14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
lonelycanadianwifey said:
MAWNING YALLL ......Yippppppe and ITS MONDAY PEEEPS gotta love MON_FRIDAY nuh tru!! When i wa going through the process i hated ...weekends ...cause mi kno seh dem nuh wul on weekends...

Peeps i hope we get news pan dis yah forum .....Anyways Peeps I have officially quit and kickked my habit of 14 years smoking ....YUP I HAVE WENT without a cig for 92 hours......WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hoooooo...So very hard but worth every struggle let me tell you ... I AM A WARRIOR to this addiction it will not defy me ....I am done!!!
How'd you do it LCW? I need the bestest way possible to get my partner to quit. He's tried so many times but it doesn't ever seem to work.... SHARE THAT SECRET gurl :D

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Confused...one thing...don't nag about it :p My hubby smokes cigars and sometimes cigarettes. The cigars I don't mind, but cigarettes drive my asthma mad. Since we started living together, I haven't said a word to him about it, except for one time he kissed me right after smoking cigarettes and I told him to go brush, LOL.

My not saying anything though, has actually worked for me, because he knows how I feel about cigarette smoking, and he has smoked less than a full pack since being here for the past 5 months! In time, I know he will give up the habit all on his own, and the only thing I needed to do was be patient and supportive.

soanxiouswifey

Nov 26, 2009
St.James
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Happy Monday, a new week has begun lets see what it brings!

Sheraig girl im hanging on...

Jammy bless up...

laterz!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
CharlieD10 said:
Confused...one thing...don't nag about it :p My hubby smokes cigars and sometimes cigarettes. The cigars I don't mind, but cigarettes drive my asthma mad. Since we started living together, I haven't said a word to him about it, except for one time he kissed me right after smoking cigarettes and I told him to go brush, LOL.

My not saying anything though, has actually worked for me, because he knows how I feel about cigarette smoking, and he has smoked less than a full pack since being here for the past 5 months! In time, I know he will give up the habit all on his own, and the only thing I needed to do was be patient and supportive.
You know what Charlie, this is actually true indeed. He's told me that the more I nag at him to quit the more he will be compelled to do it. However, I have noticed that when I don't say a word about the whole smoking thing, he can make a pack last for the entire week and he only does it at work and not when I am around. So ya, the nagging thing really doesn't work but I thought it was only with me. Guess it's all around :D

Thanks for sharing love :)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Anytime, mi fren ;)

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Confuse you really have to want to quit there is no secret....I dont have the secret answer the quick fix the must have info ....I just simply have had enough of smoking, waisting my life, smelling, being broke, addiction, ruining my health FOR NO REASON ...believe me if you wanna quit you will quit...I did ...And its not easy because only a smoker knows why they smoke ...Its everything ...You attach a cigarette to everything ...JOY HAPPINESS FEAR FRUSTRATION ANGER morning, after you eat before you go to bed ...OMG you have NPOOOOOO IDEA.....The habit is just as hard as a drug addict going through the withdrawl of heroin ..I know i have been facing my withdraw for a few days but it feels good ...(not really) but mentally i feel happy knowing i am doing this FINALLY ...So to answer it know briefly ..YOUR PARTNER HAS TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!!!

Thanks everyone I really am happy about it ...so the more support i have the better ...YAHHH ...JUst back from the bad as dentist ...the cocain a numb up deh whole a mi head lawwd ave mercy pan mi when deh rhatid cocain lef out a mi face...One of my molars were removed today...What a joyfull expirience !!! MY MY MY :eek: :eek:

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
SAY CHEESEEEEE LCW

Thanks for the little addiction advise ;)

I am very happy that you are getting there and please please please don't ever go back to it because Smoking Kills!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
I am at wuk right now the boss came into our likkle office area and told we all we have a meeting tommarrow....Well i am full of questions...SO i started to talk ...5 mins later ..SHe says i didnt understand a damn word you just said ...Sign out for the rest of the day and go home ...Heaven forbid you answer the phone like that ... ;D ;D ;D What the hell .....Everyone is laughing at me ....I guess it sounds really bad ...Heheheh i dont know why i came back here ...Lawwd ...heheheheh ..I need some food !!! BUT i cant eat ....wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay confuse i wont PROMISE....SO i am ready for the picture....I am smiling .....Cant hold it all day!! lolz

