+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahdes said:
Hey guys, please let us all hang in there question am i the only wife in Ja waiting lol so far its all male hubby waiting in Ja any wives waiting lol,any way Ninirae you mentioned something about 22mths oh yes am waiting since Feb 2012 that's when my application was filed so that makes it 21mths now hummm big sigh ???
Hi I'm a wife :)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
jahdes said:
Hey guys, please let us all hang in there question am i the only wife in Ja waiting lol so far its all male hubby waiting in Ja any wives waiting lol,any way Ninirae you mentioned something about 22mths oh yes am waiting since Feb 2012 that's when my application was filed so that makes it 21mths now hummm big sigh ???
Argh! This is what am saying. It does NOT take 21 months to decide if you think a marriage is genuine or not. I know within a day or two after reading all the information... that being said, I think they're being MORE than greedy with their 22 month wait list. Wifeys need to be with their Hubbys and Hubby needs to be with Wifey. LET'S GET THEM HOME!!! :-* :-*

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
jahdes said:
And yes I can contribute to the talks that people make I get them too but my family always encourages me,they say stuff like she nah gu bck a foreign it look like a Dip(deport) she get fi ar husband mus have another gal ova deh I can go on and on but I pay them no mine. These jacans just chat too much especially when they don't know your business oh and people who suppose to be your friends they talk too,(sympathetic hyprocritics) that's what we called them but hey my husband make sure am well taken care of yes I get bored and frustrated because I try looking a job while I was here and nothing so of course you will get stressed out cause I know he has to pay the bills over there plus out here its a lot on him and he is not rich lol,at least when I was there things was a bit better cause I was working so it wasn't so hard I believe in one hand washes the other and it takes two to tango. All my male hubbies and female ones please be strong because after a STORM there must be a Calm how long can they keep us away from our love ones how long!!!!!!!!!.So wives just continue to send sexy pic to your hubbies and Skype as often as you can.
I think people are chatting in my hubby's ear too but him nuh wan fi worry mi. I wish he would tell me and get it off his chest. Those mini temper tantrums over nothing get old, FAST.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Ninirae said:
I think people are chatting in my hubby's ear too but him nuh wan fi worry mi. I wish he would tell me and get it off his chest. Those mini temper tantrums over nothing get old, FAST.
Agree! doesn't help with others who go to the States and they get through in just months. But guys just react differently then women. People here use to ask if I thought the marriage was so that he could just come to Canada or ask why he doesn't come here to visit and I always go there but if they only knew what it takes for Jamaicans to leave Jamaica.

That's why my hubby moved to Kingston from St. Mary because too many bad mind people there who are always telling him unnecessary comments about why its taking so long. He goes back every few weeks but just for a day to pick up clothes and check the mail. He's dad is still there so he checks on him too.

Hubby was in a much better mood last night I just got to be that positive support for him. Keep telling him think good things and good things will happen. easy to say but hard to do in this process.

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
carm_cnd said:
Agree! doesn't help with others who go to the States and they get through in just months. But guys just react differently then women. People here use to ask if I thought the marriage was so that he could just come to Canada or ask why he doesn't come here to visit and I always go there but if they only knew what it takes for Jamaicans to leave Jamaica.

That's why my hubby moved to Kingston from St. Mary because too many bad mind people there who are always telling him unnecessary comments about why its taking so long. He goes back every few weeks but just for a day to pick up clothes and check the mail. He's dad is still there so he checks on him too.

Hubby was in a much better mood last night I just got to be that positive support for him. Keep telling him think good things and good things will happen. easy to say but hard to do in this process.
That's for sure, but it's so true. My hubby has stopped going in town to meet up with friends on his days off from work and now I think I know why. He goes a little stir crazy sometimes, but he gets over it. I think it makes sense why he stopped associating with so many people now. And it's true that his friends ask things like: "What do you mean you haven't left yet" or the famous "so and so already went foreign, only tek 4 months" KMFT! tell me how them ALL a get through in 4 months. A lie dem a tell. But he's starting to see that now because he realizes talk is cheap and to get over on a PERMANENT RESIDENT visa, it takes time and patience (which we all know is hard to come by ;) )

Oh and the QUESTIONS from other canadians who are not in my situation... about how all jamaicans are users and blah blah blah. I get offended, not because I'm married to a Jamaican, but because it's a racist stereotype. I'm white, but I don't sit around playing a banjo and have 25 missing teeth... nor do I walk on streets paved in gold. I am a human being, as are jamaicans and any other nationality for that matter. Until you know, you don't know... so mind your own. :D

CanJam

Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January.23, 2013
AOR Received.
March.4, 2013 (KGN)
File Transfer...
February.18, 2013
Med's Request
Re-do Medical & PC ( April 7, 2014)
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
May 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 13, 2014
LANDED..........
16 months total
jahdes said:
Hi...
Hang in there ;)... but the "procees" is actually calculated from the time that the file is transferd to Kingston.... :eek: (At least that's what I understood... if I am wrong someone please correct me.

