+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Parkin said:
At least your hubby TRIES to speak back to you lol I joked and asked hubby to say ASK instead of Axe (which I secretly find adorable) and he said "nah, I can't manage that" HAHAHA
It took me awhile to say ASK to instead of axe, but I got it now real good.

canjam110412

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-07-2013
Med's Request
07/27/14-redo
Med's Done....
nov 2012 redone- Aug 2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10/21/14
VISA ISSUED...
10/28/14
LANDED..........
11/12/14
Well good morning JamFam,

Congrats to those who are progressing through the system. I'm very envious and I kept checking ecas when I saw the movement lol. Guess I was hoping to see something change lol. I'm goin to join in on the age thing.... my husband and I are both 27 just 6 months apart. We met when we were 22 dated for 4 years married when we were 26.

Also got some good news... I got a new job and my husband has applied for a promotion on the cruise ship he is working on. So a lil victory for both of us. Especially at this time of year.

Good luck to everybody, its very exciting to see those who have been waiting starting to see movement it really does uplift my spirit and hope that all of the 2012s get through and they start on us 2013s.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Need to be with Hubby said:
It took me awhile to say ASK to instead of axe, but I got it now real good.
LOl! I hope he never loses his accent...I love it!!

canjam110412

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-07-2013
Med's Request
07/27/14-redo
Med's Done....
nov 2012 redone- Aug 2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10/21/14
VISA ISSUED...
10/28/14
LANDED..........
11/12/14
Mrs. Parkin said:
me to mrs. parkin I love the Jamaican accent. He wont lose it.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Nevaeha said:
Yes, when you pay the RPRF it will should be updated in your file. If you pay for it and then at some point down the road you order your GCMS notes you will see if they have entered the information or not. Keep a copy of the official receipt as proof incase they ask you to pay the RPRF and you already have. We paid the RPRF when we first applied and they asked us about a year later to pay for it. ::)
Thank navaeha because I pay over a mnth now and nothin.. So I'm going to call also and ask... And yes.. I make sure have around 3 copies, just to be sure.!

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canjam110412 said:
Well good morning JamFam,

Congrats to those who are progressing through the system. I'm very envious and I kept checking ecas when I saw the movement lol. Guess I was hoping to see something change lol. I'm goin to join in on the age thing.... my husband and I are both 27 just 6 months apart. We met when we were 22 dated for 4 years married when we were 26.

Also got some good news... I got a new job and my husband has applied for a promotion on the cruise ship he is working on. So a lil victory for both of us. Especially at this time of year.

Good luck to everybody, its very exciting to see those who have been waiting starting to see movement it really does uplift my spirit and hope that all of the 2012s get through and they start on us 2013s.
congratulation on your new job and to your husband application for promotion. Had no Idea we were all so young.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Parkin said:
Hehe awe that's cute. Will depends on his personality he may just keep his accent. I want to blend in without being looked at as a immigrant or foreigner, so I'm definitely gonna work on loosing mine. :) my husband wants me to sound Canadian also.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Need to be with Hubby said:
Hehe awe that's cute. Will depends on his personality he may just keep his accent. I want to blend in without being looked at as a immigrant or foreigner, so I'm definitely gonna work on loosing mine. :) my husband wants me to sound Canadian also.
Yes, it does depend on the person for sure! My hubby is always saying he's going to chat Patwa with our babies so they understand from a young age what his fam is saying when they speak to each other on phone and visits! I think that's adorable and I can see them chatting away and that makes my heart melt already :D

jahdes

Oct 9, 2013
KNG
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February-2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
June-2012
Med's Done....
July6 2012
Interview........
April 23 2013
Passport Req..
May 9 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey good morning everyone, I always say age is just a number and these immigration officers or VO cant judge us or our relationship by sitting around there desk. As for me I met my husband in 09 we dated almost a year he propose to me on mothers day 2010,we went for dinner at Montana's,luckily the waiter took pic lol. My husband 59 and am 36 Feb will be 37 omg my age is climbing.I am a failed refugee claimant and when I went on my interview in May 2013 the VO wasn't nice at all, but we had all the proof to prove to her this wasn't no arrange marriage based on my previous circumstances,she had requested additional documents which was provided which they sent an e-mail to say they were satisfied, but omg does it really take 22mths to make a decision of yes or no??????????. But all my 2012 peeps please just hang in there cause there is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain my friends.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Parkin said:
Yes, it does depend on the person for sure! My hubby is always saying he's going to chat Patwa with our babies so they understand from a young age what his fam is saying when they speak to each other on phone and visits! I think that's adorable and I can see them chatting away and that makes my heart melt already :D
Hahaha oh my gosh he is something else. By then you will be saying couple words yourself when the kids being annoying.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Yea... he will never lose it, don't worry. My stepdad has been in Canada for 25 years... some people STILL cannot understand him. Jamaican through and through. lol

Also, believe it or not, I couldn't stand the accent right up until hubby. I can speak patois so well that people who haven't seen me do not believe I am white. I go by the nickname of "Yawdie" or I am referred to as an inside out Oreo.... but I couldn't stand the sound of the accent until I met my honeybear. How weird is that?!

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahdes said:
Hey good morning everyone, I always say age is just a number and these immigration officers or VO cant judge us or our relationship by sitting around there desk. As for me I met my husband in 09 we dated almost a year he propose to me on mothers day 2010,we went for dinner at Montana's,luckily the waiter took pic lol. My husband 59 and am 36 Feb will be 37 omg my age is climbing.I am a failed refugee claimant and when I went on my interview in May 2013 the VO wasn't nice at all, but we had all the proof to prove to her this wasn't no arrange marriage based on my previous circumstances,she had requested additional documents which was provided which they sent an e-mail to say they were satisfied, but omg does it really take 22mths to make a decision of yes or no??????????. But all my 2012 peeps please just hang in there cause there is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain my friends.
Yes thank you. I agree with you. I think whatever it maybe in all our case we just gotta be able to prove out relationship is genuine especially for those unique cases like myself we have to even go the extra mile and you seem to have done that. I always say to myself ontop of the many proves we also have to be able to explain ourselves clearly and accurately at the interview or else that could be a down fall for many of us.

CanadianWifey89

Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11th 2013
AOR Received.
January 3rd, 2014 - CPC-M & February 4th 2014 from KGN...POS AOR
File Transfer...
January 14, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2014...and again in March 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Confirmed as approved on May 1/15, issued May 4, 2015
LANDED..........
June 19, 2015
CanJam said:
A lot of early 20's girls in here... At what age did u meet you Hubby... how long did u 'date'What about the early- mid 30's like myself (34)... Only 3 year difference between me and Hubby
Met my hubby when I was 12 - he was my 1st kiss...we lost contact for many years and started dating again when I was 20 - got married at 24

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianWifey89 said:
Met my hubby when I was 12 - he was my 1st kiss...we lost contact for many years and started dating again when I was 20 - got married at 24
I rememberd this story :) two words... Soul mates

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanJam said:
A lot of early 20's girls in here... At what age did u meet you Hubby... how long did u 'date'What about the early- mid 30's like myself (34)... Only 3 year difference between me and Hubby
We met April 2012, started dating August 2012, Married Feb 2013. I was 28 when we met, married when I was 29.