File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
i just wondering when they said 15 months processing is that start from the day i send the application or from the day Kingston received the application or from the day they start processing the papers because until now we haven't got anything from Kingston other than the AOR that my husband received in February 16 , 2009 medical and police clearance expired and nothing yet until now. MP email them and no reply :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i don`t know what more to do. What is Caips and how to i request that...Congrats to all the people that get thru.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Good morning all especially to my white ooman LCW :p

Missinmybaby, why is it taking you so long for your papers to process? Do you have an unusual case that KG is dealing with? I am very sorry that this is taking longer then expected. It seems like it's been forever and you still haven't heard a thing. Please share your experience.

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Aaaawww! I seem to be the only one here, right now so I will just give you my two sense

My Experience is I sent an application in November 21 and the Sponsor Approval takes approximately one month then it is sent to Kingston, December.

Kingston receive the application they sent a pre-generated letter say this application will take six months.

So I assume that it was from they receive it because online it say that they started processing my application on January 13, so I am counting from then...

CIC website states 7 months but I assume that include the month that the sponsor wait to be approved too

Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in the Americas/Kingston

30% of cases finalized in: 7 (months)
50% of cases finalized in:13 (months)
70% of cases finalized in:13 (months)
80% of cases finalized in:15 (months)

so there is truly a one month different between what KG tells you in AOR letter and whats posted online but I think the overall process will take the time posted on the CIC website.

Hope this helps,

By the way welcome to the Forum... see your new too... for a while I was wondering why it say newbie* because I thought you were missingmyhubby...... but I see your missingmybaby. aren't we all... lol :) ;)

I wish you all the best and I hop you hear something really soon ... cant be much longer honey....

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
i know its very long and sometimes i just feel like give up if just the love we feel for each other that make us strong and been to Jamaica 4 times already since my husband was send back after we get married he came as farm worker and not lucky he listen to his dumb brother to get out to the farm and overstayed in Canada for 4 years and apply for PRRA but get denied immigration and border told us that he have to go back to Jamaica and then i can just sponsor him after they let him stay one month more after our wedding i meet him last November in 2007 and get married in august 2008 and send his application in Oct. 2008 Kingston got his application in DEC 2008 and he received his Aor in February after that nothing until now and i called immigration here so many times and they told me that if anything missing on his paper they always request it 3 to 4 months after they received his paper and nothing no document request at all and mp e mail them so many time they don't reply and the last time i email them last February 2 days before i go to Jamaica they told me not to contact the office in 60 days so figured out we will hear from them after that but until now nothing at all and it really stressing me out. I don`t know what more to do . :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: sad to say now his stupid brother can`t even help him after all the money my husband give him just to help him out with his paper while he was here.

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Anxiouslywaiting said:
Aaaawww! I seem to be the only one here, right now so I will just give you my two sense

My Experience is I sent an application in November 21 and the Sponsor Approval takes approximately one month then it is sent to Kingston, December.

Kingston receive the application they sent a pre-generated letter say this application will take six months.

So I assume that it was from they receive it because online it say that they started processing my application on January 13, so I am counting from then...

CIC website states 7 months but I assume that include the month that the sponsor wait to be approved too

Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in the Americas/Kingston

30% of cases finalized in: 7 (months)
50% of cases finalized in:13 (months)
70% of cases finalized in:13 (months)
80% of cases finalized in:15 (months)

so there is truly a one month different between what KG tells you in AOR letter and whats posted online but I think the overall process will take the time posted on the CIC website.

Hope this helps,

By the way welcome to the Forum... see your new too... for a while I was wondering why it say newbie* because I thought you were missingmyhubby...... but I see your missingmybaby. aren't we all... lol :) ;)

I wish you all the best and I hop you hear something really soon ... cant be much longer honey....
so i guess i have to start counting from february 9 since ecas said application start processing that day i was in forum before but hardly have a chance to sign in sometimes i just read all post..thank you for your help...

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Missingmybaby, my prediction is you should be hearing from them soon. Very very soon. It cant take them that long to say nothing. I am sure he will have to apply for ARC as well too.

Keep bugging them until you get answers my friend.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Missing, i too strongly suggest you order CAIPS notes to get an idea as to what is happening with your file.

I don't know of the exact link but you can google CAIPS notes and follow the link to CIC's website. It's a small fee you pay but I think it'll help answer some questions.

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
Am so sorry to hear your story :( my dear, but true love always wins! in the end it may be long, but not forever.. this can be a very long and tedious process you just have to be very strong...

Every case is different, so obviously it gets treated different but in the meantime you should try to save anything that you have to support your relationship with him all them ticket stub..

that shows that you flew back home to look for him any WU receipt if you send money for him.. any phone calls, emails keep a record of it.

Because sometimes the good will suffer for the bad, but in case they call him in for an interview any supporting evidence of the relationship will definitely help your case..

I really hope you hear something really soon..

