+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akiikwe said:
Hello everyone, I am just dropping by this late evening. I have been reading all the post since I was last on this forum. It took me about 4 hours to read it all! LOL! :) Welcome to the newbee's here as I was a newbee not to long ago. Being on here so late is tiring but this is the only time of the day when I can catch up. Family and work is exhausting and glad at the end of the day to relax, but then my mind starts to wonder and I think about this whole process, ups and downs, and how long it is taking for me and Maddants. He helps me stay positive and keeping in contact frequently helps me get by through the day. Good thing we have internet as when I am at work and at home, I can chat with him anytime. We spend most of the day talking to each other whenever we can. :D I haven't got my ticket for Jamaica yet, but maybe within the next week or 2, I am gonna book for sure. I have to because any later, I want to be around home. I am expecting a new grandbaby and I want to be with my daughter and help deliver her baby into this world at the end of June.To all of you here on this forum, you keep my hopes going as we all share something in common as we miss our husbands and wives and only people who are going through the same thing can really understand. After I read everyone's posts, their stories, see the pictures, are all very uplifting and all the advice is very informative. I hope Kingston keeps up the good work! We pray for ourselves and everyone on this forum, but I also want to pray for the ones who are working on our files as they are so bombarded, and hoping god gives those workers the strength and energy to push those files through and send all these special people to their loved ones!!!! Take care everyone! Until next time!!!! :D
Thank you for the prayer. Congratulation on your grandbaby, I wish you luck that things will come through for you soon. You seem to work hard and It will pay off.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamgirl said:
Nice to meet you! Thank you for the congrats!

So to answer ur question about medical redo... When my husbands medical expired (aug 2012) the medical extension news was only a few months new. Nobody in the Kingston thread had been in a position to receive one therefore nobody had experience with it. There was a new thread on the forum started by others who had some sort of communication that a med extension had been requested on their file but after 8+ weeks they still had no news of the result. I was planning to go visit my husband in October and thought that if we did med and pcc redo on our own, then my husbands app could be finalized in time for him to fly home with me. It was a judgement call. As it turned out, my husband submitted new medical and new pcc sept 5 and I still never heard anything til dec when we went in process. When I ordered my GCMS notes in Nov, it showed that they didn't even update his new med status til oct 25, a week after I returned from JA lol. So when we got PPR, there was no med redo request or med ext request be cuz we were up to date.

As for others, I have no advice. Go with your gut. Some ppl will tell u that if u redo ur meds on ur own it will piss off ur IO. Who knows. Today on the forum I read about a guy who was facing a 29 month processing timeline. He badgered them with over 1500 emails and even sent in passport with no PPR and yet got through in 10 months! Every IO is unpredictable. Every file is unpredictable. We only can do what we can manage.

I wish u luck!
Thank you for sharing your experience. My husband came to the agreement to re do my medical and police record insted of asking for extention. It will expire August 20. We want to do it that way because our mind things it is better for us that way. LMAO

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammystorm19 said:
Good Morning Everyone!!!

TGIF...even if it's crappy out there. I woke up thinking I should have stayed in Jamaica....however I am about to file my papers and have a few last minute questions.

My Hubby got 2 copies of his police check...so should I keep one and send the other in?

If you sent Western Union or Money Gram did you photo copy all receipts or send in the originals?

If I am sending my express post what address do I send my stuff to?

I think that is it for now....I am soooo excited to get this sent off but so nervous at the same time :eek: eeeeekkkkkkkkkk :eek:

PS......I want to post of pic of the baby bump for all of you to see. How do I do that again??? LOL

Have a great day :)
We send in everything original and kept photocpies for ourselves.

carm_cnd

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
01-28-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2012
File Transfer...
03-11-2012
Med's Request
01-28-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2012
Interview........
passed no interview needed
Passport Req..
28-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Happy friday everyone! I know friday has become our new F word because it means kingston is closed by after 2 long weeks of year end at work I am happy its friday. I was really hoping to hear something from Kingston this week because I got down to see my hubby next weekend and I was wishful thinking that he could come home with me the folllowing weekend. Wouldnt that be amazing. I need my husband to come home with me :D

we still have a couple of hours left before the weekend starts in Jamaica maybe they will feel the happy friday n send out some request here.

hope everyone enjoys their weekend :D

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmah said:
Hi Sammystorm

I just sent my application in yesterday - I sent both copies of the police report and photocopied it for my files. I sent the original western union reciept, but kept the sheet that I filled out when I sent the money so that I had a record for my files.

Good Luck with getting it out - I was so nervous when I was sending it that I had to rewrite the fedex slip with the address because I wrote the wrong address.....and I was copying if from the website.
Hope this helps
Congratulation and goodluck in the process.

