28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Dear Mr. Kenny

I am writing you this email to make you aware of the situation in Kingston Jamaica, you see I am presently filing for my husband with this Embassy and today he was at the Embassy for the reason they requested an interview with him on this date scheduled for today September 13, 2010. So after 15 months of waiting for our file to be processed my husband arrives this morning at the Embassy in Kingston only to be called to the front reception and handed a letter with a NEW date for this interview for October 26th,2010. Now my question to you is WHY could someone from that office not have informed us BEFORE of this change of date instead of making my husband travel for 3 hours and pay a taxi for nothing? Why is it this office feels it not worth notifying us before of this change of date for this requested interview? We are and have been patiently waiting for over 1 year now and we have paid all fees upfront. Why is it that we have been treated so unfairly? Money does not grow on trees, say nothing about the emotions we have gone through for these past months of counting down to this day to finally arrive for us. Respect should be shown on both sides. I have attached the letter sent to my husband in June from this Embassy. I ask you why are we being treated like this, a simple email or telephone call would have prevented all this unnessary travel and expenses. Please give me a reason for such lack of respect.

I just sent this email :mad:

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
9-NOV-2010 but received a few days after AOR
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Guys Hubby Just emailed Minister Kenney.

Fingers crossed this should put some heat under them.

I'm sure he wont be Happy that Kgn cant deal with their Business.

I will get Hubby to send me the email and post it.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rose I am so sad for you's right now. If only I was rich I would fly us all down there so we could protest outside IMM. I cant believe that they let ppl come there from all over the island and god knows they aren't all rolling in money just to be told oh sorry not today. If that was hubby oh boy he would have been dragged out yelling and hollering and curse flying. Make noise everyone, great letter also to Minister Kenny. Canada needs to know what is going on there. There is no concept of reuniting famllies. And what I don't get is other countries. A friend who married a Morrocan her man is already back within 1 yr. Never been out of the country neither.
Jammie girl write to them and get hubby to go to his MP. They are to the point of total inconsideration.

Prayer is powerful ppl, band together. Lets be strong for one another as we have been. Keep each other going with words of encourgment.
Maybe these IO have no idea what love and respect and strong marriages are.
Why someone would want to come here and have a better life so they in turn can better the life of loved ones back home.
We will all get through and in the end be stronger for what we all went through. :D

Hugs across the miles to you all.

missinmyboo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
canada jamaica
hi there everyone

i have not being around but when i get the time try to read big up to all the new faceis and big up to the old faceis too is relly sad to see we all are wateing and some ppl come home fast
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

rose i feel it for u girl so much god will work it out for u and the rest off us. so now the baby is 1yrs and my other son is 11 yrs and my hubby has bing gone from march 31 2009 its 12 months in the prosses

guys my hubby just told me ther meybe doing that b/c ther is some things going on with the goverment and the workers they are not geting there right pay so they were not going to work for a bit

stay strong everyone

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Good Day Minister Kenney,
I Trust that by the Grace of God, this Email will find you in good Health and Keeping.
I am very Concerned about the Situation with the Visa Office in Kingston Jamaica,
My Sponsorship was Approved to Sponsor my Wife, after applying in June, 2010, Our Application was Complete with all the Fees, Documents and forms Requested.
There is currently a 6 to 8 weeks timeline to Receive Atleast an AOR from the Visa Office. with the Applicants Client ID Etc.
Till date we have heard nothing. it is now 8 weeks
since my approval Date.

Currently My Wife and I are unable to Check the Jamaican leg of our Application on E-cas Since we are yet to receive acknowledgement from Kingston on our Application. Hence My Wife has no Client ID.

As per your Offices in Missisuaga My Client ID will only give us information on the Sponsorship part of the application here in Canada, but once the file has been sent to Jamaica, we will need to use My wife's details to log in and view Progress.

