Kingston,Jamaica

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder why kingston keeps the passport for so long am looking at times from ppr to visa issued its a long wait is it that once passport is sent in n received the visa office sends it away for visa to stamped in it then once received with visa send it out for delivery

cblgr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-24-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
21-03-2013
Interview........
still waiting
Passport Req..
still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
hopefully soon!
;D lol thanks Maddants!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
cblgr said:
I met my husband while on vacation two years ago. He was a bartender at the resort I was staying at. I was there with my best friend who was attending her cousin's wedding.

I know it sounds cheesy but we had instant chemistry. I asked him for his specialty drink. We flirted and he made sure that there were never less than three drinks in front of me the whole night. I guess I was feeling braver than normal and said that if he could tie a cherry stem he would have a girlfriend. I was just being flirtatious..normally I'm really shy...I think the drinks helped. But he walked around the bar for 45 minutes not talking to anyone chewing on this cherry stem. When he wanted to take someones order he nodded in their direction. Finally he tied it and slapped it on the bar in front of me. I said he took to long :)

When I was heading back to my room he ran through staff quarters and intercepted me trying to act cool and asked if I wanted to hang out. I said sure. So we hung out the whole week. When I got back I wasn't sure if it was legit or if I was just his fling of the week. He had the same feelings about me. But there was just something more there I could tell. I texted him when I got back and said I had a great time with him and he called me the next day. We talked every day for hours and after about a month I took a trip to see him for a long weekend. I wanted to know if there was something real there. I remember being so nervous about the whole ordeal.

As soon as I saw him again instantly I knew it was real. He took me to his home and I met his mom and dad, his daughter and siblings and friends and spent a lot of time together.

After that initial visit we continued talking every day. There hasn't been a day since that we haven't talked or skyped. I've gone down to see him 7 times in the last two years. It's so expensive for us but we always find a way. This past August we got married. He had talked to all of my friends and family by phone and facebook but it was so great that they got to spend time in person. Everyone fell in love with him right away. It was so great that both sides of families and friends were together at once. There were about 30 people from his side that attended and there were 13 of my immediate family and best friends that flew down from New Brunswick and the US.

There are so many doubters when you tell someone that you are married to a Jamaican. They always think its about convenience. We've talked about what would happen if this immigration thing takes to long. I would move there, but I'm hoping that it doesn't take forever. CIC received our application on January 24 2013. They sent it back to me on February 28 because we were missing photos of his daughter and the medical exams. He and his daughter had their medical exams done mid march as soon as they could get an appt with the Dr. and I received approval as his sponsor on March 28.

It's so nice to find a group of people that are going through the same thing and to be able to ask questions.
Thanks for sharing your love story with us, cblgr. :D

Chickie, will add your information to the spreadsheet when she pops in. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the rollercoaster (or boat) ride with the rest of us!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Samilanaire said:
I wonder why kingston keeps the passport for so long am looking at times from ppr to visa issued its a long wait is it that once passport is sent in n received the visa office sends it away for visa to stamped in it then once received with visa send it out for delivery
Wouldn't it be nice to know how the visa process works once a passport arrives in KG...the mystery continues... ;)

Samilanaire

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Left in the looooppppp Nev with every step of the process

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
tyldim said:
Hi everyone,my internet was down all day today' so I could not get to update. So I got decision made 1am this morning,and my husband got ppr today, sooooo excited!.....for everyone that's waiting so long, you are in my thought and I pray for you, everyone else following me, its coming, good luck and good night! Keep you updated!

Awesome! Congratulations! Kingston is still hard at work after all ;D. Now for the rest of us Kingston gogogo ;D!

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cblgr said:
Hi Everyone,

I just got back from my honeymoon and spent an amazing week with my husband. It's so hard saying good bye. Last Thursday I received an email from CIC that I was approved as an elligible sponsor and that our file was being sent to Kingston for further review. What a fantastic way to start our honeymoon!! Now that I'm back I've been reading like crazy about processing times. Does it really take 18 months?? We've been doing long distance for the last 2 years...I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do another year and a half!

Does anyone know what the average processing time in Kingston is?

Thanks!!
Congratulation, the process can be anywhere between 3 months to 18 or even longer. I wish you don't have to wait that long. I am 23 and been doing long distant since i was 19

Need to be with Hubby

Mar 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cblgr said:
I met my husband while on vacation two years ago. He was a bartender at the resort I was staying at. I was there with my best friend who was attending her cousin's wedding.

