July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Welcome Mylilangel and JamaicaninCanada

There is not a better place on the web to get info and support if you are going through the KG office. And believe me you will need the support.

Jamaicanincanada: Lord your name long...lol so I will call you JAMCAN. What is your timeline like? Have you filed yet?

Mylilangel: Did you receive the AOR from Kingston or Canada?

Hope your process is fast and painless.

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
sheraig said:
Nae: i could not believe that part...it was crazy..I read it three times to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding....noooo sah!!

Wha unu say PATTY SHOP ::)

I'm sure maybe my file inna Mr. Retiree batch..I submitted docs since March 09 and all know...cant hear gunfire....

Larks it past depressing...people a treat people suh man? :'(
There you go maybe the one who look after my husband file is the one that retire thats why until now we haven`t heard anything and i also email back my mp who never reply to me as well as olivia chow and none of them get back to me even kingston. :mad: :mad: :mad:all are BS

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
hey all...

sherig that audit was just sad... it seems the only thing kgn is doing quickly is the temporary work permits.. and from what i've heard there's plenty of greasing of the palms there, so we know what talks in kgn (if we didn't already)... it's pretty obvious that incompetence has reigned a little too long there... hopefully they are going to have some accountability SOON!

interesting chat with the minister... it seems that at the federal level they are too busy defending immigration to actually do anything about it.. and yes, economic-ly sound immigration would likely be the best way to do it so there we are back to letting families suffer... (although the point about the temp workers being processed so quickly while skilled are dragged thru hell and back is a great one... they aren't even getting their own ducks in order... ah well... )

so my son turned one last week... little big man is all into everything, climbing stairs, into cupboards, dishwashers, (not walking yet tho)... so much trouble all bundled up into one adorable package... and i'm in my 3rd week back at work... starting to get back into the swing of things... they paid out a bonus while i was gone, so i get it next week on my pay... wheeeeeeeeeeee! most of it will go to visa i'm sure, but maybe i'll sneak something for myself... trying to decide who will get that bit.. coach, or sony... or ????? lol... money just can't stay in my hands for long... luckily i have a good financial advisor and good investments or i'd be screwed!

mylilangel... not sure who is left with a ARC... confusedandscared is one, but he's going thru POS, not KGN, he just likes to come over and hang out with us :) ... missing who posted right before me is one too, you can see she's been drawn out for 2 years now... sassy was one too... i think her timeline was 16ish months... homesoon had one too...went pretty quick, 9m i think... so it really is all over the place... if you read back you'll see a spreadsheet with our timelines and a few notes on it... also check into trackitt on which just about everyone here has shared a detailed timeline for...

welcome to jamaicanincanada and other new posters too...

Jammy... must feel great to know that you're in the final stretch... lets hope its a short one!!

sherig and missing, one of ya'll got to bust soon... the next update needs to be from one of you two since we need to get 2007/2008 OFF the spreadsheet to make room for the 2010 and soon 2011'ers... 2009'ers got to get on moving too!!!!

hope all is well... hopefully we'll get an update tomorrow... or more than one!

take care all

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Chelley: i love reading your posts!

You get bonus all though you were off...seriously :eek:

GIrl, I'm praying that we hear something soon...MIssing, our time is coming.
I understand your frustration....trust mi...its just too sad..

Chu mi nuh have nothing fi grease nobody palm wid :mad:...dem luddy!
Wicked people man..

Guys lest give it till the end of the mnths when its said that there training will be finalised.

Rosumel: u fall rihgt in place when they resume full fledge...

I wish i could just snap my fingers and be done with this darn heartwrneching process.. I hate it sooooo much!

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
@ jamwifey26
Hey jamwifey I have not started to file as yet. I have lived with my other half of almost six years since December 2009. We are going to file under Family-common law spouse, so i have 2 more months before I meet the one year requirement. Planning on filing through the CIC-Buffalo office because they have a quick processing time there. Is your processing almost finished in Kingston?

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
thanx for the welcome chelley :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
sheriag... awww thanks... i'm not here as much as i'd like, but i do think of ya'll thru the process... i know you're skilled class, what is the profession if you don't mind me asking?

jamaicanincanada... you're welcome :)

do you have an open US visa (1yr or more) or residency? since you've been researching you probably know you need that to apply thru US... My hubby was in the UK when we applied... we decided to apply thru kingston because from our research we would have been on a slow track in London (which can be very slow, they interview just about 100% of applicants who aren't from UK but are applying thru there and the background checks are much more indepth)... where in Kgn his standing UK visa could be seen as a plus rather than a detriment... (hope that makes sense)... not sure if the US works similarly, but you might want to dig a bit deeper and see how non-US citizens fare going thru there... our decision worked to our advantage and we were thru in 4m, i wouldn't be surprised if we were still in the process in London even tho their averages are faster... sorry for the ramble, just thought i'd share our logic with you so you can best prepare...

okay back to work!

missinmyboo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
canada jamaica
hi all

update update update

my hubby is going for his interview nov 2,10 and them tell him to come with documents and passtport yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

big up to all and new face

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Great news missin, I guess they must have left someone back from the training to actually do something

YardieMy

Sep 30, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2009
AOR Received.
05-02-2010
File Transfer...
13-01-2010
Med's Request
01-02-2011
Med's Done....
11-09-2009 & 18-03-2011
Interview........
01-02-2011
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2011
LANDED..........
20-08-2011
Evening to all!

