Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Anada my application went in all missing things too I spoke with immigration and they said mine may or may not be sent back they told me I could send it in without the other 1/2 payment and there wouldn't be a wait so unsure who to believe??? But seeing as the waiting time is so long just to open my envelope it is better to send it all together then waiting for them to open different pieces you mail back in

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
chickie72 said:
Anada my application went in all missing things too I spoke with immigration and they said mine may or may not be sent back they told me I could send it in without the other 1/2 payment and there wouldn't be a wait so unsure who to believe??? But seeing as the waiting time is so long just to open my envelope it is better to send it all together then waiting for them to open different pieces you mail back in
Chickie, even though u did that, and they gave u that info, I am warning u guys against sending in incomplete application. I don't care what the immigration ppl told u, even sending in the fee piece piece causes delays. I really wish they would give solid proper advice instead of wasting you precious time. I am only telling you guys this to minimize your wait time. Why chance it?

BASHA

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2011
Interview........
NO!!!
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
18-05-2012
Hello,

Hello, just checking up. I agree with MrsLswn. It even says in the immigration package to decrease wait time ensure all fees are paid and documents enclosed. Just take ur time Anada and get it done right the first time. I know its long and overwhelming but don't leave any stones unturn and you will sleep easier at night.

Mi nuh hear a ting whole day. A wah KG a deal wid?
Let's Go!!!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
Phone is FIX!! :D

No phone call :mad:

Just to put my 2 cents in....

I found in the forms it told me that not paying the RPRF ($490) up front mean that my application could be denied by up to 2 months. I knew that it would take me less than 2 months to come up with the money so I figured I would rather be late sending it by seh 3 weeks than late on their end by 2 months...

I also agree with others that you should try your best to hand in a complete package. The delays you can suffer from immigration will be far greater than waiting to send off your app on your end. I know when I received my guide in the mail from immigration, there were several places where it says "complete application". It is very important to do this. I agree with Mrslwsn that they are not giving proper advice as everywhere even on their website it states all timelines are based on receiving a complete application...

When my hubby went to do his medical, it went fairly smooth. He did use the female doc in Mobay and the only complication we ran into (i think we got ripped off!) was that he had to pay more money because he has tattoos. Not sure why this is, I have never received an explanation . If anyone knows of a reason feel free to enlighten me... Anyways, he received a receipt/certificate of medical completion the same day as his medical. Hubby called them in advance to book an appointment but they just told him to come in on day "x" or day "y"....

Also, I have heard that CIC-Mississauga is backlogged right now, SO if it take you an extra week or 2 to get your app together propa, den maybe they might get caught up on this back log in dat time an yu see no difference.... just a thought!

Good luck!

Ok KGN... ya rusty from a long weekend... tomo is action time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
The woman doc in Mobay has been know to delay sending the medicals in to immigration....She has a bad reputation and has frig over several forum members. Even tho my husband lives in Mobay, I MADE him go Ochie...I did not want to chance a single thing, and it living proof that patience and following all the steps pays off, well in my case at least.

@Jamgirl-may I asked what you paid for the medical. The one in Ochie made my husband come twice, because they wait for certain lab results come back. It was all explained to me by a nice lady on the phone when I called them for instructions. He was given the paper on the second visit, total time was one week. I believe my husband paid J14,500...and he has no tats.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
We must have gotten lucky with the female doc, and if I had known of this forum I would have made hubby got to Ochie too from the sounds of things and hubby is in Trelawny so would have been doable. I don;t remember the fees exact but I know he went prepared to pay the $14,000(?) as told to him on the phone. But when he got there and to the final building (medical was spread out over several buildings, xray in one, lab in another, etc., doc was in last one where he paid) they told him he had to pay (I think)700 for each tat (hubby has 4)... 2 of his tats are on his back and the other 2 are on each arm. Doc asked him to take off his shirt but he never take of his merena and so then she never even see the 2 tats on his back... this is why I think we got ripped off! Oh well, money paid and done now and at least medicals received was after 4 months not like the 5 I am usually seein although obviously hasnt sped up any approval lol...

