
I'm not even going to try and make sense of it. lol

Just wondering how the hell they can tell me they will issue me an AOR IN 2-3 weeks, if they were not able to confirm on their system and see that they have my file gathering dust.

Any who. the only reason it looks like they emailed, is because of a phone call Hubby got Tuesday. From the Ministers Office in Ottawa. (Courtesy of that lovely email we sent reminding them of their own timelines for initial Correspondence) the lady on the phone said that a B number was not Assigned yet but that Kgn had indeed received our File, since she is able to see my meds being received.
(dont know maybe update is against hubby's details for now, clueless how they work ???)

So she suggested writing again if we got no update in another month or so.
so now Kgn decided to remember that mi exist. tru wha? Coincidence? not at all, Minister office ask dem what happen man. Retch dem
They have to know that they cant just tell people dont call, dont come. and expect us to tan tuddy, not knowing whats going on.
afterall they got paid for the service they sometimes refuse to provide.
lets see what happens after the 2-3 weeks.
I'd be happy just knowing that my case has been assigned to an IO.

All in all, the lickle news better than nothing at all. so mi ago give dem till December.
then its email time again.
;)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Godblesswife said:
Speaking of Kgn, it seems they do respond to pressure,
they not easy one bit, they emailed today Promising me an AOR in 2-3 weeks.
(yep an AOR promise)
but not actually confirming receipt of my application. stress.... If I ever laugh I will pee up miself
I'm not even going to try and make sense of it. lol

Just wondering how the hell they can tell me they will issue me an AOR IN 2-3 weeks, if they were not able to confirm on their system and see that they have my file gathering dust.

Any who. the only reason it looks like they emailed, is because of a phone call Hubby got Tuesday. From the Ministers Office in Ottawa. (Courtesy of that lovely email we sent reminding them of their own timelines for initial Correspondence) the lady on the phone said that a B number was not Assigned yet but that Kgn had indeed received our File, since she is able to see my meds being received.
(dont know maybe update is against hubby's details for now, clueless how they work ???)

So she suggested writing again if we got no update in another month or so.
so now Kgn decided to remember that mi exist. tru wha? Coincidence? not at all, Minister office ask dem what happen man. Retch dem
They have to know that they cant just tell people dont call, dont come. and expect us to tan tuddy, not knowing whats going on.
afterall they got paid for the service they sometimes refuse to provide.
lets see what happens after the 2-3 weeks.
I'd be happy just knowing that my case has been assigned to an IO.

All in all, the lickle news better than nothing at all. so mi ago give dem till December.
then its email time again.
;)
Ok seriously now, I think you are over reacting to this whole CIC process. It hasn't even been 6 months since your application has been in process and here you are whining and complaining that CIC isn't doing their job. You should change your name from being "Godblesswife" to "ImpatientWife" because this is all I gather from you. Give it 6 months or more and then put in your inquiries.

The reality is your application is not the only application sitting in the KG office waiting to process. There are people in this forum who have had their applications in process (over 2 years) longer then you have and not one of them has complained about it taking forever in it's developing stages. I think you need to relax, take a chill pill and let your application go through its "normal processing" which I think is anywhere between 7-15 months for the KG office.

It's a waiting game for all of us. Some of us go through it faster then others but the reward is worth every single wait. According to your name, I am certain you are a big believe in GOD and you should already know that "God only gives us what we can handle" or "what god has in store for us no man can take" or " PATIENCE IS VIRTUE"

Your turn will come but the more you bitch and complain about it, it will take longer. Just let it be!