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey eveyone hope all is good. I had to scroll all the way down to find us. People people. lol
Nothing here as far as calls go. One thing I am just very vexed at my manager. She has known for 1 1/2 yrs since this started I was taking 2 weeks when hubby came back I am owed it anyway. The day he called to drop off I let her know. Also keep reminding her I am going when he comes back. Ya Ya no problem its covered. SOOOO today she pipes up and says so any idea when he is coming, what day? I said no we are waiting on the call. However I will be working the day he flys in and going off the day after for my 2 weeks. The District Manager was there and knows everything and has no issue. Well no sooner then I said that and turned around she makes a face at me. WOW. My co-worker came into the kitchen and asked me if I caught that and told me what she did. She had given me attitude when asking me about the day. I am so annoyed at her and know its only cause she doesnt want to work different hrs.
I am praying the call is sooooon like yesterday.. :) to get out of there. HMmmmmm some people.
Why do some people have to be such downers.

Jammie how did you redo's go you did them correct?

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Greetings Everyone!

Kenswife- Don't worry, all is well! Expect that phone call very soon!

Angella- Keep counting, God is Good! All the time!

Forum, expect great things this month!!

Blessings! :)

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
Hi all

Can anyone update
If you can file for an open work permit simulataneously
as you are sending in ur hobby student permit/visa application

regards

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
good morning everyone!!! just popping in to say hello 8)

kenswife - I pray that call comes soon!!! seems like they called in his passport so he wouldn't travel and he had to miss your Florida vacation because of it. They have no hearts, they want to keep people in JA and I have no clue why. Well maybe I do but that's a whole other discussion lol I just hope it's all overwith for you both soon!

lcw - congrats on quitting smoking!!! that's awesome! how are you feeling today? I saw that you had a tooth pulled YIKES!!! I had half of one pulled about a month ago. I had a root canal on the tooth then the damn thing broke right in half down to the gum line. Half of it was secure and half was wiggly. They pulled the wiggly part and boy I almost fainted when I found out what they were going to do. I'm terrifed of the dentist so I could totally relate....the only good part for me was I found out while I was in he chair and didn't have to worry about it for days in advance and there was no nerve so it didn't hurt at all. The dentist froze me anyway. Then he said he didn't know if he could put a crown on it now. The assisstant and I both agreed that since it's a molar in the back on the top, if it broke and had to be pulled nobody would notice anyway. Why pay the trunk load of money for the crown if it's not going to work?

glo - aww that's totally un-professional of your manager! I hope hubby gets the call today and is home for Thanksgiving! That would be awesome for you!!!!! I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed for you ;)

confused - my cousin quit smoking, it's been a year now. She used some kind of new medication where you smoke during the first week of taking it or something like that and it worked for her. She smoked for over 20 years and managed to quit. She raves about the medication saying she was really surprised that once she did quit after a week or so she didn't even crave a cigarette and hasn't touched one since. I don't know if it works for everybody, I think you really have to have the mindset to quit too. But hey, maybe your partner can look into it.

VW - nice to hear from you! how is everything going? you doing ok?

charlie - just wanna let you know I'm thinkin of you....I know hubby goes home tomorrow. Safe journey for hubby and big hugs for you

ok ... back to work!!! lol

nelly72

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I was born and live in Bermuda. My husband is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me for PR. I am trying to see if anyone else from outside the US who are also going through the process were asked for an FBI certificate and never lived in the US. I have never lived in the US but I am an American Citizen through my mother. Will they ask me for one? I provided a police certificate from Bermuda. Appreciate your advice.

All the best to you,
Nell

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Morning everyone! Sunshine woke me up this morning, nice :D

Nae - Thanks for the hugs, big one back to you. We haven't even started packing his things yet, we are just trying to ignore it, LOL. I cried a little bit this morning during our "cuddle time", and he just held me and said nothing. It's going to be hard, I won't lie...but I'm just saying my prayers and thanking God for the 5 months we had together...more will come!

Nelly - I was asked for an FBI certificate as well. I lived in the US though, for about 18 months just after I turned 18 (more than 10 years ago!), I was there on a student visa. I also hold a non-immigrant visa now, so I understand why I need to do the FBI certificate. Also, I do believe from reading the US threads that all Americans are asked to provide their FBI and, in some case, state police certificates. They are not picking on you, lol, they make everybody do it.

Hubby is off seeing about the new account for our electricity, lol. He says he wants his name on the utilities as well, so Immigration will know that if they drag this process out, he can come camp in their backyard :p This new place is going to work out well, LOL, I am close to a DMP and walking distance to the interview if they require one. Now if I could just get a better paying job, we would have the fees faster ::)