and if I have to pay that again Im gonna be VEX! ALso hubby get another tatto the other day so gonna be more now??? Oh and guess what his tatto is?? lol TWENTY SIX... lol we got matching ones!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Jamgirl said:
We must have gotten lucky with the female doc, and if I had known of this forum I would have made hubby got to Ochie too from the sounds of things and hubby is in Trelawny so would have been doable. I don;t remember the fees exact but I know he went prepared to pay the $14,000(?) as told to him on the phone. But when he got there and to the final building (medical was spread out over several buildings, xray in one, lab in another, etc., doc was in last one where he paid) they told him he had to pay (I think)700 for each tat (hubby has 4)... 2 of his tats are on his back and the other 2 are on each arm. Doc asked him to take off his shirt but he never take of his merena and so then she never even see the 2 tats on his back... this is why I think we got ripped off! Oh well, money paid and done now and at least medicals received was after 4 months not like the 5 I am usually seein although obviously hasnt sped up any approval lol...
bwoi I am scratching my head on this one...were his tats them photgraphed? maybe they had to document them? Is the first I am hearing this, but as I said my man paid 14,500 and that was just regular medical fee. Where in Trelawny is he from?

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I dont think they were because as I remember he dont even take off his merena... hubby is in Falmouth area... Bounty Hall

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Jamgirl said:
I dont think they were because as I remember he dont even take off his merena... hubby is in Falmouth area... Bounty Hall
Ok I know Falmouth well. Have some links in Martha Brae...but now because of the cruise ships the square maad. Too much tourist foolishness. But I go often. My house in between Falmouth and Bay...and we have another house in Bay too, Mt Salem.

But mi still waan know wha di hell dem charge extra fi di tatto dem fa? Mine ah scam dem ah run....that Dr shady to baxside!

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I love Falmoth... I think the sqaure is pretty now but when he go we mostly stay on da main road and away from the sqaure..... love to sit at Nazz and have a cool drink and talk wit da people dem... also hang at our tat guys shop an da barber shop.. oo mi miss it!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Not my speed. Too much tourists. I took my kids and mommy to see the ship, and I usually go bendown on wednesdays, but too much hassle.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I agree, we stay away from the square... no tourists on the main road for the most part....

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Good evening! Dead tired but decided to poke my head in before I went off to sleep.

Jamgirl, person's with tattoos are treated differently in Jamaica for the purposes of blood work, that may be why your husband was charged extra for having them. In Jamaica, persons with tats may not donate blood as a general rule. Years ago when AIDS first became a concern, this became the rule because not all tattoo artists used sterile needles for each client, and this became one (minor) way of passing the virus from person to person. The medical authorities here err on the side of caution regarding persons with tattoos. When my husband was treated here the nurses made several comments about his tattoos and how having them might prevent him from getting treatment (he requires an IV), and they had his blood work done both times he went to the hospital, even though the visits were just days apart. All this to say, maybe that is why the doctor was that way about your hubby's tats.

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Good evening! Dead tired but decided to poke my head in before I went off to sleep.

Jamgirl, person's with tattoos are treated differently in Jamaica for the purposes of blood work, that may be why your husband was charged extra for having them. In Jamaica, persons with tats may not donate blood as a general rule. Years ago when AIDS first became a concern, this became the rule because not all tattoo artists used sterile needles for each client, and this became one (minor) way of passing the virus from person to person. The medical authorities here err on the side of caution regarding persons with tattoos. When my husband was treated here the nurses made several comments about his tattoos and how having them might prevent him from getting treatment (he requires an IV), and they had his blood work done both times he went to the hospital, even though the visits were just days apart. All this to say, maybe that is why the doctor was that way about your hubby's tats.
Makes sense, because when I was thinking about it, I either thought it was because they had to document them or something to do with the bloodwork.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
I can appreciate that thought... just leaves me with the question... why have to pay for each tattoo, why not a flat fee for having tattoos... he had to pay J$700 (?) x 4 not flat J$700.. that is what made me wonder... I don't really care anymore, it is paid and done from long ago (August)... but now wondering since others had problem with same DMP