28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Good afternoon

LCW...sorry to hear your news...seems everyone is facing too many of these situations these days. I also lost a friend last thursday night in a head on collision, he was 46 and a father of 3. So sad and it makes you really realize the importance of everyday and not to take advantage of what we have and cherish it everyday. :-*

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Hello Room Well its the AOR dat come oh well maybe I may be lucky and him hear from dem soon. So far things to me a move a long quite fine. That letter indicates some form of activity. The letter my HB recieved he may or may not be contacted in 2 months for an interview. The Processing for KG is 6mnths according to the letter. If I keep my faith and pray everything should be fine.
We just have to have good Spirit and have faith without faith the wait will be enduring...

Well everyone have a Good evening and I will link up once me hear back from JA again.

Bless

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Aww Rosemel, I'm sorry to hear that as well.

Life is very short when you look at it. There just doesn't seem to be enough time. :(

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
HOMESOON,

that is effing WICKEDD girl .. your first msg on DECISION MADE freaked me out since I am also dealing with ARC but your APPROVAL effing gave me hopes that ARC is quite possible. Congrats to you and reuniting with your family the legal way this time.

LCW, I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your friend's family throughout this time of sadness.

Ok, so my partner got an email today from POS, yes, Port of Spain (never would have thought they actually work in that office) and this is what it says:

Dear Applicant,

This is in response to your email inquiry.

Your file is in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. You will receive notification by mail advising you of the date and time of the interview well in advance of the interview date.

In the meantime, if there is any change in your address or in your family composition, inform us as soon as possible (see fax number and address below).

Note that applications in each category are processed on a first-in first-out basis. Please do not request an early interview as this is not possible.

At this time, you are not requested to provide any additional documents. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.
[/b][/b][/b]

OK, tis a bitter-sweet moment because I have no clue what to look out for in the coming days/weeks. My medicals have expired in March and because I have lived in Canada for over 8 years (entered as a minor) I had to do a police clearance which I submitted with my application. Are they going to ask me to redo another clearance for Canada? If so, how long does that take?

Also, should I go ahead and pay RPRF and ARC fees or do I wait for instructions?

Any suggestions on everything would be highly appreciated. I just need a lot of clarification on everything including the letter.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Homesoon,

Sorry to bug you but could you share some of the things they asked in your husband's sponsorship and ARC interview? Was your husband a failed refugee or PRRA application too?

Helpmeplease

Star Member
Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
homesoon!

So happy for you!!! :))) I was so happy to hear that news..!! Congrats to your family being reunited!

Rosie,lonely-sorry to hear about your loss of a loved one :(

Already a month yesterday since hubby landed...time flies by!

Jammy, I've got a feeling you are going to get some news real soon...:))

have a good day everyone! Keep the good news coming..!! :))

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
Good morning

Confuse...I am no ARC expert BUT i am pretty sure you cannot pay the Dip charge of 1500 and the ARC fee unless they ask you to pay it..

I really do hope your interview goes well..Homesoon should be able to help ..although i was thinking your cases are similar since both her hubby and you have been here since a minor..so she should be able to clear up some questions..

Helpme...Yes time does fly..almost 2 months for us as well

Well everyone i do hope good news keeps flowing ...Come on KG....and lol POS ... ;D

missingmybaby

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON,JAMAICA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2008
AOR Received.
16-02-2009
File Transfer...
02-12-2008
Med's Request
(redo of med /police clearance) July 14,2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2008 Submitted to Kingston August 17
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 22,2010/DROP OF PP NOVEMBER 24
congrats to all the people that get thru as for my husband until now we haven't received anything from KG even the redo of medical it just getting me frustrated everyday and when i went there last march 2 they told us to wait and be patient and don't contact the immigration in 60 days it just being rude and selfish. :mad:

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi confused...

No problem, ask away.

Here is a bit of background for you.

On January 6th we got notice (via ecase and a letter to our lawyer) that we had an interview. The interview was Feb 24th. I ordered the CAIPS notes and it looked like they had questions about why he re-entered Canada illegally and why he came to canada the way he did. And, as it turns out - exactly what was asked. Here's the summary of the questions:
- Why did you enter canada without permission
- Has your wife and daughter been down to see you since you returned to Jamaica
- Is your daughter planning on coming down to Jamaica on her birthday (weird question)
- I see you had a charge in Canada, tell me about it
- Why did you apply for refugee status (he told them it was bad council ... which it was back 14 years ago)... she said that happens often and it's unfortunate

After that - she gave him a slip of paper and he went to JMB (bank) and paid the fees - brought to the consolate within a few hours. Now, the Immigration officer had said that he didn't need to hand in his passport. But when he came back to the clerks to show payment for the ARC, he left his passport.

So after that - nothing until now. However, one thing I was researching was the RPRF. And I realized that we hadn't paid with the application. I read that if you wait, it will create another "bring forward' on your file. So I called my lawyer, gave her the money and she paid about a month ago (thank goodness!). Other argue against it - but I recommend to pay that in advance. You can pay it through the cic.gc.ca site - then forward a copy of the receipt to the local office processing your file.

The information I got shows the decision date as March 16th, ecase updated April 12th.... now we wait!