Step 1 ) Approval of Sponsor (Missisauga)
Step 2) Validation of Marriage, medical check, police check Step 2 ) for those who live in Quebec (Selection Certificate) follwed by the last step

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
CanJam said:
Hi...
Hang in there ;)... but the "procees" is actually calculated from the time that the file is transferd to Kingston.... :eek: (At least that's what I understood... if I am wrong someone please correct me.

Step 2) Validation of Marriage, medical check, police check Step 2 ) for those who live in Quebec (Selection Certificate) follwed by the last step
Nope, you're right. Just pulled this from the CIC site:

"There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive)."

Wifey_BT

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
01-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
25-03-2014
I just received my first set of notes and have no idea what I should be looking for? Help from anyone would be great. What I should be looking for???

AND I was finally able to see all the wonderful pic, looking good ;D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Wifey_BT said:
I just received my first set of notes and have no idea what I should be looking for? Help from anyone would be great. What I should be looking for???

AND I was finally able to see all the wonderful pic, looking good ;D
I'm excited for your notes! Unfortunately I cannot help you read them as my first ones are expected in a couple of weeks.

I hope your notes have good updates :) :)

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
BullsBelle said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]HEY FAMILY :) I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!! I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY EMAIL TELLING ME THAT IVE BEEN APPROVED TO SPONSOR AND MY HUSBANDS FILE HAS BEEN SENT TI KINGSTON.... [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Congrats BullsBelle; I will update your good news on the spreadsheet

jahdes

Oct 9, 2013
KNG
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February-2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
June-2012
Med's Done....
July6 2012
Interview........
April 23 2013
Passport Req..
May 9 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
OK so as far as I see my application was received in Feb at Missi ok then in June that's the first time I hear from them( just to let you know because of my refugee situation we got a lawyer to do every thing.) they send the e-mail to my lawyer for me to do the meds the meds were done on July 6 2012. then on July 16th my husband got an e-mail of course it was sent to my lawyer too saying that the application as been approved and that the application was forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing,then they give you kng address etc. So do I calculate from the 16th when the package was forward to kng,can I tell you that every time I went to check my application status on line I never see anything lol don't know why but I guess because its my lawyer that does it am just saying but guess what I get every e-mail though.as you can see medical expire along time now :eek: yup

greengurl

Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/02/2013
Interview........
None Required
Passport Req..
16/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/04/2014
LANDED..........
06/06/2014
BullsBelle said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]HEY FAMILY :) I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!! I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY EMAIL TELLING ME THAT IVE BEEN APPROVED TO SPONSOR AND MY HUSBANDS FILE HAS BEEN SENT TI KINGSTON.... [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Congratulations on receiving sponsorship approval!

jojrob1

Aug 15, 2013
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
30-Sept-2014 pc,medical,birth cert.
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
File received in kgn Sep 24,2013
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
23-10-2014-soooo happy
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-1-2015
jahdes said:
No Jahdes I am waiting in JA as well but my hubby is here with me. he hasn't left as yet maybe next year he will go back home.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
Good evening everyone congrats on sponsorship approval. Congrats to those who have heard news. I wonder who will be first to get that PPR call. Please call Chickie, Nev, DG, Maddants, Carm, Danielle come on Kingston.

Kadi can you please update the spreadsheet they started processing our application on Nov 14/13. I was approved as a sponsor Dec 6/12. RPRF requested on June 26. Thank you

cafelatte02

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
Doc's Request.
09/17/2014, birth, marriage cert. and sched. A
AOR Received.
19/04/2013
File Transfer...
03/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/01/2013
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
29/09/2014!!!
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/2014
LANDED..........
PLEASE GOD MAKE HUBBY FLY WITH ME ON OCT19 - AND SO HE DID!
CanJam said:
Hi...

Yes you are right, except for the Quebec selection certificate part. I sponsor my husband from the province of Quebec and I had to do a second sponsorship application as soon as I received my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga. The provincial competence is about the judging the sponsor financial situation and the working skills of the sponsored person. That's why they call it the selection certificate. It took about a month and a half, two months from the time the application was filed to get both my sponsorship approval & my husband's certificate. I brought the papers with me last time I went to JA to spend a week with hubby, and went to Kingston to submit documents as requested but we were told that they only received documents on Tuesday & Thursday at 1:30pm. We had to go to DHL to send them and paid 900 JMD, it was signed by receiver an hour after... Another way to make us spend money, but it was cheaper to send it in JA instead than from here ::)

We are now waiting beggining of 2014 to order our GCMS notes, hoping that will see some movements in our file.