2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
hey all....

So thursday makes one year since I sent in hubby's application....sad and crazy, cant believe so much time has gone by....

So i called my MP today and they are finally willing to inquire about our file. She phoned today and left a message, said they usually get back within 24 hrs, so please say an extra prayer and keep your fingers crossed I get some info tomorrow.

Glogirl68

Nov 27, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Grrrrr well still nothing from KG. No response to my email or to MP's email. It will be 1 yr end of the week since we filed. Its all so frustrating.
Missing your MP called KG?
I pray we hear something soon. To keep ppl hanging for so long is nuts. I have no idea where Maple and Sassy get their sanity from. Very strong woman to be waiting on this long. But honestly move you both out already.

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
On thursday we will mark 19th monthS (since KG recv'd file) and I'm as cool as a cucumber 8) I'm spending the time preparing for they're arrival and I have every belief that by the 21st month of this process my hubby will come home. I draw strength from the fact that I've been through worse things in my life.... much worse infact and that this wait is the burden that we must carry. Hubby and I are both healthy and I am able to love those who are closest and dearest to me as long as I have breath in my body. It could be worse. So I try to maintain a positive attitude and my composure b/c none of you would want to see me if I lost it!!! There would be news headlines... LOL :p

Granted I now know (have an idea) of when this will be done but I do agree that it is harder when you don't have a clue as to what's going on or when you will get updated on the process. I went for 9 months without so much as a whisper from KG. In my case, no news wasn't good news but over the last 7 months I've maintained a dialogue with my I/O which really helped me because I always knew what the next step was going to be. Less than 10 weeks to go!! ;D

I sincerely hope that everyone who is waiting for some news from KG can hear something soon.

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
My good god Maple.....i dont know how you do it....but i know for me right now knowing i may be some where near the end has put my anxiety levels threw the damn roof....everyday i get up i swear i can feel my blood pressure rise just a hair....one year has been one year too many.....if i see 19month you can bet your ssa there will be news head lines cause i am going to give my damn self a heart attack lol

lord give us all the strength to bare this burden until we reach the end of this tiring journey, and let the end give us the joy and happiness we have been praying for until the end of time

rosemel

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2009
AOR Received.
16-11-2009
File Transfer...
28-07-2009
Med's Request
26-10-2010
Med's Done....
28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good evening Forum Family 8)

Maple you are such a great woman and your words of strength are amazing and I truly don't know how you have done it..but you have and I tip my hat at you and your hubby and hopefully one day we will all toast to this forum together and say "WE ALL DID IT" :D and give our hubbies/wives a hug and look into their eyes and say "WELL WORTH THE WAIT" :-* and then of course say KG KISS MY ARSE!!! LOL

Canuck nice to read your post..enjoy JA because here the weather is not so nice and I hear Calgary is enjoying lots of white stuff :p

Well other than the fact I spent my afternoon sitting in the Dentist chair having a tooth fixed and coughing up $146.00 ???...my day was very uneventfull :p

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Good evening everyone!

Thanks for the welcome canuck, everyone here is so friendly, I'm so glad jamwifey sent me this link!

My condolences to those who have lost loved ones recently. My prayers go out to you, your close friends and families.

Maple, WOW! you are an amazing woman! definitely one to admire and learn from!

Rosemel, I hope the dentist went ok....I've been putting off a root canal for awhile out of fear lol I hate the dentist....but doesn't everyone?

I'm gathering documents together and asked friends and family for letters just in case. Then it won't stall the process if they decide they want them later.

Someone told my husband he should get his police check done before the medical. Does it really matter? I know there are a few tests he has to have done for the medical .... that must take time for the results. Does anyone know how long it takes for the medical results? and does it really matter which one is done first?

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Night eveyone..

Nae nae ...whats up ::) lol

Here the drill on the police check and meds..

Its doesnt matter what is done first ...LOL...them jamaican each and everyone of my husbands family have them different story that was funny i can just picture my husband and him friend reasoning and the him friend all serious like cause him think him know how this sponsorship thing work telling my hubby that he doesnt have to do a med until them request it and he is mad if he does iit before sitting right in front of me ....I just laughed ....man oh man !! that is how alot of my husbands friends stay NOT ONE leave out of the island yet!!... hehe...This whole thing has changed so much from like 15 years ago mabey its the old system i dunno ...NOT!!

anyways ...yah so the only thing you need to make sure is that the police check and the Med are done as close to you sending of the applicaton as possible. Meds are only valid for 1 year ....And the police check has to be no older than 3 months old when KG recives it.

As for the meds ...Generally there is Blood work and ex rays and a physical with the doctor. And the result go to trinidad and tobago..There the are looked at and the results are posted to the POS(computer) In roughly 3-4 weeks time ...So no need to worry about the results not gettintg there in time because right now in canada the average wait for sponsorship approval in missasaga is some where between 40-50 days ..Sorry my lack of exact days but it changes so often...And them usually it takes around 1 week to reach at Kingston ..

Glad you decided to go with family freinds and letters..Another good thing to is if some attended the wedding have them photocopy there passport with the visa stamps in and out to Jamaica ...also contact info if Kingston would like to contact them personally..(not like they will tho :D)

Just make sure you send photoscopies ...thre has been incident recently where kingston has lost entire applications..

All that is required of you is that you send the original reciept for Meds and police check ..and make sure he does any police clearances for countries that he has lived in for a period of 6 months or more...You do not have to do one for canada they do there own ..Only is special cirumstances will someone have to do one if they require one they will let you know..Most times people who have been charged or here illegally will have to provide CIC with a RCMP check from canada..

