Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Happy Friday!! Carm, glad you checked in!! Happy things are adjusting and hubby is doing so well settling in to "canadian life".

Greengurl!! Holy cow, I can't even go there in my mind to think of what it will be like for Mr. Parkin to be hopping onto that plane to come home with me someday!! I can't wait for your landing story. :-*

So, JAM FAM, this might be a weird question, but how often do you and your hubbies talk thoughout the day or week on average? and on a bad week?

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
sammystorm19 said:
here is the email address...remember no spaces

atip-aiprp @ cic.gc.ca
Thank you again Sammy! Emailed them and got my notes this morning. Anything in particular I should be looking for? I received 27 pages. Nothing interesting lol

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
Mrs. Parkin said:
So, JAM FAM, this might be a weird question, but how often do you and your hubbies talk thoughout the day or week on average? and on a bad week?
Hubby and I speak every day, around the same time each night :-* ( for the past 6 yrs)
We will also speak sometimes ( briefly) during the day, and send a text here and there ( sometimes 'G' rated sometimes 'X' ..... :eek:)
In all theses years, never had a ' bad' week, never any arguments... Some stressful/ annoying moments ( because of immigration process).... We have mastered our communication skills ;D

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
greengurl said:
Let's go Kingston!! Lot's of people still waiting for PPR and passports to be returned!

1 week until I am in Jamaica and then we head home on June 6!! Still can't believe that this is real and that he will be flying home with me!!

Hope you are all doing well!
Excited for you greengurl, you must be floating around on a cloud of anticipation, nerves and joy!! ;) Looking forward to the landing story. Blessings.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Happy Friday!! Carm, glad you checked in!! Happy things are adjusting and hubby is doing so well settling in to "canadian life".

Greengurl!! Holy cow, I can't even go there in my mind to think of what it will be like for Mr. Parkin to be hopping onto that plane to come home with me someday!! I can't wait for your landing story. :-*

Hi Mrs. P. not a weird question really, but rather interesting. So I am going to weigh in on this one as an "honourary" Jam Fam member from the POS thread because hubby and I were long distance for 6.5 years before he finally came here and we definitely had some bad weeks and frustrations along the way. BUT - it is important to understand how much of the process itself and the circumstances cause stress on the relationship and to know that many of the ups and downs are normal and can be worked through.

OK here goes......the absolute worst low point was once when we did not talk for 2 weeks!! It was bad but made us realize neither one of us wanted to do that again and we both had to pray for less stubbornness and more humility for the sake of love and peace. We were long distance "dating" the first 2-3 years and hubby called me more often as I had many family medical issues during this time and his schedule was more flexible than mine. So we talked on the phone a few times a week mostly on the weekends.

Years 3 & 4 he got a computer with SKYPE and we had also spent more time in person by this point (only me travelling there though as he was refused TRV and we applied 4 times!!) so we talked at least twice daily and did many long SKYPE dates and yes SKYPE love & fights :p!!!

Year 5 we got engaged (married in year 6) more time in person and by this point we talked once daily at minimum and even if we were at odds over something we rarely went 24 hours without connecting. Of course there were times when we would both be tired or have busy schedules and some times the calls/chats would be very long and times when they would be really brief. The stress of the process and him not being able to travel here weighed very heavily on both of us as I am sure we can all relate to and tried our patience on many levels. Going through this is not for the faint of heart and it certainly was a real test to our marriage and relationship. I wish I could say we had mastered our communication skills :D; however, we both consider our communication as a "work in progress".

Thankfully with the support of many special folks on this forum, friends, family and my pastor and his wife, we are on the other side!! A bit of a long answer but there you have it. I found that one of the only ways I got through the wait was daydreaming about my hubs finally getting on the plane and getting here so do go there in your mind and stay encouraged and hopeful :D. Blessings.

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
sammystorm19 said:
That's great news that they extended the meds. They will only ask for an extension if everything else is done on the file and valid meds is all you need!!!

They requested our to be extended April 7th. I ordered our notes last month and should be getting them today

Btw...Happy Friday everyone. It's a holiday down in JA today
Hey Sammystorm, their email was rather short and not sweet :p
It was the second time I write to them, first time to make sure they received the application from CIC and to know how to proceed with the Quebec selection certificate, and this time to know if medical was expired since nothing was showing in the first set of notes I ordered in March.

I ordered a next set of notes on April 23rd, I was expecting them today, but since last Monday was statutory, I guess I'll get them next week. They clearly mentionned that nothing had changed since their last reply and that they couldn't give us regular updated on our status Lol! I burst out of laughing while reading the email.

Anyhow I'm truly happy for everyone who had been contacted by KG for additional docs and/or passeport, but we can't wait for our turn to come, to see movement in our file.

Have a good week-end everyone!