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Forum...... Big up each and everyone on of you... Real, Anxious, missingbaby, confused... i see your keepin the vibes going this morning!

Sheraig... wha gwan? i got to work late yesterday and had only a few hours to catch up on the missed time so yea... cut out the forum chat yesterday but dont count me out today if things keep quiet around here.... gotta have something to kill me time and i love a good laugh!

The timeline stated on the website is from the time the package reaches kingston - Aprrox 1 week after Missisuaga states on this sponsorship approval letter when they sent the package to KG. My package reached kingston April 7th but online it says that they started processing my file in June (a short while after i received my aor). So start counting 1 week after missisauga sent your application to KG.

Missingmybaby.... Have you been in touch with your MP? Have you sent any emails to Kingston? Can you give us an update on your file - is there children on the file? Have either one of you been married before? Has your hubby left Jamaica before? Has he lived in any other country for more than 6 consecutive months?

I would suggest ordering caipes notes but most importantly I would be getting in touch with your local MP for sure - Sometimes they are a waste of time but a lot of women on here have actually got a lot of help from their MPs.

Soanxiouswifey.... I think i missed the original post asking about changing address so I am not 100 sure what it was about so forgive me if this post is totally irrellevant to what you were asking....but i know you can change your address on ecas. I had to do it because for some reason ecas had the wrong address on file for me - they actually had my old address which was kinda bizarre because no where on the application did i mention my old address.... Fingers crossed your here in Canada for Caribanna girl... that is my favourite time of year here in Toronto - what a warm welcome that will be... I am trying to get to MoBay for sumfest end of July.... i need a vacation BAD!

I am going through jamaica withdrawal right now.. despite the tough times yes... but man i could use some of the beach and sun and rum and sweet music and fresh crisp breezy sea air and some real ground food and fresh mango and neesberry and some deep fried Bammy and some conch soup and some callillou and some ackee fresh off the tree and a ice cold red stripe and and and............. i could go on and on and on...

kenswife

Star Member
May 17, 2010
Good mornin forum friends :D
hope everyone is have a good day so far, Rosemel dont worry my dear we all go through those periods when we feel like we want to go in our corners and curl up until our husbands arrive, sometimes i feel like my life is on hold until i see him again. KC i totally understand how u feel re. JA withdrawl thankfully only one more sleep till i see my huzzy for 10 days yeah cant wait.....
gotta finish packing!!
good luck to everyone and hopefully we will all hear some good news from kg
bye for now
KW :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
KC you are making me want to just go right now cant wait for July....

I hate to be the only one with Good News to share..

LCW and HF you guys are like Prophets on here, My husband got the call at 12:10...for his PPR

I scream so hard in my office you think I won the lottery or something, I don't care. ;D ;D... because I did... OMG

I have not seen my baby since we left the Bahamas in October, can you imagine going on your honeymoon and then taking two different planes to two different country, him back to Jamaica me back to Toronto, that was the hardest day of my life I cried all the way home.... :(

Now I wish I had book my ticket sooner instead of July.... OMG ... still cant even believe.... we are still in May... as great as I feel inside.

I know the feeling of some ladies that have got through already, but I also share the pain of those who are still waiting... but just know that your day will come too... sooner than later I hope....

You guys were very encouraging and supportive... Great forum Buddies.

Anxiouslywaiting

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
LANDED..........
25-07-2010
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: ;D ;D.... Cant even explain how am feeling right now, shocked/surprised I may as well just take my lunch and go home, my heart is overwhelm I don't think I can get anymore work done today.

OMG I have to start looking for tickets for him to come back with us in July.....................Yeah

Wow

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Anxiouslywaiting.... wow :eek: love the great news! that is amazing and i am so happy for you. I know exactly how it feels i bet you wont get a bit of work done for the next little while... it feels surreal dont?- You are going to JA in July... ? Is hubby going to come to Canada before and then go back in July with you or are you guys gonna wait it out and then have hubby come back with you in July?

Girl i know just how you feel after your honeymoon leaving your man... true we had our honeymoon in JA but when i left that time it was the hardest time ever leaving him... how could i be leaving my HUSBAND in ja? ah well... gotta do what we gotta do...

Cant believe how some of these applications are happening so fast but it seems that our long long time forum friends are just getting put on the back burner... its bizarre... it come like they working arse backwards... but i guess no one should have priorty over one so it is in the hands of god and the stinking IO workers...

I am happy for any update and I believe "every hoe has their stick a bush" and once we find that perfect match (hoe and stick / handle ) that that bond cannot be broken so in due time all of our forum family members will be reunited with their significant others!

Good Things come to those who wait....

Nothing good comes easy...

God willing.....

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Wow - its only been 5 months or so right Anxious? Good for you....

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Kenswife... have fun in JA.... endulge in all things beautiful in JA for me... you must be so excited right now... you must have already got your hair done and your nails done and all that stuff right?