Kingston,Jamaica

homesoon

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday this forum was SO depressing. Today there's so much energy. See what a few pieces of great news can do!

SoSo - congrat's on the baby news. As for mat leave - you sign your paper work before you leave and what you do after that has nothing to do with them. You can go to Jamaica as much as you wish my dear.
I hope it passes (morning/night sickness too). As for braiding hair - makes me laugh. I got pregnant when I was 18. There were NO bi-racial kids around anywhere (meaning my friends were either white or pretty brown jamaican girls with fairly course or curly hair). so I was worried, how would I do my kids hair! My husband (as you can see on my facebook) is so dark - I'm so white - this kid is going to have CRAZY hair. Yah, apparently my genes are dominant. Take a look at my album and you'll see her - her features are for sure on the JA side - her hair - not an ounce of texture. We have no idea how it happened, but man does she get mad compliments when we're down in JA.
But I was so disappointed, I wanted to braid her hair :( hehehe

Chelly - man, I never had mat leave and now when I approve mat leaves here at work ... I'm so so jealous. You're right girl - that's definatley a perk of having a baby :)

Thanks again Jam for the update.

I wish Sassy would login. I think the great new for LDK would help her spirits.

As for 'who's next'? I'm cheering for Sassy and Maple. I think I will cry when they come on here and update us with good news. I'm not sure why, but I am so so feeling for them and keep praying this will all come to a good end for them (well all of you ... but I give them a little extra attention in my prayers as of late).

ok - ring phone ring. KG call someone today!

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no that's great and thanks so much for the advice. I will definetly be thinking about staying for X mas this year for a month maybe more... depends... and I assume your MAT LEAVE is just direct deposited into the bank account.

So you were able to get the 2 month old shots, Birth certificate and PP in 2 months of baby being born...... WOW that is great .. I am very excited about this !!!!!

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
HOMESOONCOME: You are welcome girl. You are right good news bring good vibes. Love it.

Glad everybody is in good spirits.

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
lol @ soso i happy fi yuh girl glad that you and hubby get er done like that .....lol i have this strange feeling i will be preggers by month end ....BUT it can wait for real cause bare beer and parting mi a do dis yah summer man ....mi and hubby havent had a summer since 3 years ago ....wanna do some road trips
Camp out ......go to JA yadda yadda ....cant have a full fun if mi knocked up ....lol

Oh well if it happens.....glad everyone is in good spirits

And BIG UP EVERYONE !!!!!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
homesoon.... my genes are def strong too.... i have two kids from my previous marriage (also to a jamaican) my daughter looks a bit like me, but she's the darkest of the three... my first son, spitting image of his father, but strawberry blonde... the baby... he's looking like he'll be a redhead too :) none of them have the least bit nappy hair... more just thicker than mine (which is very thin) and on the curly/wavey side.... :) so you really never know what you'll get :)

soso... yes, mat pay is direct deposit... and yes, you register the birth online these days, you apply for the b/c at the same time... takes about 2-3 weeks if all goes well, but it can take longer (they say up to 6 weeks).... we needed ours NOT to take 6 weeks and after nearly 4 i hadn't heard anything about the registration going thru... so i called my MP and they expedited it for me... had b/c by 5 weeks, passport by 7 (he was technically nearly 9 weeks when we arrived)... if your hospital is on the ball and filing their paperwork in a timely fashion (mine was not), you can get it all done in less than 6 weeks easy.... my doctor said that in special circumstances babys can get their 2 month shots a couple weeks early (6w is the earilest).... don't like to do it, but they'd rather give them to them early than not at all...

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
All this baby talk is making me yearn for a baby. I am missing the way it feel to hold one. I think we will have one next year. I think we will make beautiful babies. Hubby says if the baby is dark dark then we are going on Maury....lol YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!

So we are thinking of going to Ocho Rios for our Anniversary getaway. Can anyone recommend a nice but fairly priced hotel there? Man I cannot wait.

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
jammy.... lol... my ex refused to believe our son was his when he was first born (long story, but he was a product of us going out and having a few too many drinks after we'd split up lol).... but of course he's a splitting image of him now....dumbazz... anyways, what's reasonable price range for you? will you guys have a car?