I know it sounds cheesy but we had instant chemistry. I asked him for his specialty drink. We flirted and he made sure that there were never less than three drinks in front of me the whole night. I guess I was feeling braver than normal and said that if he could tie a cherry stem he would have a girlfriend. I was just being flirtatious..normally I'm really shy...I think the drinks helped. But he walked around the bar for 45 minutes not talking to anyone chewing on this cherry stem. When he wanted to take someones order he nodded in their direction. Finally he tied it and slapped it on the bar in front of me. I said he took to long :)

When I was heading back to my room he ran through staff quarters and intercepted me trying to act cool and asked if I wanted to hang out. I said sure. So we hung out the whole week. When I got back I wasn't sure if it was legit or if I was just his fling of the week. He had the same feelings about me. But there was just something more there I could tell. I texted him when I got back and said I had a great time with him and he called me the next day. We talked every day for hours and after about a month I took a trip to see him for a long weekend. I wanted to know if there was something real there. I remember being so nervous about the whole ordeal.

As soon as I saw him again instantly I knew it was real. He took me to his home and I met his mom and dad, his daughter and siblings and friends and spent a lot of time together.

After that initial visit we continued talking every day. There hasn't been a day since that we haven't talked or skyped. I've gone down to see him 7 times in the last two years. It's so expensive for us but we always find a way. This past August we got married. He had talked to all of my friends and family by phone and facebook but it was so great that they got to spend time in person. Everyone fell in love with him right away. It was so great that both sides of families and friends were together at once. There were about 30 people from his side that attended and there were 13 of my immediate family and best friends that flew down from New Brunswick and the US.

There are so many doubters when you tell someone that you are married to a Jamaican. They always think its about convenience. We've talked about what would happen if this immigration thing takes to long. I would move there, but I'm hoping that it doesn't take forever. CIC received our application on January 24 2013. They sent it back to me on February 28 because we were missing photos of his daughter and the medical exams. He and his daughter had their medical exams done mid march as soon as they could get an appt with the Dr. and I received approval as his sponsor on March 28.

It's so nice to find a group of people that are going through the same thing and to be able to ask questions.
I just love your story, i can relate to what you spoke about marriage of convenience. When hubby and I go out people assume the same thing. Especially the huge age difference. I love him and he is perfect he is 29 years older than me and damn i never seen a more perfect man in my life, not my brothers, dad, uncle no other man. For the first time in my life I feel secure in the fact that he thinks I am the most beautiful woman alive and I can put my head on the block that he will never be cheat. God blessed me for sure with him :p

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
cblgr said:
Hi Everyone,

I just got back from my honeymoon and spent an amazing week with my husband. It's so hard saying good bye. Last Thursday I received an email from CIC that I was approved as an elligible sponsor and that our file was being sent to Kingston for further review. What a fantastic way to start our honeymoon!! Now that I'm back I've been reading like crazy about processing times. Does it really take 18 months?? We've been doing long distance for the last 2 years...I can't imagine how difficult it would be to do another year and a half!

Does anyone know what the average processing time in Kingston is?

Thanks!!
Hello and welcome to our little slice of heaven while we wait for our spouses to come to our sides.....Click on the link below my purple thing down there and that will give you an idea of some of the time lines.....truly Kingston is funny and there is no rhyme nor reason to how or when they will start your processing but once they do start.. whoa look out cause it is all full speed ahead after that! Congrats on your sponsorship approval, you are on your way now!

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Samilanaire said:
approximately 14 days to get it back......hold on girl yours is coming soon.....did you send a DHL envelope?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Nevaeha said:
:p Maddants, are you planning on applying for a job with Westjet when you arrive in Canada? :p
i would but i will be too far from the airport.......the 3 hrs drive form wallaceburg will be a pain for me...

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Samilanaire said:
Maddants ur all prepared man lol love the spirit we definately need the rum cream going through this i agree Nev he shud lol
boy if i was close to toronto i would sure apply for a work in the airport...but that is just life.... :p :p :p

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
cblgr said:

hey sis that is a great story....if you tell my wife that you travel 7 times to jamaica she would sure be jealous of you.......lol...but she will be hear soon to come look for her hubby (me) :p :p :p :p :p

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
cblgr said:
;D lol thanks Maddants!
you are welcome...im your captain for this flight duration :p :p :p :p :p

Who God Bless

Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Med's Request
Re/do Req Jan 2013
Med's Done....
Initial Meds Feb 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
June, 2013
LANDED..........
July 2013
Welcome Cblgr, yes you are at the right place, with people who can truly understand your story. Dont listen to the doubters, I too had doubters, until they met my spouse, and now they all love him. Only you know your story, and it is a lovely story. Thanks for sharing and i wish a speedy process for you, so you can be reunited with your hubby.