NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
BYTC
hold faith everthing will work out soon
we are all praying for you
i know that this must be very frustrating for you ??? ???
but the Lord never gives us more than we can bare
trust me there are days that i would like nothing more to go up to cic and start cussing out people :mad: :mad: :mad: but what would that accomplish
all we can do i wait hope and pray and try to find ways to distract our brains even if its temprally so we wont end up having to bounce off padded walls and being forced to take happy pills :p :p

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
hey, I think we have a sheet with all of our statistics for Kingston. Anyone know where I can get the updated link? Thanks

AliCatShaw

Jul 4, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent June 2011,~resent-Jan 12/2012
Doc's Request.
April 30/2012 PCC re-do
AOR Received.
Jan 31/2012
Med's Done....
Jan 9/2012
Interview........
April 24/2012~positive
Passport Req..
May 17th/2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 16th/2012
LANDED..........
Aug 2nd/2012~Home 3rd
!

Thnx so much best, ready and jamaicans girl!!!!
I found myself obssessed :eek: with checking ecase, so I try to step away from forum and it for a bit, makes me lose my focus. So sending all of you wonderful peeps inline waiting with me nothing but positive thoughts and prayers!!!!

Yo, KNG....see dat colour.....we want more plz!!!!!

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
Hello Kingston forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is everyone? This can truly be an emotional rollercoaster!!!! I am doing ok, keeping myself busy. Was just revived from a real down time, this whole process was making me physically sick..can you believe that??? But feeling much better now and keeping busy by getting my home prepared for when my husband comes home.

Welcome home CharlieD! Glad to hear you are settling in well, the weather's been great too so that really helps. @Jamaicansgirl so nice to hear that your family will be reunited soon I am glad they didn't take too long with that. Helloooo to everyone who's new and heyyyyy to all my old friends :) :) :)

Sooooo I'm at the 6 month mark..hoping something will happen soon, we recently had a change on ecas, they added hubby's address.

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Most of the 82 days is basically a waiting period, the actual approval of a sponsor takes 1-3 days in most average cases. Remember, this is simply a case of verifying some financial and legal information, which I'm sure CIC has access to for their purposes. Also, this is the office that handles ALL sponsorship cases outside Canada, they handle literally thousands of packages per day, hence the waiting. Once the sponsor is approved, after about 2-3 days your eCAS goes active.

Once that is done, your package moves to CPP-Ottawa for transfer by diplomatic mail. Depending on where it's going, that takes about 10-14 days and then it arrives at KG. KG will then upload the files on their system, again this might take about 2-3 weeks after your file leaves Canada. In our case, we were approved on May 9, and out file was transferred to KG by May 19, and by May 25 the electronic file had been created. The creation of your file in KG will trigger another eCAS update, which will show the applicant's details if they bother to enter them (such as address).

After that, in general, you hear nothing from KG and your eCAS will likely go static. That is why I highly recommend the eCAS tracker, as it saves you the trouble of checking it obsessively, because really, nothing much happens on it and sometimes it can be inaccurate, especially when they upgrade it.

After some months you get an "In process" update, which means KG is ready to do something for you. Look out for either a re-do request for PCC and meds, or a PPR to submit your passport for visa insertion if these are still current (done less than a year ago). If you are cutting it close, they might also ask you for a flight itinerary which has you leaving Jamaica by a specific date. They might also ask to see your original marriage and birth certificates (these will be returned with the passport).

And, that, in a nutshell, is the process. For KG, it can take between 6 months (their current 20% estimate) and 15 months (their current 80% estimate) or it can take even longer (for the 20% that require more than average time). Whatever it takes will depend on your relationship circumstances, on the background of the applicant and several other factors, not all of which will be understood by us because we aren't privy to all the processing that takes place on these applications.
Question Charlie, so what do you think I can expect at this point? Here's my timeline:

App filed: DEC 2011
Sponsorship Approved: FEB 2012
File Xfer: FEB 2012
*On ecas at this point was only my name and address-hubby's name was added maybe a month later
APRIL 2012:email from Kgn said our file was in process
JUNE 2012: hubby's address was added to file
>>to date ecas only shows application & medical received.

