App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
I have been emailing them since last month every week and no response so I kind of eased off (at least for now till I get more vibes to add more pressure). However, I did email them a receipt recently - about two weeks ago and asked them to acknowledge receipt and to my surprise almost instantly I got response in addition to the automatic response so that's all I can say I ever got from them. so they're working behind the scenes but just a bit tardy right now but very much alive. Dont' worry they will surprise us before month is out. They have to. I am claiming it.

Samilanaire said:
Patience patience patience trust n believe kingston... Has anyone emailed kingston latelyamd receive any response?
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I predict May i dont think there anything to come for April but i dont mind the surprise at all atleast I know something is happening just have to sit n relax n wait on Kingston I agree with you

josephine196901

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
01-04-2013
File Transfer...
05-05-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
I wonder how long my wait will be.......... the medical was done in February 2013. The application was received on Feb 25, 2013. I was approved as sponsor on April 18, 2013. File sent on April 18, 2013. What is the average time we are looking at, for someone being sponsored as family status (my husband) -- no dependents, no criminal background, all documentation. Can anyone give me an idea?? ;D

missfrustrated

Apr 13, 2013
Hey everyone, how is it going? Well I went to Kingston yesterday and submitted my passport. So now I guess I'll just wait patiently for its return. Come on Kingston!! I think 18 months is a really long time to be waiting on my applicaton to completed; need to be with hubby!!!!

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
greengurl said:
I am wondering how you find out the date on when the application is forwarded to Kingston?
It has been a month today since I received an email that our Sponsorship was approved.
To find out try calling the CIC office. I did that and they told me the date when it got sent. But good luck if you try to phone them. In the past month, I have been phoning them about the notes I requested a long time ago. Their lines are busier than ever and it is a long wait to talk to someone. It use to be 10 minute wait, but now it has gone up to 30 minute wait. Once I was calling them all week and automated response said there were experiencing a high volume of calls, try again later, basically they said. After all that, then I would get disconnected. Don't know what is up with them but I hope they start answering some of our questions soon. Makes me wonder why they have representatives to answer phones and they are to busy to take calls. But just praying for them to get their work done, that is all we have right now.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
josephine196901 said:
I wonder how long my wait will be.......... the medical was done in February 2013. The application was received on Feb 25, 2013. I was approved as sponsor on April 18, 2013. File sent on April 18, 2013. What is the average time we are looking at, for someone being sponsored as family status (my husband) -- no dependents, no criminal background, all documentation. Can anyone give me an idea?? ;D
good evening and welcome to the forum. If you click on the link below my purple thing, you will see our spreadsheet that lists everyone from the forum and their timelines, I have added you to the spreadsheet also. You can use this to see how soon or how long people have gotten thru but honestly and truly everyone is different and Kingston is really unpredictable on how they do things. Welcome again and blessings.

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations ms fustrated yes hopefully its soon for u now may i ask ur timeline so chickie can add u to the spreadsheet

Akiikwe

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Hubby...Decemebr 9, 2011 & expired. med redone and handed in at interview on Sept. 17/13
Interview........
September 17, 2013
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello forum family,
I resent for notes again but this time I did on line yesterday, Gonna see what is up. Never got the other ones and it is going on 2 months? I phoned the CIC office and eventually got through and they told me they got the request, but Kingston didn't send any information. Basically it is up to Kingston to make up their mind when they are going to send it. CIC apologized for the lateness and said they couldn't do nothing until Kingston sends them the information. They just said hey will send asap when they get the information. I am gonna see if the second request goes through, and if they come before my first, I will be contacting them for a refund of the first request. But will see what happens first. If they keep letting the dust pile up on our file, then dirt will be so thick their eyes will cloud over. Sometimes I think, "What did they do with our file?"
It is like it is lost somewhere.

