Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
off to my bed ladies! Have a good night and good day tomorrow........

Come on Kingston! Let's hear some noise tomorrow officers of Kingston! Bring some hubbies/wives/children home for christmas!

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nevaeha said:
Yes, Winterpeg in the winter but the summer months are nice and hot -- we just don't have a nickname for that season -- oh, yes we do -- mosquito/construction season! You can ask your hubby about that if he hasn't explained it to you yet! :D

2013 has been a unique year and Kingston has certainly kept us guessing. We had never heard of passports being kept for so long, the processing timelines increasing, etc, etc, etc. Hopefully things will go back to 'normal' now that the strike is over.

Yes he did told me about that and I told him I would trade lizards and rats for mosquitoes any day Ha ha.. I don't know how you and Chickie and others come out to post daily. Some days I rather not even talk or see anyone :)

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickie72 said:
yes she said she would take her to someone to get her to measure her but I told her nevermind I will figure it out when she gets here but I just thought maybe someone on here might have an idea of the size for an 11year old skinny toothpick girl LMAO! Thanks again for your help though.
No prob. those size will definitely work :)

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Need to be with Hubby said:
Yes he did told me about that and I told him I would trade lizards and rats for mosquitoes any day Ha ha.. I don't know how you and Chickie and others come out to post daily. Some days I rather not even talk or see anyone :)
We all have those kind of days! A lot of times I find the forum therapeutic because I know everyone here is going through the same experience. I like to give support and receive it -- it makes the journey much more bearable for me.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Good morning Jam Fam and happy Monday!!!! May this week be full of progress and PPR's!!!! :D

I need your advice/opinions:

I have a friend who will be getting married next year and he and his wife-to-be are starting to go over the application. He was previously married and sponsored his then wife to Canada and they are now divorced. He would like to know how he should explain this in his application. It asks if he has ever sponsored someone before so the answer is yes. How much explanation do you feel he should put? Also, do you think he should address it in his cover letter or is that overkill? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! :-*

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Good morning one and all mannnn it is cold as mofo out there today
Here is hoping that Kingston gets their act together and start sending out dem passport request this week.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Nevaeha said:
Good morning Jam Fam and happy Monday!!!! May this week be full of progress and PPR's!!!! :D

I need your advice/opinions:

I have a friend who will be getting married next year and he and his wife-to-be are starting to go over the application. He was previously married and sponsored his then wife to Canada and they are now divorced. He would like to know how he should explain this in his application. It asks if he has ever sponsored someone before so the answer is yes. How much explanation do you feel he should put? Also, do you think he should address it in his cover letter or is that overkill? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! :-*
Good morning everyone. Come on Kingston Let's here the roar of PPR's this week!

Nev my suggestion is that no information is too much as far as immigration is concerned. They will already know his history and he should be forthright about everything that has happened. I would suggest it as part of his cover letter yes. When hubby and I did our cover letter, we explained why and how his refugee process happened because even though we knew they would know, we wanted to be completely honest about it and explain his side.

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
The other day hubby was asking 'whut da climate is like deh" which he asks every.day. haha but it was particularly cold and snowy here and I was explaining all the items we'll need to get for him and I said "hats...mittens...jacket.." and he chimes in and says "Ice shoes" haha! I love seeing glimpses of how he's trying to picture things here - I cannot WAIT to physically have him here with me and see everything through his eyes! We will all experience Canada in a whole new light :)

Mrs. Parkin

Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN then POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 30, 2014
AOR Received.
December 9, 2013
File Transfer...
October 17, 2013
Med's Request
Extended
Med's Done....
September 3, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 1, 2014
Did anyone else notice that the processing time just changed from 20 months to 22 months? :-[

Gosh, I don't know how you 2012's have done this and waited as long as you have...I don't get to Skype/Facetime hubby because of his location he doesn't have Wifi. I'm feeling defeated and it's only just begun - We both want to start our lives together, and right now we both really want to start a family, and yet I feel like we can't do that because I A) I don't want him to miss everything B) I don't want to have to do it alone when I have a loving husband just aching to be here to experience it with me - I know some of you have children, can some of you share what it's been like for you?

