Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Good morning JamFam,

Without further ado…It is my delight and pleasure to announce that Mr. DG has landed as of Friday May 23rd

Just a quick recap…We filed our application February 22, 2012…Sponsorship Approval May 16, 2012…File Transfer May 22, 2012…Additional Document Request March 12, 2014 (Generic Application Form, Schedule A, Additional Family, Redo Meds & PC, & PPR)…In Process April 8, 2014…Decision Made May 13, 2014…Passport Returned May 19, 2014.

My intention was to go to Jamaica and return with Mr. DG however, I went to Jamaica the first week of May hoping that everything would have been finalized (however, our VO had other plans…the issue date of Mr.DG’s Visa was two days after I left Jamaica). Nonetheless, I was able to finalize some much needed and important things prior to his arrival.

From the delivery of his Visa on Monday until the night before his arrival we both could not sleep. The anticipation and the anxiety of it all were too much; especially for me. Actually, having a date of when Mr. DG was coming home was very hard to believe. After waiting 27 months to only having to wait hours was hard to digest (in a good way). The day of his arrival I went to work half day in order to maintain some sort of sanity…lol! I had lots of errands to run/complete. I had to meet the Bell technician at our new place, put up a shower curtain, clean the car, do a Walmart run (you get the picture lots of stuff to do).

Mr. DG was excited but nervous at the same time as this was his first time flying. He wanted to leave for the airport at 0830, I had to tell him that it was way too early and he did not need to be there until 11:30 (as I checked him in online already). He called me from the airport and told me that he was giving his phone to his sister. At this point my stomach dropped because in a few hours he would be here. While I was running my errands it dawned on me that the passenger seat would never be empty again, that my Husband would be here to help me in day to day errands, & we can finally go to Church here together. Honestly, the time elapsed from 1:00pm to 5:30pm like it does in T.V. commercials.

I have to Thank Nev from the bottom of my Heart for keeping me calm. She called me as I got to the airport and waited with me until Mr. DG came out. Mr. DG’s flight landed at 18:45 and Nev so kindly reminded me that my Husband was only a few feet away and would be coming out in a few moments. It was almost like a dream when he walked out of the doors. I remember gasping a sigh of relief, and then saying, “Nev, He’s HERE!!!” The amount of emotions I felt cannot be put into words.

The next few moments were a daze from the embrace at the airport to the drive home. All I know is that when I looked over to my right my Husband was next to me. We went for dinner at Messini as Mr. DG wanted to have Greek food. We went to our new place and Mr. DG was finally able to carry me over the threshold of OUR new place.

Since his arrival we have been SUPER busy. Saturday we actually MOVED into our place (such a joy being able to move together and settle into our new place), Sunday lots of visitors and guests wanting to meet Mr. DG. Monday and Tuesday were spent getting Mr. DG his SIN, bank account, verification of his Jamaican Driver’s Licence at the Jamaican Consulate, etc. Wednesday Mr. DG started work (it was bitter sweet). I packed his lunch and drove him to and from work. The Pride my Husband feels finally being able to be the Bread winner, makes me even more Proud of him. Today…was a bit challenging getting our timings together as I went back to work today as well however, we worked it out (minus the roll over on the 401 East).

Overall, it has been the best few days of my Life. My Husband, the Love of my Life and Partner is finally here and our lives have begun. Funny enough, it feels as though Mr. DG has always been here…we haven’t missed a beat and have adjusted very well considering all the new changes.

Remember my fellow JamFam…The wait is intense and at times unbearable however, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This process has an end date and God is the holder of this date. When the going gets tough kneel and pray. Use this time to grow stronger together, plan your future, and to understand each other’s expectation. Thank you for walking this immigration journey with me. Your support, advice, and love have been amazing.

Stay Sweet as Always & May the Odds Be in Your Favour

Mr. & Mrs. DG :*

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Wow!!!! DG I am so happy to be reading your landing story, perfect in every way.

Have a happy rest of your life my dear :-*

DADDYS GIRL said:
Good morning JamFam,

Without further ado...It is my delight and pleasure to announce that Mr. DG has landed as of Friday May 23rd

Just a quick recap...We filed our application February 22, 2012...Sponsorship Approval May 16, 2012...File Transfer May 22, 2012...Additional Document Request March 12, 2014 (Generic Application Form, Schedule A, Additional Family, Redo Meds & PC, & PPR)...In Process April 8, 2014...Decision Made May 13, 2014...Passport Returned May 19, 2014.

