07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
carm_cnd said:
You got through??? how long did he come for? this distance is a killer. What happens if he gets approved for PR while he is here on a visiting visa would he need to go back to jamaica or can we just send his passport
nooo I didn't even try my hubby has no ties to JA he don't wanna go back until we retire! Lol but I said some have tried and gotten thru. I know tamarind is on a trv and she just got ppr and I don't think u have to go back to Ja u just have to go to the closest border and cross over and come back for your landing I think. I think if your hubby has ties to Ja and money in the bank etc then go ahead and try the most they can say is no! Another girl from the pos thread tries to get a trv for her hubby when her mom passed away but she was denied. U just never know I guess

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
carm_cnd said:
Has anyone ever called the Kingston office for updates? or is that an automated system?
i have never tried I too figured it would be automated lol

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
carm_cnd said:
Well it would be to Jamaica, I know I just talked to my friend who moved her dogs to DR while they wait for their application to get approved she said it cost about 2500 CND and I think my Dog is too big to move.
Wow I knew it was costly but I didnt think it was THAT costly!!!! Geeez they government gets you one way or another huh? ::)

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
Hi Jam/Fam. I hope everyone will have a great w/e. For those who are not working try to enjoy yourself For those who are working I pray for your strength.

First of all I want to say "sorry". I am not posting to bring anyone down in the valley with me this AM. I am just venting. This process is slowly taking a toll on me. I am feeling so discouraged, I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong I have lots to keep me busy, but when the nights come it is a killer. How many dishes, laundry, cleaning the house, read books, talk on the phone etc.. can I do. God I need my husband here with me. I want to experience being a wife living with her husband. Don't get me wrong I know that everyday is not going to be like cherry pie but I still need my husband here with me. I understand that there are people who have been waiting so much longer than me..but, God I still need my husband. Now!.

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
SweetieQ said:
Hi Jam/Fam. I hope everyone will have a great w/e. For those who are not working try to enjoy yourself For those who are working I pray for your strength.

First of all I want to say "sorry". I am not posting to bring anyone down in the valley with me this AM. I am just venting. This process is slowly taking a toll on me. I am feeling so discouraged, I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't get me wrong I have lots to keep me busy, but when the nights come it is a killer. How many dishes, laundry, cleaning the house, read books, talk on the phone etc.. can I do. God I need my husband here with me. I want to experience being a wife living with her husband. Don't get me wrong I know that everyday is not going to be like cherry pie but I still need my husband here with me. I understand that there are people who have been waiting so much longer than me..but, God I still need my husband. Now!.
Awww, SweetieQ, I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It doesn't matter if you've been in this process for six months or for two years, each day we spend apart from our significant others is too long. God is going to bring your husband to you and you will feel complete. And believe me, you may not see it now, but there is a big, beautiful, bright light at the end of the tunnel. Look at all of the people that have gotten through! They have been in the exact place you are, feeling the exact same way. They have told us that once their spouses land in Canada, all of this 'misery' is a distant memory. Hang in there, my girl, and before you know it, your hubby will be with you...where he belongs. :-*

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Nevaeha said:
Awww, SweetieQ, I'm sorry you are feeling this way. It doesn't matter if you've been in this process for six months or for two years, each day we spend apart from our significant others is too long. God is going to bring your husband to you and you will feel complete. And believe me, you may not see it now, but there is a big, beautiful, bright light at the end of the tunnel. Look at all of the people that have gotten through! They have been in the exact place you are, feeling the exact same way. They have told us that once their spouses land in Canada, all of this 'misery' is a distant memory. Hang in there, my girl, and before you know it, your hubby will be with you...where he belongs. :-*
Awww Nev you encouraged me with this post. Last night I broke down and cried my eyes out because like SweetieQ I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. Feel so selfish because people like you and chickie have been waiting for so much longer. It is unfair. What the heck are they doing down there???!!! ???

SweetieQ

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
When God is ready for us.
SweetieQ said:

Oh my God please hear my cry. I know that your time is perfect that your timing is not my timing but dear Lord my father you see and you know all. My heart is heavy, my souls is getting weary. I am trying so hard to keep focused on you as I go along this journey. Please help me to keep my eye on you and not on this process. Keep me strong. Let me feel your presence, redirect my thoughts when I start to get, weary, overwhelmed, doubtful, when I feel like giving up. Help me to remember that things could be so much worse. Help me, remind me to be thankful to you for your grace and mercy that you have already showed me. Remind me to thankful to you for providing me with great health, a home, family friend that love me, a great career that I love. You have given me a sound mind. Thank you for waking me up today to give you thanks. Please forgive me when I question your timing. Give me understanding, patience. Lord I thank you for everything. The bible says I should praise you at all times. Today help me to remember that you alone knows my heart. Forgive me Lord when I complain. Only you Lord understand. I am praying for the spirit of patience and understanding and forgiveness today. Lord I am asking in your name to take this cup from me. In Jesus name, Amen!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
fromadistance said:
Awww Nev you encouraged me with this post. Last night I broke down and cried my eyes out because like SweetieQ I do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. Feel so selfish because people like you and chickie have been waiting for so much longer. It is unfair. What the heck are they doing down there???!!! ???
Good morning fromadistance! :D

