28-10-2010
Interview........
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2010
Hello Everyone!!

CONGRATULATIONS LONGDISTANCE!!!!....another one down.......WOW.....our family is getting smaller in one way and bigger in another... :D

Peace ......enjoy tomorrow night..Congrats to you and your hubby, hope he has a great trip to Canada :D

Hope everyone is doing good and my fingers are crossed for more UPDATES again tomorrow!!! :D :D

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
congrats longdistance!!!!

hopefully the momentum can pick up... hump day tomorrow.....

mizzy

Sep 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2008
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
16-03-2009
File Transfer...
31-12-2008
Med's Request
21-12-2009
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2010
LANDED..........
18-03-2010
Sorry I have been away all. Trying to prepare for hubby's landing on the 21st and have had a sick child since Thursday night. First ear infection and antibiotic. Think we caught it early though - special thanks to my mom (aka MAMA) for insisting I take him to a clinic Friday night.

Well my countdown is on...5 more sleeps and I still need to make room in the closet LOL! Since I have known for weeks you would think it would be all done, but easier said than done with a toddler!

Congrats on the reunifications last week Faith and Helpme!

Peace, I can only imagine your excitement. What a "pot of gold" for St. Patty's Day!

Congrats also to Longdistance! We 2008ers and early 2009er are finally almost complete!

Thanks Soso and Faith on the form question last week. I have told hubby not to worry about it and he was quite relieved. They are probably more concerned about thier form if there are non-accompanying items being shipped.

Well right now I am filled with nervous energy, but not true excitment. Might be trying to fit 2 weeks of work into 4 days this week on top of ill child and trying to have everything in tip top shape for hubby's arrival. I imagine it will knock me over Sunday once I stop long enough to realize the impact of the day. Or maybe part of it is the surprise hubby keeps speaking about that he has for me this month. No clue what it could be, but our anniversary is a week from Friday and he will be here...I keep trying to get it out of him, but he is playing a good game - only problem is I am NOT good with surprises, in fact I quite dislike them!

Well g'night.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YEAH LDK........ THAT IS THE BEST NEWS...... You deserve this time my girl... and I couldn't be happier for you. NO MORE PASSA PASSA's ALONE...... that is such great news

Peace.... make sure you brng lots of tissues.... lol.... You girls who are having PP calls and PP pickups are VERY VERY BLESSED... not only to have your special someone's home but just in time for some nice weather.... This has been a very long winter for me and my husband and for him to see 18 degree's yesterday was a blessing fuh tru....

Being cooped up in our very small apartment has been hard, I cannot wait for the spring and summer to come.... It's just around the corner I can feel it....

I have not been feeling to hot lately.... kinda have morning sickness..... WINK WINK.... they should call IT ALL DAY SICKNESS, cause it doesn't just happen in the AM....

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
CONGRATS LDK, that is awesome news. Good to see KG working hard still. Maple and Sassy will soon be thier hubbies as well. Have a great St patties day and don't forget the green beer.

Aug 20, 2009
Longdistance - CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you! 4 years is a crazy long wait --- I can only imagine the excitement you have brewing inside you!

Soso --- you pregnant girl? Congratulations!!!!!!!! I too had the 'all day sickness'...mine left right around the 12 week mark so hopefully yours does too!

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone...a bit on edge here at work...anxious for this evening to arrive. *deep breaths*

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
STATUS UPDATES

NAMES DATE FILED LATEST UPDATES TOTAL TIME
Torontogirl June 08 Husband Landed 20 months
Maple Aug 08 Awaiting med redo & police re-do
Sassy Nov 08 Dealing with ARC
MedRedo, Fees paid and submitted
Junor Oct 08 Husband Landed 09 months
Faithhope Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Workinprogress Nov 08 Hubby Landed 16 months
Peaceloveunity Dec 08 Hubby Landed 15 months
Mizzy Dec 08 Called for PP waiting to come home 15 months
Lonley Dec 08 Husband Landed 14 months

Peni Feb 09 Picked up passport 12 Months
Hatewaiting Feb 09 Requested Caips
Longdistance Feb 09 PP Request 12 Months

Kc416 March 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Frequent March 09 Husband Landed 6 Months
Soso April 09 Husband Landed 7 Months
Glogirl April 09 Fingerprints requested and submitted
Missinghubby April 09 Submitted Med redo
Stressed May 09 Awaiting Medical re-do
soanxiouswifey May 09 Awaiting Med re-do
Rosemel June 09 Quebec Application
Selection Cert requested and submitted
Homesoon July 09 Interview requested Feb 10 now dealing with ARC
Helpmeplease Aug 09 Hubby Landed 5 Months
Chelley Sept 09 Pick up PP 4 Months
Jamwifey Oct 09 AOR received
Missingmyboo Sept 09 AOR received
Siron Oct 09 AOR received
Kimore Nov 09 AOR received
whydotheykeep PP Picked Up

Highlyflavoured Jan 10 Sponsorship Approved
Canuck Feb 10 Sponsorship Approved

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Good Morning Alll......... Happy St. Patty day... cant wait to drink some green beer...