Emails to Kingston are fruitless and very Generic, and while they ask for personal details to view our file, we only receive generic responses if any. which are not specific to our case or Enquiery.

we have provided email addresses in both parts of the application Telephone Numbers and addresses. so it cant be so difficult to give us an update.
I have Also taken notice of other people who are also being serviced by the Kingston Office and their applications also seem to be on a stand still. with Zero Communication From Kingston.

You just have to go on the internet to see how many people are waiting for even years and hearing nothing from Kingston, its Unbelievable.

When you visit the Embassy for an update, there are People already there waiting for Interviews for hours and then being told to go home and come back in a month, because there is no one to interview them. some of these people came from the other end of the Island to get to Kingston.
There is equally not enough staff to update on the progress of files being processed by the office.

This is suggesting there is some kind of short staffed situation going on at Kingston. because it would be unacceptable to believe they are simply not working.
Mr. Kenney,
I'm a hard Working law abiding Canadian Tax Payer and I want to get on with my Life,
And while I respect and appreciate that the Visa Office has to carefully screen applications to find cases which are not Genuine,
It also becomes very frustrating and devastating, for us when we have to be apart from each other, not know when the wait will be over.
My Wife's Biological Clock is ticking, and She wants to achieve and experience the Joys of Motherhood
May I suggest that Home Studies be Considered on Permanent Residency Visas and only issue Probationary leave to remain. till the couple lives together and its been confirmed that the relationship is genuine.
This would lead to fewer abuses in the System and faster Processing of genuine cases.
otherwise Sir, Genuine Applicants like my Wife and myself will have to suffer the Consequence of being apart without knowing when we will be together as a Family.
Minister Kenney, I believe like any other person I have a right to be happy with my Family and not to be away from my wife.
I really dont want to be among the applicants who have had to do over Medicals Etc. because Kingston took too long to processs the application, and Documents simply expire in 6 months by the time they get around to dealing with a case.
these things cost money that all adds up in the end.
If my wife was here with me, she would either be Working And or Studying, and we could move forward in building the rest of our lives. and pay even more taxes into the Economy.
all I ask is for my Government to Support me in this.
Right now we dont even know if our file and Documents has been received in Kingston Safely or not. And it has become a fear of mine that our application is going down the waiting for a long time Route.
Could we please get some more transparency in our case, or atleast some more Communication during the processs?
if this means Possibly Revising the Process, or putting more staff into Kingston to deal with cases then please consider this for the sake of applicants like myself.

This will save many unwarranted Visits, Emails and calls to the Kingston Visa Office.
And better utilisation of the Work force there.

The visa office needs to be reminded they are dealing with People's lives.

I look forward to your Personalised Reply.
l am:
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
D.O.B: 01.01.1900
Receipt Number: C00000000
Client ID: 00000000
KIT ID: 00000000000
Tele:123456
Email: GGGGG@HHHHH
Address:
XXXXX DOWNTOWN MOWTOWN XXXXXX
My Wife is:
XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX
D.O.B 19.1.1900
Tele:1234567
Email: XXXXXX@XXXXX
Address:
XXXXXXXXX
Have a Blessed Day
XXXXXX

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Forum Fam, it may seem early to write, but we are strong in numbers,
for those of us who have reached the timescale for an AOR we should be writing in also. in a few months this could be us in Rosie's Position.
And for those of us who are gone past the Aor stage, we also need to express our concern over the increasing waiting times.
because in one way or another this situation will eventually affect most if not all of us. in some way
Just think......

Minister Kenney may not even know what is going on in Jamaica.
it may make the difference we are looking for.

the only thing that can happen after an email to him is nothing, so we have nothing to lose.
and everything to gain, we have to stick together.

if a few letters go in we cant be ignored.
I sent mine. ;)

Godbless

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Hello everyone!!
I have been off all of last week and it took me all day to read the 'lack of updates'.
Welcome to all the newcomers and its nice to see all of the regular keeping up the good vibes on here.