My intention was to go to Jamaica and return with Mr. DG however, I went to Jamaica the first week of May hoping that everything would have been finalized (however, our VO had other plans...the issue date of Mr.DG's Visa was two days after I left Jamaica). Nonetheless, I was able to finalize some much needed and important things prior to his arrival.

From the delivery of his Visa on Monday until the night before his arrival we both could not sleep. The anticipation and the anxiety of it all were too much; especially for me. Actually, having a date of when Mr. DG was coming home was very hard to believe. After waiting 27 months to only having to wait hours was hard to digest (in a good way). The day of his arrival I went to work half day in order to maintain some sort of sanity...lol! I had lots of errands to run/complete. I had to meet the Bell technician at our new place, put up a shower curtain, clean the car, do a Walmart run (you get the picture lots of stuff to do).

Mr. DG was excited but nervous at the same time as this was his first time flying. He wanted to leave for the airport at 0830, I had to tell him that it was way too early and he did not need to be there until 11:30 (as I checked him in online already). He called me from the airport and told me that he was giving his phone to his sister. At this point my stomach dropped because in a few hours he would be here. While I was running my errands it dawned on me that the passenger seat would never be empty again, that my Husband would be here to help me in day to day errands, & we can finally go to Church here together. Honestly, the time elapsed from 1:00pm to 5:30pm like it does in T.V. commercials.

I have to Thank Nev from the bottom of my Heart for keeping me calm. She called me as I got to the airport and waited with me until Mr. DG came out. Mr. DG's flight landed at 18:45 and Nev so kindly reminded me that my Husband was only a few feet away and would be coming out in a few moments. It was almost like a dream when he walked out of the doors. I remember gasping a sigh of relief, and then saying, “Nev, He's HERE!!!” The amount of emotions I felt cannot be put into words.

The next few moments were a daze from the embrace at the airport to the drive home. All I know is that when I looked over to my right my Husband was next to me. We went for dinner at Messini as Mr. DG wanted to have Greek food. We went to our new place and Mr. DG was finally able to carry me over the threshold of OUR new place.

Since his arrival we have been SUPER busy. Saturday we actually MOVED into our place (such a joy being able to move together and settle into our new place), Sunday lots of visitors and guests wanting to meet Mr. DG. Monday and Tuesday were spent getting Mr. DG his SIN, bank account, verification of his Jamaican Driver's Licence at the Jamaican Consulate, etc. Wednesday Mr. DG started work (it was bitter sweet). I packed his lunch and drove him to and from work. The Pride my Husband feels finally being able to be the Bread winner, makes me even more Proud of him. Today...was a bit challenging getting our timings together as I went back to work today as well however, we worked it out (minus the roll over on the 401 East).

Overall, it has been the best few days of my Life. My Husband, the Love of my Life and Partner is finally here and our lives have begun. Funny enough, it feels as though Mr. DG has always been here...we haven't missed a beat and have adjusted very well considering all the new changes.

Remember my fellow JamFam...The wait is intense and at times unbearable however, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This process has an end date and God is the holder of this date. When the going gets tough kneel and pray. Use this time to grow stronger together, plan your future, and to understand each other's expectation. Thank you for walking this immigration journey with me. Your support, advice, and love have been amazing.

DADDYS GIRL

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2012
Doc's Request.
12-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
29-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2014 - Rec: 19-05-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2014
Need to be with Hubby said:
I am in Winnipeg and loving it. Only my husband was at the airport with a rose because it was late. Today we go in the Country to visit family and Sunday will bea welcoming party for me. I am excited. Canada is so beautiful.
Welcome Home and Congratulations on finishing this journey.

All the Best to you and your new life here in Canada!!!!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Great news and welcome to Canada NTBWH ;D

Well hello there, been a long time. Had no internet at mom's and just got my passport 5pm yesterday. I am sitting in Toronto waiting on my connected flight. I arrive 11:30pm. I have lots to read hopefully soon. Congratulation I'm sure there must be some good news. My flight to Toronto was great. I sat beside a brother and sister from Iran, they moved to Canada 28 years ago and the brother's wife is Ukrainian like hubby,it was there first time in Jamaica. We talk a lot and they cities from the sky was beautiful. Didn't feel long at all. Landing was Pretty easy and this is it for now until I completed my next part of journey.

