Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanJam said:
I am also only able to see the update using my "application #", status "application rec'd, date" ???
I can access my ECAS using my UCI#, his UCI#, or our Immigration File #. But mine too only states "application rec'd, date". But don't be discouraged because my notes state that they have my medical and the due date.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Ninirae said:
Ahhh, but you know me too well C&T... knowing that there is a good chance I will be reading as I don't want to miss a thing. Reading your words of wisdom from actual experience means a lot to me and gives me even more hope. Between all the advice for the ladies on here and your advice just now, I knew that I truly have to let go until he is here for him to actually be able to understand...

Case and point... last night he asked me to send him videos and pictures of the snowfall around 2am, and I obliged (while honestly rolling my eyes and waiting for the sarcastic comments after). His response was this: "Oh my goodness baby. I never realized that Canada is truly that beautiful. I cannot wait to be there with you so that we can experience it all together."

I did not say a word regarding his comment other than: "I can't wait for you to come either." What kind of wife would I be to pull an "I told you so" and start an argument?! ::) ::) ::)

hahahaha. Between it all, I truly have more faith is the possibility of him opening his eyes in his OWN time and as long as I don't push him, he will come around.

Love you all and Blessings C&T, so glad hubby is quickly adjusting to your new life together! :-* :-* :-*
Nini :D you are too cute!! I bet you are glad that hubby couldn't see those eye rolls!!! Now you are sharing some of your own wisdom see? Keep the faith my dear, you will need more of it before this journey is over.

It's funny my hubby said almost the same thing as your husband - while actually experiencing the snow and ice storms "wow Canada is really beautiful...for true".......I love those moments......honest, sincere and spoken from the heart. He has also said, and I think we all feel this way, no matter what kind of environment we are from (1st world or 3rd world) "home is home no matter what". Stay hopeful :-*

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CdnandTrini said:
Nini :D you too cute!! I bet you are glad that hubby couldn't see those eye rolls!!! Now you are sharing some of your own wisdom see? Keep the faith my dear, you will need more of it before this journey is over.

It's funny my hubby said almost the same thing as your husband - while actually experiencing the snow and ice storms "wow Canada is really beautiful...for true".......I love those moments......honest, sincere and spoken from the heart. He has also said, and I think we all feel this way, no matter what kind of environment we are from (1st world or 3rd world) "home is home no matter what". Stay hopeful :-*
Agreed completely, home is definitely home, no matter what! I remember having a similar convo with my husband about this very statement.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
CanadianWifey89 said:
Agreed completely, home is definitely home, no matter what! I remember having a similar convo with my husband about this very statement.
Yes CW it's so true.........if we remember that it can help us resist the temptation to do a "whose country is better smackdown" with our hubby's........although I wish I had of learned that lesson a bit sooner..... ;) Blessings.

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Question: what happens if someone (applicant) in jamaica wanted to add their married name and get their passport changed after the sponsorship application has been submitted. Does anyone know how to go about this?

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good evening forum family!! Happy New Year!! :D

It's been a while... but I've still been here lurking. Christmas was crazy and I did a quick trip down to Jamaica to spend New Year's Eve with hubby.

We FINALLY got our marriage certificate last week, so I'm happy to report that our application was sent to Mississauga today! What a relief... Soooo happy to get that thing out of my house!!

Chickie: can you please add me to the spreadsheet? Thanks!

Ok Kingston, start working your magic! Looking forward to lots of PPR calls and landing stories in the next few months!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CocoVanilla said:

It's been a while... but I've still been here lurking. Christmas was crazy and I did a quick trip down to Jamaica to spend New Year's Eve with hubby.

We FINALLY got our marriage certificate last week, so I'm happy to report that our application was sent to Mississauga today! What a relief... Soooo happy to get that thing out of my house!!

Ok Kingston, start working your magic! Looking forward to lots of PPR calls and landing stories in the next few months!!
i have added you!!! congrats on sending it in! glad to have you back.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
jboo said:
Question: what happens if someone (applicant) in jamaica wanted to add their married name and get their passport changed after the sponsorship application has been submitted. Does anyone know how to go about this?
well I would say that I wouldn't risk doing it until after because Kingston doesn't update their stuff too often so your COPR that will come back with your passport might just have your old info and it won't match your passport and then you could have problems at the airport when you try to land. Just my thoughts, maybe someone else can add their thoughts but I don't know of anyone doing it that I have experience with it.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
CocoVanilla said:

So happy for you CV! :-*

Congratulations on getting your application shipped off to Mississauga and welcome to Club Immigration!!!!

Mrs. Davis

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 05 2013
File Transfer...
05 07 2013
Med's Done....
02 2013
Congrats CV. Feels good getting it off your desk !

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Thanks Chickie, Nev, Mrs Davis and O&O.

Forgot to say in my other post that I am super grateful to all the amazingly helpful and supportive people on this forum. I'm so happy that I found the forum before sending off our application.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chickie72 said:
well I would say that I wouldn't risk doing it until after because Kingston doesn't update their stuff too often so your COPR that will come back with your passport might just have your old info and it won't match your passport and then you could have problems at the airport when you try to land. Just my thoughts, maybe someone else can add their thoughts but I don't know of anyone doing it that I have experience with it.
Agree with you on this one chickie. I have seen other people do it from other visa offices but not Kingston though for the very reasons you mentioned.

jboo - I am the Canadian sponsor and my husband (applicant) and I married in Trinidad so I am not sure how it works in JA but when I got home after our wedding I changed only my driver's license and health care to my married name - but not my passport. In your situation (in my opinion) it is better while your application is in process, to not give the visa office any opportunity to make an error. The exception to this might be if your passport is going to expire before you think you will get your visa - and if you have to renew it anyway, in that situation I might do it. Hope that helps. Blessings.

jboo

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
CdnandTrini said:
Agree with you on this one chickie. I have seen other people do it from other visa offices but not Kingston though for the very reasons you mentioned.

jboo - I am the Canadian sponsor and my husband (applicant) and I married in Trinidad so I am not sure how it works in JA but when I got home after our wedding I changed only my driver's license and health care to my married name - but not my passport. In your situation (in my opinion) it is better while your application is in process, to not give the visa office any opportunity to make an error. The exception to this might be if your passport is going to expire before you think you will get your visa - and if you have to renew it anyway, in that situation I might do it. Hope that helps. Blessings.
Thanks for ur imputs.....