Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
chickie72 said:
send phone records too and if you visited JA at all, send a copy of your ticket to show.
thanks defiantly will send in everything

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
Please note however that the open work permit only applies to inland applicants NOT outland. Outland applicants are not allowed to work until PR status received. Inland applicants can apply for OWP at the same time of submitting application and once AIP (approval in principle) received you will receive OWP.

jadianna said:
I have heard that when you marry a citizen or permanent resident you get what is known as an open work permit. This is the premise on which I intend to get my husband-to-be to be able to work and stay with me once I get my landing. We are planning to get married July, he already has a temporary resident visa so he will come up, get married, and he can get the open work permit so he can work. That way we can be together while the filing is processed. (I will begin filing a soon as we get married)

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyldim said:
Hi everyone, hope you are all fine. So here goes my update. I went to the airport with my sis, to pick up my husband, flight came in at 7:15, and he came through those doors in all his glory(lol). I was so happy and excited, I ran to him and he picked me up and I got the longest kiss anyone could ever have. I did not remember that people were around. He looked so fantastic, cause he loves to dress up.we left the airport, dropped my sis off, and we went bowling , which he beat me, and then went for dinner. When we got home, the party was on, if you know what I mean.....lol!! We had a marathon, even up till today( not weak yet...lol) . Hope you all don't mind all the sex talk.....lol. I had a awesome 28th birthday with my sexy husband. Best birthday ever. I had a smooth sailing with this immigration process' really can't complain(7 months). I had a awesome visa officer, who put a little note in my husband's package saying " enjoy your lives together". I really wish some of you will have her to deal with.. I wish for you guys, old members and new members all the best in this process. All I know when this process is all over for you all, never forget what kept you together, and hold on to each other for dear life, and always, always put GOD before your marriage. I love you all even tho I have not met you, and HAPPY SUNDAY!!!
Aww that is awesome. Love that story, yes wonderful visa officer indeed. You are so lucky. Congratulation

jadianna

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
some time in august 2012
AOR Received.
november 13, 2012
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
september 24, 2012
Med's Request
february 12, 2013
Med's Done....
february 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
tamarindball said:
Please note however that the open work permit only applies to inland applicants NOT outland. Outland applicants are not allowed to work until PR status received. Inland applicants can apply for OWP at the same time of submitting application and once AIP (approval in principle) received you will receive OWP.
Thank you for replying! My guy would be staying in canada after the wedding and I would apply for pr immediately after the wedding. So can he get the open work permit since he will be staying and applying from within canada?

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
The location FROM which you apply is not the deciding factor as to whether inland vs outland. You can apply within or outside of Canada but it's where the documents are sent so if you choose outside of Canada - Kingston? then that's outland, but if you choose inland - inside Canada - then the docs will not be sent outland and will remain in Canada and in that case he could apply for OWP but otherwise NO.

jadianna said:
Thank you for replying! My guy would be staying in canada after the wedding and I would apply for pr immediately after the wedding. So can he get the open work permit since he will be staying and applying from within canada?
lonelycanadianwifey said:

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chickie72 said:
awww that brought tears to my eyes it was sooo sweet....that was nice of your officer to put a note in there too! Sex did someone say sex? Can someone please explain what that is too me. The name rings a bell in my mind but not really remembering to well! :p

Welcome Mr TYLDIM to Canada!
lmao too funny

jadianna

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
some time in august 2012
AOR Received.
november 13, 2012
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
september 24, 2012
Med's Request
february 12, 2013
Med's Done....
february 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
march 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2013
LANDED..........
May 3, 2013
tamarindball said:
The location FROM which you apply is not the deciding factor as to whether inland vs outland. You can apply within or outside of Canada but it's where the documents are sent so if you choose outside of Canada - Kingston? then that's outland, but if you choose inland - inside Canada - then the docs will not be sent outland and will remain in Canada and in that case he could apply for OWP but otherwise NO.
Ok I see. Thank you. So which do you think is the better option. Inland or outland? Which is quicker, especially as it relates to the work permit because he really doesn't want to just sit at home and can't work.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hello all,

New week hoping someone or all of us get some news!

I am addicted to checking ECAS even if I know deep down there would be no change from the last time I checked. SMH

TruLuvKiss

Mar 16, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
Still waiting
File Transfer...
22-01-2013
jadianna said:
c
Thanks guys! I hope u r right though. My dad says if we get the pasepprts today by Wednesday we will be in canada. He's in such a hurry. He has a job waiting on him from last january. We r selling out everytyhing in the house now. We need someone to live in it when we r gone. Can't find anyone suitable as yet.
Hey jadianna congrats....where in Canada will you be living. and where in Jamaica do you live now? are you guys renting the house?

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yolo1980 said:
good morning everyone

some news from our end my husband received an email from Kingston asking for phone records, a new copy of schedule A form and western union receipts. I find this very strange because we sent in all of this with our original application does anyone know why they would be asking for this again?
I am now worried that they are questioning our relationship, do they think all that we sent was forged or something am i over analyzing things? oh dear Worried Wendy in the building here.
He was told he can courier it in with fed-ex or DHL or drop them off at the security.
Oh eemmm gee I think that is great news and that is fast that they are processing you already. Sweet congratulation