28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello Forum :D

You see......I knew there would be an update today.....congrats Canuck...you have joined the waiting game with KG...good luck to you and hope you don't have to wait as long as some of us have been on KG ..but be prepared...lol.

Well I spent some money ;D Bought some paint for my girls bedrooms (all three) Pink and purple ....going to be a colorful house...lol. I took my daughter out for lunch today after her class and she ended up skipping her other class, and we had a great afternoon together shopping and boy did she make me laugh.... she picks up these martini glasses and puts them in our cart...I am like...what do you need those for??? she like MOM...duh..."martini's" lol. My little girl is drinking "martini's" ....lmao...this is when you know she has changed :eek: I had a great day with her and so looking forward to painting her room this weekend. One more thing crossed off my list of things to do :D

Ash...have a great trip and enjoy every moment and congratulations to you ;D

Love the forum and all the stories... "fluffy"...gotta love that term...and also those damned pesky bugs called mosquitos chew me alive ??? they just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE me!!!!

I am also wondering about Stressed and SOSO...I sure hope they are ok???? Not like them not to post once in a while???

KC have a great time at the game....CHEERS!!!!

Jam and LCW....too cute about running around bare assed... 8)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
greetings all

congrats ash... you should have plenty of time... if they are going to refuse you, they'd interview first (and you'll get about 2 months notice for an interview)

jammy... no rain in town and on that side? we are getting drenched up here (5m with no water in the pipes and now we've got tons.. but it's dirty :( blah! ) we got mosquitos like crazy up here too... even thru the drought... they actually calmed down since rains started sunday, but i'm sure they'll pick up again any day now... what we did get was those stupid rain bugs... gross!

lcw... 60 for cable? man when i lived in toronto i would have loved to have a 60 cable bill... those stupid sat channels that i just HAVE to have, never had a bill less than 120 lol... i loved my last place.. they had private cable for the condos (satellite fed thru the cable).... had 120 channels for 50 a month... i really only watched HGTV tho... it's been an adjustment for us coming here and having 2 (fuzzy) channels lol...

rosemel... congrats on the tax return.... my tax return was awesome this year... getting married and having a baby can do that! :)

canuck... congrats on the AOR...

helpme... hope he did fine with the beginners... he didn't have his licence here? we went to kingston yesterday to pick up a letter stating hubby's driving experience so he won't have to go thru the graduating licencing... i think he can just go, do the G2 test and have a full licence... that's how i read it atleast...

okay... need to go eat... take care all... happy friday tomorrow (might be heading to negril tomorrow, have a friend who is down for the week)

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Chelley.... can you give me some info as to where hubby can go in KG and get proof of his driving experience....i am trying to avoid graduated when he does come here, so it would save us a trip to the JA consilate in Toronto when he returns if he can just get it while he is there..... Thanks :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
island traffic authority... 145 (i think) maxwell avenue... right down the road from hwt... it's a inconspicious building set back in with a chain link fence around, easy to miss the first pass..

they need in writing who wants the info (MTO in our case) and what info they want (listed on the settlement.org site)...

you actually don't get the letter same day, you drop off a copy of your licence and above mentioned letter and then pick letter up in a few days (apparently it'll be accompanied with a driving history... i'll let you know when we pick it up next week)

hope that helps some! :)

kmc

Star Member
Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
AOR Received.
may 2010
Med's Done....
nov 2009
hi all . i am back from ja .a week is never enough .

so i got the papers signed , but now he wants to add his mother .is it too late ,or can i do it before i send nthe package back in?

aor- is that for jamaica ?

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
KMC- welcome back... I think his mother would be a separate process, don't think she can be sponsored under spousal applications which are for spouse and direct dependent (children)..

I'd do some further research under the family class to set his expectations on that one... I know there is income requirements associated, and I believe the timelines are typically in years... Not sure if you can start the process or if he has to once he is approved and lands (and poss how long must be landed first)... It's a bit more complicated (well easier to prove ther relationship, but more requirements on him)

good luck

edit... If you just mean to add her to the "family members" section, hopefully her info was already in there... If not, I'd contact CIC, not sure what to do in that case... without basic information on the parents the app might not get too far anyways, they'll likely send it back asking for it or an explaination on it's exclusion... Best to ask the office directly if that's the case...

oh and AOR is acknowledgement of receipt (after the sponsor part is approved (typically a month or so) it sent to the processing office (kgn)... The AOR is your notice that the processing office has gotten the package and the real wait begins... It will also contain your "b" number which is the applicants official tracking number)... It usually arrives 2-4 weeks after the application has been received, many already know that their app has been received based on the ecas status...