Dahlia

May 18, 2012
So happy to see movement for JG

Hope all are well and tonight is update status night so for those waiting you may want to check things out in the morning.

6 more days for my landing I have been up and down emotionally and physically trying to make things perfect but it is worth it because I get happier by the minute.

Be blessed,

Dahlia
More GREEN PLEASE

suki

Nov 26, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
20-10-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-05-2012
JG Awesome news!! :D :D :D thrilled for you, c'mon KG let's get that green going! Hope everyone is well! stay strong and positive...the day will come and things will be as they should!

One Love

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
lovehasnoboundaries said:
Question Charlie, so what do you think I can expect at this point? Here's my timeline:

App filed: DEC 2011
Sponsorship Approved: FEB 2012
File Xfer: FEB 2012
*On ecas at this point was only my name and address-hubby's name was added maybe a month later
APRIL 2012:email from Kgn said our file was in process
JUNE 2012: hubby's address was added to file
>>to date ecas only shows application & medical received.
Good morning! Lovely rainy morning today, haha. We had a lot of rain up this way last night.

LHNB, Your husband's file is being worked on, as is evidenced from the email and the addition of the proper mailing address this month. Keep your eye out for mail (well, he should), as I recall my address was corrected in Dec and I got my "in process" in Feb followed by the letter a few days later. I won't speculate on your timing, it hardly ever serves to do that. Hopefully, it's not too long before your hubby is home with you, enjoying all this lovely weather! ;D

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Good morning! Lovely rainy morning today, haha. We had a lot of rain up this way last night.

LHNB, Your husband's file is being worked on, as is evidenced from the email and the addition of the proper mailing address this month. Keep your eye out for mail (well, he should), as I recall my address was corrected in Dec and I got my "in process" in Feb followed by the letter a few days later. I won't speculate on your timing, it hardly ever serves to do that. Hopefully, it's not too long before your hubby is home with you, enjoying all this lovely weather! ;D
Yep, hoping not too long from now. In the meantime, I've been turning my house upside down lol...had no idea I had all this stuff tucked away in my basement and garage :s It's really keeping me busy which helps the time go by faster.

Have a great day everyone!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LOL, you want to come help me with ours? I am dying to get my hands on the basement, but hubby is still hemming and hawing over letting me loose on it. I re-organized the linen closet and he went "Holy heck, I can see all the towels now!" and I laughed because I took everything out, then sorted them into neat, tidy, folded stacks. I am OCD about things like that, and nothing is guaranteed to drive me mad faster than having to search for what I need. The basement is his "man cave" though, so he is wary of me going down there and tossing things he might want to keep. :p

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Ok so I don’t know if this is a day from hell or if I am just letting people get to me
So a co-worker of mine watched some episode on the 5th estate about marriage fraud…
I swear some people watch an episode of a show and all of a sudden they are experts on a subject
My problem is ok so you watched the show and yes this goes on in the world all to often if you ask me
But I know my husband …. I am not some girl who just meets a man a decide yeah I am going to have him come to Canada and live with me …. My husband and I have been through the good the bad and the ugly and we faced them together and with everthing we have been through it has only made us stronger untied. We decide that we want to spend our lives together and wheather it is here in Canada or there in Jamaica. We choose to go the route of Canada because at this point in our lives living in Canada would be the best option… sooo sorry I am blabbing on and on. I am just so sick and tired of people pushing their oppions in on my life straight the fuck up none of them know me you have little information on me basic knowledge I went back home and married my long distance boyfriend ….. how dare anyone try and cast there judgement on me and try to tell me that my husband is using me for immigration purpose
I am so sick and tired of people ….. honestly I wish all of the would fuck off and just leave me be …. chuh