WOF, I know this hasn't been easy for your precious daughter - I do hope she is doing much better...has it been the entire 11 years LD for your family?

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
Did anyone else notice that the processing time just changed from 20 months to 22 months? :-[

Gosh, I don't know how you 2012's have done this and waited as long as you have...I don't get to Skype/Facetime hubby because of his location he doesn't have Wifi. I'm feeling defeated and it's only just begun - We both want to start our lives together, and right now we both really want to start a family, and yet I feel like we can't do that because I A) I don't want him to miss everything B) I don't want to have to do it alone when I have a loving husband just aching to be here to experience it with me - I know some of you have children, can some of you share what it's been like for you?

WOF, I know this hasn't been easy for your precious daughter - I do hope she is doing much better...has it been the entire 11 years LD for your family?
Here is my explanation of what it has been like ........ "HELL" :) i can't sugar coat this process at all. Every emotion you have in you, you experience! fear, sadness, pain, joy, loneliness, horniness, misery, confusion, anger........etc!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
frankfield said:
Any other sweet naive stories about Canada? Share them and the ways you seek to educate your spouses about life in Canada.
Sooo.... my husband has big dreams. Which I love and refuse to squash, but I do ensure that I bring forward the veil of reality so that he doesn’t become disappointed, then look to me and wonder why I betrayed him by not informing him of the facts. Initially, his view was that he would come here, have a great job within a week or two, and all our money problems would disappear. That he would buy a car with his first paycheck and I will not have to do anything and he will take care of me. Also, after a year or so, we will open a business (because we have made like millions of dollars by then) and we will be instantly rich and worry free because our business will be instantly successful... you know, because of all the money we have made in his first year and a half being here. Oh, and also, we will not mortgage. We will save up to buy the house outright in cash (which we will be able to do because of our super successful business). Also, like I have previously mentioned... no boots... just sneakers or clarks...
Now, this all being said, this was his INITIAL view of coming to Canada. My hubby owns his home outright in Jamaica, so it’s going to be different for him. But he has come around to being more realistic and has conceded that the best way for him to understand, is to be here. But he will take my word for it... Maybe one day we will open a business, or be rich, or whatever... but for now, we’re keeping our feet planted firmly on the ground so that nobody floats away and gets lost... :) :) :)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:
The other day hubby was asking 'whut da climate is like deh" which he asks every.day. haha but it was particularly cold and snowy here and I was explaining all the items we'll need to get for him and I said "hats...mittens...jacket.." and he chimes in and says "Ice shoes" haha! I love seeing glimpses of how he's trying to picture things here - I cannot WAIT to physically have him here with me and see everything through his eyes! We will all experience Canada in a whole new light :)
"Ice shoes" :p :p :p HAHAHAHAHA! Going to be so new all over again! I love it!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Mrs. Parkin said:

I would like to 2nd Chickie's motion! ALL OF IT! I am still new and it is horrible. Mrs. P, my hubby and I are also aching to start a family and he gets very angry because it hasn't happened yet, and actually lashes out sometimes, as though I control the universe, so it is MY fault that we are not together to endure this process.

Sammystorm told me before when I asked her about having her baby, how she handled it. This is not verbatim, but basically, she said that having her baby is a wonderful blessing... however it is incredibly hard to be a single mother. Until she said it, I had not realized it... she is correct. I will be a single mother until my husband arrives and he will have been just a sperm donor up until he lands (those are my words, not sammy's). After explaining this to him, he calmed a bit and as much as my ache to bear his child has not subsided, I am able to maintain my patience for that subject a little more (though I do have near-breaking points). I'm sure others can relate much better than me because they HAVE children, but I am just speaking from being in this process a little bit and what I have been told - Keep the faith and always remember that we are here for you! :-*

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Now that I have responded to the postings I needed to respond to...

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Fromadistance (our neighbor from the POS thread), her hubby, and their daughter landed yesterday!!! She said everything was magical and as soon as she gets some sleep and defrosts she will share her landing experience with the forum!

Welcome home fromadistance family!!! :-*