Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
By the way, as I am checking emails, found this deal...

$104 -- Jamaica All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Half Off
http://www.travelzoo.com/ca/top20/4489312-1255374/
Source: ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Jamgirl said:
So fam, I received an interesting email today... remember back when I inquired with my MP the first time, and the info I received back was pretty much what I already knew along with my MPs facts of not being able to inquire again within 6 months and it delaying my file? Well at that time I had contacted Minister Kenney's office to ask about said facts and they said they would do an inquiry, this is the email I received...

Dear XXXXX:

This is in reply to your email dated April 23, 2012, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the status of your husband's application for permanent residence.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Our records confirm that your sponsorship undertaking was approved and your husband's application was received at the Canadian High Commission in Kingston in October 2011. I can also confirm that visa officers are in receipt of your husband's medical examination results. Please be assured that visa officials will contact your husband should additional information, documentation or a personal interview be required.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Kingston are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 16 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

Further information on processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia.

I hope that this information is of assistance.

D. Kit

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

At the time, I just followed their instructions, not realizing it would be a seperate inquiry (took long enough lol). The part I find interesting, and maybe someone could clarify (CHarlie?) is that it says Kingston received hubby's app in October 2011, but that is the time I sent it to Mississauga... ??? Maybe that is when they were made aware of the application to therefore assign a file number?? Anyways, just thought I would share as I was surprised to see this in my email folder this morning....
SO Jamgirl if they are correct and are on time, you have less than a year left to wait... Is this correct? I wish there was some way we all could put them on blast and make them move faster!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
well Blondie... if my app goes the full extent of the 16 months, then yes. But I am surely hoping my husband is here next month :)

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
Jamgirl said:
well Blondie... if my app goes the full extent of the 16 months, then yes. But I am surely hoping my husband is here next month :)
I am hoping for that as well! I am praying for that! I have been fortunate not to be separated from my hubby as we both are living in the Bahamas. I am planning on moving as soon as I get approval and am hoping we wont have to be separated for too long!

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Argggghhh I am soo frustrated right now it is driving me crazy
Dealing with this immigration stuff has me going crazy
I find myself checking my email every 10 minutes to see if I get an email and stocking the cic website to see if the have updated the time line yet ohhhhh boy I am going nuts FML
Count down t- minus -16 says till I am in hubbys arms again
I hope when I go home we will be celebrating my approval as his sponsor and then it will be in KGN HANDS
God I hope…….
I miss him so much and I cant wait to start our life here in Canada together arghhhhhh

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
Argggghhh I am soo frustrated right now it is driving me crazy
Dealing with this immigration stuff has me going crazy
I find myself checking my email every 10 minutes to see if I get an email and stocking the cic website to see if the have updated the time line yet ohhhhh boy I am going nuts FML
Count down t- minus -16 says till I am in hubbys arms again
I hope when I go home we will be celebrating my approval as his sponsor and then it will be in KGN HANDS
God I hope.......
I miss him so much and I cant wait to start our life here in Canada together arghhhhhh
yes....I know exactly how you feel.....I think alot of us do... :(

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Mrslswn, May I correct/inform you... my overpayment, from so long ago, was retrieved from my income tax return....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Jamgirl, applications are sometimes counted as received from the date of initial receipt at CPC-M, it is a process in stages, and although we see them as separate, they see it as one entire process.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Thanks Charlie! still stayin positive bout my news from last week so everyting good!

Now my big debate... book a trip to see hubs or wait... either way, its been 4 months since I saw hubs and we both need a break from the depression....
just hope my welfare check comes thru so I can pay for my flight lol

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
ceeallen said:
lol Jamgirl! People can be so ignorant...dont even watch that, haha. I'm debating aswell whether 2 c my hubby. Waiting for sponsorship approval to come thru though. My goal is to book a flight for Oct.
check ur inbox!

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Happy wednesday forum family and a big welcome to our newbies, you'll find it a great place to wait out the process. Congrats to all those that have updates happening as well, albiet not quite quick enough but time will pass soon. Those that have a wait ahead of them should take time when they can to go get a lube job and an oil change. Hey, Charlie, hows the black flies treating ya. Time for a little midweek smile

Bubba got drunk and died in a fire in his trailer caused by his cigarette. His body was so badly burned that the morgue needed someone to I.D. the body, so they called his two close friends, Jim-Bob and Billy-Joe to come and try to I.D. the body.

Jim-Bob went in and the mortician pulled back the sheet, and Jim-Bob said, "Yep, he's got burnt up purdy bad. Roll 'im over." So, the mortician rolled him over, and Jim-Bob looked at his butt and said, "Nope, dat ain't Bubba." The mortician didn't say anything, but thought that was a little bit strange.

Then, he brought in Billy-Joe to I.D. the body. Billy-Joe looked at him and said' "Yep, he's burnt up sumpin' real bad. Roll 'im over." The mortician rolled him over, and Billy-Joe looked down at his butt and said, "Nuh-uh, 'at ain't Bubba. The mortician said, "How can you tell?"

Billy-Joe said, "Well, Bubba had two ssa holes, ya know." "What? He had two ssa holes? Impossible!" said the mortician. "Yep. Everyone in town knowed he had two ssa holes, cause every time the three of us went into town together everyone would 'here comes Bubba with them 2 ssa holes.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
LMAO, canuck! Black flies are being nice, or maybe it's still too cool for them to be about, only seen one or two since I got here! One came into the house after me, and I grabbed the broom and shooed it back outside and it went. Can I tell you the hubby was impressed with my fly-wrangling skills, bahahaha! :p

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Jamgirl said:
Mrslswn, May I correct/inform you... my overpayment, from so long ago, was retrieved from my income tax return....
You may, however in Ontario overpayment of regular social assistance is never deducted/or pursued unless it is out of your current social assistance monthly benefits. This is a fact. Different provinces have different rules, so I would only state things I am positive about. Work programs or upgrading programs thru welfare may be different, and I know mat leave and EI benefits overpayments ARE deducted from tax refunds, garnish wages etc.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I am just wondering why they didn't take the overpayment when I was still collecting for school??

Anyways, that was my experience. I guess they will take the money however they can get it...

And you did point out something that I never thought of, different provinces...