Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
July 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 18, 2013
LANDED..........
March 19, 2014
OOOO my chickie 22 months..i really do hope u hear something this month so u can be with hubby for christmas

@waitingforever..girl i thought when they called you about the courier u would have gotten back passport next day..have u tried emailing them? I still haven't received mine i emailed no response so ill just have to wait

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
DADDYS GIRL said:
Tell me about it. Hope you and Mrs. Maddants are soaking up all the TLC and kindred moments together. These moments are so precious.
yes sis....my wife and i are having a good time here in St. Elizabeth. it very hot here but thank for the rain to kool off the place....i took her to the beach a few times so im head up to kingston to show my wife around. i may just drop by the embassy and hail up all the immigration officers there...... :p :p :p :p :p......we all are going to get thru this immigration process it just a matter of time.

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
Maddants said:
yes sis....my wife and i are having a good time here in St. Elizabeth. it very hot here but thank for the rain to kool off the place....i took her to the beach a few times so im head up to kingston to show my wife around. i may just drop by the embassy and hail up all the immigration officers there...... :p :p :p :p :p......we all are going to get thru this immigration process it just a matter of time.
Maddants which beach did you go to?

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
I was dreading the day that Canada would update the processing times on their website.

This day has finally come.
I'm going to eat a bucket of ice cream and a dozen donuts now.

D

alyssaanthony

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Brampton
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and I've been reading about your stories for awhile now. I filed for my husband in July of this year and the anticipation is killing me! I can't imagine waiting even one more month.. but by the looks of it I have a long time to go!

Quick question.. Have any of you applied for your wife/husband to visit using a Temporary Visa while the Permanent Visa is in processing?

Thinking about doing this... Hoping I can get some of your thoughts/feedback :)

Flowers18

Jul 4, 2013
Oh my goodness Danielle I can't believe it went up another 2 months...I totally have been eating my feelings through this immigration process I am totally eating chocolate ice cream as I type!!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
alyssaanthony said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and I've been reading about your stories for awhile now. I filed for my husband in July of this year and the anticipation is killing me! I can't imagine waiting even one more month.. but by the looks of it I have a long time to go!

Quick question.. Have any of you applied for your wife/husband to visit using a Temporary Visa while the Permanent Visa is in processing?

good morning n welcome to the forum family ..... in response to your question there have been many who have tried to get a trv for there hubby during the wait however most have been unsuccessful. Kingston is very tight on issuing trvs in the first place as u have to prove you have ties to jamaica mhouse land good paying job children etc n even then the chances are slim to none.....addd having a spouce in canda whi has applied for perment residences for you n the chance of getting trv is even slimmer......the road is rough n quite discouraging but you have found us here this page is a support system filled with people who are going through the process n people who have already been through it like my self.....good luck stick around we are here to support you welcome to the famjam......please tell the class a little about your self so our home girl chickie chickie can add u to the spread sheet......if you click on the link below her name you will see the spread sheet with all our stats.....good luck n the process

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Lol my phone has a mind of its own sometimes sorry for the spelling errors the link for for spreadsheet is under chickie72 post

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Good morning. Jam/Fam.

I too noticed that the processing time has changed to changed to 22 months, how sad. How much more can people on the forum endure. **This is just a test of patience** This immigration race is not for the swift but for those who can endure.

I am starting to believe that this is sad way to remind us of what is important and not to waste the time that we have together when we are reunited with our spouse. Maybe it's a way of saying "forget and forgive the small stuff" and concentrate on what is really important, like love. I used to call hubby and get upset for everything little thing out of fustration..the immigration process, the saying goodbye at the airport but now I try to take it all in stride. Instead of getting mad I take the time to tell him how important he is in my life even if we are not physically together. I am working on a different way to connect intimately with him while keeping my sanity.

I know that this process is dreadful..but please remember to be kind to yourself and don't be afraid to Love your way through this process. Everyone will get through it..it is just a matter of time.

Be blessed everyone and have a wonderful day. I feel that Kingston has a surprise for someone this week. Who knows it could be YOU!.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
alyssaanthony said:
Hi Everyone!

Welcome to our forum family aa!

As Ready has explained several people have applied for a TRV during this process and have been unsuccessful. :(

Things have been VERY quiet in Kingston lately but hopefully the passport requests start rolling so we can be reunited with our families!!!!

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the banana boat ride! :D

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
alyssaanthony said:
Hi Everyone!

Me too! Me too!!!! I need to welcome you too! Mostly because I am fairly new myself :). Stick around, we are going to make this fun!

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
GUD MAWNIN FORUM FAMILY!!!!!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
Good Morning Jam Fam;

I took a sabbatical from the forum but was going through withdrawal symptoms so I am back ;D

A BIG WELCOME to all newbies; I wish you all the best on your journey and hope you find the support you need while on the forum with us.

O&O keep the faith; maybe its best to leave now and go prepare for hubby before he arrives in Christmas.

Nev, Chickie I believe the officer that has your files are jealous of your love; they can't hold you down for much longer :p

Maddants I read where you got a call for address verification; this made me smile as I feel shiny visa is on its way. Enjoy wifey and the warm weather.

Big Big Shout out to FAD and C&T for your constant encouragement to the JA Fam :-*

Everyone not called by name nuff love to you all as we are all in this together and every single one of you are in my prayers daily.

Kingston galang with u 22mths; God's will must prevail.

Enjoy the rest of the week family.

CocoVanilla

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07JAN14
AOR Received.
12FEB14 (Sponsorship Approval)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03DEC14
VISA ISSUED...
05DEC14 (passport returned 19DEC14)
LANDED..........
20DEC14
Good morning everyone!

Just catching up on reading the forum. Thanks for the well wishes!
The wedding went great and we had great weather. I didn't want the day to end!!

We are in Port Antonio right now enjoying a little honeymoon. :)

I'm feeling so discouraged about the 22 month processing time. Sigh.......

C'mon Kingston.... Please make someone's day today!!!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
saskia said:
OOOO my chickie 22 months..i really do hope u hear something this month so u can be with hubby for christmas

@ waitingforever..girl i thought when they called you about the courier u would have gotten back passport next day..have u tried emailing them? I still haven't received mine i emailed no response so ill just have to wait
OMG 3 months to get your passport back.....that just sucks! I would be going out of my mind !!!!