+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
carm_cnd said:
Well I think we are going to spend our time in Ochi. His family lives in St.Mary because this is a short trip I would perfer it just be him and I alone this trip. plus it was an unplanned trip so I didnt have a chance to save that much no trip around the island this time. :) My hope is that either he comes home with me or that I waste this trip and he comes next month lol I have a feeling its going to happen soon
Ocho is beautiful I want to go to the riu so badly lol. I was tired of people always around his family and friends. I told them I don't want visiting but the whole day really I need time alone with hubby. Father in law was upset but I didn't care. I spent a lot of money to come down I just wanted to have that time with hubby. I hope u enjoy ur time go tanning. I love my brown skin now lol need more tanning.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
jadianna said:
Yes westjet teef. Which airline you recommend? And I have been wondering if we can get increased baggage allowance since we are going up to get our landing and we are migrating.
Carribean airlines I believe it's 2 free checked luggage I don't know what their cost for a third luggage. Air canada measures their luggage so I wouldn't fly with them. Air transit flies to mo bay u can check them out. Also America airlines.

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
jadianna said:
Yes westjet teef. Which airline you recommend? And I have been wondering if we can get increased baggage allowance since we are going up to get our landing and we are migrating.
sellout aka Carribean airways is the only carrier that does not charge for a second piece and their rates are usaually in the lower end of all flights going to Jamaica (Kingston anyways as there is the only airport i go to )

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
oneandonly said:
Carribean airlines I believe it's 2 free checked luggage I don't know what their cost for a third luggage. Air canada measures their luggage so I wouldn't fly with them. Air transit flies to mo bay u can check them out. Also America airlines.
omg no for air transat my mom went down on that to mobay they charged her 15 dollars a killo for an additional bag

jadianna

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
some time in august 2012
AOR Received.
november 13, 2012
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
september 24, 2012
Med's Request
february 12, 2013
Med's Done....
february 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
Guys, I am going to canada, not in canada coming to ja. Just incase I was misunderstood. And won't I still have to take another plane to go from toronto to saskatoon? Which might still charge me for the extra bag?

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
jadianna said:
Guys, I am going to canada, not in canada coming to ja. Just incase I was misunderstood. And won't I still have to take another plane to go from toronto to saskatoon? Which might still charge me for the extra bag?
They will still charge for extra bags coming into Canada.....just verify with the airline that you book with.

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
yolo1980 said:
sellout aka Carribean airways is the only carrier that does not charge for a second piece and their rates are usaually in the lower end of all flights going to Jamaica (Kingston anyways as there is the only airport i go to )
KGN airport the guy pissed me off about I have to pay for my seat and luggage. He got one good cuss I tell u I paid for my seat when I booked my ticket. When I got to the airport hubby asked where westjet check in counter was. The woman said I missed my flight that was leaving at 120pm and I got there at 11am. She got a good cuss as well that airport got me in a bad mood.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
oneandonly said:
Ocho is beautiful I want to go to the riu so badly lol. I was tired of people always around his family and friends. I told them I don't want visiting but the whole day really I need time alone with hubby. Father in law was upset but I didn't care. I spent a lot of money to come down I just wanted to have that time with hubby. I hope u enjoy ur time go tanning. I love my brown skin now lol need more tanning.
thank you! thats how I feel too its that I just spent a lot of money to come see u not everyone and to be with everyone all day. Nope I am going to be greedy and they get to see him all the time its my turn lol

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
oneandonly said:
KGN airport the guy pissed me off about I have to pay for my seat and luggage. He got one good cuss I tell u I paid for my seat when I booked my ticket. When I got to the airport hubby asked where westjet check in counter was. The woman said I missed my flight that was leaving at 120pm and I got there at 11am. She got a good cuss as well that airport got me in a bad mood.
Even if you didn't pay for a seat - which you did pay for one - they should NOT be charging at the airport when you check in. Seats are free 24 hours with online checkin or at the airport.

Luggage you have to pay for at the airport unless the airline allows you to pre pay it online 24 hours prior. WestJet doesn't allow you to do that as they need to weigh the bags.

jadianna said:
Also there are not many direct flights to Saskatoon and you will most likely land in Toronto or Calgary first - this is also where you will clear customs and immigration. When travelling within Canada you are only allowed 1 piece of baggage. After that you need to pay for the second one. Usually it's per piece however if it is over weight then they charge you per kilo.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
oneandonly said:
Process is such an expensive one I might just go down when hubby is about to come home. His wish is to fly home together. When I came through Pearson Friday when I walked through the doors I felt like a celebrity with paparazzi all around lol. It was so awkward one person walking through the doors at a time like a runway model. Better we fly home together less attention focused lol.
yes it is very expensive especially if you are supporting your husband also..... I drop all my change into a Jamaica jar for my next ticket LOL

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
carm_cnd said:
thank you! thats how I feel too its that I just spent a lot of money to come see u not everyone and to be with everyone all day. Nope I am going to be greedy and they get to see him all the time its my turn lol
Absolutely agree that's how I felt

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
kmah said:
I told hubby that I want to come down to get him and fly home with him, that way I we can bring back 2 suitcases full of his clothes - he has more clothes than I do!
lol thats funny!

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
@ Chickie.....sent you a PM :)

oneandonly

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2012
sammystorm19 said:
Even if you didn't pay for a seat - which you did pay for one - they should NOT be charging at the airport when you check in. Seats are free 24 hours with online checkin or at the airport.

They just wanted to make some cash on the side. You know what happens when I'm left alone I draw attention.

Luggage you have to pay for at the airport unless the airline allows you to pre pay it online 24 hours prior. WestJet doesn't allow you to do that as they need to weigh the bags.

Also there are not many direct flights to Saskatoon and you will most likely land in Toronto or Calgary first - this is also where you will clear customs and immigration. When travelling within Canada you are only allowed 1 piece of baggage. After that you need to pay for the second one. Usually it's per piece however if it is over weight then they charge you per kilo.