+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
So, my step daughters mother has signed the paper giving permission to come to Canada, the paper was brought by person to KNG last week. My question is why can't I still not see anything about the file on the website? If KNG rec'd the file and called for us to send in the notorized letter wouldn't they already be processing the file? When I check this message comes up

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times

Thanks ladies

tintin79

Jan 28, 2011
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2011
Interview........
genuineness determined no need for interview
Passport Req..
05-02-2013 and they're still holding on to it as ARC is still in process from Dec 12 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
27-06-2013
jamaicansgirl said:
So, my step daughters mother has signed the paper giving permission to come to Canada, the paper was brought by person to KNG last week. My question is why can't I still not see anything about the file on the website? If KNG rec'd the file and called for us to send in the notorized letter wouldn't they already be processing the file? When I check this message comes up

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times

Thanks ladies
Ensure that you are inputting the client I'd or File # correctly. Contact CIC if you're having problems logging in.

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
One more question :p

On the website under our file it has our lawyers address on it for the mailing and home. Can I change this? I'd like all documents to come to me not her cause she keeps them for too long. Will this delay the process? Thanks guys

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
ceeallen said:
BTW, I have a friend who's wrking on her husbands application right now. I'm not sure if anybody has any experience with this or could provide some information....She was on welfare in the past...bout 3-4 yrs back, and she has five hundred n something dollars worth of overpayment....personal overpayment, none having 2 do with sponsorship, or any defaults as this is her first sponsorship....will cpc look in2 this and deny her...or is she ok to sponsor?
Ceeallen, welcome! As you've already been encouraged, stick and stay!

To reply to your question, your friend needs to deal with the over-payment ASAP. If she cannot pay it immediately in lump sum, she needs to make a payment arrangement. While she is not currently in receipt of welfare, the over-payment MAY be used as a reason to find her ineligible, as she was in receipt and is technically still indebted to the government for that amount.

When completing her application, she has two options in the section where it asks her what she wants to do if she is found ineligible to sponsor. If she indicates that she wishes for processing of the application to proceed at the visa post anyways, the file will go to KG. This gives her some leeway because if she makes a payment arrangement now, she has 3 months to wait for sponsor approval (she could pay it off by then) and then she has even more time before KG decides on the application (more time to pay it off) and by then she can provide proof to KG that she is no-longer indebted to the government and she can appeal the denial (they have to deny it, her spouse may be admissible on his own but without an eligible sponsor he won't be considered for family class). The catch is that to get an appeal date can take months to a year.

Alternatively, she can opt to get back the application and continue to deal with the over-payment issue, then re-submit the application once it is paid off.

Or, she can wait until she has dealt with it and then submit the application.

Whatever option she chooses, it needs to be the best for her circumstances.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
jamaicansgirl said:
One more question :p

On the website under our file it has our lawyers address on it for the mailing and home. Can I change this? I'd like all documents to come to me not her cause she keeps them for too long. Will this delay the process? Thanks guys
You have to submit the forms again to remove the lawyer as your representative and appoint yourself so all documents and correspondence goes to you. Not sure how well that works out, my husband was listed as my representative and KG took no notice of it at all.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Actually ceeallen, I do have experience with this... I had an overpayment from years ago (that I wasn't even aware of until shortly before sending my app off) it was from provincial training allowance which is a subsiduary of welfare....

anyways, I was approved as sponsor and I even called the social services phone number to see if this would cause me problems with immigration and they told me "definately not!"...

this was my experience. if your friend would like to call and ask, it might make her more confident about it... :)

jamaicansgirl

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
CharlieD10 said:
You have to submit the forms again to remove the lawyer as your representative and appoint yourself so all documents and correspondence goes to you. Not sure how well that works out, my husband was listed as my representative and KG took no notice of it at all.

I gave me the option on the website to update address which is why I asked. I don't want to remove her since she's still our representative so I think I'll leave it alone for the time being. Woulnd't want KNG to get their panties all up in a twist LOL :p

AMANDAWOOD

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec-15-2011
Med's Done....
sent with orignal appliction
Interview........
hopefull none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
cant wait
I see there are new people here WELCOME
PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU STILL WAITING

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
cee, I will try to find the phone number that I called and then maybe she will get better information if it is different from where she called...

and my overpayment was due to the fact that I was unaware that I was to report my income tax return as an income. At the time, I was supposed to give them my money, who knew? anyways, that is why I have an overpayment...

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
your welcome

do you no V.A.??

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
may I ask which parish your hubby is from?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
cool, we have a few other members who are from there as well or have spouses from there.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
So fam, I received an interesting email today... remember back when I inquired with my MP the first time, and the info I received back was pretty much what I already knew along with my MPs facts of not being able to inquire again within 6 months and it delaying my file? Well at that time I had contacted Minister Kenney's office to ask about said facts and they said they would do an inquiry, this is the email I received...

Dear XXXXX:

This is in reply to your email dated April 23, 2012, addressed to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the status of your husband’s application for permanent residence.

Please be assured that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. We assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. We make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like.

Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a 2-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

CIC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. In addition, incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can also significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application.

Our records confirm that your sponsorship undertaking was approved and your husband’s application was received at the Canadian High Commission in Kingston in October 2011. I can also confirm that visa officers are in receipt of your husband’s medical examination results. Please be assured that visa officials will contact your husband should additional information, documentation or a personal interview be required.

Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Kingston are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 16 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

Further information on processing times can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia.

I hope that this information is of assistance.

D. Kit

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

At the time, I just followed their instructions, not realizing it would be a seperate inquiry (took long enough lol). The part I find interesting, and maybe someone could clarify (CHarlie?) is that it says Kingston received hubby's app in October 2011, but that is the time I sent it to Mississauga... ??? Maybe that is when they were made aware of the application to therefore assign a file number?? Anyways, just thought I would share as I was surprised to see this in my email folder this morning....