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
CharlieD10 said:
LOL, you want to come help me with ours? I am dying to get my hands on the basement, but hubby is still hemming and hawing over letting me loose on it. I re-organized the linen closet and he went "Holy heck, I can see all the towels now!" and I laughed because I took everything out, then sorted them into neat, tidy, folded stacks. I am OCD about things like that, and nothing is guaranteed to drive me mad faster than having to search for what I need. The basement is his "man cave" though, so he is wary of me going down there and tossing things he might want to keep. :p
lol I would love to help you Charlie, but it seems like the work here is unending!!! :) Oh ya, no way, don't mess with the man cave..I'm sure there's TONS of stuff to throw away down there and if it was me, I would be tossing things out right, left and center

lovehasnoboundaries

Sep 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2011
File Transfer...
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
Ok so I don't know if this is a day from hell or if I am just letting people get to me
So a co-worker of mine watched some episode on the 5th estate about marriage fraud...
I swear some people watch an episode of a show and all of a sudden they are experts on a subject
My problem is ok so you watched the show and yes this goes on in the world all to often if you ask me
But I know my husband .... I am not some girl who just meets a man a decide yeah I am going to have him come to Canada and live with me .... My husband and I have been through the good the bad and the ugly and we faced them together and with everthing we have been through it has only made us stronger untied. We decide that we want to spend our lives together and wheather it is here in Canada or there in Jamaica. We choose to go the route of Canada because at this point in our lives living in Canada would be the best option... sooo sorry I am blabbing on and on. I am just so sick and tired of people pushing their oppions in on my life straight the *censored word* up none of them know me you have little information on me basic knowledge I went back home and married my long distance boyfriend ..... how dare anyone try and cast there judgement on me and try to tell me that my husband is using me for immigration purpose
I am so sick and tired of people ..... honestly I wish all of the would *censored word* off and just leave me be .... chuh
Hi Ready, so sorry to hear that you're being stressed by other people, it's not fun nor fair at all and I know all of us here have been through it. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, because I'm confident in the strength of my relationship. I guess time will tell for all those doubters, don't even take that stuff in girl. What I don't like is that there is such a strong negative stereotype with Jamaicans or from the Caribbean in general...if you were to have met a french guy in Paris...same scenario others would say "it's sooo romantic" right?! True, there have been many who have married for the wrong reasons (from all over the world) and left a bad rap for others, but of course with billions of people in the world, everyone can't possibly be the same. I think the way to break that negative stereotype is to share the positive things about our relationships and our significant others there is so much power in our words!

Stay strong Sis!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Trust me I am soo angry right now
Not only do I have to spend years seperated form the man I love
But to have people casitng judgement on our relationship
Making unnecessary comments …. Only fules my rage
I am tired of definding my shit i married this man it was my choice
But I have to defend my choice to Imigration , family, friends, co workers, strangers everyone
I am tired I just want to be with him be happy live our life with our kids and the rest of the world can fuck off
I bet if we had chosen to live in jamiaca everyone would be saying wow that’s love to give up everthing in canada to live in jamaica so you can be with the man you love……NO ONE NO ONE IS LOOKING AT THE FACT THAT HE IS GIVING UP EVERTHING HE KNOWS , To try and make it another country because he wants to be with me..... aint nobody looking on that side of the coin….. I LOVE CANADA but the roads are not paved in fucking gold so why because we choose to settle here every thing has to be so hard ……. FUCK IT MAYBE I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP AND GO HOME

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ceeallen said:
Lovehasnoboundaries...its so truee! When it comes onto Jamaicans.....people can be so stereotypical. I know for me, I've had an aunty who has married several men in Jamaica, and has taken them here to be with her in Canada, and it didnt work out, and based off of her situations, i'm being judged. It's really true though, you have to have confidence in your relationship. When someone shares a negative statement with you about immigration, share something positive about your hubby, and that alone will shut them up!

Stay strongg, and be courageous.
yes...sterotyping is not so fun....I married a Cuban man and I have heard nothing but negative things from friends....my family was good....they spoke their mind when I first told them but since then nothing but love and support......it's truly amazing how people judge someone they don't even know on stories they have heard about other people....