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Peace - Congrats on welcoming your hubby home this evening.... Continue to breathe deeply and STRETCH!!! LOL 8)

If only I was a betting woman.... I CALLED IT SOSO!!! LOL!!! Congratulations to you and the big man Mr. SOSO. I think you need a girl to bring some balance to the family... you see me??? Bonne chance!!! I hope you have an easier pregnancy in the later trimesters....Forum family is having its first & 2nd welcome hubby home babies!!! AAAWWWW!!

Somewhere in the distance, Maple can hear the faint sound of her clock.....tick......tock.....tick.....tock...

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
ChellY: No we wont have a car. I cant drive and hubby hates driving here. We do have a "taxi man" who is a family friend who chauffeurs us around. Anywhere between 50-100 CDN a night would be great.

MAPLE: You are too funny breathe and stretch...lmao

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh Maple.... You are still young and hubby is yonge.... It will happen when the time is right.... Maple you planning on going back anytime soon..... The fiyah Chief's 399 vacations days must be up soon??? LOL

I just wish I could eat cause I am sooooooo HUNGRY...... but I don't have the appetite like usually have.... I am being fussy and I am never fussy... and I am CRAVING strange foods..... like orange juice and BREAD....... I love meat but for some reason I cannot eat it now.....

Did any of you experience these weird food experiences?? Like I have heard of cravings for pickles... but BREAD and OJ...... and no meat....... strange.......

lonelycanadianwifey

Jan 25, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2008
Doc's Request.
19-03-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
01-07-09
Med's Request
11-11-2009
Med's Done....
16-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-02-10
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-10
LANDED..........
02-28-10
SOSO

Yes it is tru anything is possible when you are preggos.....I was a strick veggi person ....i couldnt eat meat grossed me out ....So i dont surprise me there....All i could drink was water ....craved water like crazy ...

and i had a strange obsessed with clean socks.....lol....DONT ASK !!!!!

All in all i was a mad woman ....lol just joking ....I loved celary and it had to be fresh and watery ......i dipped it in italian dressing ....i could eat that morning noon or night!!! Now i cant stand celary....LOL ewwww

I love pregnacy .....but the end part kinda scares me !!! hahahah

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
soso.... i ate pancake batter at least once a day with my daughter... ugh lol

jammy... i'm thinking fishermens point... they have a "resort" and private rentals should find something under 100.... i like the location for you if you dont have a vehicle of your own... some of the girls might know of a few guesthouses that would work for you too...

maple... lots of time ;)

jamwifey26

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2, 2009
Doc's Request.
September 14, 2010
AOR Received.
December 2,2009
File Transfer...
November 2, 2009
Med's Request
September 14, 2010
Med's Done....
July 31, 2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 2,2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 16, 2010
I used to crave lime and salt :eek: Used to sleep with a huge bottle of salt by the bed. It was done by the time I had my daughter. I used to crave crabs too.

Soso-2-di-whurlll

Nov 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah JAM me too... SALT like crazy me too.... my husband tells me he is going to call intervention on me for sweety and salty stuff....

And get this... good laugh.... when I took the test at home to confirm the pregnancy...
I came out of the bathroom crying..... and instead if my husband grabbing me and crying with me... he stops dead in his tracks and says.... SOSO, it all makes sence now.... no wonder I was so tried all the time! (INSERT JAW DROPPING OPEN with a dumb A$$ look on MY FACE) I said how in the rass can me being pregnant make you feel tried.
He said when a ooman is expecting the father feels sleeepy and lazy..... WHATEVER!

I work all day and come home to my 6 year old... and when you are not working in the day you can sleep and lounge around all day! I do not feel sorry for him ..... I am TRIED NAH RASS

stressedwife

Star Member
Nov 26, 2009
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
27-10-2009
jamwifey you done know mi deyah

soso got your message we will talk.....cant beleive the sickness(yes i can)i had morning well all day sickness for 5 months... :'(....i think u r having a girl.....i was telling sassy on bbm that your hubby shooting straight lmao...no blanks round here....bahahahhahaha....i am still really young so no rush for me trust me......maybe when my daughter turn 5/6........

love the vibes on here today,....the weather is lovely...

chelley- i love your stories....yah your red hair is very strong looking for real.....

so am pretty much packed up waiting for a last minute deal lol......anytime now!!!!!!!!!

where is peni?