But I am just hoping that no one else has to go through what me and Maddants have been through. I spent a week taking all the e-mails I sent, putting events dated and in chronological order, the mistakes made, (namely sending us information with someone else's e-mails attached, and lost letter they sent to me that had to be requested to CIC to send again which took almost 5 months), the apologies sent to us..just so I can see the timeline on what is happening. I am just doing this in case I have to take it one step further. It is just my anger speaking after seeing the list I made. Both me and Maddants are just taking it one day at a time and not giving up faith. I have been trying to keep myself per-occupied with extra work and just keeping busy to keep my mind of of it. But in May...going to JA to be with Hubby. One thing I have to look forward to. ;D Later friends, time for me to eat. LOL!

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is really sad i really hope u hear something very soon yes n wen u go to ja make sure to give dem more information plane ticket stub etc i really hope u get baq ur notes this time we are all in this waiting game with kingston n all we ask for are updates cone on kingston we have faith in you send us sum great news

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Sept 21 2013/medical redo/ police redo/ marriage cert/all supporting docs
Med's Done....
July 15 2012/ Sept 21 2013
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
Hello everyone. I have not been on here in months because I have a busyschedule ...congrats. to everyone who has been blessed lately by Kngtn.
Just want to share the email I recieved from Jason Kenney office regarding our application. An interesting read ..

I am replying to your email correspondence of March 26, 2013 addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the application for permanent residence of your husband, Mr...

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Our records confirm that your husband’s application for permanent residence was received at the visa office on Kingston in September 2012 and is currently in process. Information on processing times can be found on our Web site at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp .

Please note that foreign nationals who have been deported from Canada must first obtain a written Authority to Return to Canada (ARC) at their closest Canadian visa office outside Canada and reimburse the Government of Canada for all costs associated with their previous removal(s), prior to attempting to re-enter.

The Immigration Program Manager will consider the information submitted and will decide if an ARC can be issued. Normally applications for ARC are accompanied by an application for permanent or temporary residence. Provided there are no other grounds of inadmissibility and consent is given, the application may be approved. Officers at a Canadian visa office abroad will provide ARC instructions to a client once an application for permanent or temporary residence has reached a specific stage of processing. Further information can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp.

Although I am unable to provide a specific time frame for this case to be finalized, please be assured that your husband will be contacted should officers require additional information, documentation or a personal interview.

While I realize that this situation is distressing to you, I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well atleast u receive a response thats gud acknowledging that kgn has ur app n it is in process but i do believe we understand different apps diff processing times however sometimes a simple email they dont answer but it was indeed an interesting read as it outline what can delay application processing

dlmo77

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Brampton ON
Category........
Visa Office......
KGTN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 26 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC request Feb 12 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 19 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 26 2012
Med's Request
Sept 21 2013/medical redo/ police redo/ marriage cert/all supporting docs
Med's Done....
July 15 2012/ Sept 21 2013
Interview........
Oct 7 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2015
My ecas has never changed to in process tho...just shows us that they don't update the system at same time for every application either. Every one is different as we do all know.

Got to keep positive and I'm just waiting for the 18 months to pass considering our complex situation of the failed refugee claim ...I am assuming that will hold us up for some months more along with ARC process on top of that.

danielle902

Oct 6, 2011
Barrie Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21st 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2nd 2012
Med's Request
Nov 9th 2012
Med's Done....
July 24 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec 9 2012
LANDED..........
before xmas? maybe?
dlmo77 said:
My ecas has never changed to in process tho...just shows us that they don't update the system at same time for every application either. Every one is different as we do all know.

Got to keep positive and I'm just waiting for the 18 months to pass considering our complex situation of the failed refugee claim ...I am assuming that will hold us up for some months more along with ARC process on top of that.
The more people I see on here that are having troubles with KGN, along with super long wait times the more discouraging it gets. I know that this must be a lengthly process but it all seems unrealistic.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Good morning everyone. Two days left for Kingston to show us some magic.

-Tintin, Samilinaire & missfrustrated - send them back their passports, their hubbies are waiting to come home!
-Maddants & Akikwe - hook them up with an interview date and send them their notes, they have been waiting too long
-chickie72 - request my hubby's ARC......he wants to come home to his wife (he misses me!:))
-everyone else that I missed but didn't forget! - send them their PPR, ask for additional documents, change them to in process.....give us some sort of bone, it has been way to quiet on here!
Happy Thursday everyone!

Blessings