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Congrats girl, what God put together let no man put asunder. :-*

jamaicalove said:
Afternoon everyone. Just an update to keep things positive... We've had the passport request call and it went sent off yesterday! Also the CIC site says Decision Made :) Keep the faith, I can't even remember the waiting time anymore :)

Take care.

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
DG and hubby , what a wonderful landing story. So happy for you both. Your patience is a lesson for us all. Good things come to those who wait . Enjoy every moment!!!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good morning JamFam,

Without further ado...It is my delight and pleasure to announce that Mr. DG has landed as of Friday May 23rd

BAWLING HERE!!!! I am so happy to FINALLY read this. You waiting way to long and not that Mr DG is here you can finally move on to the other part of your life...love you hun and don't be a stranger on here.

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
DADDYS GIRL said:
Good morning JamFam,

Remember my fellow JamFam...The wait is intense and at times unbearable however, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This process has an end date and God is the holder of this date. When the going gets tough kneel and pray. Use this time to grow stronger together, plan your future, and to understand each other's expectation. Thank you for walking this immigration journey with me. Your support, advice, and love have been amazing.

Welcome/Bienvenu to Canada Mr. DG!!

OMG DG you had tears coming down my face. Such a beautiful and poignant landing story. WOW 27 months of you always so patient and kind. MR DG is one lucky man!! Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

YES may the odds be in your favour...love that and so true with KGN!!

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
JAMFAM so excited to have welcome two people to Canada in one day!! Keep it up KGN and send out some more PPRs!!

Jamwife

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
File Transfer...
July 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
Passport Req..
September 26, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 16, 2014
LANDED..........
November 1, 2014
Congrats Mrs n Mr.DG it was a delight reading your landing story... wishing you all the best for the future, happy it all went well!

DG you are truly a tower of strenght ... 27 Months and you kept sane.. glad its over for you girl....
Hope we can all be patient like you.

Again congrats and enjoy your hubby.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Congrats NTBWH! Welcome to Canada!!!

DG, you are done. He is here, you can now begin your lives together. Legit tears as I read your story. I am SO happy for you!!!
:-*

CeCe la Belle

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2013
Doc's Request.
November 6, 2014
File Transfer...
October 25, 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
November 6, 2014
DG mi a read the landing story and it was like titanic all over again. *snuffles* I love reading ppls landing stories......but this one (not the words but the tower of strength that it idolises) was a beautiful thing. Bless up DG, because I was wondering if I would have to help Kingston LOOK for the app.

All the other lovely couples who got through bless up and special hailings to ones still waiting.I just upgrade the boat of the impatient to a SHIP. NUFF space deh deh an all are welcome. We will be STRONG but IMPATIENT TOGETHER. :mad:

On a different note a over one year now mi nuh see mi hussy, things extremely sticky now so I don't know when I'll be able to afford a ticket. :'(

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
I am in Winnipeg and loving it. Only my husband was at the airport with a rose because it was late. Today we go in the Country to visit family and Sunday will bea welcoming party for me. I am excited. Canada is so beautiful.
Welcome to Canada and Winnipeg NTBWH! :D

How romantic of your hubby to greet you with a rose! ;)

Canada is truly a beautiful country and you will be amazed how huge and vastly different it is from coast to coast...you have a lifetime with your hubby to enjoy it...by motorcycle!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Welcome to Canada, Mr DG...FINALLY!!!! :D

I knew your landing story wouldn't disappoint, DG; you brought out my happy tears!

I hope you are enjoying life to the absolute fullest with your hubby by your side...including the passenger's seat!!!!!!!

Thank YOU for always being the ray of sunshine on this forum...

Now, when are we celebrating in New York and hitting up a Broadway show...?!?!
:-*

PS - LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing your new ticker!!!!

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
DG!!!! Oh I'm so thrilled to read Mr. DG's landing story...

I was full on in the ugly cry bawling from 'passenger seat' on...sobbing even! that was an amazing story...so so happy for you.