This is not an easy journey, is it? At least we can find comfort in one another and know that there are many of us travelling this road together. And you're not being selfish, you miss your hubby and you want him home with you and your daughter.
:-*

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Going to the border is one option and might be quicker in terms of getting your passport stamped etc by immigration officer. Other alternative would be to call CIC and they would call nearest immigration local office to you and then that office would send you a letter confirming an appt to go in and get paperwork done. This could be time consuming depending on how busy the office is but it might also be more convenient. CIC said getting an appt could take anywhere between 1 and 3 months.

et
chickie72 said:
nooo I didn't even try my hubby has no ties to JA he don't wanna go back until we retire! Lol but I said some have tried and gotten thru. I know tamarind is on a trv and she just got ppr and I don't think u have to go back to Ja u just have to go to the closest border and cross over and come back for your landing I think. I think if your hubby has ties to Ja and money in the bank etc then go ahead and try the most they can say is no! Another girl from the pos thread tries to get a trv for her hubby when her mom passed away but she was denied. U just never know I guess
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SweetieQ said:

hey there sis......how are you doing.. everyone here know exactly what you are going true... but remember that god is not going to give you what you cant bare. most of the time i feel down about this process but one thing i know is that it not going to go on forever at all. If it not for my wife i would be a lost soul trying to find away home to here but she is the one that guide me with the help of the lord. you will get your hubby to you hopefully before the year is over. i know where i stand but it very frustrating same ways know that your application is collecting dust like my own. since they told me about the interview i been studying the questions and asking myself some questions that just pop up in my head. i know that god is not going to sell me short at all and im not going to stop fighting to get to my wife at all. so sis it good to vent and just know in your heart that hubby is right around the corner peaking at you. but one day he will have to come around from the corner so you can see him in the flesh. i hope this post can cheer you up and everyone here aswel

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
fromadistance said:
hey there sis....yes it very frustrating that we are not with our other half at all......a few of us on this forum are waiting for a very longtime included myself but i know what is going on with my files and they don't... I know everyone want to get thru a.s.a.p. I know that we are here praying for that day when our spouse will be reunited with each other.....Nev, Chickie Child of God, and Daddys Girl, Our day is coming very sooner than you think. time is going by fast when you don't relies it at all so just hold the faith with me and God will sure deliver.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
hey there sis just passing thru. how things going on with you...im just here sick with the flu that why I have not been online and my adapter for my modem broke so I have to buy one when I get back to st. Elizabeth...im here in Kingston right now pacing back and forth at the embassy wondering when will it be my time to walk in that building to go for my interview and get my passport stamped.. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p..........but truly im just here visiting my father here in Kingston ghetto "Waterhouse" but I will be back home on wednseday though....... hey my favor color is purple and I would sure like to see a purple light at the end of the tunnel with my wife waiting for me :p :p :p :p

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Maddants said:
hey there sis just passing thru. how things going on with you...im just here sick with the flu that why I have not been online and my adapter for my modem broke so I have to buy one when I get back to st. Elizabeth...im here in Kingston right now pacing back and forth at the embassy wondering when will it be my time to walk in that building to go for my interview and get my passport stamped.. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p..........but truly im just here visiting my father here in Kingston ghetto "Waterhouse" but I will be back home on wednseday though....... hey my favor color is purple and I would sure like to see a purple light at the end of the tunnel with my wife waiting for me :p :p :p :p
I see your purple light at the end of the tunnel, Maddants! I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well...get better soon.

I am hoping there is some movement with my hubby's application this week...my GCMS notes have a due date for July 6 (which is today) so I'm praying for a miracle that my hubby's phone will be ringing on Monday!!! :p

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
SweetieQ said:
Boy am I having a hard time falling asleep tonight!

17 more days to be in hubby`s arms. I am excited already.

Come on Kingston..Give us some more great news. We are all waiting.

Be blessed.
hey sis I hope you get to your hubby safe and sound...im glad that things with you and hubby are going great....

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
I see your purple light at the end of the tunnel, Maddants! I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well...get better soon.

I am hoping there is some movement with my hubby's application this week...my GCMS notes have a due date for July 6 (which is today) so I'm praying for a miracle that my hubby's phone will be ringing on Monday!!! :p
I hope the same thing also......come on Kingston give us what we requested