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammystorm19 said:
Thanks Nev :)

Ok I am about to finally post some pics on here. Hope this works

The Baby Bump - taken at Devon house after some awesome Ice Cream - 30 weeks :eek:

Signing of the wedding papers

My Jamaican Family

:)

You look very beautiful, congratulation.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Beautiful pictures Sammy!

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammystorm19 said:
Thanks Nev :)

Ok I am about to finally post some pics on here. Hope this works

The Baby Bump - taken at Devon house after some awesome Ice Cream - 30 weeks :eek:

Signing of the wedding papers

My Jamaican Family

:)

Beautiful photos, your baby gonna be so cute :D

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
Need to be with Hubby said:
Beautiful photos, your baby gonna be so cute :D

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Akiikwe said:
Hello everyone, I am just dropping by this late evening. I have been reading all the post since I was last on this forum. It took me about 4 hours to read it all! LOL! :) Welcome to the newbee's here as I was a newbee not to long ago. Being on here so late is tiring but this is the only time of the day when I can catch up. Family and work is exhausting and glad at the end of the day to relax, but then my mind starts to wonder and I think about this whole process, ups and downs, and how long it is taking for me and Maddants. He helps me stay positive and keeping in contact frequently helps me get by through the day. Good thing we have internet as when I am at work and at home, I can chat with him anytime. We spend most of the day talking to each other whenever we can. :D I haven't got my ticket for Jamaica yet, but maybe within the next week or 2, I am gonna book for sure. I have to because any later, I want to be around home. I am expecting a new grandbaby and I want to be with my daughter and help deliver her baby into this world at the end of June.To all of you here on this forum, you keep my hopes going as we all share something in common as we miss our husbands and wives and only people who are going through the same thing can really understand. After I read everyone's posts, their stories, see the pictures, are all very uplifting and all the advice is very informative. I hope Kingston keeps up the good work! We pray for ourselves and everyone on this forum, but I also want to pray for the ones who are working on our files as they are so bombarded, and hoping god gives those workers the strength and energy to push those files through and send all these special people to their loved ones!!!! Take care everyone! Until next time!!!! :D
Wow such uplifting words thank you. I love the part where you mention praying for the people working on our files bacause even though we may get angry and upset at the progress and the back and forth we go through, we must remeber that we are not the only people wating and that Kingston is working on limited resources. We all must remeber not to take this process to much to heart and believe that the immigration officers have a personal vendetta against of us or something. God knows if I were in the case of people who are waiting for months and years (who knows i might just be)I would probably feel that way. I am glad for people like you who keep it real and strike it to us that the immigration officers are only human. I wish a speedy process for you and your husband. I don’t know you or much of your story but from what I can gather you have had a hard ride on the immigration roller coaster. Congrats on the grand baby.

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
@ sammystorm19 looking at your baby bump makes me want to change my mind about my decision not to have kids of my own.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
yolo1980 said:
@ sammystorm19 looking at your baby bump makes me want to change my mind about my decision not to have kids of my own.
awww...thanks. It was the best thing that has ever happened to be besides meeting my husband. It was an un expected pregnancy as I was told many years ago I would never be able to conceive. So it's a true blessing.

yolo1980

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
sammystorm19 said:
awww...thanks. It was the best thing that has ever happened to be besides meeting my husband. It was an un expected pregnancy as I was told many years ago I would never be able to conceive. So it's a true blessing.
ohhh my that is wonder praise be to God.
My husband and I made a personal choice not to have any kids or our own. In a year or two we plan to adopt. I have always been passionate about all the children in the world who do not have a family and would love to one day be able to contribute a part of the solution and provide a happy home for one or two of those kids. Right now there are two kids from my husbands mom district that lost both there parents they did not any other relatives except for an elderly grandmother who passed away a little less than a year later. MY husband and his family took them in and have been raising them. We want once he reaches here to be able to legally adopt the two of them and bring them here. Right now i am in the process of seeking advice on our options.

sammystorm19

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-13
Doc's Request.
23-09-14
AOR Received.
12-06-13
File Transfer...
27-06-13
Med's Done....
18-01-13
Passport Req..
09-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-14
LANDED..........
07-11-14
yolo1980 said:
ohhh my that is wonder praise be to God.
My husband and I made a personal choice not to have any kids or our own. In a year or two we plan to adopt. I have always been passionate about all the children in the world who do not have a family and would love to one day be able to contribute a part of the solution and provide a happy home for one or two of those kids. Right now there are two kids from my husbands mom district that lost both there parents they did not any other relatives except for an elderly grandmother who passed away a little less than a year later. MY husband and his family took them in and have been raising them. We want once he reaches here to be able to legally adopt the two of them and bring them here. Right now i am in the process of seeking advice on our options.
That would be wonderful for them