Rosie - as someone who has been to the embassy and had major disappointment on more than 1 occasion, girl I really feel it for you. As you know, we waited 15 months without a word from KG, waited 2 1/2 months for the interview just to get the shock of a lifetime... Then another 6 month delay only to be surprised by another interview and the 'cancellation' of his visa. My heart trully goes out to you and hubby. A phone call at the least would have been appreciated, I'm sure. You may be down (delayed) but you are certainly not out!! Hold on girl, your time will come!! :-* Bless up!!

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Hey

OUr sytem was offline today at work so i had no way to access the internet ...And bwooy ROSIE i cannot beleive that man ...I dont even know what to say to you ...I have NP problems going against KG cause of there delay they made for us on our own file...

Rosie ...I agree with jammy just keep thinking of what you can do versus what tehy arent allowing right now ...Them to evilous man ...And bwoy them make the man trek all the way to KG from mawning like that and tell him fi gwey ...That is not right at all ...That office is pathetic ..and there employees need a slap in the face...

Rosie ...Keep it together i know you can ...they cannot WIN YOU SEE they CANNOT!!

Ill try to talk to you later ...dont cry girl its gunna be alright!!

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Good Evening,

Blessed be the name of the Lord! He is worthy to be praised and adored!

Remember that the battle is not ours, it's the Lords...the bible says that vegeance is the Lords...fam, don't be angry, don't fear, or fret....the devil loves this! Be of good courage and God will make a way out of no way!

Rosie....I am praying for you! In every dissapointment, there is a reason...keep your head up and God will fix it! God's word is true and will not return to him void! Bless God and he will Bless you in return! Be Blessed...send hubby this word.....BE STILL AND KNOW THAT GOD IS GOD! AMEN!

Blessings to all those who haven't been online for a while (as myself) anxious, hf, kimore...welcome back...and all the newcomers!

There is joy in the presence of the Lord Jesus! Jesus is the answer!! :)

Kimore

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
File Transfer...
10-Dec-09
Med's Request
09-Feb-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2009
Interview........
09-Feb-2011
Virtuous how you so calm, lol. Love your spirit.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
God bless you soul Virtuous, but under these conditions boy it hard not to bend.
cos mi bend and its not me.

we really dont want this to be a pattern.

Godblesswife

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-JUNE-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10-NOV-2010
File Transfer...
20-JULY-2010
Med's Done....
07-JUNE-2010
Passport Req..
08-FEB-2010
VISA ISSUED...
10-FEB-2010
LANDED..........
23-FEB-2010
Its interesting to see how a little dot on the map takes this much time to process visa applications, When Countries as big as China and India are so largely Populated but they have some impressive processing times.

Beijing for example have a great 2-4 months average. and there have been reports of people in these countries getting through in 2 weeks also.

clearly the bulk of the CIC staff have been assigned to these larger countries assuming they need the workforce more.
when the correct audits need to be made, in order to acertain when staff needs to be moved around to improve the overall Service, and Productivity of each office.

Jamaica it would seem is experiencing an higher than usual volume of Applicants each year, and the Immigration Officers are still going through 08 and 09 applications in late 2010.

Immigration, really need to get on top of things and realise that they need to do something about their backlog coupled with Shortage of staff.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Hey guys,

My CAIPS notes shows that the IO has requested for IMM 1017s because my meds have expired earlier in the year.

Is this usually a good sign that there is a greater possibility of having the application approved?

VirtuousWoman

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Greetings all,

Kimore, thank you! Blessings to you! The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid. (Psalm 27) God is able and he keeps me safe in his loving arms!

Godblesswife, God bless you too! Fear not for the Lord God is with you! God is able! It is sad that cases are on hold for so long...I agree. However, keep focusing on the JOY ahead! This process is tiresome, strenuous and painful...but this is nothing compared to the agony the Lord Jesus suffered for us. I'm just getting warm.....AMEN! :)

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, just to take him at his word........Oh for grace to trust him more!

Be blessed all and have a wonderful night! :) In the presence of the Lord there is fullness of JOY! :)