Oh and BTW make sure you pay all the fees on ur application including the right to perminate residence fee..ther may be a lil delay when they ask for it in the end adding possibly another 60 day wait on ur file..

Anyways my husband is on noght shift lately ..I really need to get a life from here huh...Geese am i driving any of you nuts yet!!!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Early early morning all... I hate it when the baby wakes up and is back to sleep in minutes and it takes me hours! Wish i could do the same :)

a HUGE congrats to homesoon.!!!!!!! Your other half will be by your side soon... Cheers to I/Os who do a great job and see the importance of families being together, may that I/O get another of our files now!

Welcome nae nae.... Enjoy the adventure... Mat leave def ok, I've been on it since before I submitted my application... Can even collect mat benefits from out of country... It's made what I've done (staying here in ja while our application processed) possible...

Maple, you are so amazing to hang in there with a positive attitude... Good things come to those that wait... So glad your wait is almost done!

Hey everyone else... So many are struggling with losses, my sympathies... Life and love is precious, make sure you let those you love know it...

Okay maybe sleep will find me... Heading to town tomorrow to get a driving history so hubby can get his licence sorted as soon as possible... That is if all this blasted rain lets us... First no water, prayed for water for 5m, then no stop in the water.... Blessings are sometimes cruel lol!

Enjoy the day, maybe kgn approvals will come like the rains! :)

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
Quick story about my nutball kids to share with you all before I go...

So it's raining cats and dogs for the past 3 days... Kids are getting restless an on oneanothers nerves.... My son was sweeping the veranda, I tell him not to sweep the wet parts but he does anyways, wets up the veranda a bit and the doorway, my daughter comes running to tell me...

I tell him to put the broom down to dry... Very unimpressed that he didn't get a smack, my daughter decides to orgastrate a huge dramatic fall holding her knee... complete with wails and screams that her brother wet up the floor and she drop dung and bus her foot (she is all jamaican now, full yardie lol)... Having seen thru her, I tell her to go to her bed and rest... She limps there still full of the drama... 5 min later she's bored, wants to come out.... No no, rest that knee, that was a bad fall... "I'll just get around like this mom she says crawling into the hard ceramic tiled kitchen on all 4s..

Needless to say, she spent the evening "resting" that lying bone of hers... That girl is anancy's match I swear...

Okay bed for me

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good Morning,

Seems like me (LCW) is still posting just the same and everone slack off somewhere ..LOL...But i understand everyone is different ..Seems like when i was depressed the most i would post more..

LOL...mi naw easy yuh kno... ;D...haha

Anyways i seriously hope KG continues to bring good news for all of you waiting..

Talk soon......

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
LOL Chelley your children sound SO cute. :)

Where are you in Jamaica?

Mawning Everyone! KG start the crank let gets some applications out!

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
Good morning everyone!

Chelley, your kids ARE adorable! I've seen pics lol

Thanks for the tips LCW. I already planned on sending everything in at once and paying for it all hoping this will speed up the process. I'm almost ready to submit....just waiting for my Option C form to arrive, my marriage certificate should be here in a week or two, the medical and police check to be done (hubby is going next week), then I'm good to go! I'll be so relieved once that is done!

I didn't have any family/friends at the wedding, just his family and friends. We are planning on having another wedding here for my family and friends after he arrives. It was far to expensive to have everyone travelling there, the more people that wanted to come, the more expensive the wedding was. For my sister, her husband and 2 kids it would have cost $4,000.00. I just didn't have the heart to make them all go into debt to be there. And selfishly, I really just wanted a quiet wedding on the beach, no hassles, no fuss and I was tired of everyone telling me what to do. So .... I DID IT MY WAY....lol

I will be explaining the above on my application. Plus I have letters coming from my family members indicating they knew about the wedding and can't wait to attend an event here in Canada. More expense...yay! I'm going to work on getting my father to pay for that one lol 8)

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day! and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more good news from KG for those who are waiting!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning Morning

Mi deh yah everyday LCW....

I think even though people don't post they still read.

Its Hump day!

Chelly: Your kids are priceless.

Nae-Nae: Sounds like you have everything covered.

MAPLE: You are one strong Lady. I hope it comes to an end soon and cant wait to celebrate for you.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Gesums....LOL..i just had some mail delivered to my work for me from CIC cuz i want to fill out papers at work (WINK) cuz i barely have time at home ...SO on my BREAK...i called the doctor whom did our meds the last time enquiring about the med reciepts...and bwooy they do not know anything man ...ANyways long story short they said they could come and pick up another reciepts from them .....Its like helloo we are not redoing ..anmd canada requires a med reciept up front b4 sposriship is approved...LIke rrgggggggg

Anyways i am filling out the forms ...PRECOus if you are out there what forms is it that we have to fill out again..I am sorry i lost the page reference ...I just dont wanna go and look i am lazy ..If i do here from you i guess ill have to ...lol

Jammy lol is there a section on your list about YET to send off application...Add me to it ...here we go again ...bahahahahaha

missingmyhubby

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-04-15
Doc's Request.
2009-09-08
AOR Received.
2009-09-21
File Transfer...
2009-05-04
Med's Request
2010-02-25
Med's Done....
2010-03-04
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
2010-05-20
chelly...love the story...kid are soooo funny

so i was at the gym this morning and my mp called back!!!! stupid gym made me miss her call, so i call her back and now she is in a meeting! that will teach me for going to the gym!