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
KMC welcome back!!!!

Good Morning Family Forum

Just passing by have a Blessed Day ....Hope to HEAR Goods News From KG!!!!!

KG IO please push FORWARD!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Good morning Angellla and all... Happy Friday :)

In lieu of a crazy kid story today (not that I'm lacking in material lol), I've posted a video of the baby on my facebook... It demonstrates that crazy is clearly a genetic trait inherented from my side of the family lol... And I think I'm in for some MAJOR trouble from this one hehehe

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
KMC....welcome back....your right, a week really isnt enough

Chelley....hey thanks for the info....please let me know any further details we may require. thanks again

Blessings all, hoping next week will be a better one :)

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Good morning everyone!

I had a good laugh reading some of the latest posts lol I'm really enjoying this forum...lots of great information and tips! |It's nice to see how you all support one another throughout such a frustrating process.

My hubby sent back most of his documents with a family member who was just visiting. He is going to KG for his police check on Monday and then his medical check will probably be done the week afterwards.

Do they give you the original police check or is it sent straight to immigration? Someone mentioned before that you had to submit the receipts for the police check and medical. Should I submit the applications with just the receipts or is there some other documentation that is to be submitted?

I want to make sure hubby gets the proper info for the application.

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelley,

I called to find out about the licence and they told me that he could not just switch his licence because Jamaica was not on the list of countries that could do that...he passed the sign test but not the other one (by one friggin question) so he has to go back to do that one..once he passes that he waits a month and can go get his full licence again and not have to wait the one year or whatever how long it is now....he was so disappointed..felt bad for him :( oh well next time he will get it...:)

TGIF...it's so cold here though the last 2 weeks blah....

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
Chelley.....I went on the website you said and I found info about licensing but could not find the form that he needs to take with him. Could you please post the direct link for me....Thanks

Nae-Nae....glad ur liking it here....somedays are more entertaining then others but no matter what we are here for each other to make it through the same process and help each other as much as possible.
As for the police clearance you can pay extra to have it done express so you get it faster but either way you have to go back and pick it up yourself and drop it off or add it to your package...which ever your doing

Helpme....sorry to hear hubby didn't pass....one question, sssooooo close, next time for sure tho

Does anyone know if they do a dictated version of the test at the driving place...i am worried about my hubbies level of reading writing, he is a country boy and can't read or write very well at all. I don't think he could pass it if he had to read it himself....i hope there is a dictated option...anyone know ?????

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok - let the updates begin. Come on KG!
We're still waiting on the call for the passport pick up. Funny how everyone's process is just a little different. Most people don't see ecas update ahead of picking up their passport from what I've read.

Anyhow, looking to be a chilly weekend here in T.O. - so all you folks in JA enjoy the sunshine and heat! :D

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missing

thanks...

on the website out here in NB it said there were 2 options,verbal or written...not sure about ontario...should have that option...I went on a few different websites and printed off some example tests for him to do and practice..I also made another test with about 54 signs and on the test there was only 20 I think and he got them all right...He was nervous about his reading too but he just practiced a lot and he was so close to getting it!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
helpme... no there is no "switching" but here in ontario, graduated licencing is a real pain, and someone with a valid jamaican licence can get credit for driving experience (need a letter from the transport authority) and only have to do the final "G" test and get a full licence basically same day... processes are probaby different for every province... sorry he didn't get it first time around, i'm sure it'll be a sinch next time... (is there a waiting period? i remember in the GA you could turn around and do the test up to 3 times in one day... lol)

missing... there isn't a "form"... the transport authority just wants a letter written stating what information is wanted (list from settlement.org) and who wants it (we put some MTO address, figured it didn't matter since we are submitting directly)... then they will photocopy the licence for you there... i think that's all to it, i will double check with hubby when he gets back... if he has a valid licence with more than 2 years experience i don't think the written test is required in ontario... i think it's just the G2 road test... or did i miss read? you might want to type up the request letter for the transport authority... just basically cut and paste the requirements from the settlement site and put some text around it as to who is requesting and who it is from (his name and info)... i don't think it needs to be overly official... ours was handwritten on the spot lol

my hubby took the kids to school and auntie has the baby... i'm supposed to be packing a bag, but instead i've plopped myself in front of the computer... things do not look good for that bag being packed anytime soon.... maybe the thoughts of pepper shrimp in middle quarters will motivate me a little???