+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
CocoVanilla said:
Thanks Chickie, Nev, Mrs Davis and O&O.

Forgot to say in my other post that I am super grateful to all the amazingly helpful and supportive people on this forum. I'm so happy that I found the forum before sending off our application.
Your so welcome darling this forum is truly a blessing I am so happy that I found support from all of you. I think if I was alone during this process it would of drove me past crazy.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good morning Jam Fam!!!!! :D

Last year on this date a forum member got PPR... #justsayin'

Come on Kingston, ring some phones today!!!!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CdnandTrini said:
Agree with you on this one chickie. I have seen other people do it from other visa offices but not Kingston though for the very reasons you mentioned.

jboo - I am the Canadian sponsor and my husband (applicant) and I married in Trinidad so I am not sure how it works in JA but when I got home after our wedding I changed only my driver's license and health care to my married name - but not my passport. In your situation (in my opinion) it is better while your application is in process, to not give the visa office any opportunity to make an error. The exception to this might be if your passport is going to expire before you think you will get your visa - and if you have to renew it anyway, in that situation I might do it. Hope that helps. Blessings.
I did the same C&T. Driver's license, Health Card, SIN, any of that stuff, but not my passport. I don't want any excuse for error or non-issuance of VISA ;)

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jboo said:
Question: what happens if someone (applicant) in jamaica wanted to add their married name and get their passport changed after the sponsorship application has been submitted. Does anyone know how to go about this?
It can be done but it will delay your process because Immigration will need to update your file for accuracy. I changed all my documents to my husband name before we filed. If your passport is under 3 years old they will charge you more money to replace it. Keep in mind you will could express it for more money or wait a bit longer for regular. We know time is crucial in this process haha.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Nevaeha said:

Yes they sure did!!!! Come on Kingston...pick up the phone and make some calls

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
*YAWN* Mawnin my famjam peeps!

I haven't actually taken the time to wish you all a good morning in a while... It's Wednesday... I think Kingston has had plenty of time for rest. And though I am sure they are calling OTHER people, we would LOVE a couple of PPRs in our direction or even some pretty new Passports returned with the shiny VISAs inside.

O&O and I have been informed that they received the shipment of new VISA paper so that it won't be dull and used... they officially have NO excuse, so O&O be prepared for hubby to be getting his passport back any time.

Chickie, I hope your hubby has his phone battery charged for when they make that call to him... it would truly suck if he missed it ;)

:p :-*

frankfield

Sep 5, 2011
I am sick of this fleeking cold weather. Thanks to neocolonialism, I have to seek my bread in desolate places, cho! clo-rass-th, clo-bom-th-bo, clo-blo-th-od

http://youtu.be/j14OVvO87EY

Twoheartsonelove

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Doc's Request.
new PC sent Aug 22/14
AOR Received.
Nov 12, 2013
File Transfer...
Nov 25, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 09, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Dec 03, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 17, 2015!!! FINALLY
Good Morning All and Happy New Year!! I have been lurking on this forum for awhile now and have decided that I may need some of that amazing support and strength that you offer each other in 2014 and hope that I will be able to provide some in return. I must say that you are all a bunch of amazingly strong women and men here bc this process is not easy by any means and the positive vibes certainly has helped me in the past. Yes at times I get even more sad when I read how long some of you have been waiting and/or the heart breaking denials yet you all still go on and most with a cheery smile and positive words! Kingston is proving to be a strange beast for us all, especially when we as Canadians are use to our government being responsive and accountable to us. *sigh*

Good luck to everyone and I really hope to see A LOT more PPRs in the next few weeks bc those make my heart beat faster and I get excited!! Ohhh and the beautiful landing stories by Neveha and Cdn Trini....WOW...they brought tears to my eyes and made me all choked up. I even read them to my husband!! We need to hear more of those on this forum!! LOL!!

Geez 2012 was so long ago and those applications should be off the table in the next few weeks so that the 2013 applications can get done and out!! I would love to have my husband home with me (and the bitter cold) by next Christmas!!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Twoheartsonelove said:
Good Morning All and Happy New Year!! I have been lurking on this forum for awhile now and have decided that I may need some of that amazing support and strength that you offer each other in 2014 and hope that I will be able to provide some in return. I must say that you are all a bunch of amazingly strong women and men here bc this process is not easy by any means and the positive vibes certainly has helped me in the past. Yes at times I get even more sad when I read how long some of you have been waiting and/or the heart breaking denials yet you all still go on and most with a cheery smile and positive words! Kingston is proving to be a strange beast for us all, especially when we as Canadians are use to our government being responsive and accountable to us. *sigh*

Good luck to everyone and I really hope to see A LOT more PPRs in the next few weeks bc those make my heart beat faster and I get excited!! Ohhh and the beautiful landing stories by Neveha and Cdn Trini....WOW...they brought tears to my eyes and made me all choked up. I even read them to my husband!! We need to hear more of those on this forum!! LOL!!

Geez 2012 was so long ago and those applications should be off the table in the next few weeks so that the 2013 applications can get done and out!! I would love to have my husband home with me (and the bitter cold) by next Christmas!!
WELCOME (officially) and I'm SUPER happy that you're no longer a creeper, but now a part of our little online family ;D

If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you put in your application?

From your post I see that you really are up to date regarding what actually goes on here and that's FANTASTIC, it makes it easier to follow. I think we all started out as voyeurs and eventually realized that the support found here is something we can use in our lives. We are here for you and look forward to many more posts.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
Good morning darlings!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone doing? =) I'm here chilling...refreshing my email periodically..this obsessive behavior needs to stop!!

LOL!

Anywho, CPC-M and KGN needs to get a move on....come on now!!! PPR + SA's / AOR's please :)

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Ninirae said:
*YAWN* Mawnin my famjam peeps!

I haven't actually taken the time to wish you all a good morning in a while... It's Wednesday... I think Kingston has had plenty of time for rest. And though I am sure they are calling OTHER people, we would LOVE a couple of PPRs in our direction or even some pretty new Passports returned with the shiny VISAs inside.

O&O and I have been informed that they received the shipment of new VISA paper so that it won't be dull and used... they officially have NO excuse, so O&O be prepared for hubby to be getting his passport back any time.

Chickie, I hope your hubby has his phone battery charged for when they make that call to him... it would truly suck if he missed it ;)

:p :-*
Thanks Nini your always make me *giggle* the shipment of ink is in its way so anytime soon now. How's your day?

*waves* hi mr and mrs nev

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Twoheartsonelove said:

Welcome to the forum twoheartsonelove btw love the name very eye cetching

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:

well here's hoping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D