So in short. You can't pay the ARC fee until it's requested. It can be requested two ways. At the interview (like ours), or via letter (like the other 2 ladies on here). Those who got the letter request - I believe they also had to write a letter explaining why they over-stayed etc and pay the fees.

The biggest thing with an ARC is to be honest! Sincere and apologize for any wrong judgement. If you were provided poor council make sure you tell them that.

Hope this helps! come on JA - more updates please!
Homesoon

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning everybody

New Day.

Hope everybody feeling good and filled with hope.

Hubby said to me last night that even if our file took 15 months to complete we are already halfway there. And those months have flown by so fast.

He is just so positive and patient. He knows how to keep me going.

COME ON KG MORE UPDATES TODAY!

47 Days till Hubby gets here! ;D ;D :p

sheraig

Apr 6, 2010
Good morning Guys...

Glad to see these updates..............'One by one guys, its hard but just hang in there, that special, precious day MUST come!!'

Home: Sooooo happy for you. I know your daughta will love that surprise..I like giving them too!!

Lonely: It can be really sad to know that the person who is sitting beside you
is going thru so much privately and on the outside seems to have everything together. Never waste a moment to let special people know they are special....
A day never passes that I forget to tell my hubby and daughter that wifey and momma loves you.!!!!

Missing: dont lose faith girl.....all in GOD's time, your hubby will be with you soon......sometimes he really just leaves the best for last (larks nobody nobada trace mi)
this cant go on forever....

I cant wait to get this immigration thing out of my system!! Come over there come freeze wid unu!!! No worry unu soon can juck, till the voice say juck no more!!! Unu soon sort out!!

I PRAY FOR YOU, YOU PRAY FOR ME, I NEED YOU TO SURVIVE!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
thanks a lot Homesoon

your information was indeed helpful and I will take a lot of it into consideration and make a few payments.

One thing I haven't yet done is ordered CAIPS notes. I was thinking it is too early (8months) to order it but at the same time I think we want to see what is happening with the file.

Your success story with ARC makes me very hype for you and your family. I really feel as if I am the one coming back to Canada ..LOL ...

My whole refugee and failed PRRA case were due to very bad advice from immigration consultants as well too. Also, i was a minor when I moved to Canada and who would not want to take up all the opportunities available to you in Canada. Oh well, I guess those are all things I must point out if asked to the IO.

Once again, thank you so much.

To all the other folks in the forum, keep strong, pray hard and miracles do happen. Sometimes they take long but in the end it does work out. Just keep fighting!

Have a wonderful day everyone ;D

HighlyFavoured

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
Doc's Request.
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
24-08-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2010
LANDED..........
30-06-2010
Amen Confused - tru word dat! ;D

Be of good courage, stay strong because you don't know that while you are going through turmoil you may be encouraging someone else. Stay the course, stay in the race! Your reward lies in the days ahead. :D

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."
Eph 6:10

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Good afternoon my forum family and welcome aboard to those that have just joined our knowledgable little family. Been a little busy getting caught up on some leg work. Peni, great to hear from you my friend and happy things have worked out so well. Sadness has befallen our family and my condolences to you guys, always sad to hear bad news. I hear we are getting some snow in Alberta, got a little rain here today so a good a reason as any to stay inside and enjoy some indoor activities.
welcome rae-rae, dont worry about the age thingy, we have a 30 year spread and am not going to worry about it. The group has taught me that when you have a genuine relationship we will move forward. I know we will have an interview as my lawyer advised me of that, that will help strenghthen our position I beleive. Lots of our family have provided great insight into the questions which are pretty basic. When you know each other and the families it is rather simple. Went to Ocho and ran head long into a bottle of Josè, felt a little weak for a day but gaining some vision back now. Take care eh mon!

This beautiful woman one day walks into a doctors office and the doctor is bowled over by how stunningly awesome she is. All his professionallism goes right out the window...

He tells her to take her pants, she does, and he starts rubbing her thighs.

"Do you know what I am doing?" asks the doctor?

"Yes, checking for abnormalities." she replies.

He tells her to take off her shirt and bra, she takes them off. The doctor begins rubbing her br--sts and asks, "Do you know what I am doing now?", she replies, "Yes, checking for cancer."

Finally, he tells her to take off her undies, lays her on the table, gets on top of her and starts messing around with her. He says to her, "Do you know what I am doing now?"

She replies, "Yes, getting herpies - thats why I am here!"

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Hi All.....

Missingmybaby... long time no see girl... wha gwan? keep your chin up and i will pray for any little bit of news for you!

Canuck.... hey wats going on.... i get so jelous when i hear people are in Ochi... thats my stompin grounds... you would see me sitting on the rocks across from the clock and the market place just listenin to the street music and jamin with the family just watching life pass me by... happy as flies on dung.

sorry for all those who are struggling with the loss of loved ones right now... life nuh easy yuh no..... tomorrow is never promised...so we just need to live life right and to the fullest and keep god in our hearts and to try leave this earth with no regrets....

confused... i know that all embassies do their own police checks for the PR applicant of Canada on their own for those who have lived in Canada at one point for longer than 6 consecutive months over the age of 18. I know that under unique (for lack of better word) circumstances they may ask you to do one on your own - RCMP Check. From what i read from your post (correct me if im wrong) POS has already asked you to provide a police check? is this correct? If not, then i wouldnt worry about it until they request it (if they even do) because as mentioned they do their own check.