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
Kadi27 said:
TGIF JamFam ;D

Welcome Mrs. G, and all the best on your immigration journey which appears to be wrapping up now :)

cafelatte02 I believe PPR is coming soon for you girl, just keep the faith, I remember getting that same response from Kingston 4 months before getting additional docs request then PPR. Yours maybe sooner ;)

time is coming up greengurl :D

Thanks for the update Carm, we need more of those encouragement because I totally believe our journey really starts when our hubby or wife arrives in Canada.

It's labor Day in JA; so am not sure if KGN is observing this holiday but i surely hope they are laboring over our files :p

For my ladies who are into health and wellness and finding healthy products for you and your family, I will be in the Brampton area on Sunday doing a presentation.

Please PM me if you are interested to learn more.

Have a fabulous weekend eveyone
Kadi I'm so happy for you sweetie! I have the faith only I'm running out of patience right now ;D
I hope your right girl, it will be five years since hubby and I started dating, I can't wait to have him home with me. Visitor visa refused, will take the permanent resident visa instead ;)

I wish you a quick passeport return so that hubby joins you ASAP.

Take care.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
cafelatte02 said:
Hey Sammystorm, their email was rather short and not sweet :p
It was the second time I write to them, first time to make sure they received the application from CIC and to know how to proceed with the Quebec selection certificate, and this time to know if medical was expired since nothing was showing in the first set of notes I ordered in March.

I ordered a next set of notes on April 23rd, I was expecting them today, but since last Monday was statutory, I guess I'll get them next week. They clearly mentionned that nothing had changed since their last reply and that they couldn't give us regular updated on our status Lol! I burst out of laughing while reading the email.

Anyhow I'm truly happy for everyone who had been contacted by KG for additional docs and/or passeport, but we can't wait for our turn to come, to see movement in our file.

Have a good week-end everyone!
I ordered my notes same day as you and also didn't get them today. Hopefully by Monday. They also said in the email to me that nothing has changed and they also emailed my MP with the info....however on my email they stated that my husband will not have to redo his meds at all. So here's hoping it's true and they are just waiting for the meds to come back to them for PPR. I'm not giving up hope but I'm also just taking it day by day. I know when it's time my hubby will be called

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Happy Saturday, Jamfam!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and the beautiful warm weather!

We received a request from someone to join our fb group and I don't know who it is. If it's you, please pm me and I'll gladly add you. And if anyone else is interested in joining, please let me know.

:D

PS - Hubby and I booked a trip to JA...239 sleeps! :p

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Nevaeha said:
Happy Saturday, Jamfam!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and the beautiful warm weather!

We received a request from someone to join our fb group and I don't know who it is. If it's you, please pm me and I'll gladly add you. And if anyone else is interested in joining, please let me know.

PS - Hubby and I booked a trip to JA...239 sleeps! :p
I'm so excited for your hubby's first trip back!!! :p

TARTAR

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
Im a May applicant, and next week will be one year according to my ECAS login. My question is, do you think its wise for my wife to come and live with me in jamaica until I get my visa, I just want to hear your views. By the way, they havent even requested my passport nor extended my medical or police record.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Ninirae said:
I'm so excited for your hubby's first trip back!!! :p
Us too!

His parents are SUPER excited because for some reason they thought he wouldn't be back for a few years...

8 months and counting...

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
TARTAR said:
Im a May applicant, and next week will be one year according to my ECAS login. My question is, do you think its wise for my wife to come and live with me in jamaica until I get my visa, I just want to hear your views. By the way, they havent even requested my passport nor extended my medical or police record.
Did you email Kingston or order your GCMS notes to verify if they extended your medical? They will only be extended if it has been 15 months (or less) since you first did them and if it is the last thing they need to do in order to complete your application and request your passport. It is up to KG to decide to extend them or not.

Police records do not get extended. You can choose to go and get another police certificate done or wait for Kingston to request it from you. The majority of the jamfam have done it on their own and either send it to KG or hold onto it until KG asks for it.

It is up to you and your wife whether or not you would like to finish the immigration waiting game together in Jamaica. It definitely won't hurt your application. If I would have been able to I would have lived with my hubby in JA throughout the process but it wasn't an option for us.

Good luck and I hope you hear from KG soon.

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
TARTAR said:
Hello ,

Like Neveah said... It won't hurt your application, so if this is a realistic option ( financial, housing, employment) for the both of you then Sure ;)... I didn't see any ' movement' in my file until around the 14th month mark, so you should be hearing something soon ... ;D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Good morning!!!!

Come on Kingston. Make some noise this week.....please!!!

DG.....when and if you come up for air girl we are all waiting for your landing story!

2 weeks and my baby girl is going to be one. Where the heck as the time gone!!!! 11 days and I will be in JA with my hubby. It's been a LONG 9 months without him. My baby got pics done for her first birthday and thought I would share one of them with you

Have a great day everyone