LDK.... great news girl.... so happy for you... unbelieveable feeling isnt it? congrats!

Soso ------- wassup my girl.... morning sickness...? CONGRATSSSSSSS.......... what great news... miss u!

Jammy... wow the update looks great... lol... waaaaay easier to read! Good Stuff..

Peace... i pray your hubby has a safe flight and an easy immigration process...

to everyone.... I Miss you guys and take care !!

frequent_flyer

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
File Transfer...
21-04-2009
LANDED..........
11-11-2009
CONGRATULATION LDK

LDK this is awesome girl...dont worry the couple weeks will run off quickly before you know it he will be coming thru those golden doors. Have fun getting prepared!!!!

Soso.....ahhhh....are you pregnant. the way i saw you with Boo's baby i had to say to my hubby someone wants a baby.

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
Morning you lovely people.

I have been sick with the flu AGAIN! My little girl had it and got it from her. Too much TLC. Casualty of being a mother I guess.

CONGRATS TO YOU LDK. So happy for you. You must be so happy right now.

SOSO.. you got a bun in the oven. Congrats.

Lonely I know you will still be around no worries girl just enjoy the well deserved time with your family.

Frequent: Thanks a lot girl.

Stressed I fixed it and big up yourself.

Maple and Sassy you need to clear the way. Love how the 2009ers are moving too.

ITS HUMP DAY. Come On KG give me more to Update.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
LDK

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI my god my girl this is awesome ...i cannot belive it ....wow

so happy for you my girl .....you must be so hype.....Yes like KC said what a feeling you must a felt ....

Peace i hope you are getting ready for the big day ......so happy for you ....Anyways congrats again to you

Mizzy get er done girl ....lol ...i too was the same way ....hahahaha....all at the last minute .....

Jammy thanks .....life has gave me alot in the last few weeeks ....all my dreams came in the airport that night and i couldnt be happier......

SOSO..........lol..... ;D ;D ;D........hush little baby dont say a word lonely gunna buy you some gravel soon !!!!bahahahahaha

I am gay ....

Stress mi jus a check pan yuh!!!!

Lovin the UPDATES sassy and maple soon u guys man ....yea!!!!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
soso.... awwwwwwwwww congrats!... love babies... and mat leave :)

jammy.... hope you feel better soon!

mizzy.... you're sooo close... i'm sure it'll sink in soon!

kc.... drink some green beer for me, doubt i'll find any up here ;) and besides, i don't drink beer lol

peace.. enjoy the moments to come... congrats again!

hey maple, frequent, canuck, faith, stressed, homesoon, helpme, lcw, rosie, kmc, glo, missingx2 and everyone else...

i can almost hear the dialing from kingston, wonder who else will get the call this week?

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was going to wait till 12 weeks to spill the beans... A few on here already knew..... somehow.... LOLLLLLLLLL

I already knew I was preggers at the forum family dinner..... but my son does not know yet, so I didn't wanna give it away just yet.

Funny enough some people... BOO COUGH COUGH figured it out..... I tried to deny but I am not a very good liar...... The water and juice I was drinking should have given it away. I am almost 9 weeks and feeling rough to say the least

I have been prescribed some morning sickness pills, but you can't take them until the night as they make you sleepy... they are supposed to work all night and morning.... not so much.... I had some bleeding on the weekend so I was scared and went to hospital, everything turned out ok, and me and hubby got to see the likkle heartbeat.... it was very special..... glad everything is ok now..... just resting and staying possitive... LOL

Someone on here also told me that I was going to get pregnant right before I found out... BOO COUGH COUGH...... and she told me cause her likkle man was so cuddly with me I must be having a GIRL....... I didn't have the sickness with my son.... so maybe it is a girl..... Lawd help me to learn how to braid hair........ LOLLLLLLLLLL

If I had a boy It would be lot cheaper...... we will see.... I am very excited....... !!!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL Chelley...... me too.... so question for you? When you are on Mat leave, do you have to sign any monthly paperwork or do anything special.. I was thinking to visit JA for a few weeks and not sure if they would like that or not ???????

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
soso... nope.... mat leave is a different flavour of EI.. you don't need to do anything and can leave the country for as long as you want (must deal with other forms of govt if you stay longer than you are supposed to ;) ) .... they even have an out of country claims office that deals with people who are filing from out of country (number is 877-486-1650)

i came down here dec 2nd when my son was 2 months and one day (wanted to get his first shots done which we did the week before)... put my other two children in school (which they are loving) and hubby and i get to spend some time together and with the baby...

we were expecting to be down here until july/aug, so when we got thru the immigration hoops months quickr than we expected it left us in limbo a bit... i didn't want to pull the kids out of school again, and i am enjoying living down here, but am ready to be home for a number of reasons... there are some not so pretty realities about living here.... and my grandfather isn't doing fantastically these days, so i would like to get back before his day comes.... but i digress....

YES, you can spend months out of country on mat leave (if you spend more than 3 and health ontario finds out, they can withhold your health benefits for a 3 month landing period when you return... maintaining a canadian address can help avoid this!)

sorry for the novel!