Sheraig: thanks for posting that link

It's nothing new to us, they could as save the money it took for the audit and ask us... We would have been able to tell them what's wrong with KG!

Am I making up things or I read somewhere that they should answer to any inquiries we make in a 30 days delay? Cause if so I'll prepare myself to send them a ychtib mail to know wha gwaan wid mi file as my MP told me that they wouldn't have any other communication with them before end of January.
Can't beleive that in 8 months the only time they had time to do is look if the file was complete and no docs were missing! I really have to try something before hubby tun mad!

Welcome to all the new members :)

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
@shelley
4 months is a really good time. Glad to hear that you got through in such a short time.
I have a non-immigrant US Visa and I currently live in Canada came here in 2007 on a study permit finished school in December 2009 and I am now in Canada on an Open Post Graduation work permit. I had initially intended to apply Inland(in Canada) since this is where I am but the processing times for Inland applications are a bit longer for example they are just processing applications that were received in January 2010. After looking at some other forums and the processing times for Buffalo I decided to go with that office. I went to the CIC Buffalo site to check if I could apply through through there even though I don't live in the US and I saw this:

'Family Class

You may submit your application for permanent residence to the Regional Program Centre in Buffalo if you have been lawfully admitted to Canada or the United States for a period of at least one year. If you cannot meet this standard, you must submit your application to the Canadian Visa Office serving your country of nationality.'

Also I didnt want to do inland because I saw that there is no right of appeal with inland apps. whereas with outland apps. there is a right of appeal. Oh yeah and since I live in Ottawa its easier (and cheaper) to get to Buffalo than to Kingston in case I need to go in for an interview.
So far I have come across a couple of non US permanent residents that have gone through buffalo and fared well. But based on your info I will continue to look for more and see what there experience was like going thru there.

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
@ missin
Congrats to ur husband sounds like he is almost done.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Hey everyone

Quite the bombshell about KG ...AUDIT....In june HMMMMMM...Thats just very frustrating to read ...I mean as a person whom was dragged out for 15 months i can totally be pissed at the thought ...I hope they get there a-holes moving over there ..People deserve answer in a resonable fashion..And KG have been SLACK LONG ENOUGH...

Disgusting thats all i can say!!

Hey missing OMG good going girl ...I am very happy for you ....So you have a interview...Thats not always great BUT i am sure you and hubby will BREEZE through it...I wish you the best of luck!! I am here sheering for you guys my freind!! FINALLY A UPDATE FOR YOU !! WHAAAAA HOOOOOOO!!!

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS.....Stick around ...I am a OLD timer whos time has come already ...) I am a 08 applicant family class but i am sticken around cause i made some real freinds on here ...I hope your processes are quick for the love of god!!

Sheraig mi freind ...wah gwaan ..yuh good? YUh mus kno ting a sort out and mi a pray fi dat fi you long time ...I was reading your post about wanting to start a family and having to be extra carefull ABOUT GETTING PREGNANT ...I couldnt IMAGINE your frustration everyday ....have to keep that whole heap a money inna deh bank and not draw it ...lawwwd...Girl Mi a pray fi you trus mi tonight ....mi and hubby cau girl dat nuh easy....and all you skilled worka dem ....from long time ...deserve sintin cause dat long draw out wait unnessesary...Keep strong lady ...I am praying for your family to get through soon!!

Jammy....Whaaaa hooo YES YES...I am soo happy fi you ...yuh almost done girl ...just a matter of time..suppose the likkle gyal happy dont...So anyways what she feeling right now is she really excited about this big move ...

Chelly ...awwww ...tell the likkle big man HAPPY BDAY...so cute ..

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
jamaicanincanada... yes, as long as you have the US visa i think you're good to apply thru there...

I'm sure it's much more common there than thru the UK just because of the convienence factor... so the US is likely quite different (the UK has the reputation of being more of a gateway from the middle east, and i suspect much of the immigration red tape in those circumstances is a bit of a push from the US anyways)...

it seems like you're doing all your research which will be very helpful.. the process alone can knock you for a loop if you're not prepared!

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
@ chelley
So true chelley. I was looking at the paperwork the other day and even that seems overwhelming (and I haven't even applied as yet). Plus for common law i going to have to show one whole heap of evidence that we are common law and that our relationship is genuine. So now I just taking the time to start gathering those.